PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REP VOTE RESULTS

RSS Bot
11-03-2017, 08:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7371)

Jonnyboy
11-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Congrats to both and commiserations to the others :aok:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Great news, at least we now have one rep who will communicate with all the fans. :top marks

HappyHibeeAG
11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Congratulations to both... Best candidates won IMO. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Golden Bear
11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Didn't vote but congratulations to the successful candidates. It would appear to be a thankless task but each to their own.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Well done to Tracy.

Frank has been superb so no surprise there, congratulations big man:aok:

11-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Goan yersel Franco

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Congratulations to both.

KingFranck
11-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Great news that was my two votes
Congratulations guys

stoneyburn hibs
11-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Congratulations to both.
The voting numbers suggest that not a lot of fans were interested.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Right 2 won imo.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Well done to both on their success

Swedish hibee
11-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Well done Tracy. Really happy she got voted in.

PatHead
11-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Well done to Frank and Tracey

Billy Whizz
11-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Don't think I've met Tracey, but look forward to catching up at some point in the near future

Martin Dundas
11-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Congratulations to Frank and Tracey and commiserations to the rest of us. Thanks to the club and everyone who helped make it an enjoyable experience. GGTTH

BroxburnHibee
11-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Well done to Tracy.

Frank has been superb so no surprise there, congratulations big man:aok:

I wish them well but your idea of 'superb' is a lot different to mine.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 08:48 PM
I wish them well but your idea of 'superb' is a lot different to mine.

That's fine, you have no idea what he does then....

Since1875Hibs
11-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Well done both.

Also importantly, thanks to Amit for his efforts.

scooby
11-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Congratulations Tracey and Frank, well done everyone else who put themselves forward. Surprised by the small number of votes cast, given our ST level though.

C Feeney-Seale
11-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Congratulations to Frank and Tracey on their election as fans reps to the Hibs Board. Two excellent candidates who will do, or continue to do a great job. Well done to all the other candidates as well who made this a good contest, conducted the Hibs way.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and for everyone who took the time to vote and engage with the process. I've enjoyed answering questions and meeting so many of you throughout the last couple of months.

All the best to Frank and Tracey,

Cheers,

Charlene

lucky
11-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Not surprised by the vote. Hopefully Tracey will continue to communicate as well as she has done. I'm also delighted Frank retained his place as he is Hibs through and through. Good to see the fans reps are also gender balanced. Good luck to them both commiserations to the others.

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Maybe he could start telling us?

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Frank and Tracey were my two votes. Tracey will hopefully communicate as well as she has done throughout the process and as for Frank.....Mr Hibs, tireless in his devotion to the club and gives so much of his time to the club,delighted for him.

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Congratulations.

Look forward to reading their weekly match reports.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Sure he will:aok:

Stantons Angel
11-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Congratulations to both Frank and Tracey and i hope they continue the excellent work from last season.

A bit disappointed with the number of supporters who could vote and had strong opinions on here that didnt bother to vote at all?

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Sure he will:aok:

Doesn't need to tell me, never away from the club or things associated with or representing the club. Delighted for him.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Doesn't need to tell me, never away from the club or things associated with or representing the club. Delighted for him.

I know Scouse, but he will be more prominent on social media

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Another string to his bow, good to hear.

Itsnoteasy
11-03-2017, 09:26 PM
I know Scouse, but he will be more prominent on social media

Are you giving him pc etiquette lessons.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Are you giving him pc etiquette lessons.

No, that would be the blind leading the blind.:wink:

ben johnson
11-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Got off his back and shipped up at ER early am and helped smooth over problems with the ticket queue for Tynecastle tickets. Perhaps we have the best of both worlds now. A younger rep with social media skills and an older generation with a hands on approach. I really can't understand why people have to have digs at FD. Does his best and is Hibs through and through. No one is perfect including him. Just gets on and tries his best.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Congratulations to Frank and Tracey on their election as fans reps to the Hibs Board. Two excellent candidates who will do, or continue to do a great job. Well done to all the other candidates as well who made this a good contest, conducted the Hibs way.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and for everyone who took the time to vote and engage with the process. I've enjoyed answering questions and meeting so many of you throughout the last couple of months.

