PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Lennon

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Got everything right again tonight. Tremendous performance.

His interview on BT was brilliant, love the way he speaks about Cummings.

Canon Hannan
10-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Lennon is a different class 🇳🇬💚☘🇳🇬💚☘

swordin3
10-03-2017, 10:51 PM
HE DESERVES TO HAVE A SONG C'MON
LENNY ONE OF OUR OWN ,LENNY ONE OF OUR OWN.
:flag::flag::flag:

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Never seen a Hibs manager more visibly committed to the cause. It's like he wants to physically drag the team back into the premier. The Scottish Cup win shed the lovable losers tag. Now Lennon is making us hard barstewards.

Hi Heid Yin
10-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Another brilliant piece of management from Lennon.
He got his tactics and team spot on.

Bob1875
10-03-2017, 10:53 PM

Calm yourself.

Michael
10-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Any clips of the interview?

CathroMustStay
10-03-2017, 11:45 PM
ONE NEIL LENNON! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Carheenlea
10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-my-team-were-magnificent-in-tannadice-win-1-4389379

Interview in print from the manager. Speaks with great passion

Hillsidehibby
10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Never seen a Hibs manager more visibly committed to the cause. It's like he wants to physically drag the team back into the premier. The Scottish Cup win shed the lovable losers tag. Now Lennon is making us hard barstewards.

Isn't he just. DU tried in the second half to bully us. Didn't happen. How many times did it happen back in the day?

JackLadd
10-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Hope he is our manager for a long time, team plays at 100%, no passengers.

The Harp Awakes
11-03-2017, 12:06 AM
A Winner.

houstonhibbee
11-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Lennon is a different class 🇳🇬💚☘🇳🇬💚☘
you must be such boring company......assuming you have any friends. Is that all you can talk about?

Enough said
11-03-2017, 06:07 AM
you must be such boring company......assuming you have any friends. Is that all you can talk about?

?????

Canon Hannan
11-03-2017, 06:25 AM
ONE NEIL LENNON! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I am so happy we have a gentleman in charge who will make us winners.

Heisenberg
11-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Yes we dropped silly points in the last four games vs lower half teams but as much as those results annoyed me the Hearts games clearly had a huge impact on the squad. There's no doubt he's made us tougher to beat.

PompeyHibs
11-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Lennon is quality. He will get the players over the line and maybe even into another cup final

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 09:12 AM
A great win last night but let's not be going over board here, we won 3pts out of 12 against the bottom 4 teams before last nights win. :confused: He will become a great manager in my eyes when he brings us a cup and league double.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2017, 09:30 AM
That's the spirit :confused:

Heisenberg
11-03-2017, 09:44 AM
A great win last night but let's not be going over board here, we won 3pts out of 12 against the bottom 4 teams before last nights win. :confused: He will become a great manager in my eyes when he brings us a cup and league double.

A cup and league double? Seriously?

Stubbs was a massive failure in the league for us but is still a legend for winning the cup. It seems some folk just won't like Lennon no matter what. Some results have been poor this season, no worse than under Stubbs may I add, but he's still got us top of the league and has just won what could be classed as our biggest game of the season so far.

PatHead
11-03-2017, 09:55 AM

Stubbs was a massive failure in the league for us but is still a legend for winning the cup. It seems some folk just won't like Lennon no matter what. Some results have been poor this season, no worse than under Stubbs may I add, but he's still got us top of the league and has just won what could be classed as our biggest game of the season so far.
Why not ? We only need to win 4 games at most, as long as Falkirk are one of them, then two cup ties.

High-On-Hibs
11-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Good interview. But have no doubt he'll be going mental at Cummings in the dressing room.

Let's just get over the line, before we say we're over the line eh.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Stubbs was by no stretch of anyone's imagination a massive failure in the league given the hand he was dealt in his first season and the mitigating circumstances in his second. I don't think we're on course to match last seasons points total and our home form has been abysmal.

We were massive favourites to win the league and rightly so, it should have been well wrapped up before now.

pacoluna
11-03-2017, 10:07 AM

We know your view, your all over posts like a rash when we drop points . You don't like lennon.. so what your in the minority, bye now

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2017, 10:09 AM

Check the title of the thread and then check your post.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 10:13 AM
We know your view, your all over posts like a rash when we drop points . You don't like lennon.. so what your in the minority, bye now

i think you have me mixed up with someone else, I've said relatively NOTHING about our failures in the last 4 games before last night until today, I've been as gutted as the next Hibs fan.

I want him to succeed for obvious reasons and yes I didn't like him as a player or a manager so what ?

BTW some of your posts are WOTT in their criticism of players and you're in a minority also, bye now :aok:

Brads Laing
11-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Stubbs was by no stretch of anyone's imagination a massive failure in the league given the hand he was dealt in his first season and the mitigating circumstances in his second. I don't think we're on course to match last seasons points total and our home form has been abysmal.

We were massive favourites to win the league and rightly so, it should have been well wrapped up before now.

We're on 54 points with 9 games to go, last season we finished on 70. You don't think we're going to get 17 points out of 27?

InchHibby
11-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Give yer self a shake, have a word with your negative side, posts like this deserve to be ignored.
Ten points clear, semi final of the Scottish Cup, all on the back off a horrendous injury list to four or five key players over the last few months. The man is a great manager and has proved he is long before he came to us. Have your say by all means, but try and be a tad more positive, especially when it's deserved.

Hibby Bairn
11-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Isn't he just. DU tried in the second half to bully us. Didn't happen. How many times did it happen back in the day?

Certainly no boy band members now.

One Day Soon
11-03-2017, 10:43 AM
There's pretty much nothing I don't love about this guy.

His commitment, his attitude, his sense of humour, his revelling in managing us, his growing appreciation of the club, his clear delight in and affection for our excellent supporters, the way he wants us to play, even - or perhaps especially - his willingness to talk about coping with depression. In almost every way he's been there, seen it and done it and with us he has a club where football comes first rather than the madness of the Old Firm. On those occasions when he's been Sunshine on Leithed by the Hibernian choir he's looked impressed and visibly moved.

I honestly think Hibernian FC and Neil Lennon are a perfect fit. I've said it before and will say it again, if he decides to stay with this club for the long haul - more than 5 years say - then I think he can perform things that build an institution consistently performing up to and well beyond its potential.

