PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Unseen work
11-03-2017, 08:45 PM
With him not even getting on the bench at Rotherham and not having a hope of getting in the Celtic squad.

Would we, as a club take him back?

I'm not talking about ability wise etc.

Would Petrie/dempstsr/Lennon take him back if offered after the way e left with handing in a transfer request?

I would personally love to see him back especially in the top flight, I'm unsure on where the club would stand on it though.

We took back Thomson but that was different circumstances

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2017, 08:49 PM
It's a bit odd he can't even make the bench for a side as poor as Rotherham. They've hardly won a game all season.

Peevemor
11-03-2017, 08:51 PM
With him not even getting on the bench at Rotherham and not having a hope of getting in the Celtic squad.

Would Petrie/dempstsr/Lennon take him back if offered after the way e left with handing in a transfer request?

I would personally love to see him back especially in the top flight, I'm unsure on where the club would stand on it though.

Is that you Scott?

hibs#1
11-03-2017, 08:52 PM
It's a bit odd he can't even make the bench for a side as poor as Rotherham. They've hardly won a game all season.

Is he not back at Celtic already?

keep the faith
Yes I would take him back and hope we go for him. Would love to watch him play again.
I will definitely be in the minority here and get braced for a 5 pager involving quite a lot of strong views...

Unseen work

It's certainly an odd one, in January there manager was praising him saying he was the one player in the team that shows real quality and creativity.

He then played a couple of a games in a row and now he's disappeared again?!

He was at our game a couple of weeks ago

scott7_0(Prague)
No, he burnt that bridge.

Unseen work
11-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Is he not back at Celtic already?

No he was only back for a week or two in January while he recovered from his injury

Unseen work
11-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Is that you Scott?

No it's me, Brian Kerr.

stoneyburn hibs
11-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Undoubtedly great ability but his heids burst so no thanks. Look at the parallels comparing him and Henderson at Celtic. What a waste of talent.

Peevemor
Did anyone see something there?

StevieCowan
In a minute. One of the best players I've seen in recent years, him, McGinn and Hendo in the same team 💚💚💚

Jim44
11-03-2017, 08:57 PM

You can only assume he has issues, as he has the ability.

3pm
Yes, definitely.

Diclonius
Yes.

1875Hibees
11-03-2017, 08:59 PM
No chance

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-03-2017, 09:01 PM
What a waste of talent. He was superb in that 4-0 win over the Huns.

Forza Fred
11-03-2017, 09:02 PM
My view is that while Scott is undoubtedly a talented player, he falls into what could be described as a 'luxury player'

Ie,he displays scintillating touches now and again, but offers little by way of all the other graft and running that is expected of players in Scotland these days.

Doesn't score many goals either.

A player, who if Hibs were dominating would take charge, spray balls right and left and lay on a couple of goals, but in the wind and rain struggling to get possession and turn around. 0-1 deficit at Some footballing outpost, I'm. Not sure he fits the job description.

Smartie
11-03-2017, 09:02 PM
The fact that he's been to quite a few of our games over the past couple of years would suggest that he hasn't burnt his bridges with the club entirely.

We did rather nicely out of his time at the club, got a superb season out of him then a decent return from Celtic when he went there.

It was good to see KT get such a good ovation from the Hibs fans at Tannadice last night, and there was a long way back for him from the way he left us the first time round. You could say the same about Riordan and Ian Murray.

He was brilliant to watch, and if there was any chance of it happening it would be great to see all parties manage to put the past behind them.

Mibbes Aye
11-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Yes I would take him back and hope we go for him. Would love to watch him play again.
I will definitely be in the minority here and get braced for a 5 pager involving quite a lot of strong views...

The manner in which he left doesn't really bother me. It happens in football all the time and I'm sure we've had players come to us who had agitated for a move or really annoyed their own supporters. It happens.

Biggest problem with him for me is that while he could find the deftest of deft passes, his decision-making wasn't good. Instead of trying to do the spectacular every time, if he had opted for the simpler more often then we would have scored more goals, won more points and been more successful.

In a way he's not dissimilar to Zemmama in that respect. Different kinds of player but both with inordinate skill. Unfortunately both would try to do that little bit too much and it lessened their impact, hence their career highs probably being at ER.

11-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Who?

Stantons Angel
11-03-2017, 09:06 PM
This subject keeps coming up time and again.