All the best to Frank and Tracey,

Cheers,

Charlene

Very gracious of you, Charlene. Congratulations to the successful candidates and well done to yourself and the others who were brave enough to step forward. I didn't vote, but the passion for the club amongst all the candidates cannot be questioned.

Itsnoteasy
11-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Well done to both.

Itsnoteasy
11-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Very gracious of you, Charlene. Congratulations to the successful candidates and well done to yourself and the others who were brave enough to step forward. I didn't vote, but the passion for the club amongst all the candidates cannot be questioned.

Apart fi the guy that was on his mobile @ the hustings.

ancient hibee
11-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Clearly the vast majority of supporters don't give a toss.

Martin Dundas
11-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Apart fi the guy that was on his mobile @ the hustings.

Thanks for your kind words 😎

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Got off his back and shipped up at ER early am and helped smooth over problems with the ticket queue for Tynecastle tickets. Perhaps we have the best of both worlds now. A younger rep with social media skills and an older generation with a hands on approach. I really can't understand why people have to have digs at FD. Does his best and is Hibs through and through. No one is perfect including him. Just gets on and tries his best.

I've no doubt he does his best. I just don't know what he's done cos he's never told us.

hibbysam
11-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Well done the two elected, hopefully certain followers of candidates can now stop the petty points scoring that went on before. I do, however stand by my earlier thoughts. 1300 people voted from a database of probably around 25/30k? Most people don't give a damn about these roles and see them as being tick box exercises. Frank does a great job, but in this role or not, I'm sure he would still be doing these things.

Beefster
11-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Congratulations to both Frank and Tracey and i hope they continue the excellent work from last season.

A bit disappointed with the number of supporters who could vote and had strong opinions on here that didnt bother to vote at all?

How do you know that a number who had strong opinions on here didn't bother to vote?

Tamhere1875
11-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Well done Tracey and Frank

Tamhere1875
11-03-2017, 10:09 PM
To the people who did not vote not a lot you can say so leave the moaning to the people who took the time to vote

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 10:23 PM

What does he do as a fans rep? I'd be really interested to know. Pitching up at funerals and touring round with the Scottish cup isn't a fans reps job, its an ambassador.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 10:24 PM
What does he do as a fans rep? I'd be really interested to know. Pitching up at funerals and touring round with the Scottish cup isn't a fans reps job, its an ambassador.

Nicely worded:aok:

FranckSuzy
11-03-2017, 10:32 PM

:agree: No need.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 10:51 PM

OK, Maybe not worded the best - "attending funerals". That better? See you've still not answered the question?

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 10:54 PM
OK, Maybe not worded the best - "attending funerals". That better? See you've still not answered the question?

Don't have to answer your question, I am not Frank

pacoluna
11-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Because most hibs fans I'm guessing don't particularly care, I think it means more to the candidates than it actually does to the supporters. There should be no need for a fans rep.

Pete70
11-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Congratulations to Frank & Tracey and commiserations to the others.

I would like to thank Frank for all the help he has given to the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association. He has committed a lot of time and effort in trying to make attendance at matches more accessible for disabled supporters and the other things which are greatly appreciated but not widely publicised.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Don't have to answer your question, I am not Frank

You're the one saying to Danderhall that he has no idea what Frank does. I'm asking you what he does as you seem to be the font of all knowledge on this matter.

I get the "Frank is Mr Hibs" and know that he does a lot of work for Hibs. But is it the work of a fans rep? Not as far as I'm concerned. In my dealings with Frank he certainly did not come across as "approachable", he was fairly grumpy and not in the slightest bit amused at having to attend a fans rep meeting.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:06 PM
You're the one saying to Danderhall that he has no idea what Frank does. I'm asking you what he does as you seem to be the font of all knowledge on this matter.