Let's hope he gets us up and the adventure continues.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Stubbs was a massive failure in the league for us but is still a legend for winning the cup. It seems some folk just won't like Lennon no matter what. Some results have been poor this season, no worse than under Stubbs may I add, but he's still got us top of the league and has just won what could be classed as our biggest game of the season so far.Stubbs made watching Hibs home and away enjoyable again. He wasn't a massive failure in the league at all.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I've always liked Neil Lennon, both as a player and as as person.

I really hope he gets it right. There have been plenty dodgy performances and results this season but his objective was to get us up and we are well on course to do that. I still think he has a relatively big job in the summer to make the changes required to make us competitive in the Premiership. Hopefully he has the ability to do it.

Carheenlea
11-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Neil Lennon and Hibs just seems to be a good fit. I can see him here for a few seasons.

One Day Soon
11-03-2017, 10:53 AM

I really hope he gets it right. There have been plenty dodgy performances and results this season but his objective was to get us up and we are well on course to do that. I still think he has a relatively big job in the summer to make the changes required to make us competitive in the Premiership. Hopefully he has the ability to do it.

Totally agree PB. He's got a winner's mentality, grit and intelligence.

147lothian
11-03-2017, 11:49 AM

I couldn't agree more, I think its time we started hearing

Neil Lennon's Green and White Army!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 11:53 AM

Totally agree. Really honest, intelligent and passionate which IMO is a good fit as a Hibs manager.

CentreLine
11-03-2017, 12:48 PM

His commitment, his attitude, his sense of humour, his revelling in managing us, his growing appreciation of the club, his clear delight in and affection for our excellent supporters, the way he wants us to play, even - or perhaps especially - his willingness to talk about coping with depression. In almost every way he's been there, seen it and done it and with us he has a club where football comes first rather than the madness of the Old Firm. On those occasions when he's been Sunshine on Leithed by the Hibernian choir he's looked impressed and visibly moved.

I honestly think Hibernian FC and Neil Lennon are a perfect fit. I've said it before and will say it again, if he decides to stay with this club for the long haul - more than 5 years say - then I think he can perform things that build an institution consistently performing up to and well beyond its potential.

Sums it up perfectly. I think there are a significant number of trolls around at the moment as well as some who cannot see the woods for the trees. They are trying desperately to make it sound as if there is general discontent where it is in their own minds. The smiles on faces at games tells a different story and there is a whole management team at our club responsible for that.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Got it right last night both in his team selection and the spirit of the team which was spot on for the 90 minutes .... he will want more consistency in the bog standard league games and if there's one thing that's best about him its his refusal to accept standards dropping, especially from a team he knows has what it takes, hence his roasting of the team after the Raith Rovers game.

If we had lost last night this board would have been a very different place this morning and if you ask me Lennon's popularity will go up and down with the results .... at the moment I like him very much :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2017, 01:15 PM

OK mate, give us a clue .... what was it about that post that prompted you to rip into him like that?

Tinribs
11-03-2017, 02:07 PM
OK mate, give us a clue .... what was it about that post that prompted you to rip into him like that?

Was wondering that myself, I suspect he was replying to some other thread and maybe hit the back button or something..

Canon Hannan
11-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Was wondering that myself, I suspect he was replying to some other thread and maybe hit the back button or something..

Houston is a Hun troll along with Sir David of Gray. They hate Lennon and their sectarian behaviour is clear to see. Neil loves Hibs and said that in person to my mate years ago. It's a good fit as people are saying here. A gent and great manager at our club.

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2017, 05:45 PM
here we go

oops, wrong thread

Wembley67
11-03-2017, 05:55 PM
I love his commitment I still cannot stand the man though, even if he wins the next 5 scottish cups with us I still won't be able to warm to him that much (although a small candle has started to warm my ice cold toes)

MrSmith
11-03-2017, 06:04 PM
I've been won over by NL and also think he is a good fit for us however, I think if he achieves promotion then, he'll be off. Success with us will raise his equity and I'm sure he'll not want to jeopardise it with a poor season in the SPL. Just a feeling, no more to add.

Johnny Clash
11-03-2017, 06:06 PM
I love his commitment I still cannot stand the man though, even if he wins the next 5 scottish cups with us I still won't be able to warm to him that much (although a small candle has started to warm my ice cold toes)

you can't stand the man? I take it you must know him quite well then ? Met him a few times have you? He seems fine to me.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 06:08 PM
I've been won over by NL and also think he is a good fit for us however, I think if he achieves promotion then, he'll be off. Success with us will raise his equity and I'm sure he'll not want to jeopardise it with a poor season in the SPL. Just a feeling, no more to add.

I think you're spot on. He saw us as a sure fire thing to win the league, get us promoted and keep himself in the shop window. I think he'll be off at the first offer.

Scorrie
11-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Sums it up perfectly for me. Lennon is a winner and wants his teams to be winners too. It's been a long time since we had this bit of backbone.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 06:13 PM

If you met the chap and got to know how him, instead of relying on the prejudices of yourself and others to dictate your view, you would see things differently.

matty_f
11-03-2017, 06:17 PM
I love Lennon, I think he's exactly what we needed after Stubbs (who I also loved, to be fair). Lennon seems happy at Hibs, knows his dressing room and clearly has the players playing for him.

What's not to love?

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2017, 06:43 PM
The offers will come in for him, that much is obvious.

Unless it's a decent sized club with realistic ambitions I don't think he'll be off as quick as some are suggesting.

He clearly loves it here and feels a bond with the club. We are so so lucky to have a manager that actually feels something for us and doesn't just see us as another job.

Every time I hear him speak he says exactly the right things and he's shown how to get the best out of a fairly average squad.

He changed the mentality of our club and added that much needed steel we've all talked about almost instantly.

Probably my favourite Hibs manager. Will definitely top the list when he retains the cup for us :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 07:45 PM
I think you're spot on. He saw us as a sure fire thing to win the league, get us promoted and keep himself in the shop window. I think he'll be off at the first offer.

Charmer, maybe Paul Hanlon could then be player manager.

