PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie and Ambrose

Mibbes Aye
10-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Two players who in their own ways had their doubters.

Two stand-outs for Hibs tonight.

:flag:

allmodcons
10-03-2017, 10:03 PM
:agree: My 2 stand outs tonight too.

Thought Shinnie just shaded it, but happy for Ambrose to pick up motm.

JJP
10-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Both players had great games but Ambrose was just fantastic tonight. An absolutely class performance.

CMurdoch
10-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Both great.
Shinnie has a gutsy performance, took a few sore ones and set the goal up.
Ambrose was brilliant, calm and decisive throughout.

The Harp Awakes
10-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Shinnie is now looking the player we thought we'd signed at the start of the season. Kicked all over the park tonight but his class still came through. Ambrose strolled the game. Beginning to look great signingsnby Lennon.

northstandhibby
10-03-2017, 11:17 PM
There were many candidates for motm tonight, Shinnie Efe McGinn Boyle etc, for me Shinnie just edged out Efi and Boyle although very close indeed. The team deserves the award for their overall bossing of the game. Great performance and result. Well done all the players tonight!!!The leagues ours.glory glory

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Was between Efe and Lewis for me with Shinnie close behind.

EVENTUALLY
10-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Thought Lewis Stevenson was very good.

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Shinnie was excellent tonight. He's been much better since being played on the left of midfield picking the ball up deeper. Ambrose far too good for this league as most on .net predicted. A deal for Shinnie must be possible although Ambrose will go to a higher paying club. Kudos to Lennon for getting him in until the end of the season.

Still Smiling
10-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Ambrose strolled through the game. Kept everything calm at the back. Pure class!

snooky
10-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Shinnie was my MOTM.
Ambrosia & Lewis were close contenders.
BTW, Jason's second goal was definitely a 'ball-played-man' scenerio :whistle:.

Fergos
10-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Thought Lewis Stevenson was very good.

Agreed, his block in the box second half was a superbly timed piece of defending, Maldini like. Almost.

GGTTH

bongo'd
11-03-2017, 12:00 AM
There were many candidates for motm tonight, Shinnie Efe McGinn Boyle etc, for me Shinnie just edged out Efi and Boyle although very close indeed. The team deserves the award for their overall bossing of the game. Great performance and result. Well done all the players tonight!!!The leagues ours.glory glory

It's funny how we all see games differently. McGinn, for me, was poor compared to his usual high standards. Ambrose MoM in my book. Could've played with a Cuban hanging out his mouth. Strolled it. Looked like he enjoyed th adulation at the end too.

10/10 to the fans tonight also. Backed the lads throughout, especially last 5 when it looked like (unlikely really) United might sneak a point.

swordin3
11-03-2017, 12:02 AM
Aye the Hibbys rocked it tonight,decisive,strong,balls on show,Jason ripped it then f@'ed it, Effe strolled it,Shinnie rolled it.Hibees bossed it,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GreenCastle
11-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Both impressive.

Shinnie our wide is working a treat and is like a new signing plus gives us width and balance !!

Well done to both of them!

Twiglet
11-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Who got MOTM on the TV coverage?

hibee_girl
11-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Who got MOTM on the TV coverage?

Ambrose

SteveHFC
11-03-2017, 12:35 AM
Can we sign Ambrose in the summer.

11-03-2017, 12:47 AM
Agreed, Shinnie over the last few games or so has answered his critics (for which I admit I was one of them). Very good game from him tonight.

Ambrose though! Outstanding big man! Has taken a lot of stick because of past howlers and theres was some hibs fans unhappy we signed him but tonight he was excellent. My MOTM by a long mile. Solid, took care of everything that came his way and unphased with the ball at his feet.

Well done to both :flag:

Hibee Mac
11-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Both excellent tonight, shinnie really has come on since the start of the season

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 01:16 AM
Can we sign Ambrose in the summer.

TBH we'll never be able to afford him. Enjoy his quality whilst he is here.

SteveHFC
11-03-2017, 01:19 AM

Leigh on the other hand :hyper

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 01:21 AM

:hyper

Aldo
11-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Shinnie was superb against the yams both on and off the ball and continue that last night. Didn't shirk any challenges and his first touch and then superbly weighted ball to Jason was just class.

Only saw about an hour of game but thought Efe was superb. Kept it simple and never lost a header or indeed tackle.

I would be more than happy if we managed to keep them both next season!!

Is It On....
11-03-2017, 07:58 AM

£150k apparently..🤔

MB62
11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Shinnie and Stevenson forming a great partnership down the left flank and Shinnie was definitely my motm

ian cruise
11-03-2017, 09:32 AM

When he signed he was saying all the right things for someone who wanted to stay on longer. Agree I think he's get better money elsewhere, but if he is enjoying football and life with Hibs I could see him staying. He'll have made good money at Celtic and depends on what he's done with that as to how much he'd need from us if signed.

Slavers
11-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Would love it if Shinnie and Ambrose signed on in the summer. Shinnie is coming on to game now and at the right time for the Hibees. Love Shinnie's effort and he is a creative midfielder which we lack in the squad. Ambrose is class, stands out at this level and seems a lovely man. Get them both signed Lennon.

Joe Baker2
11-03-2017, 09:38 AM
would like to see Shinnie stay on at Hibs.

HFCdeb
11-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Shinnie, Ambrose and Stevenson were all phenomenal. I can't choose between them. So glad that Shinnie is shutting the boo boys up now. He's quality and I sincerely hope we can sign him for the SPFL because he'd do damage in that league where he'd have more space and time.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Shinnie, Ambrose and Stevenson were all phenomenal. I can't choose between them. So glad that Shinnie is shutting the boo boys up now. He's quality and I sincerely hope we can sign him for the SPFL because he'd do damage in that league where he'd have more space and time.

I've never heard Shinnie get Boo'd but he played well last night. Has he been good enough over the season? Not for me. He's got 11 games (hopefully) to change my mind.
I have no doubt about Ambrose. I'd love him to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
I've never heard Shinnie get Boo'd but he played well last night. Has he been good enough over the season? Not for me. He's got 11 games (hopefully) to change my mind.
I have no doubt about Ambrose. I'd love him to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly seeing the best of him now he's been playing on the left. There's a fair few who haven't been good enough over the course of the season, thus far, including the likes of SJM, Keatings and Cummings. Thankfully we've been grinding out results, regardless.
I've heard a lot of booing and abuse of Shinnie, unfortunately, including when he came on for Humphrey against the cheats and he was outstanding in that game too. I hope he keeps putting in those performances because I think he's crucial to us winning games when on form.