PDA

View Full Version : Holt

supershotmo
10-03-2017, 11:44 PM
We need to give the big man a bit credit. He turns up for all the big games.

The Leith Dutch
10-03-2017, 11:45 PM
The guy gives us a lot of what we've been lacking for years.
Thoroughly enjoyed having a striker to bully the yams :greengrin

hibsbollah
10-03-2017, 11:47 PM
He must be a nightmare to play against. Very good again tonight.

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Showed he's not to be messed around tonight.

Hi Heid Yin
10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Another hard-man, gritty, grafting performance from Holt. He has given us that extra dimension we have lacked in recent seasons - a physicality and presence.
He is one of the first in my team sheet.

lucky
10-03-2017, 11:51 PM
He must have been some player 5 years ago. He leads the line so well and brings others into the game

Bob1875
10-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Tell you what, for an auld ****, he doesn't half put the effort in. He's certainly not just up here for a holiday.

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 11:56 PM
In the first half his reading of the header back to the keeper was brilliant.

RyeSloan
10-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Tell you what, for an auld ****, he doesn't half put the effort in. He's certainly not just up here for a holiday.

Totally...he clearly knows no other way!

Reminds me a bit of Mixu in terms of his physicality and has made a real difference to the balance of the team.

To win the war first you must win the battle and Holt sure as hell gives it his all [emoji106]

jacomo
11-03-2017, 12:00 AM
He must have been some player 5 years ago. He leads the line so well and brings others into the game

He was at Norwich. He was very good and scored plenty.

superfurryhibby
11-03-2017, 12:02 AM
He's still a fat bassa and cannae jump, but he is also a warrior, I'll grant him that. Would love him to score a few more goals, think his effort deserves more reward.

The Harp Awakes
11-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Becoming a cult hero at Hibs. He's the type of player we lacked in our timid years.

supershotmo
11-03-2017, 12:11 AM
First person on the team sheet every week.

GreenCastle
11-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Love the guy! Another fantastic performance- as said above - stepping up in the big games and seriously playing his part to keep us winning and top of the league.

JackLadd
11-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Worth another deal for the prem imo.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Love the big man.

Added to his qualities in an attacking sense he's often on the right place at the right time when defending corners as well.

CMurdoch
11-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Worth another deal for the prem imo.

I like the guy and he has been exceptional in every game since the QOS game.
However, he will be 36 in a months time so IMO not a good idea to give him a new contract to play in the league above given he will be on decent money.

Still Smiling
11-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Has a football brain and experience. Should play the first hour of every game.

Mikey09
11-03-2017, 12:37 AM
It's at the business end of the season that Hibs will reap the benefits of Holts experience. Big strong lad with a strong mentality. And to win leagues you need guys with the latter.

California-Hibs
11-03-2017, 12:46 AM
No doubt about it that we play better as a team when he's in the first 11. Looking forward to him noising up the Aberdeen defense already

yonder1875
11-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Love you Holt

Aldo
11-03-2017, 07:47 AM
I'd give him another year once promoted.

H18 SFR
11-03-2017, 07:50 AM
I'd give him another year once promoted.

100% agree with this. I'd take Kenny Miller too, they can share the burden of leading the line over the course of the season.

PompeyHibs
11-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Superb again tonight

Fergos
11-03-2017, 08:02 AM
The Incredible Holt - a leader & warrior!

Class from the big man last night again.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I'd give him a year in the Prem.

eastcoasthibby
11-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Its not just what he brings on the park which is clear to see, he seems to be an influential character off it and at training ..just thinking about how well he talks in interviews, have heard a few players reference help he gives them at training, he seems to get His and relates to fans ...if we go up I would give him a contract and look to take advantage of all his experience with playing alongside coaching as well ..think his winning and footballing mentality fits well with Lennon's !!! Love big Holty ..he needs a song could see him singing along to it !!!

calumhibee1
11-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Maybe not quite as good last night as he had been previous weeks but still a solid 7 out of 10 last night. The big man has been our stand out player over the last month or so. :agree: On current form I can't actually think of a Hibs forward in my lifetime that has been such an effective battering ram.

wookie70
11-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Worked hard again but I thought he played ok at best. Nice touch for the goal but gave the ball away often and never created much. Never looked like scoring again. No idea how he picked up a booking as he did nothing wrong and did well to stay calm. I was watching on TV so might not have seen some of the work he was doing off camera to be fair.

SMAXXA
11-03-2017, 09:57 AM
You see a notable difference when he goes off for graham who I don't think is good enough

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 10:00 AM
I doubt he will get a new deal because we are still not scoring enough goals and that will need fixed for next season. It's not going to be fixed with our current players so some will have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
11-03-2017, 10:09 AM
You see a notable difference when he goes off for graham who I don't think is good enough Thought Graham has done well for the last couple of Cameo performances. Not sure he is the answer either though.

