PDA

View Full Version : Double his wages

CRAZYHIBBY
10-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Double cummings wages....hes an absolute goal machine.....we need to keep players like him....end of

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Thought he looked offside when the ball was lobbed over their back line in the first ten minutes. Could have had two or three.

Earlydelivery
11-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Love him .

Enough said
11-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Every players wages are to be doubled on promotion

Brightside
11-03-2017, 06:43 AM

hahahaha.....aye right. we'll be bankrupt in 3 months.

H18 SFR
11-03-2017, 06:46 AM

Lol, we are already paying 'SPL' wages.

Enough said
11-03-2017, 06:46 AM
hahahaha.....aye right. we'll be bankrupt in 3 months.

Nope... players aren't on that great money although it's a more than what the average man does. All players and managemt staff were told last season and this one. On promotion wages will double

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Nope... players aren't on that great money although it's a more than what the average man does. All players and managemt staff were told last season and this one. On promotion wages will double

I very much doubt that.

Brightside
11-03-2017, 06:53 AM

I can assure you that will not be happening...whoever told you that was telling porkies. Our wages are still much higher than the majority of the Prem. They didn't come down when we were relegated.

bigwheel
11-03-2017, 06:53 AM

why do people believe or make stuff like this up...That is not the case. Key players are on top league salaries already - only way to retain them. And not all players will be with us next season, so there is zero use in making an offer like that...would be meaningless.

-Jonesy-
11-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Doesn't he still have 2/3 years left after this season ?

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Double his wages for scoring prowess, half them for idiocy.

Or maybe just keep as they are to avoid admin problems.

jacomo
11-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Doesn't he still have 2/3 years left after this season ?

Yes, 3.

H18 SFR
11-03-2017, 07:03 AM

Neil Lennon is the highest paid manager in the history of our club, you're suggesting his wage is to double?

eastcoasthibby
11-03-2017, 07:03 AM
There will be an increase in the wage bill, because we will want to retain certain players and also players we bring in will need to be paid a bit more than what we are paying ...if we want the better quality in positions needed....all of course will be irrelevant if we blow it and fail to get promoted ..it may well be wage cuts !
Let's hope the players get the must win attitude from now on and earn either a wee pay ruse or a new contract those that we are keeping anyway !!

Thecat23
11-03-2017, 07:06 AM

No they weren't.

Enough said
11-03-2017, 07:07 AM
No they weren't.

Yip they were

heretoday
11-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Neil Lennon is the highest paid manager in the history of our club, you're suggesting his wage is to double?

How much does he get?

Enough said
11-03-2017, 07:11 AM
How much does he get?

£1500/£2000 no more than that

Thecat23
11-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Yip they were

Not having a pop at you, but the players are not getting double what they earn now. Source... Couple of players who played last night!

So whoever told you this is pulling your leg!

bigwheel
11-03-2017, 07:13 AM
£1500/£2000 no more than that

if you think Cummings is on 100K a year basic , at his age in the championship, you are daydreaming....

Enough said
11-03-2017, 07:16 AM
if you think Cummings is on 100K a year basic , at his age in the championship, you are daydreaming....

Read further up I was asked what Lennon was on not Jc

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Yip they were

How can you possibly know the salaries of our players and managemental to make the comment you did? To suggest that Hibs would make a promise to double all wages on promotion is ridiculous especially given that by all accounts we have maintained a top league budget to get promotion anyway.

bigwheel
11-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Read further up I was asked what Lennon was on not Jc

apologies for misreading - but again - that will be way off, this time in the other direction.

Enough said
11-03-2017, 07:20 AM
apologies for misreading - but again - that will be way off, this time in the other direction.

That's what am saying players wages will be doubled.. let's not forget we will only be paying £1000/£2000 max on wages at the moment if your lucky

bigwheel
11-03-2017, 07:22 AM
That's what am saying players wages will be doubled.. let's not forget we will only be paying £1000/£2000 max on wages at the moment if your lucky

Mate - you are making it up, or have been mis-informed...no football club, makes a "double your wages" commitment - knowing there will be a big turnover in players when we go up...it would be meaningless, and economic suicide.

marinello59
11-03-2017, 07:22 AM

No, they're not.

Keith_M
11-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Lennon is on a salary of roughly 5k per week, plus a generous bonus for promotion

Mon Dieu4
For double the wage I'd rather have players twice as good, I love an outlandish theory :faf:

bigwheel
Lennon is on a salary of roughly 5k per week, plus a generous bonus for promotion

that feels much more likely...

