PDA

View Full Version : (nhc) aberdeen

Fuzzywuzzy
12-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Just had a look at the Aberdeen site to see if they had anything up about tickets for the semi. Didn't find anything but what they do do is run buses from park and rides on match days. I think this would be a great idea as parking can be a pain in the proverbial round our way.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Just had a look at the Aberdeen site to see if they had anything up about tickets for the semi. Didn't find anything but what they do do is run buses from park and rides on match days. I think this would be a great idea as parking can be a pain in the proverbial round our way.

I find parking at Easter Road superb, never failed yet to find on street parking within a ten minute walk to the ground.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-03-2017, 06:17 PM
I have been parking in more or less the same spot for the last 25 years or so and have never really had an issue.

H18 SFR
12-03-2017, 07:03 PM
I have been parking in more or less the same spot for the last 25 years or so and have never really had an issue.

Also have 'my space'. I find it so weird, even on very busy match days we get it. Even better, we are unbeaten every time we park there, first parked there at the Hearts replay last season hence why I try for the same spot. I've just realised I have my first superstition.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM

Have you seen the eye-watering parking prices in Aberdeen? Iirc it was £6 per hour (yes SIX) about 3 years ago. Effing scandal.

Onceinawhile
12-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Can't say I've ever had a parking problem either, even at busier games.

marinello59
12-03-2017, 07:22 PM

They don't run buses from the park n ride. That's the normal bus service.

Frazerbob
12-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Have you seen the eye-watering parking prices in Aberdeen? Iirc it was £6 per hour (yes SIX) about 3 years ago. Effing scandal.

£6 per hour? Nonsense.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 10:36 PM

The Tesco at the bottom of ER is great value so are the flats at the top of Restalrig Road :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2017, 06:53 PM
At the Hetz game we arrived an hour before KO and I had to do a tour of Leith before I found a parking space .... but its usually only night games where I have a problem, most other times its OK.

What I don't get is why huge chunks of Hawkhill avenue are coned off, even with cars parked there is plenty of room for buses and the like to pass each other on that road ..... just seems like one of these baffling decisions the council / police make to ensure life is a pain in the arse for everybody.

killie-hibby
13-03-2017, 07:29 PM
The Tesco at the bottom of ER is great value so are the flats at the top of Restalrig Road :aok:

Tesco have recently introduced a three hour limit,and attendants patrolling with cameras.IIRC a £70 fine for exceeding the 3 hour limit.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Tesco have recently introduced a three hour limit,and attendants patrolling with cameras.IIRC a £70 fine for exceeding the 3 hour limit.

Just ignore the fine, throw it in the bin.

Diclonius
13-03-2017, 07:33 PM
There's usually always spaces on Royal Terrace and the connecting roads.

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Just ignore the fine, throw it in the bin.

:agree: ..... my partner did that 3 years ago at the retail park in Galashiels, they kept threatening to take her to the 'crown court' ... good luck with that for an alleged offence commited in Scotland, the first clue that it was unenforceable nonsense. The threatened fine got bigger and bigger and our paper bin got fuller and fuller and then they just gave up :greengrin

jabis
13-03-2017, 07:40 PM
:agree: ..... my partner did that 3 years ago at the retail park in Galashiels, they kept threatening to take her to the 'crown court' ... good luck with that for an alleged offence commited in Scotland, the first clue that it was unenforceable nonsense. The threatened fine got bigger and bigger and our paper bin got fuller and fuller and then they just gave up :greengrin

You get some nice photographs of your car for free :greengrin

weecounty hibby
13-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Unenforceable. They can't make you pay the fine. It's where I have been parking and they did have a security guy taking note of the reg plates at the Hearts game. It was a nightmare trying to get parked at the Ayr game and we missed the first goal as we had a couple of circuits of Tesco and the surrounding streets before eventually getting a space