Slavers
11-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Would off load Graham, sign Holt for another year, get Kenny Miller in next season and promote Oli Shaw into the 1st team squad. Holt, Miller, Cummings, Keatings & Shaw next season for striking options.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Would off load Graham, sign Holt for another year, get Kenny Miller in next season and promote Oli Shaw into the 1st team squad. Holt, Miller, Cummings, Keatings & Shaw next season for striking options.

Keatings is out of contract as well. I doubt he will be offered a new one either.

hibsbollah
11-03-2017, 10:29 AM

Youre forgetting Sparky will be back here next season :agree:

Smartie
11-03-2017, 11:01 AM
You see a notable difference when he goes off for graham who I don't think is good enough

I tend to agree although last night I thought the change was made at the right time and that Graham did exactly what we were looking for him to do when he went on.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Huge presence for us, highly under praised, miss him when he doesn't play:flag:

InchHibby
11-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Its not just what he brings on the park which is clear to see, he seems to be an influential character off it and at training ..just thinking about how well he talks in interviews, have heard a few players reference help he gives them at training, he seems to get His and relates to fans ...if we go up I would give him a contract and look to take advantage of all his experience with playing alongside coaching as well ..think his winning and footballing mentality fits well with Lennon's !!! Love big Holty ..he needs a song could see him singing along to it !!!

Agree with this totally:thumbsup:

tamig
11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
I like the guy and he has been exceptional in every game since the QOS game.
However, he will be 36 in a months time so IMO not a good idea to give him a new contract to play in the league above given he will be on decent money.

I'm not really sure what age has to do with anything. Kenny Miller is older and is still doing it in the top league. If Grant Holt wants to stay and help us when we go up, and if he is still capable, I'd be delighted. Nothing to do with age sorry.

Haymaker
11-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Youre forgetting Sparky will be back here next season :agree:

:hyper

Smartie
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
I didn't think he was as good last night as he has been recently but he still did well.

Holt is currently our most important player, the difference between when he is in and out of the side is drastic.

Smartie
11-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm not really sure what age has to do with anything. Kenny Miller is older and is still doing it in the top league. If Grant Holt wants to stay and help us when we go up, and if he is still capable, I'd be delighted. Nothing to do with age sorry.

I also seem to remember thinking Mixu couldn't have much left in him about 5 years before he eventually called it a day.

Between this year and next, what physical attributes does Holt have now that are likely to diminish? He's not got pace to lose.

His importance to the side is such that if he wants to stay, a new contract is a no-brainer.

ian cruise
11-03-2017, 11:45 AM
He's still a fat bassa and cannae jump, but he is also a warrior, I'll grant him that. Would love him to score a few more goals, think his effort deserves more reward.

He's stocky but I dint think he's fat, you just need to look at the turn of speed he has when he needs it, put it this way I wouldn't want to be in front of him. Was watching the game with the Mrs who doesn't really do football and she likened his physique to a rugby player rather than what you automatically associate with a footballer.

As for his jumping ability, he can when he needs to but he rarely does as he positions himself to let the ball come to his chest or feet. I'd love it if he had a few more goals as that's what strikers are judged on and I feel he deserves it given the effort he puts in but he's been integral to our position at the top of the league.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 11:52 AM
I'd like us to be looking at signing someone like Stevie May next season. Would be decent partner for Cummings as well as being able to score goals. Only 24 as well.

matty_f
11-03-2017, 12:06 PM
I love players like Holt. He's been great for us this season.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2017, 12:13 PM
I love players like Holt. He's been great for us this season.

Ditto:top marks

One Day Soon
11-03-2017, 12:16 PM
First person on the team sheet every week.

It's a testament to how far we've come that there are a number of players you'd find it hard to choose between for that.

The Leith Dutch
11-03-2017, 12:25 PM
It's a testament to how far we've come that there are a number of players you'd find it hard to choose between for that.

Except for in the immediate aftermath of a draw on here when they're all gutless imposters and we need to sign a whole new team :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
11-03-2017, 12:31 PM
I tend to agree although last night I thought the change was made at the right time and that Graham did exactly what we were looking for him to do when he went on.

Completely agree.

I think folk need to remember that Graham is probably our 5th choice striker overall (granted Boyle is playing on the wing right now but I'd still start him up front before Graham).
He does a pretty good job from that perspective.
Scores a couple here and there and tends to understand his role in the team.

Also, I think our crosses are generally pretty poor and he looks like a guy who's game is built around getting on the end of crosses.