PDA

View Full Version : Message from Frank Dougan

hawkhillhibby
12-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi All,

Firstly may I say what a privilege it has been to be a Fan's Representative, and I am honoured to have been voted on for another term.

For those who don't know, I will briefly scribe what I have been involved in to date:

Attending Board Meetings
Attending Academy Board Meetings
Attending Disabled Supporter's Association Meetings
Attending Working Together Groups
Taking the Scottish Cup on Perservered Tour, to shools, Supporter's Clubs, Hospitals
I am the License Holder for Behind the goals bar.
Helping with queues for Ticketed matches.
Helping around the Club most days of the week.
Representing various functions and funerals on behalf of Hibernian.

This is some of the involvement, that has been both rewarding and fulfilling. The last years have been a huge learning curve for the Club, Amit and Myself, and hopefully we can improve upon certain areas.

I am delighted to be voted back on, and feel that Tracey and I will work well on your behalf. I will be meeting Tracey to ascertain the best method to communicate will you all going forward, whether via regular surgeries, social media platforms, or on ad hoc basis.

I promise that I will use social media more frequently, as not everyone is able to voice their concerns to me in person, although I am approachable at all Hibs first team and development team matches.

I know what the role involves, so I am glad to be involved in continuity, and Tracey and Myself are wholeheartedly committed to being your voice in the Board room in the next two years.

Thanks for voting once again, and may I say commiserations to the losing candidates.

Frank

GGTTH

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Congratulations Frank and thanks for taking the time to bleather to my auld Dad at the photo shoot.

Good luck.

PatHead
12-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Well done Frank. You deserve it.

kaimendhibs
12-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Congratulations Frank

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

matty_f
12-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Congratulations Frank, looking forward to hearing more about the stuff you're involved in. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Good post Frank, hope it works well for you and Tracey

Pretty Boy
12-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Congratulations Frank. A 2nd term was well deserved.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Good to see you on here Frank. Keep up the communication

Moody Blues
12-03-2017, 10:00 AM
well done on getting re-elected. Good luck in what you are trying to achieve on behalf of the fans.
As you will know, it is impossible trying to please everyone but I think the majority of fans appreciate your efforts.

Tamhere1875
12-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Just st do what you have been doing Frank and you will be ok

MurrayfieldHibs
12-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Frank, congratulations for getting a second term to keep on contributing to the resurgence of our great club. Thanks for continuing to give up so much of your time to help the club that we all love.

I shall continue to feedback my perceptions about the club including areas where I think we could do better and I know you will listen and feed this back as you have done in your first term.

Welcome to Tracey :aok:. If you haven't met Frank before please note that he usually has strong opinions - but he isn't always right :greengrin

GGTTH

:flag:

Hibseightl
12-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Well done Frank , keep up the good work

Stantons Angel
12-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Congratulations and very well done Frank and Tracey.

There is bound to be situations where you cant please everybody but dont take the criticism personally.

We know you will do a good job for the club and for the fans.

Aw the best!

billbee
12-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Congratulations Frank : thanks for all your hard work .

Best wishes
Bill Black 💚💜

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Congratulations Frank ....... I see you are license holder for BTG ...... WTF is going on with that? :greengrin

scooby
12-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Frank ....... I see you are license holder for BTG ...... WTF is going on with that? :greengrin

Beat me to it, here's your chance to let the people who use it know what's happening?

Forza Fred
12-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Hope to see you atop the open decked bus again this season Frank!

Bishop Hibee
12-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Well done Frank. Keep up the good work!

Gerard
12-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Well done Frank and Tracey
y. I am sure you will make important contributions to our club. The losing candidates I am sure will have other opportunities to contribute to making our club better.

KingFranck
12-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Keep up the good work Frank
GGTTH

hibbybob
12-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Well done Frank (and Tracey)!

I didn't vote for you last time but did this time and that was on account of what you've done over the last 2 years.

keep up the good work - hope you see you at the Persevere 2 tour.

GGTTH

Bay Area Hibees
12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the work Frank

Cod Boy
12-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Would like to thank Amit on his WORK the last two years appreciated by me pal.

ColinNish
12-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Ditto.

BroxburnHibee
12-03-2017, 08:05 PM

Yep it's not easy to put yourself in the firing line. Thanks from me.

vincipernoi
12-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Congrats Frank

thanks for your kindness to my mum when the cup came to St joseph's, Gilmore Place

scooby
15-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Bump

Any chance of an update?

hibeerealist
15-03-2017, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=hawkhillhibby;4976181]Hi All,

Firstly may I say what a privilege it has been to be a Fan's Representative, and I am honoured to have been voted on for another term.

For those who don't know, I will briefly scribe what I have been involved in to date:

Attending Board Meetings
Attending Academy Board Meetings
Attending Disabled Supporter's Association Meetings
Attending Working Together Groups
Taking the Scottish Cup on Perservered Tour, to shools, Supporter's Clubs, Hospitals
I am the License Holder for Behind the goals bar.
Helping with queues for Ticketed matches.
Helping around the Club most days of the week.
Representing various functions and funerals on behalf of Hibernian.

