PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | PYROTECHNICS

RSS Bot
11-03-2017, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7375)

emerald green
11-03-2017, 05:12 PM
When are some people going to learn? How many warnings do they need?

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 05:15 PM

The idiots who are setting them off probably can't read. It's going to take our own support to point them out I reckon, the message will soon get through if this happens.

Moulin Yarns
11-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Someone will be along soon claiming that they add to the atmosphere. So do my farts!

Scouse Hibee

Some folk will never learn, they wear the badge of "I ignore authority,rules and the law" with pride.

cabbageandribs1875
but but but they add to the atmosphere and aw that, and when that smokes goes down yer lungs it's a wonderful feeling

theonlywayisup
11-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Maybe now is the time for us to "Lee Wallace" the idiots and identify them to the Stewards.

I know there will be many who state "I'm not grassing up a fellow Hibs fan". However, had yesterday's flare hit the Dundee United goalie or a steward I could envisage a scenario when it could be loss of three points or a stadium ban. What would we say then?

It's time for the majority to weed out the minority of idiots who tarnish the great name of Hibernian supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Two statements in a week, time for those involved, to listen and stop doing it

Scott Allan Key
11-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Some folk will never learn, they wear the badge of "I ignore authority,rules and the law" with pride.

Indeed, the 'we do what we want', song exemplifies the f*****s in our support. Callow yout . Hopefully, most will learn eventually, that that isn't true.

O'Rourke3
11-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Two statements in a week, time for those involved, to listen and stop doing it
They'd need to be able to read first.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

oconnors_strip
11-03-2017, 06:52 PM
I think Leeann should tell us how much in total we get fined for each incident. We aren't a club that can waste this sort of money week in week out :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
11-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Hope Dempster isn't watching the Genoa derby. She'll be raging.

jacomo
11-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Here's a thought - maybe the club allows smoke canisters / flares under controlled conditions?

Then those who like them get them, and those who don't can more easily avoid them.

Malthibby
11-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Hopefully the tubes who throw these things will club together to pay the fines coming our way:rolleyes:
Fifth columnists or erses, either way they are not acting in the best interests of Hibs. The
quicker we get shot of them the better.

Moulin Yarns
11-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Here's a thought - maybe the club allows smoke canisters / flares under controlled conditions?

Then those who like them get them, and those who don't can more easily avoid them.

No

scooby
11-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Someone will be along soon claiming that they add to the atmosphere. So do my farts!

You must have been standing infront of me on Friday night😉

Moulin Yarns
11-03-2017, 08:55 PM
You must have been standing infront of me on Friday night😉

In the Golf Tavern struggling to see the 1 telly showing the football against all the rugger fans.

ancient hibee
11-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Hope Dempster isn't watching the Genoa derby. She'll be raging.
No she won't as she doesn't care.But she cares about this club and that's what matters.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2017, 11:02 PM
The club couldn't be any clearer on this ..... its going to end up damaging us if it isn't already and its time to stop doing it.

I actually love the flares and smoke bombs, they make for some absolutely incredible scenes when you watch foreign matches, especially from South America ..... but in this country they are illegal and that's the end of it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Don't want to be a killjoy but this object landed in front of where I was sitting and had me choking big style.

HappyAsHellas
11-03-2017, 11:32 PM

If it's your farts that have that deep resonance and timbre then I beseech you sir, keep them coming!

StevieT
11-03-2017, 11:35 PM

Here's a thought - maybe people could just do as they are asked for a change and stick by the rules that apply to us all?

Glory Lurker
11-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Putting to one side the law, possible health effects and impact on view of the game, our club doesn't want it to happen. It has made the point more than once. If you set off a smoke bomb at a Hibs game, you aren't a Hibbie. You're a self-centred rocket.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Putting to one side the law, possible health effects and impact on view of the game, our club doesn't want it to happen. It has made the point more than once. If you set off a smoke bomb at a Hibs game, you aren't a Hibbie. You're a self-centred rocket.

No more pyros:wink:

pacoluna
11-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Wonder when the club are going to release a statement condemning those who have a sneaky fag in the toilets at ht, more dangerous and more of a health hazard than a one of smoke bomb.

stoneyburn hibs
12-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Wonder when the club are going to release a statement condemning those who have a sneaky fag in the toilets at ht, more dangerous and more of a health hazard than a one of smoke bomb.