I would definitely say NO!

you cant take it away from him that he has the ability and can play when he wants to.

If he didnt want to he hid in many games for Hibs, the ones he played in he was great.

The debacle of his will i stay will i go departure was mind boggling for us supporters.

One minute he was in the media declaring his love for the club and telling us he was staying put.

Rangers kept pushing and pushing us to sell him, so annoying that it made Leeann angry and she came out and told them what she thought. Their valuation being nothing like ours

In short he held the club to ransome and showed great disrespect for us in the way he behaved.

He was lucky he went to a better club than Rangers but never showed his skills at all!

To compare him to Henderson is a joke, Henderson took to Hibs so well and was a credit to us and to his parent club with the way he played and handled himself.

Allen would be no use to Neil Lennon's team he wants workers and winners!

Jack
11-03-2017, 09:10 PM
While he left with the support being less than happy with him he left with the best of wishes from Leeann and Co.

If it happens it happens. He was undoubtedly a very special talent when he was here. Maybe he's the type of player who can only play at one type of club, with the support we gave him.

He has diabetes??? Whatever it was Hibs seemed to have it sorted and when he went to celtc they said what we were doing was crap and changed it. His performance disappeared over a cliff.

I'd have him back ... if he signed a long contract.

I reserve the right to be a fickle football fan.

hibs#1
11-03-2017, 09:18 PM
No he was only back for a week or two in January while he recovered from his injury

Ah right 👍
My view if lennon wants him then it's a goer from me.
He has great talent that's for sure.

Unseen work
11-03-2017, 09:30 PM
I think some fans allow there memory to be clouded based on how he left.

He was brilliant for us, he never "hid" or never fancied it some weeks.

He got player of the season and a move to Celtic for a reason

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Nope, not just because of the way that he acted before he left us but also since he did leave (over 18 months ago) he's only played 28 games and only 8 of these matches have been starts.

To not feature much for a Rotherham side that's rooted to the bottom of the Championship and struggling to buy a win this season speaks volumes about him and his character.

There's no doubt he does have a talent but I think it's quite clear that he's an arse and he has an attitude problem.

I definitely wouldn't sign him again.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Absolutely not. He took the piss out of our club and got what he deserved. See ya Scotty. 👋👋👋👋

Lancs Harp
11-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Scotty needs to get his act together, basically done sweet FA for the best part of two season now, dont waste your talent son.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Scotty needs to get his act together, basically done sweet FA for the best part of two season now, dont waste your talent son.

I think he does, and it'll probably be at Dundee United next season in the championship.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 10:03 PM
No. Calderwood burnt his bridges with his "bag of sweeties", Scott Allan went one further and actually put in a transfer request to head to our biggest rivals.

I hope he slips down to the amateur leagues without a trace.

CMurdoch
11-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Believe he signed a 4 year contract with Celtic so the Scotty Allan gravy train has a way to run yet.
Given his previous behaviour he will sit about pulling in the money until the contract is up or they pay him up.

CMurdoch
11-03-2017, 10:10 PM
I think he does, and it'll probably be at Dundee United next season in the championship.

Not unless Celtic pay him off

11-03-2017, 10:20 PM
At least he has a Scottish cup winne......whoops

Pete70
11-03-2017, 10:22 PM
I would take him back, he knows how to unlock defences with a killer pass.

Glory Lurker
11-03-2017, 10:49 PM
He's currently battling with Iain Black on my "hope they sign for Hibs" list.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-03-2017, 10:53 PM
He's currently battling with Iain Black on my "hope they sign for Hibs" list.:top marksPeople wanting him back need there heads seen to.

stoneyburn hibs
11-03-2017, 11:03 PM
At least he has a Scottish cup winne......whoops

And that's it in a nutshell for him. Keep playing for us and have a Scottish cup winners medal, or play for Celtic and possibly get a league championship medal. He had the chance to do one of those but took none.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 11:08 PM

I don't see why, most Hibs fans I know would take him back in a heartbeat, he was outstanding for us.

jacomo
11-03-2017, 11:10 PM
It's certainly an odd one, in January there manager was praising him saying he was the one player in the team that shows real quality and creativity.

He then played a couple of a games in a row and now he's disappeared again?!

He was at our game a couple of weeks ago

Two managers have tried to get performances out of him at Rotherham. Both have failed.

