PDA

View Full Version : Pitch Invasion

ivan03
11-03-2017, 11:22 AM
WHEN we win the league... will we invade the pitch? It obviously happens down south most seasons but I hope we don't do it, incase the players don't get to celebrate on the pitch with the trophy etc like hampden.

Thoughts.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 11:23 AM
For god's sake no.

Keyser Sauzee
11-03-2017, 11:24 AM
It's only the championship, so no

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Pitch invasions are for the younger generations.
I could not be arsed climbing over the seats , walking down the stairs , stopping for a pie, climbing over the wall , bribing the steward and then getting my deck shoes muddy .

We should have an Argentina . Does anyone remember them or was it a name my street made up for throwing paper and bog roll :greengrin

Allant1981
11-03-2017, 11:26 AM
It's only the championship, so no

we done it the last time we won the 1st division

green day
11-03-2017, 11:34 AM
The young radges will do it. I would be hard pushed to make the leap from the West Upper

Might have to make do with throwing a flare :greengrin:greengrin

That was a joke...............

DavidDavidGray
11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Hope not. Would much rather get the trophy presented to Sunshine On Leith as quick as possible if I'm honest

matty_f
11-03-2017, 11:44 AM
I'll just be glad that (if and when it happens) we'll be out of this league. I'm not thinking it's going to be a huge cause for celebration like the cup win was. I'll enjoy it, be happy about it, but there'll be no thoughts of going on a three day bender or invading the pitch or that.

SChibs
11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
It happens every year in the football league in England and nobody bats and eyelid. If hibs were to do it police Scotland would probably push to get our games played behind doors or something

Glory Lurker
11-03-2017, 11:48 AM
I'll just be glad that (if and when it happens) we'll be out of this league. I'm not thinking it's going to be a huge cause for celebration like the cup win was. I'll enjoy it, be happy about it, but there'll be no thoughts of going on a three day bender or invading the pitch or that.

:agree:

edwards
11-03-2017, 11:50 AM
We stil haven't won the league there is still an outside chance if we are not up to the job but fingers and toes crossed we can clinch it over the next few games. We have spent three years in this league, we missed out when hertz won it, we missed out when rankgers won it, so the fans have the right to celebrate. The fans have been brilliant this season so its up to us to have something in place so we can enjoy it.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 12:01 PM
WHEN we win the league... will we invade the pitch? It obviously happens down south most seasons but I hope we don't do it, incase the players don't get to celebrate on the pitch with the trophy etc like hampden.

Thoughts.

The club will issue a statement beforehand telling fans there will be serious repercussions if they do. It'll only spoil the day and for that reason a big no from me. Our neighbours didn't do it nor did the Rangers.

john18722
11-03-2017, 12:03 PM

I remember it well. Swinging on the cross bar at Firhill!

GreenCastle
11-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Just no.

I hope if we do have a game at home when we win the league or final home game we get league trophy that the club issue a statement and have proper security to stop it happening.

Will be interesting to see when this happens...south stand full of Hibs fans would be nice too.

As others have said - we will celebrate but not a massive achievement considering we shouldn't be down here in the first place.

Oddly though it's been some of my most enjoyable years following Hibs as winning games makes weekends so much better. The top league is over rated !

Onceinawhile
11-03-2017, 12:49 PM

Thoughts.

Maybe next season...

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 12:53 PM
If we win it at an away game it will probably happen, but not if it's at Easter Road. I was on the pitch at Firhill the last time, but i was much younger then :greengrin

CentreLine
11-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Celebrating winning the championship should be a fairly down beat thing. Yes we need to congratulate the players when (and it will) it happens but let's not go over the top for winning the second tier.

11-03-2017, 12:58 PM
No. Enjoy the celebrations in the stands and leave the pitch for the players to celebrate on.

GreenLake
11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Install M134 minigun turrets to hose down the first wave.

HibsNutter
11-03-2017, 01:21 PM
When we win the league I'm going to be happy that we're getting out of it, and that we'll have the opportunity to kick on as a club, rather than being delighted with winning this league trophy.