Tyler Durden
11-03-2017, 07:27 AM

I think this a myth, doubt he is paid more than Blobby

Enough said
11-03-2017, 07:35 AM

No chance . Hibs won't be paying £5000 a week

Keith_M
11-03-2017, 07:41 AM
No chance . Hibs won't be paying £5000 a week

Truth is that I heard that from somebody that does occasional (contract) work at ER, original source being a rather gossipy admin lady, and have no idea how genuine it is.

....but everybody else was throwing unsubstantiated figures out as facts, I just wanted to join in :wink:

rotherhamrob
11-03-2017, 08:05 AM

😂😂 your logic and reasoning will get you far in life.

Sioux
11-03-2017, 08:17 AM

So, are we paying a maximum of £1000 per week or £2000 per week?

Or, are we paying everyone £1000 per week, except for those that are paid £2000 per week?

What are you talking about?

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 08:19 AM

Sounds about right. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2017, 08:22 AM
In your scenario, the Club are budgeting for income to more than double.

Is that the case?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
11-03-2017, 08:22 AM

For someone who is supposedly so in the know, surely you'd know it if was 1000 or 2000?

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Mate - you are making it up, or have been mis-informed...no football club, makes a "double your wages" commitment - knowing there will be a big turnover in players when we go up...it would be meaningless, and economic suicide.

Agree would be total lunacy to promise that and definitely won't happen. Many players out of contract at the end of the season so a few decisions to make.

Big L
11-03-2017, 08:25 AM

Hibs wouldn't have got him for less IMO

Itsnoteasy
11-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Lol, we are already paying 'SPL' wages.

And SPL season ticket prices

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2017, 08:34 AM
I love the mythical threads about salaries and the total lack of any financial sense.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 08:39 AM
I hate to get involved in the idiocy of this everyone's wages getting doubled claim but a quick look at our accounts over the last few years will quickly put this one to bed. We are currently spending £3.8m on staff costs on a turnover of £7m. Where is the scope to double wages there, even if the players only make up half that?
There was no reduction in staff costs when we went down.
The wage bill probably will go up next season as I expect the summer signings to reflect the fact that our crowds are up 60% but to suggest that everyone wages are about to double is absolute fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still Smiling
12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
£100k for playing football!.. ..sounds ok. Do you need a degree? Get real. Footballers wages are ridiculous and it is the supporters who end up paying.

brianmc
12-03-2017, 08:32 PM
I hate to get involved in the idiocy of this everyone's wages getting doubled claim but a quick look at our accounts over the last few years will quickly put this one to bed. We are currently spending £3.8m on staff costs on a turnover of £7m. Where is the scope to double wages there, even if the players only make up half that?
There was no reduction in staff costs when we went down.
The wage bill probably will go up next season as I expect the summer signings to reflect the fact that our crowds are up 60% but to suggest that everyone wages are about to double is absolute fantasy.

Aaaaaarrggh, curse you Ozy for bringing substantiated facts into the mix!

*I was hoping to be first to do that.

OP is either (a) tripping oot his nut
Or (b) at it!!

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2017, 08:44 PM
I'd have thought Sauzee was our highest paid manager, carrying over his playing contract to manager?

brianmc
12-03-2017, 08:47 PM
I'd have thought Sauzee was our highest paid manager, carrying over his playing contract to manager?

I have no idea - but let me be first to claim the figure of £7000 per week for Franck. Fact. End of etc etc

HibernianJK
12-03-2017, 08:55 PM
I have no evidence to back this up but can't see any player being on more than £2k basic however I imagine Lennon will probably be on a fair bit more than that.

HibsNutter
12-03-2017, 09:04 PM
£100k for playing football!.. ..sounds ok. Do you need a degree? Get real. Footballers wages are ridiculous and it is the supporters who end up paying.

They only get what someone is willing to pay them, they have made themselves worth what they are paid. Some of the suggestions on this thread have been bonkers, but we should offer wage increases and improved contracts to the likes of McGinn and Cummings if it is necessary in persuading them to stay when we go up. Sick of seeing our best players leave prematurely.

Northernhibee
12-03-2017, 09:12 PM

Go and pick up an application form then if it works like that.

20-30 goal a season strikers are few and far between and every club wants one. Limited supply, infinite demand. That's how wages end up high.

Ozyhibby
12-03-2017, 09:18 PM

Anybody can get a degree. Players good enough to play for Hibs are pretty rare.

SunshineOnLeith
12-03-2017, 09:49 PM

Can this be the new Hibs.net "fact", please?

The £150k for Griffiths shtick has had its day.

They're doubling :hyper

jacomo
12-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Anybody can get a degree. Players good enough to play for Hibs are pretty rare.

:agree:

AgentDaleCooper
12-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Can this be the new Hibs.net "fact", please?

The £150k for Griffiths shtick has had its day.

