PDA

View Full Version : Don Robertson

-Jonesy-
10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Awful awful awful refereeing tonight, completely lost it at points in the game and some baffling non decisions

Pete
10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Amateur hour. Totally lost it and is probably the worst performance I've seen for years but united played didn't help by diving about and sneakily hacking and elbowing.

They need help from the stands to give the decisions they miss.

Hibernian Verse
10-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Have to disagree. Only decision he got wrong was not booking Flood. Not sure how he could have done any better given how the players were acting.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

cleanyman
10-03-2017, 08:44 PM
I thought he had a good 40 minutes.

After that I don't know what happened. Neither will he

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Have to disagree. Only decision he got wrong was not booking Flood. Not sure how he could have done any better given how the players were acting.

So the elbow on Gray and McGregor were ok??

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM

This.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
He lost it later on in the game, some of the elbowing by that turd Durnan must be a retrospective surely.

Well done Hibs, never in any real trouble at any time IMO

Joe6-2
10-03-2017, 08:48 PM
I don't know where we dig them up from! The standard of refereeing is absolutely abysmal,

GlesgaeHibby
10-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Hard game to ref tonight with all that was going on. Only major ones he got wrong were not sending Durnan off for elbowing Gray and Flood handball. Could have done with some help from his assistant for the elbow incident. Game was at some pace though and so much happen, and overall did ok.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-03-2017, 08:50 PM
I don't know where we dig them up from! The standard of refereeing is absolutely abysmal,

Correct, and a FIFA one as well, deary me

Pete
10-03-2017, 08:58 PM

Agree. Probably a bit harsh with my initial comment but I'll repeat that they definitely need help.

Durnan probably would have been off twice.

Saint Hibee
10-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Hard game to ref tonight with all that was going on. Only major ones he got wrong were not sending Durnan off for elbowing Gray and Flood handball. Could have done with some help from his assistant for the elbow incident. Game was at some pace though and so much happen, and overall did ok.

I agree with this. The only real error was not booking Flood for the handball. The Durban elbow was hard to pick out even on the replay.

Hibernian Verse
10-03-2017, 09:00 PM
So the elbow on Gray and McGregor were ok??
I'm not sure how he could have seen the one on Gray and I'm not convinced the latter was a deliberate elbow. Booking at most.

gogsy23
10-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Shockingly bad performance and prob one of the biggest games of the season to give it to such an inexperienced ref. Most 50/50s went utds way and some very poor decisions elbows missed, mcginn at the end in the corner foul against for nowt,shinnie fouled 3 times on far touchline nowt. Forsters challenge possiby should have seen red too. Still tho 3 points GTFI

Hibby Bairn
10-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Thought he had a very good game. Contributed to the entertainment and seemed to enjoy it and have a bit of rapport with players rather than be all headmasterly.

bawheid
10-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Very difficult game to referee. Thought he did ok in the circumstances.

ForeverHibs93
10-03-2017, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure how he could have seen the one on Gray and I'm not convinced the latter was a deliberate elbow. Booking at most.

He looked before he threw it back, it was definitely a red. So was the Gray one, it's his job to spot it. Cummings was a penalty, no contact on the ball and caught his leg, Flood not getting booked for blatant handball when he'd given Jason a second yellow. Then that absolutely bizarre foul against Hibs in the corner when United players were flying in and we had possession of the ball.

The guy was shocking from about 30-40 minutes onwards.

scotiaf
10-03-2017, 09:06 PM
He made no huge errors that cost the game. He could have easily let the red go for a last warning as he tried to pull out

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 10:58 PM
The answer is in your hands. Go take the class and get qualified.......

The Harp Awakes
10-03-2017, 11:04 PM
To be fair to the guy he had big calls to make every 5 mins. Got a lot wrong but also got a lot right. A tough game to referee. He wasn't a cheat unlike Beaton.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Another ref who seemed to think those in attendance and watching on TV wanted to have him as the centre of attention.

Some of the inconsistencies when it comes to bookings baffle me. Not an easy game to referee but a bit composure and consistency would have made it far easier. Lennon called it right when he called him a '****ing idiot' after being sent off.

RyeSloan
10-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Thought the ref was OK...was a tough physical match (great to see Hibs win these battles these days) and while he didn't get every call right I'm not sure there was many I didn't understand why he did what he did.

Flood handball and Cummings pen aside of course [emoji23]

Tom Hart RIP
11-03-2017, 06:47 AM
Should have booked Toshney for his first foul on Shinnie. Looked like the worst challenge of the night

Heisenberg
11-03-2017, 06:48 AM
Not a clue how he doesn't book flood for the hand ball. So inconsistent.

Joe6-2
11-03-2017, 06:49 AM
The answer is in your hands. Go take the class and get qualified.......

Not sure they take 62 year olds

Aldo
11-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Tbh Utd players tactics in the first 20 were obvious and it was to rile us up using 'rough tactics'.

Players have given ref no option IMHO. Could have given us a penalty and could have sent off Toshney before second yellow.

Hard game for him. Did OK in stages

Monktonhall 7
11-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Can't believe folk on here think he did ok. He booked 10 players and sent off 2. How many bad tackles were there in the game? Not that many. Some of his decisions were baffling. For me, totally out his depth.

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Looked like his half time instruction was let's see how many Hibs players I can book. His ignoring of Flood at the end was laughable.

Hibby Bairn
11-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Can't believe folk on here think he did ok. He booked 10 players and sent off 2. How many bad tackles were there in the game? Not that many. Some of his decisions were baffling. For me, totally out his depth.

How can he be out his depth when he is already FIFA accredited. Hard to disagree with any/most of the cards. I liked him.