I get the "Frank is Mr Hibs" and know that he does a lot of work for Hibs. But is it the work of a fans rep? Not as far as I'm concerned. In my dealings with Frank he certainly did not come across as "approachable", he was fairly grumpy and not in the slightest bit amused at having to attend a fans rep meeting.

Haha, on that note I refuse to discuss the matter with you, I will take the grumpy and unapproachable route

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2017, 11:12 PM
To the people who did not vote not a lot you can say so leave the moaning to the people who took the time to vote
Not voting can be an expression of opinion in itself.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
11-03-2017, 11:13 PM

He was the only Director who went to the Shrewsbury and Turriff pre-season games.

He attempted to gather evidence re the appalling treatment dished out at Ibrox to Hibs fans...until the disgusting abuse he received from neaderthal bigots forced him to suspend his Twitter a/c.

He has taken the Scottish Cup - outwith normal working hours - to terminally ill fans homes and hospices, providing them with immeasurable joy and their family some light in an otherwise hellish situation.

He has taken on board fans concerns and attempted to report back to them on the outcome. I personally had an issue with the pricing at the West Lower catering stand for months and mentioned it to him at the Dunfermline home game and by last week, it was sorted....

He organised for my brother to get his pic taken with the Scottish Cup - on a Friday night - when he already had a prior engagement, as he appreciated the fact that he had come all the way over from Australia.

He provided transport to some fans when their bus broke down on the way to Turriff.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but all-in-all, Director or Ambassador, he bleeds green and white and at least put his head above the parapet to serve the Club he so clearly loves....despite having had his differences with the current Board in the past :aok:

Hiber-nation
11-03-2017, 11:22 PM
What does he do as a fans rep? I'd be really interested to know. Pitching up at funerals.

Have a word with yerself. Pathetic.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Haha, on that note I refuse to discuss the matter with you, I will take the grumpy and unapproachable route

Yip, didn't expect anything else from you.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Have a word with yerself. Pathetic.

See my post afterwards.

HTH

Baldy Foghorn
Yip, didn't expect anything else from you.

No idea who you are, but crack on:aok:

pacoluna

I'm guessing the guys moaning are part of the group that did vote because those who didn't don't give a toss.

Hiber-nation
11-03-2017, 11:24 PM
See my post afterwards.

HTH

Doesn't quite make up for it.

Bishop Hibee
11-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Well done to Frank and Tracey. I don't know Tracey but Frank has done great work especially with the Persevered tour of the Scottish Cup. Always available in person or via Twitter.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:29 PM
He was the only Director who went to the Shrewsbury and Turriff pre-season games.
Fair enough
He attempted to gather evidence re the appalling treatment dished out at Ibrox to Hibs fans...until the disgusting abuse he received from neaderthal bigots forced him to suspend his Twitter a/c.
and then never reported back on it to the fans he supposedly represents, until him (and Amit i might add) were pressed repeatedly about it at a fans rep meeting.

He has taken the Scottish Cup - outwith normal working hours - to terminally ill fans homes and hospices, providing them with immeasurable joy and their family some light in an otherwise hellish situation.
not a fans rep job IMO
He has taken on board fans concerns and attempted to report back to them on the outcome. I personally had an issue with the pricing at the West Lower catering stand for months and mentioned it to him at the Dunfermline home game and by last week, it was sorted....
glad you got your personal issue sorted out. Know few other folk who haven't but there you go.
He organised for my brother to get his pic taken with the Scottish Cup - on a Friday night - when he already had a prior engagement, as he appreciated the fact that he had come all the way over from Australia.again, not a fans reps job

He provided transport to some fans when their bus broke down on the way to Turriff.weird, coz i heard a totally different story to that one

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but all-in-all, Director or Ambassador, he bleeds green and white and at least put his head above the parapet to serve the Club he so clearly loves....despite having had his differences with the current Board in the past :aok:

Guess its all about what your opinion of a fans rep is.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Ach well, one of the two I voted for got in .... congratulations to both successful candidates and commiserations to the rest, particularly Amit.