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 07:46 PM

Wow. Incredible, based on what?

stoneyburn hibs
11-03-2017, 07:56 PM
I never really had an opinion on NL, or listened to much of what he had to say before he came to Hibs. He's grew on me with each passing week and I'm impressed that we have a passionate and articulate man in charge.
He seems to be well settled in now and I really hope he's here for the next season.

brog
11-03-2017, 08:20 PM
TBH I'm not sure why we feel the need to compare AS & NL. Why not just accept the fact that we've been blessed to have 2 outstanding managers taking charge of a team in the wrong division. Anyone however who describes AS as a massive failure, in any situation, really needs to have a long, serious look at themself.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2017, 08:37 PM
TBH I'm not sure why we feel the need to compare AS & NL. Why not just accept the fact that we've been blessed to have 2 outstanding managers taking charge of a team in the wrong division. Anyone however who describes AS as a massive failure, in any situation, really needs to have a long, serious look at themself.

Stubbs and Lennon, albeit in their radically different ways, look like being two of the most successful managers in the history of the club.

If anybody thinks ending a Scottish Cup drought on 114 years is unimportant, ask them when we last got 15,000 against Dumbarton, Raith and Ayr etc, in the second tier of Scottish football.

Lago
11-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Off at the first offer, your wrong.

ancient hibee
11-03-2017, 09:10 PM
So if Motherwell want him he'll go will he?

Tamhere1875
11-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Neil Lennon is what we have needed at Hibs for years " A WINNER "

pacoluna
11-03-2017, 09:30 PM

Like stubbs?

Alex Trager
11-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Has anyone got a link to his post match Interview

wookie70
11-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Great result last night but not sure we are quite into the Brilliant category yet. I think he is hovering above pass marks at the moment. The team were really up for it last night but that hasn't been an issue in big games for a couple of seasons. He has said himself that it is the games against teams lower in the league that there is an issue and we have yet to see any positive reaction to his outburst against the teams well below in the league, we may have actually got worse since then.

There is no doubt Lennon is a passionate individual, he talks well about the game and is also self critical. I never paid much attention to him before the Hibs job but he is certainly the kind of man I would like to lead Hibs. I'll accept a few outbusts and sending to the stands(makes it difficult for him to have a go at the players lacking discipline though) if that passion transfers to the players. Lots to be happy about with Lennon but in my opinion he is a C+ at present. He inherited the bulk of a Cup Winning team and the biggest budget in the league. Level par is winning the league with a wee bit to spare and that is where we are. Knocked out early in 3 cup competitions but doing well in the Scottish, again a bit better than plus marks and he hasn't finished his exam yet. The next month or so will potentially make a big difference to my view on him. I'm hoping he starts to move up to a B and then finishes the season with an A+ and a couple of trophies in the cabinet. I won't be to disappointed with pass marks though and would certainly want to give him a shot to see how he did in the top league.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Sums it up perfectly. I think there are a significant number of trolls around at the moment as well as some who cannot see the woods for the trees. They are trying desperately to make it sound as if there is general discontent where it is in their own minds. The smiles on faces at games tells a different story and there is a whole management team at our club responsible for that.

I think a little reality check is in order here don't you?

No one is suggesting there is discontent but some posters are going a little overboard in their praise for him here. I have left ER 6 times this season with a smile on my face, the other 6 were a major disappointment to say the least, not just with the results but his team selection.

We are stuttering over the line to the title or are you forgetting our previous 4 games before last night against the then bottom 4 ? This league could and should have been well wrapped up by now.

Despite anyone's personal opinion of the guy ALL genuine Hibs fans want him to do well, that goes without saying but he's certainly not beyond criticism it's a public forum ffs.

HappyAsHellas
12-03-2017, 12:26 AM

No one is suggesting there is discontent but some posters are going a little overboard in their praise for him here. I have left ER 6 times this season with a smile on my face, the other 6 were a major disappointment to say the least, not just with the results but his team selection.

We are stuttering over the line to the title or are you forgetting our previous 4 games before last night against the then bottom 4 ? This league could and should have been well wrapped up by now.

Despite anyone's personal opinion of the guy ALL genuine Hibs fans want him to do well, that goes without saying but he's certainly not beyond criticism it's a public forum ffs.

Whilst I agree to an extent of what you're saying here, surely a large proportion of the blame must lie at the feet of the players themselves? I admire Lennon's passion and determination but feel that sometimes the players just don't seem to understand that every game is a must win situation. Next season will be Lennon's defining one as he will have his team on the park, not one he inherited. I hope it's a bloody good one.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Whilst I agree to an extent of what you're saying here, surely a large proportion of the blame must lie at the feet of the players themselves? I admire Lennon's passion and determination but feel that sometimes the players just don't seem to understand that every game is a must win situation. Next season will be Lennon's defining one as he will have his team on the park, not one he inherited. I hope it's a bloody good one.

This is the crux of it. He inherited Stubbs team, which put him in a difficult position. A bunch of legends, but yet paradoxically not good enough to reach the top division. (They came up short twice.) He was constrained by having to go with what he had, and make modifications. Next season? Exactly as you say.

FilipinoHibs
12-03-2017, 01:22 AM
I was in the hate NL brigade of numpties until heard him speak about depressiin on a radio programme. Very intelligent and sensitive human being. We are lucky to have him. Yes a lot of orange trolls on here.

Lago
12-03-2017, 09:41 AM

And some are going over board in continually condemning him.

Alex Trager
12-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Woke up this morning feeling fine, another trip to Hampden on my mind!
Lenny's got the hibees playing the way hibees should, oh yeahhh.
Something tells me we're going for number twooo

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 10:10 AM
And some are going over board in continually condemning him.

And who is condemning him ?

Lewis Stevenson and Shinnie come in for some ridiculous abuse constantly on here, christ 1 poster even wrote SJM was the worst performance he has ever witnessed at ER. But point out that the praise for Lennon is a bit OTT and you are continually condemning him :faf::faf::faf: Ok then.

Northern Hibby
12-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Kaiser chiefs Ruby

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny, Lenny woh oh oh oh!

Betty Boop
12-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Five years seriously? Doubt he'll like going up against Rogers and Celtic somehow.

JimBHibees
12-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Five years seriously? Doubt he'll like going up against Rogers and Celtic somehow.

Why would he not want to come up against Celtic and Rogers he is Hibs manager and a winner. Would love that challenge.

JimBHibees
12-03-2017, 02:24 PM

The only measurement that matters is position. We are clear at the top and in the semi finals of the cup after dominating Hearts totally on the way there. On which parallel universe is any of that not good enough.

