Dundee United are out of it

They are absolutely hopeless

My eye is on Falkirk

Bristolhibby
10-03-2017, 08:52 PM

My eye is on Falkirk

25th March. Let's put them to bed. (McGinn will be missing with Scotland though).

J

EH6 Hibby
10-03-2017, 08:56 PM
It's 100% in our hands. A nice feeling after the last 5 years of needing other teams to drop points to ensure we stay up/get promoted.

scotiaf
10-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Still think it's to early to shout that, Dundee Utd are the only team that press us in the league. Every other team sits back.. and that is the struggle

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Was over weeks ago, none of the other teams would catch us they simply aren't good enough. Hibs will win the league with ease!

BullsCloseHibs
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM

My eye is on Falkirk

Falkirk aren't much better.

We've scooped this daft league

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Reminds me of the 2-1 win at Brockville early in 1999. It's ours. It's all just about keeping the heid now.

Baader
10-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Woah. Its Hibs we're talking about here.. Never do it the easy way. Yes it should be done and dusted but I'll save cracking open the champers until it's official!!

chrisski33
10-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Still time for us to fk it up! We have been better afainst falkirk of late but remember they will be up for it and got the better of us last season.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Would love to see us max out in our next three home games, win them in style. We won't, but it would be fun. Then I'd crack open the champers.

majorhibs
10-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Would love to see us max out in our next three home games, win them in style. We won't, but it would be fun. Then I'd crack open the champers.

Like the 4 previous league games prior to DUFC, eh? In the bag, thats the time, night never ends. Zoomers & scooshers on here tho, live in the last 24! Nae way were we gettin relegated 3 yrs ago, eh? I think we will do it. Bunch on here tho, the confident mob, where was the big ego when prior to the nite, since January, it was 3 points fi 4 games against the teams at the bottom of the league? Have your moments tho, for me, when the 11 on the park merit it, as in playing for Hibernian FC & justifying & maintaining our proud history in the top division of Scottish Football- we are up when we are up- job done- "skoosh" you can keep. I prefer my Hibs a class above that, & in the top division & performing!

green day
10-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Still time for us to fk it up! We have been better afainst falkirk of late but remember they will be up for it and got the better of us last season.

Aye, alright. jkb

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Not champions until it's mathematically confirmed. Keep it together and consistent Hibs.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Morton only 6 behind if they win their 2 games in hand, still to play them twice...

High-On-Hibs
10-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Remember reading the jollies on here when we were 2-0 up on Hamiton on AGG, so certainly won't be getting carried away. Houston will set his thugs out to break as many legs as possible, so we need to keep our wits about us. It's not over until it's over.

eastcoasthibby
10-03-2017, 10:56 PM

Exactly this take max points from next 3 games and we can start to really believe we are on our way ..and its one game at a time !!!

jakedance
10-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Ours to lose.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Like the 4 previous league games prior to DUFC, eh? In the bag, thats the time, night never ends. Zoomers & scooshers on here tho, live in the last 24! Nae way were we gettin relegated 3 yrs ago, eh? I think we will do it. Bunch on here tho, the confident mob, where was the big ego when prior to the nite, since January, it was 3 points fi 4 games against the teams at the bottom of the league? Have your moments tho, for me, when the 11 on the park merit it, as in playing for Hibernian FC & justifying & maintaining our proud history in the top division of Scottish Football- we are up when we are up- job done- "skoosh" you can keep. I prefer my Hibs a class above that, & in the top division & performing!

Are you saying we will win those next three games in style, or we won't?

Jim44
10-03-2017, 11:07 PM

Nah, before the game, soor puss said he wasn't fussed about the result tonight ......... bloody lying hypocrite. When asked if he wanted United to do them all a favour and stop us getting three points, his response had to be 'yes'. He knows it's all over bar the shouting.

superfurryhibby
10-03-2017, 11:12 PM

Aye, okay pal, lol.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2017, 11:15 PM
We aint won nothin' yet ....... when we are uncatchable I'll celebrate. Too often we have won the so called important game or 6 pointer only to bugger up the so called winnable games ..... unless anybody forgets we lost to the team bottom of the league two weeks ago who then went on to be absolutely roasted by 7th placed Raith Rovers.