SA keeps blowing his chances. I think his one season here will count as the best of his career.

Andy74
11-03-2017, 11:10 PM
I don't see why, most Hibs fans I know would take him back in a heartbeat, he was outstanding for us.

Most fans I know consider him a complete welt that shouldn't have the honour of playing for Hibs offered to him again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Quality player. No doubt. Bit be assured that if he returned to us and regained his form, then by the time the window opens he would be angling for a move and would be disruptive. Seems he can't help it. When he signed for us, my Arab chums said just wait and see what happens.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 11:30 PM
We are past the Scott Allan stage, he came, he done okay,he left. Done nothing of note since to suggest he has the desire or commitment to succeed.

neil7908
12-03-2017, 05:18 AM
This is not a dig at the OP but sometimes it feels like Hibs fans are infatuated with ex players. Not a week goes by that we don't get a thread on Griffiths, Allan, Stokes, Miller, Riordan (still!) or someone else.

There is so much to be excited about at the moment and many, many big games to look forward to I find it quite odd sometimes that we seem to spend half the time harking back to folk that in some cases haven't pulled on a Hibs shirt in a decade.

Niffy
12-03-2017, 06:35 AM
This is not a dig at the OP but sometimes it feels like Hibs fans are infatuated with ex players. Not a week goes by that we don't get a thread on Griffiths, Allan, Stokes, Miller, Riordan (still!) or someone else.

There is so much to be excited about at the moment and many, many big games to look forward to I find it quite odd sometimes that we seem to spend half the time harking back to folk that in some cases haven't pulled on a Hibs shirt in a decade.

What's Keith Houchen up to these days ? He'd rip this league up....

Northernhibee
12-03-2017, 06:41 AM
:top marksPeople wanting him back need there heads seen to.

If your best friend saw their partner leave them for their arch nemesis, you'd think they'd be mad to take them back if it didn't work out. Same scenario.

Scott Allan wasn't as good a **** as some on here are suggesting either.

Baader
12-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Would only lead to history repeating. Soon as he was a regular with good performances under his belt he'd be angling for a move away again.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2017, 06:52 AM
A truly wonderful player on his day and should have gone on to far bigger things.

FilipinoHibs
12-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Probably on 10k at Celtic so they will be looking for about 5k wages from another ckub to pay him off. Out of our league. Damaged goods and best left alone.

Greenworld
12-03-2017, 07:06 AM
No for me trouble follows that guy

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stan the Man
12-03-2017, 07:09 AM
He was outstanding for us in his brief spell at the club.

However they way he tried to leave I feel was much worse, more personal than KT, Murray, Riordan etc. It was disgusting.

Our club and team are now winners. Our recent success is built on togetherness, winning mentality, hard work and of course talent.

The mindset of the club has had to change. Part of that is that we are more a proud, strong club. We are standing up to the Sevcos of this world on and off the pitch.

Hibs of 3-4 years ago may have been interested in trying to resign him, but I think we would have too much pride and realise how feeble we would look taking him back.

100% no for me.

Gmack7
12-03-2017, 07:24 AM

All of above were excellent players in there time at ER
It's not as if we're speculating about vine, McGivern, Collins

HibernianJK
12-03-2017, 07:51 AM
We are past the Scott Allan stage, he came, he done okay,he left. Done nothing of note since to suggest he has the desire or commitment to succeed.

Absolutely deluded if you thought he 'done okay' for us. If he 'done okay' what the hell did everyone else do cos he was miles clear of them.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Absolutely deluded if you thought he 'done okay' for us. If he 'done okay' what the hell did everyone else do cos he was miles clear of them.

Absolutely deluded! Hahahahaha okay then.

Springbank
12-03-2017, 08:20 AM
It's a yes from me

Great skills, needs to settle somewhere (ie here) and get rid of his agent and other unsettling influences

The past would be bygones the minute he bosses a game against hearts and sets up/scores a derby goal. And let's face it, he would.