Jim44
12-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Woke up this morning feeling fine, another trip to Hampden on my mind!
Lenny's got the hibees playing the way hibees should, oh yeahhh.
Something tells me we're going for number twooo

Your a bit young for that old song are you not? Personally I couldn't stand Hermin's Hermits. :greengrin

jacomo
12-03-2017, 02:35 PM
The only measurement that matters is position. We are clear at the top and in the semi finals of the cup after dominating Hearts totally on the way there. On which parallel universe is any of that not good enough.

Ah, but if you were brought up on stories of the Famous Five and watched the Tornadoes then everything since is utter rubbish etc and so on...

Alex Trager
12-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Your a bit young for that old song are you not? Personally I couldn't stand Hermin's Hermits. :greengrin

Who's hermins hermits?

;)

CentreLine
12-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Who's hermins hermits?

;)

The Who ! Now they were a bit special. Never really had a problem with Pete Noone and the band though. Good light entertainment.
Regulars on Crackerjack CRACKERJACK! too

HFCdeb
12-03-2017, 03:44 PM
This is the crux of it. He inherited Stubbs team, which put him in a difficult position. A bunch of legends, but yet paradoxically not good enough to reach the top division. (They came up short twice.) He was constrained by having to go with what he had, and make modifications. Next season? Exactly as you say.

I second this.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Why would he not want to come up against Celtic and Rogers he is Hibs manager and a winner. Would love that challenge.

He'd love it. Rogers is no Alex Ferguson, easy to lord it up here over the trackside bookies when you are running the mega casino. Lennon and Hibs would have nothing to lose, and if they caught Celtic in a mood like they were today, could pull of an upset.

pacoluna
12-03-2017, 05:42 PM
And who is condemning him ?

Lewis Stevenson and Shinnie come in for some ridiculous abuse constantly on here, christ 1 poster even wrote SJM was the worst performance he has ever witnessed at ER. But point out that the praise for Lennon is a bit OTT and you are continually condemning him :faf::faf::faf: Ok then.
The praise aint over the top.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 06:22 PM
The praise aint over the top.

1 Dumbarton have scored more goals than us away from home with 2 games fewer played.

2 We have won 6 of our 12 games at home averaging 2 goals a game.

3 We have failed to beat Raith in 3 games, Ayr in 2 games at home, and St Mirren just beat us 2-0 and those are the bottom 4 clubs.

If you think that is worthy of praise then crack on boss.

I'm delighted we're top of the league and look like we will eventually win it but I think people like yourself are blinded by our desperation to get promoted. If we perform like this next season in the top division and Lennon is in charge I doubt there will be any praise coming his way.

kaimendhibs
12-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Really grown to.like Neil. He is a winner who seems to 'get' our club and fans.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
12-03-2017, 06:24 PM
1 Dumbarton have scored more goals than us away from home with 2 games fewer played.

3 We have failed to beat Raith in 3 games, Ayr in 2 games at home, and St Mirren just beat us 2-0 and those are the bottom 4 clubs.

I'm delighted we're top of the league and look like we will eventually win it but I think people like yourself are blinded by our desperation to get promoted. If we perform like this next season in the top division and Lennon is in charge I doubt there will be any praise coming his way.
You can second guess all you want, I will base my opinion on facts, league standing etc

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 06:29 PM
You can second guess all you want, I will base my opinion on facts, league standing etc

I just gave you the facts and not second guessing anyone or anything. Oh and we've also drawn a 3rd of our games, there's another fact for you. I hope for better in the run in and next season is all I'm saying.

greenlex
12-03-2017, 06:32 PM
I just gave you the facts and not second guessing anyone or anything. Oh and we've also drawn a 3rd of our games, there's another fact for you. I hope for better in the run in and next season is all I'm saying.Using a fact that Dumbarton have scored more goals than us in less games is actually quite meaningless. Our away from is second to none. Strange stat to beat Lennon up about.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2017, 06:32 PM

Great wee tune, good lyrics, hope it catches on

Mr White
12-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Dumbarton have scored more goals than us away from home with 2 games fewer played.

Dumbarton have indeed scored 3 more goals away from home than us but...

They've been leaking them like a sieve at the other end and have taken 12 points on the road to our 31. Stats eh? If you want a stick to beat NL with then away form ain't really the best one to pick :cb

bingo70
12-03-2017, 06:37 PM
I just gave you the facts and not second guessing anyone or anything. Oh and we've also drawn a 3rd of our games, there's another fact for you. I hope for better in the run in and next season is all I'm saying.

Interesting facts you gave tbf. I openly admit to changing my mind about him on an almost weekly basis and I still have a feeling him coming in for a year and us getting promoted would be a short term arrangement that suited both parties. There was a rumour when he joined it was actually a 1 year deal with an option on the second year, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

I like him just now but I have concerns about how we play but one thing you can't deny is that he gets us right up for the big games, I'm not sure how that would translate next season against the likes of partick, Ross county, st Johnstone etc.....

bingo70
12-03-2017, 06:39 PM

They've been leaking them like a sieve at the other end and have taken 12 points on the road to our 31. Stats eh? If you want a stick to beat NL with then away form ain't really the best one to pick :cb

Stats eh?!

I don't think we do score enough goals and his point goes some way to proving that.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 06:41 PM

I'm trying to bring a bit of perspective, the thread is entitled Brilliant lennon, I think he has been far from that thus far.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2017, 06:46 PM

If that bit i highlighted is true i personally find that truly staggering !!!

Mr White
12-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Stats eh?!

I don't think we do score enough goals and his point goes some way to proving that.

We don't score as much as I'd like no but we don't concede many either.

We're the only team to win at Tannadice in the league this season

We have the joint best defensive record in Scotland

We're 6 points clear at the top of the championship

We're in the cup semi final as holders.

That's my glass half-full response to Gail or whatever the **** they're calling themself this week's half empty stat based summary :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to bring a bit of perspective, the thread is entitled Brilliant lennon, I think he has been far from that thus far.

In big games he/Hibs have come through. We've struggled against rubbish and it has been frustrating. We play less attractive football under him than Stubbs, but we've more of the ruthless touch we need to get us out this division.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 06:53 PM
We don't score as much as I'd like no but we don't concede many either.