In all honesty all of the candidates seemed to have something to offer and I hope Hibs keep them close :aok:

Lancs Harp
11-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Ach well, one of the two I voted for got in .... congratulations to both successful candidates and commiserations to the rest, particularly Amit.

In all honesty all of the candidates seemed to have something to offer and I hope Hibs keep them close :aok:

I got one out of two as well. Good luck to the pair of them.

FranckSuzy
11-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Guess its all about what your opinion of a fans rep is.

Since Frank and Amit were the first fans reps on the Board, their tenure was never going to be perfect but since you seem to be able to point out what isn't their role, why not enlighten us as to what you think it involves then?

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Since Frank and Amit were the first fans reps on the Board, their tenure was never going to be perfect but since you seem to be able to point out what isn't their role, why not enlighten us as to what you think it involves then?

Wasting your time....

The guy/girl obviously has a dislike of Frank, has heard stories, although wasn't there to see for his/her own eyes.

Another keyboard hero

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:37 PM
No idea who you are, but crack on:aok:

If you want to ask me questions, feel free to ask me them.on here and not by private message. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
voted for FD and Tracey, well done, it was only the distance for charlene that changed my mind last minute, but well done all

Baldy Foghorn
If you want to ask me questions, feel free to ask me them.on here and not by private message. :aok:

Ok, same message I sent to you privately. Care to tell me who you are? Like knowing who is having a pop in person, as opposed to a username

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Wasting your time....

The guy/girl obviously has a dislike of Frank, has heard stories, although wasn't there to see for his/her own eyes.

Another keyboard hero
Hmm, yet i was at fans rep meeting where i witnessed his attitude before the meeting and also his reluctance to answer fairly straightforward questions. I was also on the bus to Turriff which broke down so its hardly 2nd hand information. So you crack on there making stuff up about what i do and don't know.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Hmm, yet i was at fans rep meeting where i witnessed his attitude before the meeting and also his reluctance to answer fairly straightforward questions. I was also on the bus to Turriff which broke down so its hardly 2nd hand information. So you crack on there making stuff up about what i do and don't know.

Mmmm Owen? So you saw and never heard then? You didn't see him taking two elderley ladies to Turriff?

Andy74
11-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Not voting can be an expression of opinion in itself.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Yep. And pretty much the only thing you could do if you thought the whole process should be ditched.

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Ok, same message I sent to you privately. Care to tell me who you are? Like knowing who is having a pop in person, as opposed to a username

I don't know who you are, you don't know need to know who i am.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:45 PM
I don't know who you are, you don't know need to know who i am.

You must know me if you were on bus to Turriff which broke down:greengrin (The bus never actually broke down, but you will know this)

ColinNish
11-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Mmmm Owen? So you saw and never heard then? You didn't see him taking two elderley ladies to Turriff?

😂😂😂 Owen Wright? Sorry, you are barking up the wrong tree there.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:47 PM
😂😂😂 Owen Wright? Sorry, you are barking up the wrong tree there.

Cool.....

Golden Bear
11-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Yep. And pretty much the only thing you could do if you thought the whole process should be ditched.

Correct. The Hibernian family is a very broad family which represents a plethora of views and opinions. It's simply not possible for a "fans representative " to reflect the diversity of the support as a whole.

stoneyburn hibs
11-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Correct. The Hibernian family is a very broad family which represents a plethora of views and opinions. It's simply not possible for a "fans representative " to reflect the diversity of the support as a whole.

That's nicest way possible to say that the whole exercise was pi$h.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:55 PM
That's nicest way possible to say that the whole exercise was pi$h.