So, a yes from me.

makaveli1875
12-03-2017, 08:31 AM
id take him back . his best spell of his career came at hibs , he seemed in his element here . plus he stuck it right up the huns

northeast hibby
12-03-2017, 08:34 AM
not just the best player at hibs but in the championship that year

telford hibbee
12-03-2017, 08:35 AM
if there is one thing that would greatly improve hibs it would be a 10-15 goal a season midfielder. remind me how many goals did scott allan score during his illustrious spell with hibs?

jeffers
12-03-2017, 08:38 AM
if there is one thing that would greatly improve hibs it would be a 10-15 goal a season midfielder. remind me how many goals did scott allan score during his illustrious spell with hibs?

How many did he create for others ?

we are hibs
12-03-2017, 08:44 AM
if a burd cheated on you, then left you, you wouldn't take her back after she comes grovelling back, would you? Made his bed so he can lie in it. Or better still, go begging to rangers again to take him. Welt.

HibernianJK
12-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Absolutely deluded! Hahahahaha okay then.

He was voted POTS in the Championship and I don't think it was particularly close, yet he only 'done okay' for us?

Deluded, yes.

jamesjamieson
12-03-2017, 09:05 AM
A luxury player, like George Best or Chic Charnley he performed brilliantly in some games and hid in others. Not what Hibs need right now and potentially a disruptive character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2017, 09:28 AM
He was voted POTS in the Championship and I don't think it was particularly close, yet he only 'done okay' for us?

Deluded, yes.

Have a word and ram your deluded pish, I know exactly how well Allan done for us. Talk about an over reaction to a comment jeez is that you Scott.

Keith_M
12-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Surely he's only playing below par because we ruined his dream of playing for his boyhood heroes alongside some of his wee pals?

So there's the answer, The Rangers should give the lad what he really wants and buy him off Celtc.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Have a word and ram your deluded pish, I know exactly how well Allan done for us. Talk about an over reaction to a comment jeez is that you Scott.

Who was better in a Hibs jersey that season, or any other jersey for that matter.

ColinNish
12-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Not unless Celtic pay him off

Or if United stay in Championship they can get him on loan from Celtc.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Football fans are fickle, :wink: if he did sign and produced the goods like he previously did, we'd mostly all forgive him.

He's the last player we have had at the club who has true ability at creating chances and unlocking defenses with a pass.

We have a midfield now, that really are just grinders who grind out the odd chance through brute force rather than skill and guile.

McGeouch has a little of it, but rarely plays, Shinnie has looked like he can do it on occasions, but Allan was the one player we've had in recent years who when on the ball you thought something might happen.

He acted like a prick, but if we could get that player back, i'd take him back because he would bring excitement back to the team.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Who was better in a Hibs jersey that season, or any other jersey for that matter.

I think both you and the previous poster have taken my comment of "okay" as being derisory towards Allan's contribution to Hibs. You are both wrong. In answer to your question, in a team of utter pish performances I can't actually think of anyone that was consistently better, though I do recall on many occasions Allan being just as bad as the dross alongside him. I suppose though if he could muster the commitment and desire to perform as we know he can he wouldn't be languishing where he currently is and we wouldn't even consider having a chance of signing him.

tamig
12-03-2017, 10:37 AM

"Done okay". Lol. Understatement of the day. His career was in the doldrums when he came to us. The right manager could get a return from SA imo. However, I suspect he is being terribly advised from a footballing perspective and if he were to shine again, his agent would soon be prostituting him around all and sundry. On that basis, it's a no frome.

southsider
12-03-2017, 10:58 AM
"Done okay". Lol. Understatement of the day. His career was in the doldrums when he came to us. The right manager could get a return from SA imo. However, I suspect he is being terribly advised from a footballing perspective and if he were to shine again, his agent would soon be prostituting him around all and sundry. On that basis, it's a no frome.
Sometime soon,perhaps the penny MAY drop and he will realise that he better get his career back on track. If that happens then it's a yes from me.

Captain Trips
12-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Football fans are fickle, :wink: if he did sign and produced the goods like he previously did, we'd mostly all forgive him.

He's the last player we have had at the club who has true ability at creating chances and unlocking defenses with a pass.

We have a midfield now, that really are just grinders who grind out the odd chance through brute force rather than skill and guile.

McGeouch has a little of it, but rarely plays, Shinnie has looked like he can do it on occasions, but Allan was the one player we've had in recent years who when on the ball you thought something might happen.

He acted like a prick, but if we could get that player back, i'd take him back because he would bring excitement back to the team.

Probably true, you do need to like the players that represent the club, support them indeed.