Nicho87
11-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Please stay off the pitch when it does happen. May was pure emotion and understandable.

However let the players enjoy this if it happens. I remember in 07 after the cup and some ruined it for others back at Easter road.

Onion
11-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Thoughts.

Winning Div 2 in Scotland (after 3 years, with no stiff competition this year, and our resources) should be celebrated in the appropriate way, a warm and polite round of applause for the team, management and club. We'll have achieve our goal. Invading the pitch would be ridiculous.

we are hibs
11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Id rather invade the pitch at hampden in May :wink:

California-Hibs
11-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Hopefully not!

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 01:34 PM
I've got my smoke bombs ready :wink:

O'Rourke3
11-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Things done elsewhere doesn't make anything right or necessary.

Racial abuse, pitch invasions, flares, smoke bombs, sectarian singing, sweetie paper rustling, falling down the stairs and onto the pitch side, attacking players or managers etc etc.

Stay at the sides and applaud or indeed get on the pitch if invited to do so but if not, stay off....

GreenCastle
11-03-2017, 01:36 PM
If we win it at an away game it will probably happen, but not if it's at Easter Road. I was on the pitch at Firhill the last time, but i was much younger then :greengrin

Fair point about away game..

You don't see many police at these games so could easily happen..hopefully clubs are prepared and fans behave themselves in the stands.

Hibs Class
11-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Pitch invasions are for the younger generations.
I could not be arsed climbing over the seats , walking down the stairs , stopping for a pie, climbing over the wall , bribing the steward and then getting my deck shoes muddy .

We should have an Argentina . Does anyone remember them or was it a name my street made up for throwing paper and bog roll :greengrin

Not made up. I first saw it at the world cup in Argentina in 1978, paper thrown at the start, and it was then done at ER for at least a few games at the start of the next season.

marinello59
11-03-2017, 01:57 PM
Why stop at invading the pitch? Let's take the whole ****ing City. Then we march South. Today the Championship, tomorrow the World. C'mon Hibbys, who is with me?

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Baker9
11-03-2017, 01:57 PM

And it ruined the chance for the team to celebrate properly. Just don't do it, and have the type of celebration we should have had at Hampden last year.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2017, 02:29 PM
And it ruined the chance for the team to celebrate properly. Just don't do it, and have the type of celebration we should have had at Hampden last year.

Most of the crowd were on the pitch at Firhill last time, wasn't ruined or any celebrations prevented because of it, don't recall any complaints about it at the time, wasn't an issue.

11-03-2017, 02:31 PM

Boo hoo.

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 03:00 PM
No it didn't! We had the trophy presentation at the end of the season against Falkirk.

Keith_M
11-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Here's some memorable pitch invasions from Hibs history.

1998, Firhill. Hibs clinch the championship and those fans still in the stand desperate to applaud their heroes are unable to do so because it took around 20 minutes to get the idiots off the pitch.

2007, Easter Road. The Hibs team are supposed to parade round the pitch and receive the acclaim of the support after winning the League Cup but are denied the chance because, you've guessed it, nobody could get the morons off the pitch.

2016, Hampden. After waiting 114 years, Hibs finally win the Cup, thousands of fans invade the pitch, the team can't parade the cup and the media use it as an excuse to distract attention away from Hibs win and paint the Hibs support as a bunch of hooligans.

Yeah, Pitch Invasions, dontcha just love them

:rolleyes:

Beefster
11-03-2017, 03:09 PM
The only excuse for going on the pitch when Hibs win the Championship is because you're a nine year old girl and Justin Bieber has just pitched up in the centre circle.

That won't stop some absolute trumpets over the age of 14 doing it though.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 03:10 PM
I'll be pleased to get promoted but I won't be going totally mental like I did last May.

We're in a league we should never have been in, in the first place and I just see promotion as us getting back to where we should already be.

I'm saving myself for the celebrations for two in a row anyway. :greengrin

11-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Here's some memorable pitch invasions from Hibs history.

1998, Firhill. Hibs clinch the championship and those fans still in the stand desperate to applaud their heroes are unable to do so because it took around 20 minutes to get the idiots off the pitch.