:greengrin

Andy74
12-03-2017, 12:02 AM
If I can be bothered nearer the AGM I might look into getting some shareholder interest in proposing to the shareholders that we ditch this arrangement.

As it stands it looks like a very low turnout and it can't really be said that these Directors have the support of shareholders. How many of those voting were actually shareholders of the company?

One for nearer the time..

stoneyburn hibs
12-03-2017, 12:09 AM
If I can be bothered nearer the AGM I might look into getting some shareholder interest in proposing to the shareholders that we ditch this arrangement.

As it stands it looks like a very low turnout and it can't really be said that these Directors have the support of shareholders. How many of those voting were actually shareholders of the company?

One for nearer the time..

There really is no need for mischief making by you on this subject. I'm sure that someone at the club will see the numbers involved in the voting and act on it by either scrapping the roles or making up a new role.

Forza Fred
12-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Congratulations to Frank and Tracey, and a hearty well done to Amit for his services over the last two years.

As I have said before, Hopefully those that follow Frank (eventually) and Amit will benefit from their 'path finding" first two years.

To all who maybe went close (Charlene?) and all those who stood thanks too, and hopefully the board can channel your willingness and enthusiasm in some direction to the benefit of our club by asking you to carry out some activities suited to your particular skills.

Looks likecBig Frank has attracted his own 'boo boys'!

Don't think he'll worry too much about that...those that know him, like I have for years, have been booing him for years and it hasn't worked yet!

Andy74
12-03-2017, 12:13 AM
There really is no need for mischief making by you on this subject. I'm sure that someone at the club will see the numbers involved in the voting and act on it by either scrapping the roles or making up a new role.

There is. As a shareholder I have every right to have an interest in the make up of my board and I have a right to consider asking the board to include a resolution at the AGM if there is the correct level of support for that at the time.

It's then up to the shareholder base as a whole whether they would agree or not.

DavieRoy
12-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Well done to both. The best two candidates who will compliment each other well.

With all the talk about reforming the FA board, good to see we have a representative board in terms of fans reps and gender. Three woman on the board. It is a meritocracy though and they deserve to be there.

I don't know if we get carried away about communication. These guys can't tell us who we are looking to sign. I was happy with Frank and Amit.

Frank is very visible. I know he was taking the cup to hospitals and hospices and letting those fans less fortunate than us share in the glory. Maybe that wasn't publisised. That is part of a fans rep for me, not just posting on social media.

Tracy will be fresh and has experience of working together groups and will provide a strong voice.

Some things need looked at, the loyalty points and away season tickets issue hasn't gone away. Pyrotechnics in the ground are not on and the board as a whole need to target this. The fan reps need to play a big part in communicating messages like that.

Johnny Clash
12-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Well done Frank and Tracey. Hopefully your efforts over the next two years will underline the importance of the fans having a voice on the board.

I understand people saying there's no point in these positions as there's been little communicated back to us over the last two years. That has to change.

I think it would help if it was made clear to everyone that instead of posting comments, complaints and positive ideas on hibs.net or hibees bounce there is a route direct to the decision makers through Frank and Tracey.

So whether it's ticketing issues, loyalty scheme, treatment at Ibrox, catering prices, sound system in the East, lift in the FF, closure of BTG or whatever the issue - let's have an agreed system of contacting our elected reps and also a system to publicise feedback?

It's of course optional - those who prefer to just blow off on social media don't have to contact the reps if they prefer not to.

SON OF PADDY
12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Well done guy's for once I voted for the right people.
I admire your commitment to the cause.
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Well done Frank and Tracey. Hopefully your efforts over the next two years will underline the importance of the fans having a voice on the board.

I understand people saying there's no point in these positions as there's been little communicated back to us over the last two years. That has to change.

I think it would help if it was made clear to everyone that instead of posting comments, complaints and positive ideas on hibs.net or hibees bounce there is a route direct to the decision makers through Frank and Tracey.