Bishop Hibee
11-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Don't forget the linesmen. Dreadful. Cummings 1-on-1 at the start of the game but called offside. No help when Cummings was tripped or Gray elbowed.

green day
11-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Not a clue how he doesn't book flood for the hand ball. So inconsistent.

Yep, and Flood should have been booked for kicking the ball away, being in the refs face, you name it - he shouldnt have been on the park, an as for the elbows!!!

gaz1875
11-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Thought he had a very good game. Contributed to the entertainment and seemed to enjoy it and have a bit of rapport with players rather than be all headmasterly.

Agreed, one or two bad calls, but many correct even with my tinted glasses.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Can't believe folk on here think he did ok. He booked 10 players and sent off 2. How many bad tackles were there in the game? Not that many. Some of his decisions were baffling. For me, totally out his depth.Totally agree, the ref was brutal. He got the booking for the dive right and the Toshney sending off as well, then completely lost the plot. It was definitely a penalty as well. It wasn't a stonewaller but still a penalty. He let flood handle the ball 3/4 times. he also let Edjenguele foul all the way through the game. He was itching to send Bartley off to even things up. A proper ref would have also had a word with JC about slamming the ball down instead of a booking but Cummings gave te ref the excuse he was looking for.

FFS we had 5 players booked and one sent off and UTD had 3 with 1 sending off.......go figure!

gaz1875
11-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Totally agree, the ref was brutal. He got the booking for the dive right and the Toshney sending off as well, then completely lost the plot. It was definitely a penalty as well. It wasn't a stonewaller but still a penalty. He let flood handle the ball 3/4 times. he also let Edjenguele foul all the way through the game. He was itching to send Bartley off to even things up. A proper ref would have also had a word with JC about slamming the ball down instead of a booking but Cummings gave te ref the excuse he was looking for.

FFS we had 5 players booked and one sent off and UTD had 3 with 1 sending off.......go figure!

Bartley wasn't even booked, what made you think he was itching to send him off? the only poor booking for Hibs was SDG wasn't even a foul.

WeeRussell
11-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Another ref who seemed to think those in attendance and watching on TV wanted to have him as the centre of attention.

Some of the inconsistencies when it comes to bookings baffle me. Not an easy game to referee but a bit composure and consistency would have made it far easier. Lennon called it right when he called him a '****ing idiot' after being sent off.

Lennon made a bit of a fool of himself in that the two times he was out berating the ref in the second half, Robertson had got both decisions spot on with nothing to argue about. Cummings punching the ball in the net and Forster's poor challenge as soon as he came on.

Not saying he wasn't correct to call him a f******* idiot like ;)

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Bartley wasn't even booked, what made you think he was itching to send him off? the only poor booking for Hibs was SDG wasn't even a foul.Shoot, I thought Bartley got booked. Well there you go, the ref had a great game after all! :wink:

brog
11-03-2017, 08:51 AM
I thought the ref started well but lost the plot a tad in the 2nd half. He did some things well in that he tried to have a rapport with the players, but he acted like a typical Scottish headmaster ref when giving JC his 1st booking. JC didn't throw the ball away, he bounced it to the keeper. That ends up being a red card which adds to the overall tension & loss of control. I can forgive him Durnan, he didn't see it, but the failure to book Flood, even if just for being ugly, was unforgiveable! And before Hobo tells me to take my refs badge, been there, done that.

O'Rourke3
11-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Some wrong some right on the night. Didn't think Gray's was a booking, also thought that Dixon's take out of Squirrel was a red as it was premeditated assault. Believe he was itching to book Marv. He'd a tackle on the half way line that Shinnie got the dissent booking for then got in involved with their player Nicholls diving and then Nicholls had to be restrained by 3 different players.
Lennon got sent off for complaining Shinnie was fouled in attack and they then went up the pitch again. Didn't look on the telly he was going radge at the sending off. Asked the ref why and accepted the refs explanation.

Gollum should have been off for a deliberate hand ball and I have no idea why they got that free kick in the corner towards the end.

Elbow was out of sight of the ref and could easily have been out of sight of the Lino - so a retro red has to happen or there will be conspiracy theory field day. I'd also hope Gollum gets a second yellow. The rules are clear on that offence.

It would have been sore but Fosters opening challenge could have seen him off....

Monktonhall 7
11-03-2017, 10:28 AM
How can he be out his depth when he is already FIFA accredited. Hard to disagree with any/most of the cards. I liked him.

Using your analogy, all drivers that pass their driving test are therefore deemed competent?

I'm sure being at the match, atmosphere, booze, etc does cloud the judgement a tad. I'm going to go and watch the match now and see if my view on his performance has changed.

matty_f
11-03-2017, 10:52 AM
The failure to book Flood for handball was a disgrace. He was completely right to book Cummings for his handball, but Flood should have been booked.

One Day Soon
11-03-2017, 10:56 AM
To be fair that must have been more like trying to referee the Vietnam war than a football match.

He got plenty right and a few wrong. Overall a lot less incompetent than it could easily have bee.

Eyrie
11-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Shoot, I thought Bartley got booked. Well there you go, the ref had a great game after all! :wink:

Bartley should have been booked for bringing down their player on the break, but Robertson forgot about that as he booked Shinnie for dissent instead.

I thought Toshney's second yellow was soft, but then he should have been booked for his first attempt to halve Shinnie so justice was done in the end.

hibee62
11-03-2017, 12:08 PM
The failure to book Flood for handball was a disgrace. He was completely right to book Cummings for his handball, but Flood should have been booked.

I see McKinnon is annoyed at the inconsistencies in the referees decision making, I have to say I agree with him!