We're the only team to win at Tannadice in the league this season

We have the joint best defensive record in Scotland

We're 6 points clear at the top of the championship

We're in the cup semi final as holders.

That's my glass half-full response to Gail or whatever the **** they're calling themself this week's half full stat based summary :greengrin

Resorting to insults is a great response right enough:thumbsup:

Mr White
12-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Resorting to insults is a great response right enough:thumbsup:

Nothing insulting about it at all. You have had several usernames.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 06:55 PM
If that bit i highlighted is true i personally find that truly staggering !!!

So did I when it was pointed out to me.

cmcd
12-03-2017, 06:57 PM

I for one don't care how we play as long as we go up at the end of the season

gordonced18
12-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Every team in this league will fancy themselves at home to Dumbarton and set up accordingly..... None of them would be as adventurous against us so more difficult to break them all down....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Mr White
12-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Every team in this league will fancy themselves at home to Dumbarton and set up accordingly..... None of them would be as adventurous against us so more difficult to break them all down....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

It's a quirky stat but one that ultimately means nothing in the wider context of the league table.

Heisenberg
12-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Is that Dumbarton stat really something people are trying to use to batter Lennon? We have been well below par on a few occasions this season (as we were under Stubbs a number of times) but people seem to be picking some stats to suit their agenda. How many games away from home have Dumbarton won? Where are they in the league?

Lennon hasn't been astonishingly brilliant but he currently has us top of the league having just won our biggest match of the league season so far. I'm not his biggest fan but give him some credit where its due.

Mr White
12-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Is that Dumbarton stat really something people are trying to use to batter Lennon? We have been well below par on a few occasions this season (as we were under Stubbs a number of times) but people seem to be picking some stats to suit their agenda. How many games away from home have Dumbarton won? Where are they in the league?

Lennon hasn't been astonishingly brilliant but he currently has us top of the league having just won our biggest match of the league season so far. I'm not his biggest fan but give him some credit where its due.

:agree:

Dumbarton have won 3 games away from home and have conceded far more goals than they've scored in the process. A quirky stat nothing more. It's our home form that hasn't been up to scratch.

greenlex
12-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Make sure the praise isnt too gushing or you can expect to get pulled up about it.

bingo70
12-03-2017, 07:29 PM

No, just one person and in your last paragraph you pretty much agree with them.

He's doing what's been asked of him but it's not been all good this season and there's been a few times he's not been universally popular.

WhileTheChief..
12-03-2017, 07:32 PM
The results and performances are also down to the players, not just the manager.

I'm talking about Lennon in general. The way he talks about the game, his take on things, listening to him on 5 Live etc.

The passion, the winners mentality and everything else that he brings that isn't measured by points. Add all of that together and its clear that that we've got a cracking manager just now.

Feels like we've finally 'grown up' as a club and are being taken more seriously now as well. A lot of that is down to the Cup win but i think Lennon's presence is a huge part of it too.

Brilliant.

Shrekko
12-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Personally feel that he's done a fantastic job.

A lot of people looking at our league form under Stubbsy with rose tinted glasses. Many, many dire games due to the opposition sitting in- same as this year. Our best performances under Stubbs were in games where teams came at us- same as this year. You judge a manager on key games and Neil Lennon is coming up trumps big style outfoxing supposedly bright young managers like Cathro and McKinnon easily. Falkirk haven't had their way with us this year either- we're much smarter against that lot with a slightly weaker, at least on paper, squad.

NL seems to know where we need to improve and it can't all be done at once- I'm confident he'll get there. Just can't understand some of the negativity towards him.

greenlex
12-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Its also a thread and original post about Friday nights game rather than any other but, as you would say, you crack on with the negativity.

Super_JMcGinn
12-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Its also a thread and original post about Friday nights game rather than any other but, as you would say, you crack on with the negativity.

No one was more happier than me with Friday nights result :aok:

BullsCloseHibs
12-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Never doubted him from the start.

A brilliant manager and a brilliant human.

I love the guy! 😚

Baker9
13-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Never doubted him from the start.

A brilliant manager and a brilliant human.

I love the guy! 😚

I read his biography about 10? years ago and have just ordered a newer book about him written in 2011. No Hibs content but the first one gives a fascinating insight into our manager, what he has been through and how he dealt with it. I hope he is with us till he wants to retire or Leeann decides it is time for him to go.

Lago
13-03-2017, 08:44 AM
:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
13-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Heck of a way of showing it. Obviously have to switch your negativity from Paul Hanlon.

Look at the league table only stat that matters.

JimBHibees
13-03-2017, 09:06 AM

A lot of people looking at our league form under Stubbsy with rose tinted glasses. Many, many dire games due to the opposition sitting in- same as this year. Our best performances under Stubbs were in games where teams came at us- same as this year. You judge a manager on key games and Neil Lennon is coming up trumps big style outfoxing supposedly bright young managers like Cathro and McKinnon easily. Falkirk haven't had their way with us this year either- we're much smarter against that lot with a slightly weaker, at least on paper, squad.

NL seems to know where we need to improve and it can't all be done at once- I'm confident he'll get there. Just can't understand some of the negativity towards him.

Totally agree the negativity is from people who didnt like him at the start and are feverishly trying to find ways of justifying their opinion. They would love it if he fails.

Thecat23
13-03-2017, 09:11 AM

We're clear on top, we're on course to wrap up the league very soon so why you worried about next season when we have proven we can beat the likes of Hearts, Dons, ICT, St Johnstone etc..

Lennon is a very good manager and he's showing it by having us sitting exactly where we should be TOP!!

MrSmith
13-03-2017, 09:30 AM
We're clear on top, we're on course to wrap up the league very soon so why you worried about next season when we have proven we can beat the likes of Hearts, Dons, ICT, St Johnstone etc..

Lennon is a very good manager and he's showing it by having us sitting exactly where we should be TOP!!

I agree but I am worried about next season. Hoping he'll be still with us but not sure about that at all. I guess I'm just a pessimist waiting on the impending doom.

Super_JMcGinn
13-03-2017, 09:31 AM

I'm worried that if we play the kind of football we've been playing this season into next the fans will disappear like snow of a dyke. I hope to be proved wrong and we skoosh the league and Lennon goes into Hibernian folklore like Stubbsy before him.