Take it you've not been to Easter Road for a while?

snooky
12-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Why don't the decent fans point the culprits out and have them arrested and banned sine die.
Sorted.

poolman
12-03-2017, 12:31 AM
This is just nuts

FFS why do these people have to take these things to a game ?

It baffles me especially when they know, or should know that the club, quite rightly, frowns upon this

Forza Fred
12-03-2017, 01:04 AM

Can those that like them no just set them off in their back green before coming to the games.....that way they get their jollies and don't endanger those that don't want to be near them?

connerg
12-03-2017, 03:30 AM
Why don't the decent fans point the culprits out and have them arrested and banned sine die.

Sorted.

Are you for real?

connerg
12-03-2017, 03:50 AM
Can those that like them no just set them off in their back green before coming to the games.....that way they get their jollies and don't endanger those that don't want to be near them?

Why don't we have a bbq before the game, hold hands during it, and all sit in a circle afterwards singing songs............... and yes, i have been to Oz.

we are hibs
12-03-2017, 06:50 AM

Regardless of fans being allowed to go out of the stands for a smoke now, for some bizarre reason people seem to still smoke in the toilets. Noticed it at the Derby a few weeks back

Forza Fred
12-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Why don't we have a bbq before the game, hold hands during it, and all sit in a circle afterwards singing songs............... and yes, i have been to Oz.

You must go to some strange BBQs:confused:

Fuzzywuzzy
12-03-2017, 06:54 AM
I don't get what folk aren't seeing. This club has twice now asked for this **** to stop. We'll get fined at some point but folk are still trying to justify the usage by saying 'aye, but they look barry eh?'.

If the SFA/leagues change their stance on the use of smoke bombs fair ****s. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em. Until then, respect the club that you support.

hibbysam
12-03-2017, 07:01 AM
I agree they should stop, but I'm curious as to how the club can be fined etc for it when there is still no strict liability??

green day
12-03-2017, 07:23 AM
I agree they should stop, but I'm curious as to how the club can be fined etc for it when there is still no strict liability??

Agreed.

I asked upthread how many times Celtic had been fined for their domestic smoke bombs over last 3 years.

Unless i am mistaken it's zero.

Hibs are banning fans caught now, so (although some thought it was a laugh) perhaps enough is enough.

Pete
12-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Regardless of fans being allowed to go out of the stands for a smoke now, for some bizarre reason people seem to still smoke in the toilets. Noticed it at the Derby a few weeks back

I don't know about that but the East end of the FF lower concourse near the betting kiosk is absolutely stinking of smoke. People are "outside" but their smoke certainly isn't.

Maybe going off on a tangent but I'm surprised that the people who are looking out for those with respiratory problems haven't picked up on this. Passive smoking, especially in the family stand, is a consistent issue with a route cause that is endorsed by the club.

theonlywayisup
12-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Are you for real?

I think there are many Hibs fans coming to this point of view. Hibs fans or not, these idiots are damaging our club.

green&left
12-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Sorted.

Lee Wallace is that you?

Keith_M
12-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Sad to say but I think it's up to fellow Fans to shop these idiots.

The club will suffer because of their selfish actions, so in no way are they Hibs 'Supporters'.

Keith_M
12-03-2017, 07:57 AM
Lee Wallace is that you?

Stupid response.

green&left
12-03-2017, 08:33 AM
This week

FC Basel - no ****s given

https://youtu.be/umSGBSYfEzQ

FC Copenhagen - no ****s given

https://youtu.be/FepaUfUOWWY

Samp v Genoa - No ****s given

https://youtu.be/VCk9fgJOKPk

Utd v Hibs - meltdown, mass bed wetting and grassing :cb

http://imgur.com/a/fL8cL

WhileTheChief..
12-03-2017, 08:38 AM
In the entire history of Scottish football, has a club ever been deducted points for anything other than for entering administration?

RamYer1902
12-03-2017, 08:47 AM
They add smoke to the atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumbo
12-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Agreed.

I asked upthread how many times Celtic had been fined for their domestic smoke bombs over last 3 years.

Unless i am mistaken it's zero.

Hibs are banning fans caught now, so (although some thought it was a laugh) perhaps enough is enough.

Celtic seem to get fined after every Champions League game for pyrotechnics and warn fans about it, just seems to go in one ear and out the other with some folk !

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 09:14 AM
So we are now talking about "shopping" other fans now.

FFS guys.

Doesn't take long on a subject before some old farts want folk banned for life.