This is some of the involvement, that has been both rewarding and fulfilling. The last years have been a huge learning curve for the Club, Amit and Myself, and hopefully we can improve upon certain areas.

I am delighted to be voted back on, and feel that Tracey and I will work well on your behalf. I will be meeting Tracey to ascertain the best method to communicate will you all going forward, whether via regular surgeries, social media platforms, or on ad hoc basis.

I promise that I will use social media more frequently, as not everyone is able to voice their concerns to me in person, although I am approachable at all Hibs first team and development team matches.

I know what the role involves, so I am glad to be involved in continuity, and Tracey and Myself are wholeheartedly committed to being your voice in the Board room in the next two years.

Thanks for voting once again, and may I say commiserations to the losing candidates.

Frank

GGTTH

Hi Frank,

Congratulations! I know you love what you are doing so keep up the good work.

Good luck to Tracey too.

Bert

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2017, 05:48 PM
crap font frank, try saying that quickly :greengrin

weststandhibby
15-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Congratulations Frank and Tracey
Keep up the good work you've started over past 2 years.

GGTTH

jacomo
15-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Good work Frank, being a regular representative on match days is absolutely part of the brief I would think, as well as everything else you do.

Is there not someone at the club who can help you with social media updates? I don't mean daily Twitter q&a sessions - just the odd update or response to specific issues.

Siralbertkidd
15-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Good work Frank, being a regular representative on match days is absolutely part of the brief I would think, as well as everything else you do.

Is there not someone at the club who can help you with social media updates? I don't mean daily Twitter q&a sessions - just the odd update or response to specific issues.

I think someone close to him needs to relay to Frank what is being asked on social media and this board. Twice a guy has asked about Behind The Goals, which Frank holds the License for, and there has not been a reply from the person representing the fans, who want/need to know whats happening.

Andy74
15-03-2017, 08:30 PM
I think someone close to him needs to relay to Frank what is being asked on social media and this board. Twice a guy has asked about Behind The Goals, which Frank holds the License for, and there has not been a reply from the person representing the fans, who want/need to know whats happening.

Yep. Hit and run posting is not really two way communication.

Itsnoteasy
15-03-2017, 08:35 PM

I thought that is why Tracey was also chosen. Has she not got a track record with social media.

cmcd
15-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Congratulations Frank from the Peebles Hibs Supporters

ian cruise
15-03-2017, 09:30 PM
I thought that is why Tracey was also chosen. Has she not got a track record with social media.

Absolutely agree. It's well known that Frank isn't a big social media user but other based their campaigns on that this year and last and it's time for those who did to give Frank a hand.

scooby
15-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Absolutely agree. It's well known that Frank isn't a big social media user but other based their campaigns on that this year and last and it's time for those who did to give Frank a hand.

Fair enough, but Tracey doesn't hold the licence for BTG, Frank does. Fans would like to know what's happening from the horses mouth.

ian cruise
15-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Fair enough, but Tracey doesn't hold the licence for BTG, Frank does. Fans would like to know what's happening from the horses mouth.

True but I'd expect the reps to be working together. Frank is doing his fair share of the face to face stuff and is likely to continue, Tracey can help him be being the online presence. I see that Tracey has actually responded and said she'll try get answers for Sat so that's a massive positive for me. Wasn't a personal slight against Tracey, I don't know her at all, was just a suggestion as to how the two reps could work together to improve communication on such issues.

hibbiedon
16-03-2017, 05:29 AM
Congratulations Frank I'm really pleased that you were elected, thanks again for your visit to Whitefoord it was greatly appreciated by all

Since90+2
16-03-2017, 05:42 AM
Would also like to hear an update on the plans for BTG?

Bostonhibby
16-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Agree.

On the roles themselves, I voted for Tracey but not on the basis that she would be the person who would pick up what Frank didn't want to or couldn't do. I also voted for Frank.

These are equal roles though and hopefully a sensible division and sharing of responsibility will see engagement continue to improve from both with all fans who want to hear from both reps.

hawkhillhibby
16-03-2017, 07:49 AM
I am told there will be a statement on the the Hibs website very soon with an update.

scooby
16-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Agree.

On the roles themselves, I voted for Tracey but not on the basis that she would be the person who would pick up what Frank didn't want to or couldn't do. I also voted for Frank.

These are equal roles though and hopefully a sensible division and sharing of responsibility will see engagement continue to improve from both with all fans who want to hear from both reps.

Spot on.

scooby
16-03-2017, 08:38 AM
I am told there will be a statement on the the Hibs website very soon with an update.

Thanks Frank, appreciated.

hawkhillhibby
16-03-2017, 08:45 AM