PDA

View Full Version : BBC sport live reporting closing remark

kenny-55
10-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Last comment on sport live reporting For now, though, our live coverage will close until tomorrow's five Premiership fixturesJoin us then for more yellow cards, red cards and hopefully more goals and better quality play!Cheeky barstewards 😱😱😱

Jim44
10-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Last comment on sport live reporting For now, though, our live coverage will close until tomorrow's five Premiership fixturesJoin us then for more yellow cards, red cards and hopefully more goals and better quality play!Cheeky barstewards 😱😱😱

Paranoia aside, they may not have an agenda, but nobody will ever convince me that Hibs and, to a lesser extent, other select clubs are set up for ridicule, indifference and dismissal. They can't help themselves.

RoYO!
10-03-2017, 11:35 PM
I wonder if they reckon they saw more quality play in the Dons v Partick game?! That was truly dire!

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 11:37 PM
I think the BBC is rubbish, but I can't get wound up by that.

Hillsidehibby
10-03-2017, 11:43 PM
That game tonight apart from my obvious bias was better than any game I have seen from the so called premier league.
The standard is pish.

Deansy
11-03-2017, 12:35 AM
When I was a child my parents, family, neighbours etc all believed that the BBC was the ONLY media-outlet that could be trusted.

The internet has proved what a**e-holes my parents, family and neighbours were.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2017, 06:02 AM
When I was a child my parents, family, neighbours etc all believed that the BBC was the ONLY media-outlet that could be trusted.

lol brilliant

ronaldo7
11-03-2017, 06:36 AM

:tee hee::aok:

Eyrie
11-03-2017, 11:43 AM

The BBC today is a very different broadcaster to thirty or forty years ago.

It's now full of journalists giving their opinion rather than straight reporting of the facts and I wouldn't regard it as being more factual or less selective than any other media outlet.

Glory Lurker
11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
It's now full of journalists giving their opinion rather than straight reporting of the facts and I wouldn't regard it as being more factual or less selective than any other media outlet.

:agree: but with the added bonus that we have to pay for it under pain of getting the jail :rolleyes:

ekhibee
11-03-2017, 11:54 AM
The BBC today is a very different broadcaster to thirty or forty years ago.

Totally agree with this.

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Never listened or watched the BBC in years. A totally discredited organisation for many reasons.

The opinion of one of its broadcaster's is utterly irrelevant.

SlickShoes
11-03-2017, 06:13 PM
I didn't believe the bias stuff until last year leading up to the cup final, we had failed at promotion again and lost the league cup in the dying seconds, the pundits were loving it and they were all set up for more hibs pish taking until Liam Henderson delivered and shut them up... for a while at least.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 06:39 PM
What a bunch of sensitive cry babies we've become. Last night was hardly a tiki-taka masterpiece.

Gatecrasher
11-03-2017, 07:09 PM
What a bunch of sensitive cry babies we've become. Last night was hardly a tiki-taka masterpiece.
:agree: last night was fun to watch but there was little quality on show apart from a few flashes.

PatHead
11-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Don't believe the BBC of thirty years ago was any better. Full of oxbridge types punting the government agenda. Regarding sport they have always had their favourites. Usually from Glasgow in Scotland.

gordonced18
11-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Do we really care what the BBC think.....3pts is 3pts.....The knob$ they pay to spout pi$h can ram their opinions.....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

scooby
11-03-2017, 08:39 PM
I don't buy newspapers and never watch the news on TV, it's simply mind control for the masses.
If I want a fix of wind and pish I read kickback.

heretoday
11-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Bring back Bob Crampsey.

Bishop Hibee
11-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Don't believe the BBC of thirty years ago was any better. Full of oxbridge types punting the government agenda. Regarding sport they have always had their favourites. Usually from Glasgow in Scotland.

Correct. Every news report has an agenda behind it. I'm no fan of the Torygraph but they were the only ones to break the Westminster expenses scandal. The Guardian wasn't interested.

Back to football, until BBC Scotland gets more money and autonomy the coverage of Scottish sport will remain poor.

O'Rourke3
11-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Correct. Every news report has an agenda behind it. I'm no fan of the Torygraph but they were the only ones to break the Westminster expenses scandal. The Guardian wasn't interested.

Back to football, until BBC Scotland gets more money and autonomy the coverage of Scottish sport will remain poor.

Hmmmm that implies everyone in the press knew something
was going on. My reading on the scope and scale of the Telegraph story was in fact good old fashioned Investigative Journalism. The surprise was the title that exposed the issue.