Sucked any lemons much ?

hibbysam
12-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Celtic seem to get fined after every Champions League game for pyrotechnics and warn fans about it, just seems to go in one ear and out the other with some folk !

UEFA operate strict liability, SFA do not.

WhileTheChief..
12-03-2017, 09:23 AM
It's issues like this that folk should bear in mind the next time they call for strict liability when they hear songs that they are offended by.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-03-2017, 09:24 AM

FFS guys.

Sucked any lemons much ?

Asking for folk to get banned is a bit extreme but what you're saying is '**** the club and their reasoning'.

If the rules are changed I'm all for it. But they haven't and the club don't want it. What is it that people aren't understanding?

greenlex
12-03-2017, 09:25 AM

FFS guys.

Sucked any lemons much ?
I don't think anyone wants anyone banned fir life really. They just want the selfish ********s to respect the club and fellow fans.

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Asking for folk to get banned is a bit extreme but what you're saying is '**** the club and their reasoning'.

If the rules are changed I'm all for it. But they haven't and the club don't want it. What is it that people aren't understanding?

How am I saying **** the club ?
The club want it too stop and that is fair enough but let's stop all the "ban them for life crap" .

Big_Franck
12-03-2017, 09:34 AM
This week

FC Basel - no ****s given

https://youtu.be/umSGBSYfEzQ

FC Copenhagen - no ****s given

https://youtu.be/FepaUfUOWWY

Samp v Genoa - No ****s given

https://youtu.be/VCk9fgJOKPk

Utd v Hibs - meltdown, mass bed wetting and grassing :cb

http://imgur.com/a/fL8cL

Hope the fans got out of those stadiums alive. Smoke bombs are dangerous.

PatHead
12-03-2017, 09:35 AM
I was right next to where the smoke bomb was thrown from on Friday. I think I knew who threw it but was not 100 percent sure. If I had been I would have had no hesitation in identifying them to the police. The thing is it looked like a youngish guy with dad/uncles who looked awful pleased with themselves. If it wasn't them they knew who did it. Whoever it was thanks for blocking my view for a few minutes.

Keith_M
12-03-2017, 09:36 AM
The Club has a very clear view on this and has stated it, quite strongly, twice in one week.

You have to assume, then, that anybody that doesn't get the message is a bit thick.

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 09:38 AM
The Club has a very clear view on this and has stated it, quite strongly, twice in one week.

You have to assume, then, that anybody that doesn't get the message is a bit thick.
Or doesn't read the websites

Fuzzywuzzy
12-03-2017, 09:39 AM
How am I saying **** the club ?
The club want it too stop and that is fair enough but let's stop all the "ban them for life crap" .

Apologies, I was a bit harsh. I've just been caught speeding again and feel like greetin'🤢

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Apologies, I was a bit harsh. I've just been caught speeding again and feel like greetin'🤢

Some might say speeding drivers should be banned for life .
It's also illegal so why be so selfish ?
I won't even mention the damage you could if you crashed at that speed.
What about all the noxious fumes your car spews out while speeding ? That can cause breathing difficulties too.

That is of course tongue in cheek

Fuzzywuzzy
12-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Some might say speeding drivers should be banned for life .
It's also illegal so why be so selfish ?
I won't even mention the damage you could if you crashed at that speed.
What about all the noxious fumes your car spews out while speeding ? That can cause breathing difficulties too.

That is of course tongue in cheek

Touché☺️

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 10:26 AM

I'm not a smoker myself but the club allow the fans outside at HT for a smoke, at least in the east they do. As for a fly smoke in the toilet, you seriously think that compares to a smoke bomb ?

The Green Goblin
12-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Only a matter of time before the club back up the warning by banning fans for a game or two. It's the reality of the position they are in. Every fine we get is money we don't have any more to spend on the team or running costs and a waste of club personnel's time dealing with it etc. Not sure why any Hibs "fan" would knowingly do something which hurts the club, just because they think their own thrill-seeking needs are more important.

WhileTheChief..
12-03-2017, 12:13 PM
It's not fair on the babies that were breastfeeding at the time.

Eyrie
12-03-2017, 01:05 PM
It's not fair on the babies that were breastfeeding at the time.