So whether it's ticketing issues, loyalty scheme, treatment at Ibrox, catering prices, sound system in the East, lift in the FF, closure of BTG or whatever the issue - let's have an agreed system of contacting our elected reps and also a system to publicise feedback?

It's of course optional - those who prefer to just blow off on social media don't have to contact the reps if they prefer not to.

Good suggestion

marinello59
12-03-2017, 07:31 AM

All the tools they need are there already if they care to use them. They should be contactable by club email and both candidates have said they will make themselves available on match day etc. I would assume that both reps will also be paying close attention to the forums, if you ignore the more extreme views they do provide a fair guide to what the fans are thinking. If you try and restrict access to one narrow "Official" point of contact then only a few voices would ever be heard.
If they can't manage to publicise feedback via the club website and the various existing social media outlets then the wrong people have been elected.

ekhibee
12-03-2017, 10:16 AM
voted for FD and Tracey, well done, it was only the distance for charlene that changed my mind last minute, but well done all
Yep, thought Charlene put her case forward very well, but the distance was an issue for me as well unfortunately.

WhileTheChief..
12-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Hope they both get fed up and resign quickly so we can scrap the whole idea.

3pm
12-03-2017, 10:34 AM
There is. As a shareholder I have every right to have an interest in the make up of my board and I have a right to consider asking the board to include a resolution at the AGM if there is the correct level of support for that at the time.

It's then up to the shareholder base as a whole whether they would agree or not.

You absolutely have the right but you don't do yourself any favours by saying 'if I can be bothered'.

Johnny Clash
12-03-2017, 10:40 AM
All the tools they need are there already if they care to use them. They should be contactable by club email and both candidates have said they will make themselves available on match day etc. I would assume that both reps will also be paying close attention to the forums, if you ignore the more extreme views they do provide a fair guide to what the fans are thinking. If you try and restrict access to one narrow "Official" point of contact then only a few voices would ever be heard.
If they can't manage to publicise feedback via the club website and the various existing social media outlets then the wrong people have been elected.

Yes you're right and it would work for individual issues but only the individual concerned would know about this.I was thinking we need something more collective? So maybe utilise forums like hibs.net to publicise a list of issues to be raised then report back to us on progress. That way everyone interested can see what's happening in our name.

Maybe even create a seperate area for our reps on forums so those not interested in what our reps are raising dont feel obliged to read about the issues.

Start of with things that have a clear consensus ... then there needs to be a way to work out what happens to the issues where there's more of a divided opinion. Pre match surgeries have been tried in the past - nothing's gonna be perfect but these would be worth holding maybe every couple of months?

Tamhere1875
12-03-2017, 10:57 AM

It's then up to the shareholder base as a whole whether they would agree or not.Shareholders have a say yes,but if the guy with the most shares wants fans reps/ directors on the board there is not a lot can be done about this.

Tamhere1875
12-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Can I just say there was a fans meeting with Frank and Amit in the BTG 12 people turned up. So to all the people mouthing off on here saying they should have more meetings with the fans where were you when they did, probably sitting at your pc trying to stir up more unwelcome crap

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Can I just say there was a fans meeting with Frank and Amit in the BTG 12 people turned up. So to all the people mouthing off on here saying they should have more meetings with the fans where were you when they did, probably sitting at your pc trying to stir up more unwelcome crap

:agree:

ColinNish
12-03-2017, 11:27 AM

Correct. And i was one of the 12. I think one of the main gripes on the forums about that particular meeting was the time of it, 12.30pm.

SRHibs
12-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Bit of a shame that the other girl wasn't elected as she talked a good game, but hopefully the two in place will do a great job!

andyf5
12-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Correct. And i was one of the 12. I think one of the main gripes on the forums about that particular meeting was the time of it, 12.30pm.

11000 season ticket holders and to represent them and others there has to be an additional channels of communication using modern technology.