MyJo
13-03-2017, 09:59 AM

Last season we had 8 losses and 7 draws, dropping 38 points against rangers, Dumbarton, Falkirk, QOTS, Raith, Alloa, St Mirren & Livingston.

This season we have had 3 losses and 9 draws so far, dropping 27 points against, Dundee United, Ayr, St Mirren, Falkirk, Raith, QOTS & Dunfermline.

unless we lose 4 of our remaining matches then Lennon will, statistically, have had a better season than either of Stubbs' league campaigns.

Super_JMcGinn
13-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Last season we had 8 losses and 7 draws, dropping 38 points against rangers, Dumbarton, Falkirk, QOTS, Raith, Alloa, St Mirren & Livingston.

This season we have had 3 losses and 9 draws so far, dropping 27 points against, Dundee United, Ayr, St Mirren, Falkirk, Raith, QOTS & Dunfermline.

unless we lose 4 of our remaining matches then Lennon will, statistically, have had a better season than either of Stubbs' league campaigns.

Comparing a rookie manager in his first appointment really doesn't stack up against someone of Lennon's credentials though. Not to mention the 2 cup finals in 1 season Stubbsy got us to.

Everyone fully expected him to have a better league campaign than Stubbsy, anything less would be a disaster.

Super_JMcGinn
13-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Totally agree the negativity is from people who didnt like him at the start and are feverishly trying to find ways of justifying their opinion. They would love it if he fails.

NO Hibs supporter wants him to fail Jim and I can't think you actually believe that. I don't like the guy but I'll gladly trade that for him being successful with us 100%.

KeithTheHibby
13-03-2017, 12:26 PM

What about the most important statistic that we are 6 points clear at the top with a game in hand?

While you make valid statements about how we have performed against the lesser teams I fail so see how you can place the blame solely at Lennon's door. The players have to take some of the blame in the same way they get the praise when they win the big games. I would imagine there is no-one more frustrated than NL that the results against the lesser teams have not been good enough.

KeithTheHibby
13-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I agree but I am worried about next season. Hoping he'll be still with us but not sure about that at all. I guess I'm just a pessimist waiting on the impending doom.

He is under contract and enjoying himself so why would he leave?

If his agenda is to move on to a bigger club then as far as I am concerned winning the league is only half the job. Having a successful season next year and by that I mean top 4 will go some way to him getting back to a higher level, not before it.

MrSmith
13-03-2017, 12:40 PM
He is under contract and enjoying himself so why would he leave?

If his agenda is to move on to a bigger club then as far as I am concerned winning the league is only half the job. Having a successful season next year and by that I mean top 4 will go some way to him getting back to a higher level, not before it.

As far as I'm aware, the contract is for one season with an option for next. I'll be clear in that I want him to stay but we have been the kinda poisoned chalice for a while now although we have lost it more and more lately, I just feel that for this type of manager, it is easier to get in and out on a high in case the SHTF and reduces equity.

wookie70
13-03-2017, 08:48 PM

Or if we continue to average 2 points a game as we are under Lennon we will get to 72 points. 2 more than Stubbs managed last year after dropping 6 against a far better funded club in The Rangers or the year before with Hearts and The Rangers in the League. At this point winning the league is far more important than how many points he gets us in a season but the amount of points is surely a decent barometer of how well he is doing as a manager of Hibs. No doubt Lennon is doing a decent job so far, long may it continue.

147lothian
14-03-2017, 07:08 PM
I don't like comparing Stubbs to Lennon because they are both very good managers that im glad we got, Lennon inherited Stubbs team but without Stokes and Henderson, but Lennon appears to be getting the best out of the players, he seems to have them playing for him and he gets them motivated in the right way for the big games, just look at how he publicly slated the players in particular Cummings and McGinn after the Raith game with an eye on the hertz replay, it was Lennon at his brilliant best, I hope we can keep Lennon for few years when were back in the spl because with Lennon's profile he can attract better players than the run of the mill managers and take Hibs to the next level

Onion
14-03-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't like comparing Stubbs to Lennon because they are both very good managers that im glad we got, Lennon inherited Stubbs team but without Stokes and Henderson, but Lennon appears to be getting the best out of the players, he seems to have them playing for him and he gets them motivated in the right way for the big games, just look at how he publicly slated the players in particular Cummings and McGinn after the Raith game with an eye on the hertz replay, it was Lennon at his brilliant best, I hope we can keep Lennon for few years when were back in the spl because with Lennon's profile he can attract better players than the run of the mill managers and take Hibs to the next level

Lennon's stock is questionable at this stage. Win the league with Hibs (as he should) and he starts to rebuild his credibility. Fail and that's probably him finished as a serious manager. Celtic ,who usually take our best managers, will not want to return to Lennon. Not sure he's suited to Sevco :confused:, so his only chance of bagging a bigger job would be back down south where he's not exactly shone. If he takes us up, I reckon he'll want to hang around ER for a year or two as the club will be on the up, good crowds and a bit of a challenge for NL. After that, who knows.

Mr White
14-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Lennon's stock is questionable at this stage. Win the league with Hibs (as he should) and he starts to rebuild his credibility. Fail and that's probably him finished as a serious manager. Celtic ,who usually take our best managers, will not want to return to Lennon. Not sure he's suited to Sevco :confused:, so his only chance of bagging a bigger job would be back down south where he's not exactly shone. If he takes us up, I reckon he'll want to hang around ER for a year or two as the club will be on the up, good crowds and a bit of a challenge for NL. After that, who knows.
I could be wrong here but the last time a manager left us for the lesser greens was 1965 wasn't it?

BSEJVT
14-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Comparing a rookie manager in his first appointment really doesn't stack up against someone of Lennon's credentials though. Not to mention the 2 cup finals in 1 season Stubbsy got us to.

Everyone fully expected him to have a better league campaign than Stubbsy, anything less would be a disaster.

Comparing anything that isn't an exact comparison of what you are comparing it against doesn't stack up either as it renders the entire process to be so subjective that you are basically stating your opinion to suit your agenda, nothing more.

Anyone using as similarly skewed set of comparisons would be doing the same so don't take it personally.

To be honest If I were your shrink I would tell you to give up watching Hibs as it makes you unhappy and all your ever do under various guises is find something or someone to complain about.