A ban isn't fair on the babies who like setting smoke bombs off.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Only a matter of time before the club back up the warning by banning fans for a game or two. It's the reality of the position they are in. Every fine we get is money we don't have any more to spend on the team or running costs and a waste of club personnel's time dealing with it etc. Not sure why any Hibs "fan" would knowingly do something which hurts the club, just because they think their own thrill-seeking needs are more important.
Have we been fined?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

snooky
12-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Have we been fined?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Glasgow Evening Times reporting loads of flares being set of in East End before OF game. Loads of police and surprisingly no arrests :rolleyes:

silverhibee
12-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Glasgow Evening Times reporting loads of flares being set of in East End before OF game. Loads of police and surprisingly no arrests :rolleyes:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15150744.Old_Firm__Footage_shows_chaotic_scenes_in _East_End_ahead_of_match/

Blaster
12-03-2017, 02:01 PM

The point is that's outside the stadium

Hibs are stating they are illegal inside stadiums which is where we are using them

Pete
12-03-2017, 02:02 PM
They're only illegal inside a football ground so I'm not sure they're breaking any law.

It's not exactly Luton v Milwall.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2017, 02:22 PM
I don't know about that but the East end of the FF lower concourse near the betting kiosk is absolutely stinking of smoke. People are "outside" but their smoke certainly isn't.

Maybe going off on a tangent but I'm surprised that the people who are looking out for those with respiratory problems haven't picked up on this. Passive smoking, especially in the family stand, is a consistent issue with a route cause that is endorsed by the club.

Oh FFS ...... we spent years with folk moaning about fags being smoked in the bogs at half time, now that the club has sensibly reached a compromise we still have winey bitches greetin' because they can smell a wee bit of smoke coming from outside the stands at half time .... I would never have tried to support or excuse folk smoking in the bogs and I certainly wouldn't try to make any sort of case against the obvious dangers of the evil weed itself, but to suggest the current set up causes a passive smoking issue is frankly laughable.

If you reply to this post I'm not going to respond, because if you seriously see this as an issue its clear to me that nothing I can say will change your mind ..... Like most smokers I spent years having my enjoyment of the games at ER tarnished a bit because I couldn't have a fag for two hours after entering the stadium ..... and before you ask, yes I can go two hours without a fag, but that doesn't make it any less unpleasant for me if I have to, addictions a bitch ..... the clubs decision to address the fags in the bogs issue by letting folk out at half time was sensible and long overdue for all concerned ..... but clearly that isn't good enough for some folk who are never bloody happy no matter what you do.

Pete
12-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Oh FFS ...... we spent years with folk moaning about fags being smoked in the bogs at half time, now that the club has sensibly reached a compromise we still have winey bitches greetin' because they can smell a wee bit of smoke coming from outside the stands at half time .... I would never have tried to support or excuse folk smoking in the bogs and I certainly wouldn't try to make any sort of case against the obvious dangers of the evil weed itself, but to suggest the current set up causes a passive smoking issue is frankly laughable.

If you reply to this post I'm not going to respond, because if you seriously see this as an issue its clear to me that nothing I can say will change your mind ..... Like most smokers I spent years having my enjoyment of the games at ER tarnished a bit because I couldn't have a fag for two hours after entering the stadium ..... and before you ask, yes I can go two hours without a fag, but that doesn't make it any less unpleasant for me if I have to, addictions a bitch ..... the clubs decision to address the fags in the bogs issue by letting folk out at half time was sensible and long overdue for all concerned ..... but clearly that isn't good enough for some folk who are never bloody happy no matter what you do.

If you are that wound up by an issue that you resort to calling other posters, who are only expressing their legitimate concerns "whiney bitches", maybe you had better step away and not respond.

Disappointing.

Beefster
12-03-2017, 03:10 PM

You think you're hard off. Alkies aren't even allowed to nip out at half-time for a quick half bottle of industrial meths.

Thecat23
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Or doesn't read the websites

You can't tell me these idiots don't know it's banned!!

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2017, 03:21 PM
If you are that wound up by an issue that you resort to calling other posters, who are only expressing their legitimate concerns "whiney bitches", maybe you had better step away and not respond.

Disappointing.

Well ... I said I wasn't going to respond to you, but that applied to any counter argument. Perhaps you are right and I was a bit OTT using that expression, in which case I apologise.