ColinNish
12-03-2017, 12:22 PM
11000 season ticket holders and to represent them and others there has to be an additional channels of communication using modern technology.

Not sure what your point is?

Eyrie
12-03-2017, 01:43 PM
I voted for both Frank and Tracey because I felt their differing approaches would compliment each other, so congratulations to them and thanks to the other who stood.

I'm hoping we get regular feedback (3-4 times a year minimum) on here about which issues have been raised at board meetings. This wouldn't break Board confidentiality but simply provide confirmation that the supporters representatives are acting for us. It would be up to the club to reveal the outcome of such discussions.

Beefster
12-03-2017, 04:25 PM

If they organised a meeting that no-one knew about, I'm not sure what more could be done by them. There's no accounting for ungrateful constituents not turning up for a meeting that they knew nothing about and, if they did, probably had no idea what it was about.

andyf5
12-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Not sure what your point is?

To hold a meeting at lunchtime to engage with supporters is not effective which is kind of proven by the 12 who turned up. 10,988 season ticket holders didn't turn up. The fan reps need to engage better through online methods to engage with a broader cross section.

Johnny Clash
12-03-2017, 05:55 PM

I personally think is good if supporters try help out our reps with positive ideas instead of dissing these positions that were created in the first place by the Hibs board to simply give the fans a voice. I see nothing in this worthy of getting all upset about.

Re the question you asked Tam - if it's the one-off meeting held last September before the Ayr game you're talking about then I was 10 minutes north of Darlington on the London to Edinburgh train bud. Takes a while to get up fi Brixton and the meeting actually started at 11.30 as you will know doubt remember assuming you were there yourself.

Anyway - I fully support the two reps who seem like forming a decent team: Big Frank is a bit like Holt - would walk through a brick wall for the hibees whereas Tracey is more like SJM. So I'm relatively confident many of the issues raised on hibs.net and elsewhere will get a good airing in future and then the progress reported back to the supporters.

Carheenlea
12-03-2017, 06:24 PM
The first term was always going to have a bit of bedding in, and with Frank being re-elected he will have the benefit of starting a second term with clearer understanding of what the role involves and what the supporters are looking for from our reps. As far as I'm concerned he has served the position well, and more than deserves his re-election. Charlene had a good campaign, and never looked like losing her temper when reacting to criticism to some aspects of her campaign, which suggests she would have had a good temperament for engaging with the support. Tracy was another strong candidate, and like others, I feel her and Frank will work well together and reach out to a broader mix of the Hibs support.

Still Smiling
12-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Does FD ever post on Hibs net?

Golden Bear
12-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Interesting that Frank is the licensee for BTG. He never told us that when a few of us were "debating" over why supporters were not allowed entry when it was evident that there was plenty of room inside. He maintained that he never knew who made the decision to change the policy.!

Mr White
12-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Does FD ever post on Hibs net?

Yes he does

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?319770-Message-from-Frank-Dougan&p=4976579#post4976579

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
12-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Wasting your time....

Another keyboard hero

As Frank's election agent, you are clearly biased.

People all have their views, and on an internet messageboard it is hard to be anything but a keyboard ..... surely.

NYHibby
12-03-2017, 07:57 PM
In terms of the low participation in voting, I'm not particularly surprised. While the actually voting process itself was very easy, finding out about the candidates did require a fair amount of effort and time. Doing the research to vote in this required more of a commitment than voting in a general election for example. How many people are going to make the effort to actively seek out the videos and the statements?

My guess is that the majority of our fan base had never previously heard of any of these people. Other than knowing Frank and Amit's names as the incumbents, I knew nothing about the candidates. None of them had any particular kind of notoriety to suggest they would be widely know.

Short of having the candidates give stump speeches during halftime of games (which probably bias the process towards candidates with certain skills), I'm not sure what the club could do to help to reduce the knowledge barrier to voting.

Cod Boy
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Each to there own well done who got voted in. I go to games support my team and go home don't need anybody to represente myself others may disagree.

