PDA

View Full Version : The next 3 games could win us the league?

RossScott1991
11-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Massive chance for us now. 3 home games in the league on the bounce. Funnily enough our away record is better this season so we can't afford complacency, however I reckon atleast 7 points from these 3 games, and the title will be done, in my opinion, with Falkirk, Morton and Dundee Utd all still to take points off each other. Thankfully Cummings will only miss Dumbarton I believe after getting 2 bookings means 1 match suspension, so he will be fresh for Falkirk.

Dumbarton
Falkirk
Morton

Come on Hibs, time to really leave the rest behind. Build a massive gap and then we really can focus on 2 in a row :flag:

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Considering who we're playing against, if we win our next 3 games we'll be home and hosed IMO.

inglisavhibs
11-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Massive chance for us now. 3 home games in the league on the bounce. Funnily enough our away record is better this season so we can't afford complacency, however I reckon atleast 7 points from these 3 games, and the title will be done, in my opinion, with Falkirk, Morton and Dundee Utd all still to take points off each other. Thankfully Cummings will only miss Dumbarton I believe after getting 2 bookings means 1 match suspension, so he will be fresh for Falkirk.

Dumbarton
Falkirk
Morton

Come on Hibs, time to really leave the rest behind. Build a massive gap and then we really can focus on 2 in a row :flag:
We can play our part by turning up in large numbers for next week and creating a cup tie atmosphere! The Falkirk crowd and atmosphere will take care of itself but the last thing we need is a muted Easter Road next week.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Win those 3 and the league is won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
When is the earliest we can actually mathematically win the league?

lucky
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
All teams are going to drop points between now and the end of the season. I doubt United and Morton will both take full points from their game/games in hand. Dumbarton is a must win. Then Houstons hackers will come to ER knowing they must win so they won't be able to sit in and play for a draw. We are in a strong position but not home and hosed just yet.

Bristolhibby
11-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Difficult to call with Morton having 2 games in hand and we have to play them twice. Also Falkirk at the end of the month, so a win there could take them out.

IMHO we need to focus about an inch in front of us at a time.

Next Cup Final is Dimbarton at home next Saturday. 3 points there just as important as last night. Let's hope the rest of the league can pull their fingers out and do us a favour.

Game I've got my eye on is the Arabs midweek game against in form St Mirren.

Mon the Buddies!

J

Billy Whizz
11-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Think it will all be a bit clearer after we've play Falkirk on 25th and Morton on 29th. Win these 2 hopefully after we've beaten Dumbarton, and the countdown can start

lugz
11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Good thing is the teams chasing us have to play each other. Falkirk is a massive game, don't lose and it's a big step towards the title.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 12:14 PM
We can play our part by turning up in large numbers for next week and creating a cup tie atmosphere! The Falkirk crowd and atmosphere will take care of itself but the last thing we need is a muted Easter Road next week.

When was the last time you saw a muted ER ? Our attendances have been the highest for years despite our poor home displays.

SChibs
11-03-2017, 12:19 PM
The team I think we need to worry about is Morton, 2 games in hand on us and still need to play us twice. If they beat us in the first game then it could get interesting

Nicho87
11-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Must win our next 3 at home. In April we are away 3 times with 2 home games. Do the damage and get the clock countdown in.

emerald green
11-03-2017, 12:40 PM
To win a title, any team should take it one game at a time. Concentrate and focus only on winning against Dumbarton. If they do that, then move onto the next game.

No point winning last night then blowing it at home against Dumbarton.

Glory Lurker
11-03-2017, 12:59 PM
I'd prefer that we don't go in to the Dunfermline game with the possibility of winning the league at that match. I like the trip over there and don't want to miss out on a ticket. Thanks.

Bristolhibby
11-03-2017, 01:00 PM
To win a title, any team should take it one game at a time. Concentrate and focus only on winning against Dumbarton. If they do that, then move onto the next game.

This, it's always the Hibs way. Beat Hearts, then draw two and lose one. Beat Dundee Utd, Dumbarton up next at home????

Cmon Hibs, professionalism and get the job done.

J

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2017, 01:04 PM
If we win the next three at home, it would take something extraordinary to stop us winning the league. It's against the weaker teams that we've actually struggled, so it's vital we start with a win against Dumbarton. Get maximum points in the next three matches and we're almost there.

GreenCastle
11-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Can someone post remaining fixtures for top 4 teams ?

Splitting it home and away would be useful.

Thanks

Billy Whizz
11-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Can someone post remaining fixtures for top 4 teams ?

Splitting it home and away would be useful.

Thanks

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/fixtures/2017-04

All on here for April, click the arrow for May

snooky
11-03-2017, 01:15 PM

:top marks
You're spot on, EG. Never look beyond the next fence in the race.
Remember the year we went down? We were going to put Hearts down at ER and we didn't and went into a tailspin after that.
No sabre-rattling please. Everything should be focused on the Dumbarton game.

SChibs
11-03-2017, 01:45 PM
I'd prefer that we don't go in to the Dunfermline game with the possibility of winning the league at that match. I like the trip over there and don't want to miss out on a ticket. Thanks.

We'd need to be able to go 16 points ahead after the game to win the league that day so I think you'll be okay!

Speedy
11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Morton play Falkirk shortly as well.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2017, 04:37 PM
All teams are going to drop points between now and the end of the season. I doubt United and Morton will both take full points from their game/games in hand. Dumbarton is a must win. Then Houstons hackers will come to ER knowing they must win so they won't be able to sit in and play for a draw. We are in a strong position but not home and hosed just yet.

Falkirk will come to ER and play the same way as they always do. They'll try to frustrate us and nick a goal from a set piece or on the break. No way they will come out at us, they haven't got it in them.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 04:42 PM
I think St Mirren and Dunfermline will be a huge problem for Morton, Falkirk and Dundee United. They are two teams who have turned the corner, and they need the points, particularly St.Mirren.

monktonharp
11-03-2017, 05:27 PM
agree with the OP. take at least 7 points from the next 3 games and we are home and dry. Dundee united have a couple of midweek games and Saturday games to follow those. Falkirk will be our main worry, as last season. we also have Morton home and away but i'm thinking we will have done It, before we go to Greenock.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Dundee Utd have only won 2 of their last 10, not a hope in hell of them winning 3 more than us.

We could probably lose all our remaining games and they still wouldn't catch us!

Morton or Falkirk? Nah, we'll thump both of them.

Bring on Aberdeen.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Morton play Falkirk shortly as well.

Next week, right after our match so hopefully we'll be nine points ahead by then.