If I am wound up by this perhaps its because an issue that has caused disharmony for years amongst supporters appeared to have finally been resolved to everybody's satisfaction and is in its second successful season .... I pushed for years for Hibs to allow fans out for a half time fag, including several E Mails to the club arguing the obvious advantages to all concerned .... now that has been accomplished and the toilets are a fragrant haven for the bursting and addicts like me don't have to curl up into a slavering ball at 70 minutes it was all good ............... perhaps my annoyance at somebody smelling smoke from outside during the 2 minutes they spend in the bookies queue and trying to turn that into a passive smoking issue is understandable.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2017, 03:22 PM
You think you're hard off. Alkies aren't even allowed to nip out at half-time for a quick half bottle of industrial meths.

I know mate .... but one fight at a time eh :greengrin

sleeping giant
12-03-2017, 03:46 PM
You can't tell me these idiots don't know it's banned!!

I'm not. Tongue was firmly in cheek

Pete
12-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Well ... I said I wasn't going to respond to you, but that applied to any counter argument. Perhaps you are right and I was a bit OTT using that expression, in which case I apologise.

If I am wound up by this perhaps its because an issue that has caused disharmony for years amongst supporters appeared to have finally been resolved to everybody's satisfaction and is in its second successful season .... I pushed for years for Hibs to allow fans out for a half time fag, including several E Mails to the club arguing the obvious advantages to all concerned .... now that has been accomplished and the toilets are a fragrant haven for the bursting and addicts like me don't have to curl up into a slavering ball at 70 minutes it was all good ............... perhaps my annoyance at somebody smelling smoke from outside during the 2 minutes they spend in the bookies queue and trying to turn that into a passive smoking issue is understandable.

That's cool. I've been called worse this afternoon.

As an ex smoker I can understand and actually agree that there should be an area where smokers can go. There's nothing worse than a holier than thou person who attacks smokers from all angles but that wasn't my intention, maybe it's the protective father in me as that's where my kids run about.

One thing I can say is that the smell is definitely there and wether it's a passive smoking issue is debatable. The problem is probably with the people who light up before they leave the stand and those who stand in the doorway. Maybe some better stewarding and a gentle reminder is all that's needed.

It was really only brought up to add a bit of context because people are using respiratory issues in the smoke bomb debate.

Now for the evangelical part. Read Allen Carrs book, over and over if you have to. If I can stop then anyone can :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2017, 04:11 PM
That's cool. I've been called worse this afternoon.

As an ex smoker I can understand and actually agree that there should be an area where smokers can go. There's nothing worse than a holier than thou person who attacks smokers from all angles but that wasn't my intention, maybe it's the protective father in me as that's where my kids run about.

One thing I can say is that the smell is definitely there and wether it's a passive smoking issue is debatable. The problem is probably with the people who light up before they leave the stand and those who stand in the doorway. Maybe some better stewarding and a gentle reminder is all that's needed.

It was really only brought up to add a bit of context because people are using respiratory issues in the smoke bomb debate.

Now for the evangelical part. Read Allen Carrs book, over and over if you have to. If I can stop then anyone can :aok:

Nothing he can teach me mate .... I've quit dozens of times :greengrin

SanFranHibs
12-03-2017, 04:15 PM

We have that already. It's called Guy Fawkes Night and for Hibs it is only a problem if we have a game on the 5th November :greengrin

pacoluna
12-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Your wrong

Moulin Yarns
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

Read it and weep.

Andy74
12-03-2017, 10:41 PM
http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

Read it and weep.

In what sense? What part of that article are you relying on for anything?

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2017, 05:51 AM
In what sense? What part of that article are you relying on for anything?

Andy. You are being deliberately obtuse and argumentative but if you need it spelled out to you.

The whole article but if you want specifics.

"They don't cause any problems"

many had had their view of the match obscured by smoke, 10% had suffered smoke inhalation

"They look great in Europe,"

more than half wrongly believed it’s legal in most of Europe.

"Smoke bombs don' generate heat" and "The smoke is not a health hazard"

A worrying 28% thought flares and smoke bombs were less dangerous than fireworks. Flares burn at the melting point of steel and contain toxic chemicals. Designed for marine distress, they are deliberately difficult to extinguish. Smoke bombs also burn at high temperatures and are not designed for use in confined spaces. They can cause panic in a tightly packed crowd and trigger asthma attacks.

The 2012/13 season saw a record 71 arrests for possession of pyrotechnics at a sporting event

“Putting aside arguments over rights and wrongs, the simple fact is it’s against the law and could be a danger to other fans. Use pyro in stadiums and there’s a good chance you’ll be caught, get a criminal record, and long-term football banning order. You might even go to jail.”