We put ourselves in a good position tonight .... but that's all we did.

majorhibs
10-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Are you saying we will win those next three games in style, or we won't?

You ken the script, Boab! Always win, magnificently, joyously! Euphoria galore! Then, next week, against team with little points & form, crash & burn. I dont need to explain this. We've all just been there about the last 10! :flag:

Franck Stanton
10-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Morton are the biggest threat to us now. Tonight put unt to bed but both Morton & Falkirk will, at this moment in time be of the opinion they are still in it. Beat both of them whenever we play the next and only then can we justifiably claim the league is ours. Bit soon to be saying it just now IMO.

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Dundee United have been out of it for a while. They simply aren't good enough. Falkirk our biggest worry. Hate him or hate him but Houston knows how to put runs together. They aren't as dangerous as last season but dangerous none the less.

hfc rd
10-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Not mathematically over just yet. It's in our hands. 1 game at a time.

10-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Normally I hate threads like this, assuming things are won before they actually are but in this instance I just can't see us not winning the league. It would take a monumental collapse on our part and I really don't think we will do that. I've been a hibs fan a long time, I've learnt never to take things for granted but surely even hibs can't **** up this league now lol!

**** it, i'm saying it . . . . Champions :flag:

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 11:45 PM
25th March. Let's put them to bed. (McGinn will be missing with Scotland though).

J
For a game of that magnitude we should be asking for a postponement should we not?

California-Hibs
10-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Always said we'd win it easy in the end and it'll be by 14+ in my opinion. Easily skooshed! Great to be back in the top league! Yep....I said it, it's inevitable. 😎

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2017, 11:52 PM
You ken the script, Boab! Always win, magnificently, joyously! Euphoria galore! Then, next week, against team with little points & form, crash & burn. I dont need to explain this. We've all just been there about the last 10! :flag:

Brilliant!

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Champions.

Pete
11-03-2017, 02:07 AM
Champions.

Double winners.

greenlex
11-03-2017, 04:35 AM

Did anyone else read that in the style of the Paul Whitehouse character that says 'Brilliant"and "Cheesy Peas" all the time?

Libby Hibby
11-03-2017, 04:44 AM
We're not Champions yet, we'd need to lose at least 3 in 9 games for someone to catch us, we've only lost 3 in 27...just saying

GGTTH

BarneyK
11-03-2017, 06:07 AM
We're not Champions yet, we'd need to lose at least 3 in 9 games for someone to catch us, we've only lost 3 in 27...just saying

GGTTH
We could go unbeaten between now and the end of the season and be caught quite easily.

Gmack7
11-03-2017, 06:45 AM
1/14 at skybet to win the league. just saying

Joe6-2
11-03-2017, 06:52 AM
Woah. Its Hibs we're talking about here.. Never do it the easy way. Yes it should be done and dusted but I'll save cracking open the champers until it's official!!

This

Bristolhibby
11-03-2017, 06:58 AM
For a game of that magnitude we should be asking for a postponement should we not?

I think you need three internationals out for a postponement.

McGinn will be one, Rocky 2? Who would be the third?

J

Thecat23
11-03-2017, 07:02 AM

I've been confident from day one. Reading your post I've no idea what you are on about to be honest. You seem rather upset even though we won?

Tyler Durden
11-03-2017, 07:33 AM

We've skooshed it mate, chill out.

hibee316
11-03-2017, 09:53 AM

Cathro, is that you?!?

:)

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Thank god it's over .

Now to build for next year .

wookie70
11-03-2017, 10:07 AM
It is in Morton's hands as much as it is in ours. If they beat us twice and win their games in hand they will be level on points and at best 9 goals worse on goal difference. Beat us by a couple each time and win their games in hand by a couple and it will be 3 goals worse off. Great result last night and a victory at home to Morton will go a long way towards us winning the league. 9 games left so it is getting much closer now and the good news is it will probably be the big games that decide the league. We seem to do do better in those games than when faced with the teams at the bottom of the league.

southsider
11-03-2017, 10:10 AM
We have 3 home games on the trot in Dumbarton, Falkirk and Morton. DU have St M, and RR (away) then St M (home). Falkirk have Ayr A today), Morton (h) then us at ER. Win out next 3 games and the league could well be over before the Semi. How good would that be ?