Lennon had one job and that was to get us promoted, if he does that as I think he will its mission accomplished and no other yardstick matters and all past sins will be forgiven.

Hibs were always going to be a massive scalp this year and whilst the football played often hasn't been to my liking we are where we need to be and I and many others would have settled for that at the start of the season.

There will be many who will be concerned at what we face if and when we do go up, but if I were looking for someone to criticise at the moment I would be more likely to turn my attention to the board, who IMO haven't backed him nearly as well as they should have given the revenues we have brought in or as well as they backed Stubbs

hibbysam
14-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Comparing anything that isn't an exact comparison of what you are comparing it against doesn't stack up either as it renders the entire process to be so subjective that you are basically stating your opinion to suit your agenda, nothing more.

Anyone using as similarly skewed set of comparisons would be doing the same so don't take it personally.

To be honest If I were your shrink I would tell you to give up watching Hibs as it makes you unhappy and all your ever do under various guises is find something or someone to complain about.

Lennon had one job and that was to get us promoted, if he does that as I think he will its mission accomplished and no other yardstick matters and all past sins will be forgiven.

Hibs were always going to be a massive scalp this year and whilst the football played often hasn't been to my liking we are where we need to be and I and many others would have settled for that at the start of the season.

There will be many who will be concerned at what we face if and when we do go up, but if I were looking for someone to criticise at the moment I would be more likely to turn my attention to the board, who IMO haven't backed him nearly as well as they should have given the revenues we have brought in or as well as they backed Stubbs

This 100%. Points mean absolutely bugger all. We win the league that is all that matters. It's a totally different pressure being the biggest side in the league as opposed to the second biggest (last year). A league win and a semi final will do me more than nicely in Lennon's first season.

jabis
14-03-2017, 08:29 PM
This 100%. Points mean absolutely bugger all. We win the league that is all that matters. It's a totally different pressure being the biggest side in the league as opposed to the second biggest (last year). A league win and a semi final will do me more than nicely in Lennon's first season.

Also 100percent :aok:

Lago
14-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Also 100percent :aok:
And I will 2nd your 100% with my 100%.

147lothian
14-03-2017, 10:06 PM

I third you, well said sir!

cammy1969
15-03-2017, 05:12 AM
I'm worried that if we play the kind of football we've been playing this season into next the fans will disappear like snow of a dyke. I hope to be proved wrong and we skoosh the league and Lennon goes into Hibernian folklore like Stubbsy before him.

I agree some of the football played has been very poor but when up against team who come to play and try to beat us Utd hearts. 4th in pl we have been head and shoulders above them next season we will face more teams like them I honestly believe we will be fighting for 2nd place. Aberdeen imo are a vastly overrated team and can't see them bringing in many players in summer as there cash is tied in new stadium.

I'm sure we will have money for players and he will bring in strong minded players who have been winners effe was mocked by many but looks class on the few games he's played, holt strong minded lots of players would mind when the goals dry up but not him 100% every game. I think we'll finish with 77-78 points undefeated so only 3 defeats compared to 8 last year under Stubbs who's football wasn't that great in a lot of league games. By the way not really having a go a you but you have been very critical of Lennon.

Re people's opinion of Lennon as a person only meet him once at bobby smiths funeral a few years ago guy was a true gent came back to wake and when left put a few quid behind bar to buy a couple drinks for everybody imo a really genuine guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
15-03-2017, 06:34 AM
NO Hibs supporter wants him to fail Jim and I can't think you actually believe that. I don't like the guy but I'll gladly trade that for him being successful with us 100%.

Well you indicated that you didnt like the guy so maybe you are bringing some personal issue against him cloud your judgement. By any stretch he is doing well.

Dav1986
15-03-2017, 11:29 PM
I agree some of the football played has been very poor but when up against team who come to play and try to beat us Utd hearts. 4th in pl we have been head and shoulders above them next season we will face more teams like them I honestly believe we will be fighting for 2nd place. Aberdeen imo are a vastly overrated team and can't see them bringing in many players in summer as there cash is tied in new stadium.

I'm sure we will have money for players and he will bring in strong minded players who have been winners effe was mocked by many but looks class on the few games he's played, holt strong minded lots of players would mind when the goals dry up but not him 100% every game. I think we'll finish with 77-78 points undefeated so only 3 defeats compared to 8 last year under Stubbs who's football wasn't that great in a lot of league games. By the way not really having a go a you but you have been very critical of Lennon.

Re people's opinion of Lennon as a person only meet him once at bobby smiths funeral a few years ago guy was a true gent came back to wake and when left put a few quid behind bar to buy a couple drinks for everybody imo a really genuine guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm friends with one of Bobby's sons and was there when NL done that after the funeral. Meeting him that day completely changed my opinion of him, as I didn't like him at all as a player (putting it mildly) when he was at celtic. Genuinely nice, down to earth guy.

cammy1969
16-03-2017, 01:29 AM
I'm friends with one of Bobby's sons and was there when NL done that after the funeral. Meeting him that day completely changed my opinion of him, as I didn't like him at all as a player (putting it mildly) when he was at celtic. Genuinely nice, down to earth guy.

I know Murray quit well bobby was a great guy drank-in his pub for years and always had s beer with him when came to pub in pathhead but have to agree with u regard Lennon alway had a bit of respect for him since that day he didn't have come or stay after a really nice guy nothing like the persona people see on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
16-03-2017, 06:18 AM
I know Murray quit well bobby was a great guy drank-in his pub for years and always had s beer with him when came to pub in pathhead but have to agree with u regard Lennon alway had a bit of respect for him since that day he didn't have come or stay after a really nice guy nothing like the persona people see on tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard similar a guy I know had a neighbour who was a rabid sevco fan. His son was a young footballer who I think played for Well and occasionally was ball boy at their home games. Detested NL as a player and who he played for but the son said Neil was one of the very few players who took time out to chat to the balll boys and take an interest in how they were doing football wise. Totally changed his opinion of him.