They're doubling :hyper

Do you mean he's really coming home?

:hyper

lord bunberry
12-03-2017, 11:51 PM
I have no idea - but let me be first to claim the figure of £7000 per week for Franck. Fact. End of etc etc
I'm sorry but unless you write fact in capital letters I'm not believing it. :greengrin

KazaHibs
13-03-2017, 12:11 AM
I had heard Cummings was £2.4k a week with £500 a goal!

Haymaker
13-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Do you mean he's really coming home?

Ryan69
13-03-2017, 03:40 AM

Why would you even make something so ridiculous up?

Winston Ingram
13-03-2017, 05:36 AM

:faf:

Winston Ingram
13-03-2017, 05:42 AM

There's no chance he's on that. That's £260k a year.

Lennon actually took less money to get Parker in. You'll be lucky if he is even on a 3rd of that.

sleeping giant
13-03-2017, 06:32 AM
There's no chance he's on that. That's £260k a year.

Lennon actually took less money to get Parker in. You'll be lucky if he is even on a 3rd of that.

He's the highest paid manager.

Bobby was on £200k.

Ozyhibby
13-03-2017, 07:03 AM

Bobby was on £200k.

Where does it say he is our highest paid manager?

jacomo
13-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Where does it say he is our highest paid manager?

This is a widely accepted FACT.

DH1875
13-03-2017, 08:21 AM
This is a widely accepted FACT.

Pretty sure it was in the press release (club statement) when we announced his appointment.

w pilton hibby
13-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Pretty sure it was in the press release (club statement) when we announced his appointment.

This is the announcement

HIBERNIAN APPOINT NEIL LENNON
By: Hibernian Media on 08 Jun, 2016 22:03

Hibernian FC can confirm that Neil Lennon has agreed to join the Club as Head Coach.

Neil succeeds Alan Stubbs, who left the Club following the Scottish Cup Final win to become Manager at Rotherham United FC.

Neil joins on a 2-year deal, and will be assisted by Garry Parker.

Rod Petrie, Chairman of Hibernian, said: “We are delighted to have secured a Head Coach of Neil’s calibre and profile, and we look forward to him bringing his drive and mentality to our campaign to win the Championship this season and secure promotion back to the top flight of Scottish football.”

Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive, added: “As soon as Neil was identified as the outstanding candidate we were determined to bring him to Easter Road. He has managed at a very high level, taking Celtic to the last 16 of the Champions League, and we were attracted by his ability to get the most out of players and his driven, winning mentality.

"On behalf of everyone at Hibernian FC we would like to extend a warm welcome to both Neil and Garry."

Winston Ingram
13-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Bobby was on £200k.

That was a completely different era. Back then the TV deal was enormous. Players like Gary Smith were on £8k a week. John O'Neil was on roughly £10k a week. We had the money to pay that then. We don't now. I'd love to see where it says NL is our highest ever paid manager as it's the first i've heard of it.

Winston Ingram
13-03-2017, 09:20 AM
The other thing on this every player will get his wages doubled.

To my knowledge only 5 are in contract. McGinn, Cummings, McGeouch, Forster & Hanlon.

Ozyhibby
13-03-2017, 09:43 AM
The other thing on this every player will get his wages doubled.

To my knowledge only 5 are in contract. McGinn, Cummings, McGeouch, Forster & Hanlon.

These are the players who are out of contract.
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

bigwheel
13-03-2017, 10:02 AM
These are the players who are out of contract.
Holt
Shinnie
Boyle
Keatings
Fyvie
Harris
Fontaine
Stevenson
Gray
McGregor
Bartley
Humphrey
Marciano

well that certainly proves this "double your money" offer is nonsense. These guys won't even know if we are going to offer them anything...

Ozyhibby
13-03-2017, 10:09 AM
well that certainly proves this "double your money" offer is nonsense. These guys won't even know if we are going to offer them anything...

I don't think that ever really needed proved. [emoji23][emoji23]

Causewayside PR
13-03-2017, 10:39 AM
What is also pretty staggering is the idea that players wages were not reduced automatically on relegation. My understanding is that it is a standard term in a players contracts for a %age decrease following relegation (and for an increase following subsequent promotion). Certainly figures around the 20-25% mark are touted as industry standard.
In terms of the company returns showing that the wage bill stayed at a similar level on relegation, that is likely because of the additional players that were brought in.
As a result of the massive turnaround in staff and players remaining from the relegation season, any wage percentage decreases would not have a significant impact on the player wage bill.
On the other side of the coin, I would be amazed if players whose contracts run into next season do not have a %age increase should we gain promotion. Again though, new contracts signed would not technically need to abide by this though players would most likely get improved terms for obvious reasons.