PDA

View Full Version : Jason what were you thinking about!!

weststandhibby
10-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Title sums it up. Great talent but needs to show some maturity. Argghhh !!

HibeeLR
10-03-2017, 08:28 PM
What game will he likely miss?

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 08:29 PM
What game will he likely miss?

Next week against Dumbarton

Pete
10-03-2017, 08:39 PM
There's a fine line between madness and genius.

We won so let's not be too hard on him.

mca
10-03-2017, 08:41 PM
His Goal Gave us 3 points.. Moment of madness almost cost us two.. But....

Jim44
If he had a brain he would be dangerous.

Glory Lurker
Keats in his place next week?

SRHibs
It looked like he should've been able to get his head to that ball too. Absurd decision.

oldbiker
10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
its pure commitment I think and sometimes it crosses the line to WTF, he is worth his place every week warts and all

telford hibbee
Brilliant goal but what was he thinking about with the handball minutes after being booked. In the end he puts us 9 clear but misses next game .

beensaidbefore

Exactly. Hopefully did enough to ward off a few suitors tonight.

Unseen work
10-03-2017, 08:43 PM
I know.

He should never of taken his goal on the volley.

I'm sure he will learn.

All hail king jase

lord bunberry
10-03-2017, 08:44 PM
There's a fine line between madness and genius.

We won so let's not be too hard on him.

Exactly. Let's have a thread titled Cummings what were you thinking of scoring the winning goal again. His first booking was laughable.
I keep saying it, but we'll only realise what we've got when he's gone.
Remember the people who used to slate fletcher on here.

Dan Sarf
It worked for Maradonna. ;-)

fordie2
Personally i think his first booking was harsh. Second booking was a moment of madness however he is still a young lad at 21.

Spike Mandela
He has the same football brain as Maradona. :cb

inglisavhibs

He will be mighty difficult to replace when he moves.

Colr
10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Joe Baker did the same thing v Clyde in the cup final. Its a strikers instinct. He wasn't thinking at all.

Its the frog and the scorpion.

Spike Mandela
10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Looking forward to hearing Houston and Craigen boaking.:aok:

green day
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Ken what, my "couldn't give a sh*t ometer" is up there.

Top of the league!

The Spaceman
10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcM1BkvJuNIRlYI/giphy.gif

http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://62127AB8-598C-47DA-A7C6-0E973DFAAEF7/giphy.gif
:tee hee:

Hibee87
its pure commitment I think and sometimes it crosses the line to WTF, he is worth his place every week warts and all

Yip Cummings is just Cummings. He does some mental things and not always for the better, but its what makes him different when it does come off

BullsCloseHibs
Bizarrely, if you look at the replay of the hand ball 'goal' none of the Arab fans notice it. Weird!

Cummings is the new MARADONA 😊

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Shinnie saying it was stupid but he's been great so far this season so we can forgive him this one :greengrin

wookie70
Poor from Jason but Willow flood deliberately hand balls - no action, squares up to a Hibs player at the end - no action and was screaming right in the referee's face for him to hurry up and measure out the wall at a free kick - no action. Jason's frustrations probably came from being given wrongly offside for a run in on goal and then denied a penalty. Two elbows from the Utd boy both without a booking and Holt getting yellow carded for a Rugby tackle against him and then being pinned wrestling style. At least the ref got the right decision sending the Utd boy off but in a very difficult game for him he never did very well.

BullsCloseHibs
The hand of God

cad
10-03-2017, 08:49 PM
How much did bubble heid contribute to Lennon ending up in the stand great goal son but you gotta wise up

Dom'sFirstTouch
10-03-2017, 08:49 PM
A price worth paying for a guaranteed 20+ goals a season. Hopefully guarantees he stays another season. Keatings in next week.

Time For Heroes
10-03-2017, 08:50 PM
The hand of God

The fist they never missed

WestEndHibee
That's entertainment! Amazing goal.

Some nerve to celebrate the handball.

Give me that hat over a boring 8 goal a season journeyman.

Pete
He even celebrated the goal! :greengrin:

Love him to bits.

The Spaceman
10-03-2017, 08:54 PM
He even celebrated the goal! :greengrin:

Love him to bits.

My reaction. Like the Pirlo penalty. Some guy. :greengrin

Deansy
10-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Great goal from JC - tho not too impressed with the gesture he made to the Utd fans. Leave that to *****-trumpets like the 'Charity Thieves FC's Nicholson(??) who - after scoring against us and 'cupped his plums - actually seriously believed they had an earthly of beating us !!!

