PDA

View Full Version : Kick the guests please

seanshow
10-03-2017, 10:28 PM
:aok:

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Guests were punted hours ago, we're looking into the issues now.

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Seems after a win the site grinds to a halt. I've had issues for a while now. Hopefully you guys can get it sorted 👍🏼

Oscar T Grouch
10-03-2017, 10:40 PM
It seems to be the match thread. It's disappeared and the sites running fine again. Well done to whomever found the issue at this time of night!!

HNA2
10-03-2017, 10:40 PM
We have soft deleted the match thread for now. We suspect someone has a rogue post but we cant get on to see it either.

is there and improvement for you guys?

Hibby70
10-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Here's me thinking that it's because I'm somewhere I darkest Fife on the train to everywhere

FranckSuzy
We have soft deleted the match thread for now. We suspect someone has a rogue post but we cant get on to see it either.

Much better :aok:

Oscar T Grouch

Yeah it's definitely better. 👍🏻

HNA2
10-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Good stuff, we can only apologise. Its as frustrating for us as is it you

Jim44
10-03-2017, 10:49 PM
I think you'll find that guests have been kicked, but the website still can't cope. It's the same every time there are moments of controversy, delight and a desire to interact with fellow punters, especially after games. I feel really guilty and ungrateful saying this as I think it's a great message board with good management and contributors, but, this problem has gone on for years. I'm not technically minded, but surely there is a way round this constant problem. We laugh at other message boards crashing but ours is just as bad. I would guess that 99% of the time we have more available bandwidth than we need, so is there no way we can tweak the technology to cope with quiet periods and busy periods? This is probably a ridiculous suggestion but it is borne out of desperation and frustration. :greengrin

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Good stuff, we can only apologise. Its as frustrating for us as is it you

Indeed, that wasn't how I'd planned to spend my Friday night :greengrin

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 10:52 PM
I think you'll find that guests have been kicked, but the website still can't cope. It's the same every time there are moments of controversy, delight and a desire to interact with fellow punters, especially after games. I feel really guilty and ungrateful saying this as I think it's a great message board with good management and contributors, but, this problem has gone on for years. I'm not technically minded, but surely there is a way round this constant problem. We laugh at other message boards crashing but ours is just as bad. I would guess that 99% of the time we have more available bandwidth than we need, so is there no way we can tweak the technology to cope with quiet periods and busy periods? This is probably a ridiculous suggestion but it is borne out of desperation and frustration. :greengrin

I think you'll find that the issues have nothing to do with how many people are online or bandwidth.

You'll see above that we think it was a rogue post causing the issues.

Mantis Toboggan
10-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I think you'll find that the issues have nothing to do with how many people are online or bandwidth.

Is that why the match thread got deleted?
(Not trying to be smart, genuinely asking)

Hillsidehibby
10-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Can I ask where is the server located?

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Is that why the match thread got deleted?
(Not trying to be smart, genuinely asking)

:agree:

We're still looking into exactly what caused it but at the moment deleting the thread seems to have fixed things

Jim44
10-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Fair enough, but I enjoyed getting it off my chest! No offence intended. :aok:

HNA2
10-03-2017, 10:57 PM

The only way we could possibly deal with posts that do this is to have to verify every post before it goes on the board, I for one dont fancy doing that especially on a match day when im trying to watch the game and everybody wants quick updates but you crack on and find a better solution. Ive just spent as long as you were trying to read the board,trying to find the solution to the problem while messaging other admins that i knew were still awake, its almost midnight but weve solved the problem. Weve already apologised and if theres a solution im sure we will find it. Its nothing to do with bandwidth. It doesnt happen every time theres controversy, delight or desire at all.
I apologise for my grumpiness but its equally borne out of frustration

Mantis Toboggan
10-03-2017, 10:59 PM

We're still looking into exactly what caused it but at the moment deleting the thread seems to have fixed things

Thanks.
You guys do great work and thats probably not said often enough amongst all the robust chat.

Carheenlea
10-03-2017, 11:24 PM
I hope the match thread can be put back up at some point - miss reading through it after returning from a great win like tonight!

iwasthere1972
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Couldn't get on so went away and watched a double dose of Coronation Street. All okay now. :aok:

CMurdoch
10-03-2017, 11:53 PM
The only way we could possibly deal with posts that do this is to have to verify every post before it goes on the board, I for one dont fancy doing that especially on a match day when im trying to watch the game and everybody wants quick updates but you crack on and find a better solution. Ive just spent as long as you were trying to read the board,trying to find the solution to the problem while messaging other admins that i knew were still awake, its almost midnight but weve solved the problem. Weve already apologised and if theres a solution im sure we will find it. Its nothing to do with bandwidth. It doesnt happen every time theres controversy, delight or desire at all.
I apologise for my grumpiness but its equally borne out of frustration

Genuine thanks for your hard work :aok:

CMurdoch
11-03-2017, 12:05 AM

Brilliant, I could never have worked it out in a million years.

hibee_girl
11-03-2017, 07:56 AM
I hope the match thread can be put back up at some point - miss reading through it after returning from a great win like tonight!

If it can be then it will be put back :greengrin