2007, Easter Road. The Hibs team are supposed to parade round the pitch and receive the acclaim of the support after winning the League Cup but are denied the chance because, you've guessed it, nobody could get the morons off the pitch.

2016, Hampden. After waiting 114 years, Hibs finally win the Cup, thousands of fans invade the pitch, the team can't parade the cup and the media use it as an excuse to distract attention away from Hibs win and paint the Hibs support as a bunch of hooligans.

Yeah, Pitch Invasions, dontcha just love them

:rolleyes:

It's comical people criticising and trying to prevent raw emotion at football, the very essence of what makes it the greatest sport in the world.

Keith_M
11-03-2017, 03:14 PM
It's comical people criticising and trying to prevent raw emotion at football, the very essence of what makes it the greatest sport in the world.

Very good, but that selfish behaviour affects other people's experience.

11-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Very good, but that selfish behaviour affects other people's experience.

Maybe football isn't for you if you can't bear the spectacle of the fans.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Maybe football isn't for you if you can't bear the spectacle of the fans.

If Hibs get a huge fine (and it's at ER then we would be liable) will you be putting your hand in your pocket to pay it? Or do we miss out on money for signings because some fannies want to be the centre of attention?

Beefster
11-03-2017, 03:20 PM

Raw emotion is jumping around, hugging anyone within reach, screaming like a buffoon, crying etc. It isn't getting up out of your seat, navigating to the end of your row, running down at least one flight of stairs, opening a gate or leaping over a barrier, ducking and diving to evade the stewards and police and then running yards onto some grass.

IMHO.

Since90+2
11-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Raw emotion is jumping around, hugging anyone within reach, screaming like a buffoon, crying etc. It isn't getting up out of your seat, navigating to the end of your row, running down at least one flight of stairs, opening a gate or leaping over a barrier, ducking and diving to evade the stewards and police and then running yards onto some grass.

IMHO.

Ducking and diving to evade the stewards and police? :confused:

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 03:28 PM

IMHO.

Bang on the button.

SanFranHibs
11-03-2017, 03:29 PM

IMHO.

Mmmmm, jumping around without leaving your seat? And maybe I was seated at the end of the row and the navigation was easy.

Actually the way you put it, your raw emotion, 'jumping around, hugging anyone within reach, screaming like a buffoon, crying', seems far less measured than 'getting up out of your seat, navigating to the end of your row, (Excuse me sir, excuse me ma'am. Can I get to to the end of the row? I am just going to invade the pitch) running down at least one flight of stairs, opening a gate or leaping over a barrier'

I think you make pitch invasions sound very respectable :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
11-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Got to laugh at all the old farts whinging about pitch invasions, when they did it themselves at some point. It's like the old codger across the road complaining about hearing a ball being kicked about, when they had all the freedom in the world to do it when they were that age.

1van Sprou7e
11-03-2017, 03:31 PM

IMHO.

Raw emotion brought me onto the pitch at Hampden, along with a life-long desire to run out onto a football pitch

Can't say it will be the same if we win the league

11-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Raw emotion is perhaps the only explanation for irrational behaviour.

Anyway, this argument has been done to death. Moralising on an Internet forum isn't going to stop fans invading the pitch, throwing smoke bombs or scrapping.

I might be more helpful to understand the psychology of football fans and the tribal instinct it appeals to instead of getting angry about it.

SRHibs
11-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Raw emotion brought me onto the pitch at Hampden, along with a life-long desire to run out onto a football pitch

Can't say it will be the same if we win the league So it wasn't raw emotion then... If raw emotion meant people had to run on the pitch, then they need to look at ways of better controlling their emotions.

1van Sprou7e
11-03-2017, 03:43 PM
So it wasn't raw emotion then... If raw emotion meant people had to run on the pitch, then they need to look at ways of better controlling their emotions.

Yeah maybe not "raw" emotion but I hardly put a lot of thought into it

To be perfectly honest I can't sympathise with people who complain about the Hampden pitch invasion. It was the most dramatic and historic moment in Scottish football for god knows how many years.