Eyrie
12-03-2017, 08:03 PM
In terms of the low participation in voting, I'm not particularly surprised. While the actually voting process itself was very easy, finding out about the candidates did require a fair amount of effort and time. Doing the research to vote in this required more of a commitment than voting in a general election for example. How many people are going to make the effort to actively seek out the videos and the statements?

My guess is that the majority of our fan base had never previously heard of any of these people. Other than knowing Frank and Amit's names as the incumbents, I knew nothing about the candidates. None of them had any particular kind of notoriety to suggest they would be widely know.

Short of having the candidates give stump speeches during halftime of games (which probably bias the process towards candidates with certain skills), I'm not sure what the club could do to help to reduce the knowledge barrier to voting.

Four of the candidates posted on .net prior to the election, which raised their profiles and gave us a chance to hear their thoughts.

NYHibby
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Four of the candidates posted on .net prior to the election, which raised their profiles and gave us a chance to hear their thoughts.

What percentage of our fans semi-regularly visit this site? While candidates posting here is helpful and probably did increase the number of voters to a certain degree, the people who visit this site are probably more likely to vote in the first place than our fan base in general. People who post here (or at least the people who would read that particular thread) are also probably more interested in the governance of the club than the average fan as well and are therefore more likely to make the effort to research the candidates.

EDIT: In case my point isn't clear from my two posts, it is that it is hard to make a step change in the number of people voting. As you move away from the smallish group who has an active interest in club governance toward the "average fan", you need to make a step change in how you communicate. In my view it is hard to see what else could be done cost effectively in order to go from 1300 voters to say half of the number of season ticket holders.

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
As Frank's election agent, you are clearly biased.

People all have their views, and on an internet messageboard it is hard to be anything but a keyboard ..... surely.

Wish I'd known this, I could have invoiced him.

Scouse Hibee
12-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Interesting that Frank is the licensee for BTG. He never told us that when a few of us were "debating" over why supporters were not allowed entry when it was evident that there was plenty of room inside. He maintained that he never knew who made the decision to change the policy.!

I read that, not sure if he is saying he is the premises manager for BTG or just that he's a personal licence holder. I guess someone else will be the premises manager for the whole stadium meaning that Frank is just a personal licence holder.

Martin Dundas
12-03-2017, 08:39 PM
What percentage of our fans semi-regularly visit this site? While candidates posting here is helpful and probably did increase the number of voters to a certain degree, the people who visit this site are probably more likely to vote in the first place than our fan base in general. People who post here (or at least the people who would read that particular thread) are also probably more interested in the governance of the club than the average fan as well and are therefore more likely to make the effort to research the candidates.

EDIT: In case my point isn't clear from my two posts, it is that it is hard to make a step change in the number of people voting. As you move away from the smallish group who has an active interest in club governance toward the "average fan", you need to make a step change in how you communicate. In my view it is hard to see what else could be done cost effectively in order to go from 1300 voters to say half of the number of season ticket holders.

Things can nearly always be done differently and perhaps better with the benefit of hindsight. All that really matters right now is that Frank and Tracey get the support they need to make a difference. In my view, the fans rep position, whatever the in and outs or limitations, is a really good thing and certainly does no harm. Away from all this election stuff, I'm really looking forward to the next few months where hopefully we will win the league and the cup! Did I just say that!!

Still Smiling
12-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Think candidates should only be allowed to stand once or twice. I am in the east stand and follow Hibs net. Seen a few replies from Amitt and that's it. Is there a regular/monthly feedback report from the supportera reps? How do u raise issues with the reps?

Forza Fred
13-03-2017, 05:02 AM
Bit of a shame that the other girl wasn't elected as she talked a good game, but hopefully the two in place will do a great job!

Yes I was impressed by Charlene too.

Only two can be selected unfortunately, but I hope Hibs use her skills in some way, and I have no doubt her time will come.