Which part of "THEY ARE AGAINST THE LAW" don't you understand?

eastcoasthibby
13-03-2017, 07:24 AM

FFS guys.

Sucked any lemons much ?
Nobody wants folk banned for life ...they just want the minute minority to do what's being asked by the club they come along to support ...! It's that simple !!
The attitude being shown by those who continue to bring pyrotechnics's in to the grounds , are putting two fingers up and saying to the club F#$k you , we will do what we want ...answer from the club with bans is absolutely right, because these individuals are disrespecting and disregarding our club, so fans who want to identify those doing this are absolutely right because they are supporting the club.

I hope people do stick the individuals in we don't need them at our games !!

eastcoasthibby
13-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Perhaps if people aren't keen on identifying individuals setting off pyrotechnics at the time and in front of everyone, for fear of becoming targets from others who seem to think sticking people in for this is not right, I am sure a quick call to Hibs giving a seat number would help just as much !! And they can act accordingly ..?? Just a thought.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2017, 08:13 AM

I read it 15 years ago and stopped the same day. It really is "The easy way to stop smoking".

silverhibee
13-03-2017, 10:41 AM
The point is that's outside the stadium

Hibs are stating they are illegal inside stadiums which is where we are using them

Under the Footballing act, they are illegal inside and outside football grounds.

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Under the Footballing act, they are illegal inside and outside football grounds.

Legislation has existed since 1985 concerning the use of pyrotechnics at football grounds. Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 it is an offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, smoke bomb or firework. The sentence for these offences can be as much as three months in prison, and in many cases, fans who have no previous convictions are given prison sentences for attempting to enter a football ground with a smoke bomb in their pocket as the courts take these offences very seriously. Recently, fans who have been caught at football matches with smoke bombs have been given sentences between 1 and 2 months and banned from returning to football grounds for up to 6 years. This demonstrates the severity with which authorities treat this issue when it relates to football matches. It is also an offence for a person under the age of 18 to be found carrying a firework or flare in a public place. Smoke bombs have the Firework Standard label on them and will be classed as a firework. However, in contrast to legislation around football matches, no specific offence exists for adults caught carrying flares or fireworks in crowded places (such as festivals or concerts) unless it can be proven that they were carried with intent to cause injury.

Let this be a warning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19732166

Blaster
13-03-2017, 10:55 AM

I don't think clubs will be held responsible for outside the ground though but could be wrong 👍

Moulin Yarns
13-03-2017, 11:02 AM
I don't think clubs will be held responsible for outside the ground though but could be wrong 👍

But the individual is breaking the law, could face jail and a banning order. Is it worth the risk?

sleeping giant
13-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Nobody wants folk banned for life ...they just want the minute minority to do what's being asked by the club they come along to support ...! It's that simple !!
The attitude being shown by those who continue to bring pyrotechnics's in to the grounds , are putting two fingers up and saying to the club F#$k you , we will do what we want ...answer from the club with bans is absolutely right, because these individuals are disrespecting and disregarding our club, so fans who want to identify those doing this are absolutely right because they are supporting the club.

I hope people do stick the individuals in we don't need them at our games !!

For the record I do not use these :greengrin

I agree that it should stop as the club have asked.
It might take a few weeks until the message gets through but I think we are seeing the last of them.
I don't think anyone is needing banned yet though .

I have been in the middle of one going off away to Alloa when we were standing in front of the young singing team and to be honest , it was brilliant :greengrin:

They are not allowed and I accept that totally.

Can't quite believe folk are talking about locking folk in cupboards with them though . WTF is that all about :greengrin

Blaster
13-03-2017, 11:07 AM
But the individual is breaking the law, could face jail and a banning order. Is it worth the risk?

I'm agreeing with you mate. From a selfish point of view as part of this discussion I'm only interested in what can impact hibs financially.

I hope whether it's inside or outside the stadium people stop using them illegally but my priority from a hibs perspective is inside the stadium

where'stheslope
13-03-2017, 05:38 PM
I've said it another thread about Smoke Bombs, it only takes one referee out to make a name for himself, seeing smoke engulfing his Linesman, like at Tannadice, and he calls the players off the pitch till smoke subsides!!!

Then the powers that be are in a strong position to hand out strong punishment after reading the referees report!!!

Think back to when Dallas was hit with a coin at Parkhead, soon as play resumed he pointed for a Rangers penalty, no one knew what the penalty was for, but it doesn't take a genius to work why he did!!!

A wee bit of fun, but can have big consequences.