Anyone with any knowledge of UK fan culture knows that a pitch invasion was inevitable after that...as for winning the championship it's a little different

OxoHibby
11-03-2017, 04:22 PM

Thoughts.

It's weird that in England it is actually a criminal offence but it isn't in Scotland. Yet it is tolerated in England but not Scotland when hibs do it

lucky
11-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Desperate to win the league but certainly won't be invading the pitch. I've hated being in this poxy league and want out of it but 3 years is too long. As whilst I'd prefer to get promoted over winning the cup this year it won't come close to the 21.05.16

Andy74
11-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Most of the crowd were on the pitch at Firhill last time, wasn't ruined or any celebrations prevented because of it, don't recall any complaints about it at the time, wasn't an issue.

That's right. Was a great occasion. Great celebrations, no harm done, nothing said and no reason for it to have been an issue.

The Green Goblin
11-03-2017, 04:41 PM
No. We shouldn't be in this league. It will be a relief when we get out of it. Invading the pitch to "celebrate" that would be embarrassing. A nice wee mutual applause between fans and team then thank *** for that.

11-03-2017, 04:42 PM
That's right. Was a great occasion. Great celebrations, no harm done, nothing said and no reason for it to have been an issue.

Apparently it ruined the occasion because the team couldn't come onto the pitch, although the team came onto the pitch after the pitch invasion was cleared.

SChibs
11-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Having seen plenty pitch invasions on TV (with no repercussions) I've always wanted to be part of one and I have no regrets about being on the pitch last May.

Slavers
11-03-2017, 04:54 PM
I would not run onto the pitch if we get promoted but wouldn't bother me if other people did.

If we get promoted and then we retained the cup - scoring in the last moments of the game to win it against Celtic then another pitch invasion at Hampden would be on the cards i think - Just for fairness to show were no bigoted.

Colr
11-03-2017, 04:56 PM

Thoughts.

Did last time forst at Firhill then again at Easter Road.

Jags fans joined in I recall.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 05:44 PM
If it happens we all know the SFA will hammer us with a huge fine. We were able to get away with it due to strict liability at Hampden, if we give them an excuse they'll do it.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Got to laugh at all the old farts whinging about pitch invasions, when they did it themselves at some point. It's like the old codger across the road complaining about hearing a ball being kicked about, when they had all the freedom in the world to do it when they were that age.

Spot on.

theonlywayisup
11-03-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm never ever going to say that a pitch invasion ruined my day out. FFS we've just won the Scottish Cup, the League Cup, the Championship etc.......

However, I've always felt that the moment was shortened by the spectacle of 1000s of Hibs fans running onto the pitch.

This has happened three times for me - once being the celebration at ER on the last day of the Championship season the last time we gained promotion from that league, another being the League Cup 'celebration' in 2007 that really became a total non-event because of a few (very small number of) idiots on the pitch and finally that great day last May when we finally won the Scottish Cup.

Do I blame them? Well no - my children, my neighbours, my mates etc have all run onto the pitch.

Do I wish they hadn't? Well yes - it shortened my enjoyment of watching my beloved team gain the well earned respect from their fans.

Did it spoil my day? Well no, but please, please don't do it again.

jacomo
11-03-2017, 06:39 PM

Thoughts.

Won't be any Scottish Cup / West Coast football fans there so likelihood of a rammy very low.

My_Wife_Camille
12-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Not got a problem with pitch invasions at all but there's no chance in hell I'd be anywhere near one when we win the league. It's the Championship FFS

When promotion is confirmed it will be a round of applause for the players and staff that finally corrected a massive, massive wrong in the history of our club and nothing more.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Not got a problem with pitch invasions at all but there's no chance in hell I'd be anywhere near one when we win the league. It's the Championship FFS

When promotion is confirmed it will be a round of applause for the players and staff that finally corrected a massive, massive wrong in the history of our club and nothing more.

Agreed :agree:

Round of applause then we go home and thank to god we are out this hell hole of a league !! Totally want to forget about this mickey mouse of a league and never ever see it again anytime soon.

jgl07
12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Indeed we did. But everyone was cleared from the pitch at Firhill to enable the team to do a lap of honour.