There are several players over the years I have not liked but thought good.

jacomo
12-03-2017, 11:14 AM

Yes, this is probably true.

The question is, given his (lack of) progress since leaving us, how likely is it that he would produce those performances for us? Not very.

Plus, for all his skill, it didn't always make the difference. It would be a huge gamble.

MikeyS
12-03-2017, 12:04 PM
No for me trouble follows that guy

you mean like how trouble seemed to follow O'Connor? Stokes? Riordan? Joey Barton? Goodwillie? Ian Black? Or just that you don't like the way he left us?

this is a criticism that gets used a lot against players in scotland who are portrayed as 'baddies' by fans but there doesn't seem to be any substance with SA as far as I recall.

Maybe I've missed it but he seems quite a quiet guy and isn't ever in the papers/social media.

CMurdoch
12-03-2017, 12:21 PM

Good post, like the midfield grinders section.
It does all look a bit agricultural without McGeough's class and it increasingly looks that we will sadly never be able to rely on him to play in the vast majority of matches

Pete
12-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Great player who I'd welcome back.

Eyrie
12-03-2017, 01:01 PM
No thanks.

Allan had a poor attitude at Dundee United, a poor attitude at West Brom and his various loans, a poor attitude when he left Hibs and a poor attitude at Rotherham.

Quite why people suddenly expect him to recapture his one good season under Stubbs when he failed to give Stubbs that level of performance for Rotherham is beyond me.

snooky
12-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Good post, BH.
However, we can't expect a leopard to change his spots.
Hence the expression a 'spotted dick'

Craig_HFC
12-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Ratboy can get himself so far to **** that it's untrue

Smartie
12-03-2017, 01:38 PM
No thanks.

Allan had a poor attitude at Dundee United, a poor attitude at West Brom and his various loans, a poor attitude when he left Hibs and a poor attitude at Rotherham.

Quite why people suddenly expect him to recapture his one good season under Stubbs when he failed to give Stubbs that level of performance for Rotherham is beyond me.

In spite of having a poor attitude, he managed to play well enough for United to earn a move to West Brom as a teenager and play well enough for Hibs to earn a 4 year contract at Celtic.

Our most consistent on field criticism is that we can lack inspiration in the final third, and he has the ability to cut open a defence with a run or a pass like very few that I've seen in my time watching Hibs.

For that reason I'd be prepared to tolerate a bit of bawbaggery.

There's also the chance that as he gets older he'll realise that he's running out of chances and may have to screw the nut a bit.

chrisski33
12-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Ffs how many threads we gonna have re allan coming back! Hes not welcome and not coming back. End of

HibernianJK
12-03-2017, 08:00 PM
He was offered to Hearts in January on loan but Craig Levein said no. Sums that lot up.

Greenworld
12-03-2017, 08:27 PM
you mean like how trouble seemed to follow O'Connor? Stokes? Riordan? Joey Barton? Goodwillie? Ian Black? Or just that you don't like the way he left us?

this is a criticism that gets used a lot against players in scotland who are portrayed as 'baddies' by fans but there doesn't seem to be any substance with SA as far as I recall.

Maybe I've missed it but he seems quite a quiet guy and isn't ever in the papers/social media.
I don't mean trouble of the park. I understand that within clubs he is not the best and can break the commorardityr of the squad so for me it's a forget it

Deansy
12-03-2017, 08:32 PM
NO - we don't need any players with his mind-set at ER.

brianmc
12-03-2017, 08:40 PM
In spite of having a poor attitude, he managed to play well enough for United to earn a move to West Brom as a teenager and play well enough for Hibs to earn a 4 year contract at Celtic.

Our most consistent on field criticism is that we can lack inspiration in the final third, and he has the ability to cut open a defence with a run or a pass like very few that I've seen in my time watching Hibs.

For that reason I'd be prepared to tolerate a bit of bawbaggery.

There's also the chance that as he gets older he'll realise that he's running out of chances and may have to screw the nut a bit.

Without me addressing every Pro/con comment throughout this thread i feel yours has kinda summed Allan up.

He clearly is talented.
He then uses that talent to move to his/his agents/bank managers perceived 'next level' - then he (or a combination of him and his chums) stir up **** again till they manufacture his next move..... And the £££ keep on coming.

Eventually he'll be a fairly well off ex footballer wondering where the years went.