Salt N Sauzee
16-03-2017, 07:10 AM

Why would people take aim at the board? That's just nonsense. Our squad is well equipped and it's pretty clear that the board have backed Lennon. He's signed Holt, Graham, Commons, Shinnie, Ambrose, MacLean, Humphrey, Marciano, Laidlaw & Gallacher. I'm aware a number of those mentioned are loan deals but Hibs still have to fork out a % of their wages to have them here. Let's not forget we also turned down a £1.7m (MILLION) bid for Cummings which in the past would of been swiped at without a second thought. So to say the board haven't backed him is wrong. We've had rotten luck with Injuries & Suspensions twice this season. In both situations we got in the player(s) to rectify the situation that Lennon identified almost right away.

"Quality over Quantity" - Alan Stubbs.

BSEJVT
16-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Why would people take aim at the board? That's just nonsense. Our squad is well equipped and it's pretty clear that the board have backed Lennon. He's signed Holt, Graham, Commons, Shinnie, Ambrose, MacLean, Humphrey, Marciano, Laidlaw & Gallacher. I'm aware a number of those mentioned are loan deals but Hibs still have to fork out a % of their wages to have them here. Let's not forget we also turned down a £1.7m (MILLION) bid for Cummings which in the past would of been swiped at without a second thought. So to say the board haven't backed him is wrong. We've had rotten luck with Injuries & Suspensions twice this season. In both situations we got in the player(s) to rectify the situation that Lennon identified almost right away.

"Quality over Quantity" - Alan Stubbs.

Firstly I didn't say that, what I was what I said what "if I were looking to criticise......."

Have a look at some of my other posts on other topics, I am broadly very supportive of the board and what it has achieved

The point of the post wasn't to criticise the board but to make the point that IMO (and I stand by that) they would be more deserving of criticism than Neil Lennon.

I don't think they have backed him as well as the additional revenue generated by the cup win and huge increase in season tickets should have allowed them to.

The squad is IMO weaker than last year and your " players in to rectify the situation" could be interpreted as the squad is generally so weak that we had no option but to.

Neil Lennon has on numerous occasions stated how short of bodies we are.

As for the quality over quantity, I don't think by any stretch of the imagine the signings of Gallagher, Graham, McLean and Laidlaw could qualify under that ruling

Laidlaw has been excellent, but he was a total punt. I know the father of one of the Raith players well, when we signed him he said to me " He could be great and was for us, but made two bad mistakes in short order and after that was a complete bag of nerves and couldn't be played"

We have been inordinately lucky that Jason has scored for fun as no-one else on the staff has or could. Holt does a great job but is not a goal scorer.

It will all turn out okay in the end, but I was personally astonished that we didn't improve our striking options in January when a blind man could see our problems.

I wont be convinced that we went for promotion on the cheap and IMO if things had turned out differently the board would have had some hard questions to answer.

Thankfully it wont come to that.

CapitalGreen
16-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Firstly I didn't say that, what I was what I said what "if I were looking to criticise......."

Have a look at some of my other posts on other topics, I am broadly very supportive of the board and what it has achieved

The point of the post wasn't to criticise the board but to make the point that IMO (and I stand by that) they would be more deserving of criticism than Neil Lennon.

I don't think they have backed him as well as the additional revenue generated by the cup win and huge increase in season tickets should have allowed them to.

The squad is IMO weaker than last year and your " players in to rectify the situation" could be interpreted as the squad is generally so weak that we had no option but to.

As for the quality over quantity, I don't think by any stretch of the imagine the signings of Gallagher, Graham, McLean and Laidlaw could qualify under that ruling

Laidlaw has been excellent, but he was a total punt. I know the father of one of the Raith players well, when we signed him he said to me " He could be great and was for us, but made two bad mistakes in short order and after that was a complete bag of nerves and couldn't be played"

We have been inordinately lucky that Jason has scored for fun as no-one else on the staff has or could. Holt does a great job but is not a goal scorer.

It will all turn out okay in the end, but I was personally astonished that we didn't improve our striking options in January when a blind man could see our problems.

I wont be convinced that we went for promotion on the cheap and IMO if things had turned out differently the board would have had some hard questions to answer.

Laidlaw wasn't a punt. He was signed on Grant Murray's recommendation.

BoomtownHibees
16-03-2017, 09:54 AM

So are you criticising the board or no??

BSEJVT
16-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Laidlaw wasn't a punt. He was signed on Grant Murray's recommendation.

No doubt, but with his history it was a punt whether he would have been able to stand up to the pressure and scrutiny our keepers get.

Guys with better CV's than his have been found wanting in that position

BSEJVT
16-03-2017, 10:22 AM
So are you criticising the board or no??

No,

As I said in relation to Neil Lennon, the only task that mattered this year was promotion.

As we will achieve that no criticism is warranted

It would be a very boring forum though if we didn't debate the issues though wouldn't it?

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2017, 11:34 AM
No,

As I said in relation to Neil Lennon, the only task that mattered this year was promotion.

As we will achieve that no criticism is warranted

It would be a very boring forum though if we didn't debate the issues though wouldn't it?
The board couldn't have backed him anymore, and your last statement is pretty laughable given some of your recent posts.

BSEJVT
16-03-2017, 02:32 PM
The board couldn't have backed him anymore, and your last statement is pretty laughable given some of your recent posts.

Disagree entirely they could easily have backed him more, of course they could.

In the same way as they could have backed him less or backed him the same

Making a statement and not justifying it is just opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble.

How could they have not backed him more?

What would have prevented them doing so had they chosen to?

The fact that they were trying until the 11th hour by their own admission to bring in Stokes is a clear statement that there were further funds to back him.

As is the fact that they found funds for Ambrose and Commons when they had to.

Lago
16-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Didnt think you could but youve excelled yourself with this nonsense post.

IWasThere2016
16-03-2017, 04:15 PM
With a few exceptions, I have found the football dull as ... thought it was very poor last Friday also tbh. BUT job done! :thumbsup:

Getting out of this league (regardless of how) is all that matters :agree:

147lothian
16-03-2017, 04:47 PM

So when the January transfer widow closed and we didn't have Stokes or any other player of that caliber signed to play up front you think that was the full backing of the board? Credit to Lennon when we get over the line for doing it without spending a great deal on the team he had inherited

Salt N Sauzee
17-03-2017, 06:52 AM
So when the January transfer widow closed and we didn't have Stokes or any other player of that caliber signed to play up front you think that was the full backing of the board? Credit to Lennon when we get over the line for doing it without spending a great deal on the team he had inherited

You make it sound like he "inherited" a bad team? He's added a few welcome faces but no major changes were needed.