BullsCloseHibs
12-03-2017, 07:58 PM
100+ arrests to follow...

🤕

HibernianJK
12-03-2017, 08:03 PM
No. But if there was, I don't know why it would be such a big problem. Happens every year down south in every league bar PL as people have said and there's never any problem. Would be more cringe worthy for us IMO as getting out the Championship at the 3rd time of asking doesn't really warrant much celebrating.

NYHibby
12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
It's weird that in England it is actually a criminal offence but it isn't in Scotland. Yet it is tolerated in England but not Scotland when hibs do it

I know little about Scottish property law, but in England it is also trespass as your licence to be in the stadium does not extend to the pitch. While there may not be a football specific offence in Scotland, I would be surprised if Scots Law did not cover it under something more general.

12-03-2017, 08:41 PM

Totally agree.

Mind you remember when "the big team" won it and wanted an open top bus parade and multiple guards of honour :faf:

Deansy
12-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Am still just praying we win it.

SirDavidsNapper
13-03-2017, 06:25 AM
Like some posters have said I'll give them a round of applause then try and quickly forget about 3 seasons stuck down here.

howdenthehibby
13-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Nah ! Still a lot of football to be played , but if we do win it , It will just be a huge relief to get out of this fishy league . So just a round of applause from me.

superfurryhibby
13-03-2017, 07:26 AM
Dignity and perspective required. A pitch invasion for winning this league would be a pure embarrassment.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Just no.

I hope if we do have a game at home when we win the league or final home game we get league trophy that the club issue a statement and have proper security to stop it happening.

Will be interesting to see when this happens...south stand full of Hibs fans would be nice too.

As others have said - we will celebrate but not a massive achievement considering we shouldn't be down here in the first place.

Oddly though it's been some of my most enjoyable years following Hibs as winning games makes weekends so much better. The top league is over rated !

Kind of perversely agree with this.

As much as i want hibs to get promoted, the thought of the premier league does not excite me in the slightest.

And the derbies have been more enjoyable because there isnt another in a couple of months time.

Scottish football really is crap anf needs to address the complete lack of competition.

tamig
13-03-2017, 08:28 AM

I've been present when we've clinched second tier title wins in 81 and 99 and on both occasions there were pitch invasions.
Are we saying that this title wouldn't mean as much as the previous two. I'm against invasions btw.

marinello59
13-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I've been present when we've clinched second tier title wins in 81 and 99 and on both occasions there were pitch invasions.
Are we saying that this title wouldn't mean as much as the previous two. I'm against invasions btw.

Or times have changed and with the scrutiny our club is under following the cup final giving the authorities an excuse to give us a financial kicking would be foolish.

Killiehibbie
13-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Only if we do a unique double.

Baker9
13-03-2017, 11:35 AM
If Hibs get a huge fine (and it's at ER then we would be liable) will you be putting your hand in your pocket to pay it? Or do we miss out on money for signings because some fannies want to be the centre of attention?

It is all about being the centre of attention with absolutely no understanding for the consequences of their actions. What was it at Hampden, 30,000 Hibs fans? Two thousand on the park got the celebration they wanted? 28,000 never got the after match celebration they wanted with the players.

HibernianJK
13-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Question; would Hibs fans get a huge fine for invading their own pitch? Would it be as big an issue when the opposition crowd don't care/run on to fight?

tamig
13-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Or times have changed and with the scrutiny our club is under following the cup final giving the authorities an excuse to give us a financial kicking would be foolish.

Yes I get that - and that's the main reason I'd hope folk would stay off the pitch. However, the poster I was replying to implied - to me anyway - that the only reason he wasn't keen on an invasion was due to the fact it was because we would "only" have won a second tier title.

My_Wife_Camille
13-03-2017, 12:03 PM
I personally feel that Hibs fans celebrating a second tier win in that way is ridiculous, whether it was 81, 99, or 2017.

Tamhere1875
13-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Let's win it first before thinking about what might and might not happen

tamig
13-03-2017, 01:02 PM
I personally feel that Hibs fans celebrating a second tier win in that way is ridiculous, whether it was 81, 99, or 2017.