Whilst his 'advisors' move on to the next dimwit cash cow

cmcd
12-03-2017, 09:00 PM

This has been done to death

cmcd
12-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Yes we took Kevin back but he has always been one of us where as Scott Allan definitely is not

JackLadd
12-03-2017, 09:25 PM
I'd rather have a fit Dylan or Shinnie on a perm but I'd still give Allan some thought, especially if there's any departures close season.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Yes we took Kevin back but he has always been one of us where as Scott Allan definitely is not

The same Kevin who couldn't wait to get to Ibrox :confused: He couldn't give a toss about us then.

cmcd
12-03-2017, 09:40 PM
The same Kevin who couldn't wait to get to Ibrox :confused: He couldn't give a toss about us then.

Absolute nonsense

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Absolute nonsense

I must have my Kevin's mixed up then, i could have swore he was battering the door down to engineer a move to Rangers.

Jim44
12-03-2017, 09:52 PM

I understand your reservations about KT and I can't deny that in the past I've had a go at the manner of his departure, but in my more mellow moments, I have come to accept that these young lads had important career and financial considerations to sort out and I try not to hold that against them. However, I wouldn't offer Scott Allan the same excuses, as he has consistently proved that he is incapable of getting his head down and carving out a worthwhile career for himself. He's one of the waifs and strays of football and such a waste of talent.

jacomo
12-03-2017, 10:01 PM
I understand your reservations about KT and I can't deny that in the past I've had a go at the manner of his departure, but in my more mellow moments, I have come to accept that these young lads had important career and financial considerations to sort out and I try not to hold that against them. However, I wouldn't offer Scott Allan the same excuses, as he has consistently proved that he is incapable of getting his head down and carving out a worthwhile career for himself. He's one of the waifs and strays of football and such a waste of talent.

We've long been a club who have welcomed back our errant sons. No problem with that.

If SA was one of our own we'd all be more forgiving. But he was just a player here for a season and then moved on.

Haymaker
13-03-2017, 12:41 AM
**** him.

MacGruber
13-03-2017, 05:38 AM
NO

As soon as the season finishes and he is player of the year he will only leave us for a large sum of money which we might invest in international class players and future club legends.... NO;)

ColinNish
13-03-2017, 06:21 AM
Absolute nonsense

Really? You must have selective memory then.

Allant1981
13-03-2017, 06:26 AM
based on football skills only it would be daft not to take a player of his ability, he would improve the team no doubt, cant see it happening though

lord bunberry
13-03-2017, 06:30 AM
I thought he was excellent when he was with us, but I wouldn't put it past him to repeat his antics after another good season with us.

FilipinoHibs
13-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Can the admins stop this thread please!

Salt N Sauzee
13-03-2017, 07:44 AM
This must be about the 4th thread about Scott Allan this season. :yawn:

Jim44
13-03-2017, 08:27 AM

Bit dramatic, no? :greengrin

keep the faith
13-03-2017, 10:09 AM

Which suggests lots of us would like to see a committed and long term scott allan back in a hibs jersey playing with the freedom and positivity that lit up the championship the other year.
Most can also get over and see through the failed Hun coup which ended his first spell.

cmcd
13-03-2017, 11:20 AM
I must have my Kevin's mixed up then, i could have swore he was battering the door down to engineer a move to Rangers.

And you know this how ?? You read the papers I get it you believe everything you read. As I have already said this has been done to death as has the Scott Allan story. Move on

cmcd
13-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Really? You must have selective memory then.

No I don't have a selective memory .How often would you like me to explain my comment

13-03-2017, 11:55 AM
No doubting he's a brilliant player but he's gotten himself a reputation as a bit of a **** stirrer and someone that will throw his toys out the pram if things don't go his own way. I don't like the way he treated us at the end, The Rangers insulting, measly offer was simply to turn Allans head and it worked. A slap in the face to hibs who had taken a chance on him and revived his career. I'd be wary of taking back a player like that. We have a team of players who have great team morale and spirit, I wouldn't want that soured or have someone come in who thinks hes bigger and better than the rest.

In hindsight though, Allan leaving the club was the best thing that happened to us. We got McGeough and Henderson out of the deal and they both played a massive part in us winning the Scottish Cup.