It's quite an admirable stance but we are where we are bud. I think we all know the reasons why we're here at the moment but it's been an unprecedented set of circumstances that has led to us being down here longer than any of us had hoped. For me when we get back up it will be a sense of relief more than anything else. No doubt plenty will celebrate though. Hopefully not on the pitch.

silverhibee
13-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Pitch invasion when we win the SPFL league next season though. :greengrin

JDHibs
13-03-2017, 03:57 PM
No, just no.

Thats embarrassing and the thought shouldnt even be entertained. We should have been out of this league 2 season ago.

In my opinion, winning this league would just be job done. Nothing big. Thats a small club mentality to have a pitch invasion over winning this league when we are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Thats like Everton being in the championship down south for 3 season then having a pitch invasion when they win it, no chance.

Ilovehibs
13-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Question; would Hibs fans get a huge fine for invading their own pitch? Would it be as big an issue when the opposition crowd don't care/run on to fight?

Probably, given how ready the Scottish Football authorities and media are to get at us- this would create a real opportunity for them to punish the club.

Also, if (hopefully when) we win the league, it is not impossible that the opposition fans run on to fight, even if a small minority. Depends who we are playing. Quite a few teams this season have had some young widos in their support (could also be sad yams) who would happily run on for a scrap and before we know it we're in bother again.

The last thing our club needs is another long running hassle to be dealt with like after the cup final at a time when our sole focus should be preparing for life back in the premier league.

When we secure promotion it would be brilliant to have our celebration, bounce all we want in the stands, sing our hearts out, salute the players and its job done. Move on to next season with nae bother hanging over us.

Come on the Hibs. :flag:

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2017, 05:11 PM
No, just no.

Thats like Everton being in the championship down south for 3 season then having a pitch invasion when they win it, no chance.

Which they would.

Islington Hibs
13-03-2017, 05:22 PM
To celebrate, on the pitch, winning the Scottish Cup after 114 years is one thing, to celebrate winning the Championship, after three years, would be, er, a bit embarrassing.

More importantly we got away with the last invasion with a ticking off, do it again and would rightly have the book thrown at us. I sincerely hope, if we win it, we celebrate with Sunshine on Leith and not for the wrong reasons.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Invading the pitch is cool, other teams don't understand that its a Hibs thing. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2017, 06:20 PM
No, just no.

Thats embarrassing and the thought shouldnt even be entertained. We should have been out of this league 2 season ago.

In my opinion, winning this league would just be job done. Nothing big. Thats a small club mentality to have a pitch invasion over winning this league when we are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Everton fans have to be held back when they win the toss,such is their excitement at winning anything it's been that long.

Pretty Boy
13-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Raw emotion is perhaps the only explanation for irrational behaviour.

Anyway, this argument has been done to death. Moralising on an Internet forum isn't going to stop fans invading the pitch, throwing smoke bombs or scrapping.

I might be more helpful to understand the psychology of football fans and the tribal instinct it appeals to instead of getting angry about it.

A premeditated pitch invasion isn't really 'raw emotion' though is it?

The one after the cup final could certainly be explained away given the circumstances and emotions involved. One after winning the Championship at the 3rd time of asking? Not really close to being the same.

Keyser Sauzee
13-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Did Leicester do it last year?? I can't remember but might have missed it. If they didn't do one after what is probably the biggest achievement in footballing history then I'm sure we can refrain from doing so winning a league we should be winning anyway. As others have pointed out, it would be embarrassing

1van Sprou7e
13-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Did Leicester do it last year?? I can't remember but might have missed it. If they didn't do one after what is probably the biggest achievement in footballing history then I'm sure we can refrain from doing so winning a league we should be winning anyway. As others have pointed out, it would be embarrassing

Well they won it when Tottenham drew against Chelsea, bit different when you've already won the league before the game has begun

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-03-2017, 10:31 PM
A pitch invasion to celebrate winning the championship at the third attempt would fall into cringe territory I reckon.

mca
13-03-2017, 10:58 PM

Pitch invasion when we win the SPFL league next season though. :greengrin

Just a Quick one tho.. eh.. No Ripping up the Pitch and Posts etc :wink:

cocteautwin
13-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Celebrating the end of a 3 year total embarrassment in the Championship? All it needs is a quick hand clap and then walk away and try and forget it ever happened. If there’s a flag to be presented at the start of next season, can we do it behind closed doors please?

SC2 though? That’s a completely different matter.

Greenworld
14-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Simply No I will be delighted but not to celebrate three years of championship football

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
14-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Yes I get that - and that's the main reason I'd hope folk would stay off the pitch. However, the poster I was replying to implied - to me anyway - that the only reason he wasn't keen on an invasion was due to the fact it was because we would "only" have won a second tier title.

I'm with the poster and their implication. Of course we should congratulate the players on achieving promotion and what it means for the club but pitch invasion? Nah! It was embarrassing seeing ott celebrations on those previous occasions and it will be equally embarrassing when it happens this time. Winning the second tier is a means to an end and only confirms us as "best of the rest". For some however any excuse will do to run on to the players stage and they'll do it again this year.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2017, 07:11 AM
We are a championship club and have been for the last three seasons,it's about time people realised that rather than this pish about almost being embarrassed to celebrate winning the championship! We're not too big to celebrate winning everything that we win.Pitch invasion maybe not,but celebration yes.

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 07:29 AM
We are a championship club and have been for the last three seasons,it's about time people realised that rather than this pish about almost being embarrassed to celebrate winning the championship! We're not too big to celebrate winning everything that we win.Pitch invasion maybe not,but celebration yes.

Agree

Celebrate the end of a bit of a nightmare. How often do clubs outside of the OF win anything? Of course it should be celebrated.

Onion
14-03-2017, 08:47 AM
A simple threat by Hibs and Police to film, identify and ban every fan who encroaches onto the park should do the trick. Celebrate yes, idiots no.

ian cruise
14-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Definitely celebrate but no to pitch invasion. It would be ludicrous to even suggest it after last may and the current warnings over fans behaviour and pyro/smoke bombs. I'm not sure why folk can't see they're putting the clubs reputation at risk, regardless of what they do down south or abroad, we've been warned not to do it here. That said I've no doubt in my mind that it's going to happen.

GlasgowHibee
14-03-2017, 09:27 AM
If (when) we win the cup again in May, will there be a pitch invasion?

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2017, 09:33 AM
If (when) we win the cup again in May, will there be a pitch invasion?

i personally would hope not

Since90+2
14-03-2017, 09:48 AM
No chance anyone will be getting anywhere near the pitch at the Scottish cup final. The SFA will have stewards and police all the way around the pitch from about 75 minutes onwards.

If its us vs Sevco again I would also imagine its likely to be one of the heaviest police presences in Scottish football history.

Keyser Sauzee
14-03-2017, 01:22 PM

I agree with what your saying in regards to celebrating an achievement such as winning our league and rightly so, however the OP was asking about a pitch invasion for winning the championship and that would be embarrassing.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2017, 01:34 PM
I agree with what your saying in regards to celebrating an achievement such as winning our league and rightly so, however the OP was asking about a pitch invasion for winning the championship and that would be embarrassing.

Yes I know but other people have then gone on to mention embarrassing to celebrate at all.

Onion
14-03-2017, 06:12 PM
No chance anyone will be getting anywhere near the pitch at the Scottish cup final. The SFA will have stewards and police all the way around the pitch from about 75 minutes onwards.

If its us vs Sevco again I would also imagine its likely to be one of the heaviest police presences in Scottish football history.

Wrong, that would put lives in danger (copyright, Police Scotland, Official Post-Match Report) :cb

SON OF PADDY
14-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Agree

Celebrate the end of a bit of a nightmare. How often do clubs outside of the OF win anything? Of course it should be celebrated.

I'll will definitely be celebrating 😅
No pitch invasion from me, but the players will be getting a standing ovation that's for sure. 🍾🍾🍾🍻

15-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Why is this even still being discussed? Stay off the pitch, it's not difficult.

jacomo
15-03-2017, 02:47 PM

We did it last time IIRC.