ColinNish
13-03-2017, 12:20 PM
And you know this how ?? You read the papers I get it you believe everything you read. As I have already said this has been done to death as has the Scott Allan story. Move on

No I don't have a selective memory .How often would you like me to explain my comment
You obviously didn't see the interview he did then apologising for his behaviour when he left for the Huns?

Salt N Sauzee
13-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Which suggests lots of us would like to see a committed and long term scott allan back in a hibs jersey playing with the freedom and positivity that lit up the championship the other year.
Most can also get over and see through the failed Hun coup which ended his first spell.

Never gonna happen. He had his chance and doesn't deserve another one.

Move on :aok:

Eyrie
13-03-2017, 07:33 PM

I believe that is the first time in his career that Scott Allan has ever been described as committed and long term.

He used us for a year to get his career back on track after he'd messed it up for himself, then moved again for bigger money.

jgl07
13-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Hibs welcomed back Derek Riordan after his acrimonious transfer to Celtic. We welcomed back Kevin Thomson after an even more bitter transfer to Rangers. Mickey Weir came back a hero after his failed attempt to make it down south. We would all applaud if Scott Brown returned to finish his career with Hibs.

Scott Allen has been badly advised. He left Dundee United too soon to join West Brom. He left Hibs too soon to join Celtic. Hibs would be daft to reject a player of his ability who is a known performer at our level.

GreenLake
13-03-2017, 08:53 PM
He was the benchmark of a Hibs team that failed and he has been marking benches ever since.

snooky
13-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Hibs welcomed back Derek Riordan after his acrimonious transfer to Celtic. We welcomed back Kevin Thomson after an even more bitter transfer to Rangers. Mickey Weir came back a hero after his failed attempt to make it down south. We would all applaud if Scott Brown returned to finish his career with Hibs.

Scott Allen has been badly advised. He left Dundee United too soon to join West Brom. He left Hibs too soon to join Celtic. Hibs would be daft to reject a player of his ability who is a known performer at our level.

You missed out Ian Murray - just saying. :greengrin

AZhibee
13-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Indeed, bring on the four threads about kit colors.

Hibeewilly
13-03-2017, 09:05 PM

That's far too sensible a post for this thread mate!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2017, 09:18 PM

It's full of alternative facts. We will be calling them opinions next and we can't have that.

Silver Fox
13-03-2017, 09:32 PM
You missed out Ian Murray - just saying. :greengrin

Pat McGinlay

mcfly
13-03-2017, 10:27 PM
We should be thanking Scott Allan.

With his transfer fee we got Dylan, Liam on loan and the Scottish cup.

A fit and motivated Scott Allan would improve our team but does the manager want him??

Personally I couldn't care less what happened in the past.

As long as hibs win I don't care

Beefster
14-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Ffs how many threads we gonna have re allan coming back!

I know but it gives the under-14s a fresh chance to tell us all how much they hate him.

Slavoj Zizek
14-03-2017, 09:33 PM
He was the benchmark of a Hibs team that failed and he has been marking benches ever since.

This is perhaps the most succinct and pertinent analysis of Allan I have ever read. We are all looking forward to a 10 plus page thread this May when he gets his cards from Celtic.

Salt N Sauzee
15-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Indeed, bring on the four threads about kit colors.

Much more enjoyable.

eastcoasthibby
15-03-2017, 07:23 AM
He was outstanding for us in his brief spell at the club.

However they way he tried to leave I feel was much worse, more personal than KT, Murray, Riordan etc. It was disgusting.

Our club and team are now winners. Our recent success is built on togetherness, winning mentality, hard work and of course talent.

The mindset of the club has had to change. Part of that is that we are more a proud, strong club. We are standing up to the Sevcos of this world on and off the pitch.

Hibs of 3-4 years ago may have been interested in trying to resign him, but I think we would have too much pride and realise how feeble we would look taking him back.

100% no for me.

I agree with this we are a different entity now as a club and team, still a bit to go on the field at times but wet getting there.
I think Scott Allan has great ability and I enjoyed watching his skills, but the key part is, he is an individual very self centred and until that changes he will struggle, as most clubs now focus on the team ethos and yes quality players sit in teams but the team/group comes first.
I would never be too proud to have a quality player, it's the attitude that needs to change before I would welcome him back.

sleeping giant
15-03-2017, 07:31 AM

Has this ever worked in the history of dot net ?