Andy74
10-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Lennon has forgiven him anyway.

lord bunberry
10-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Ken what, my "couldn't give a sh*t ometer" is up there.

Top of the league!

Ha ha. Case closed my man.

dalkeith stu
10-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Great goal from JC - tho not too impressed with the gesture he made to the Utd fans. Leave that to *****-trumpets like the 'Charity Thieves FC's Nicholson(??) who - after scoring against us and 'cupped his plums - actually seriously believed they had an earthly of beating us !!!
Was to the hibs fans

Monopolyguy
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Ball played man...

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Showed a lack of discipline. Then again so did our manager who is supposed to lead by example and also got an early bath.

scotiaf
Great finish, but 11_10 we were always winning. But put pressure on the team. But the only good finesher in the team. If we don't win next weekend it's a waste

lyonhibs
I don't think he was thinking at all, which is probably part of the problem.

Daft, but immensely talented, laddie

Andy74
10-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Showed a lack of discipline. Then again so did our manager who is supposed to lead by example and also got an early bath.

His example is being passionate and a fighter. The team are showing that now which is great.

emerald green
10-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Cummings risked his team winning the match due to his moments of madness. He has to learn stop throwing or kicking the ball away. It offered DU a lifeline in a game they didn't get a shot on target.

A great goal, but his actions risked throwing it all away.

Tha Cabbage Kid
10-03-2017, 09:23 PM
i like him even more now! the fact he celebrated it was superb!

Jim Herriot
10-03-2017, 10:01 PM
The hand of God

No, the touch of an angel.

10-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Anyone criticising Cummings can join in with the party on the train back to the burgh.

EVENTUALLY
10-03-2017, 10:15 PM
The biggest single factor in the whole game was the abject performance of the referee. F$%^ing woeful!
Jason is nothing if not a goal scorer. I do believe in the nano second that he decided he could not reach the crossed ball with his head that the instinctive WINNER in him threw out his hand to chance his arm and score a goal was nothing more than any of us would have done in the same situation. He is a professional and he tried to gain an advantage. That's it.
His first first booking was pathetic. The ref was card happy and was actually the worst performer on the pitch.
Jason Cummings is proving to be a great Hibs player and we are very lucky to have him.

10-03-2017, 10:22 PM
On the plus side, if David Moyes was at Tannadice to have a look at Cummings, hopefully the "Hand of Clod" has put him off.

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2017, 10:31 PM
He's a total enigma, moments of genius marred with lunacy, I may get angry with him it times but I can't ever stay that way, I have a thing for flawed geniuses and he wouldn't be the same if he was predictable

ED Hibee
10-03-2017, 10:42 PM
He's a total enigma, moments of genius marred with lunacy, I may get angry with him it times but I can't ever stay that way, I have a thing for flawed geniuses and he wouldn't be the same if he was predictable

It's the Hibs way!

northstandhibby
10-03-2017, 10:42 PM
World class goal scored by young Jase, that was a peach of a match winner, goal machine!!!

glory glory

Deansy
10-03-2017, 10:48 PM
The biggest single factor in the whole game was the abject performance of the referee. F$%^ing woeful!
Jason is nothing if not a goal scorer. I do believe in the nano second that he decided he could not reach the crossed ball with his head that the instinctive WINNER in him threw out his hand to chance his arm and score a goal was nothing more than any of us would have done in the same situation. He is a professional and he tried to gain an advantage. That's it.
His first first booking was pathetic. The ref was card happy and was actually the worst performer on the pitch.
Jason Cummings is proving to be a great Hibs player and we are very lucky to have him.

No-one doubts Jason's 'desire' (greed/craving) to score goals and everyone loves a 'rebel' - however it's his ability to get booked for stupid/silly reasons that let's him - AND Hibs - down ! We need him ON the pitch and NOT in the stand because, in a moment of bad-temper, he's suspended because of the number of points he's amassed for kicking/throwing the ball away !. All he needs to do to be a very, very valuable player for us and himself is to start 'Playing Smart' !

West lower
10-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Personally i think his first booking was harsh. Second booking was a moment of madness however he is still a young lad at 21.

Been in the first team for over 3 years.

jakedance
10-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Daft sending off but he's a glorious daftie so **** it.

Swedish hibee
10-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I love Jason. I think it's just in pure frustration with him..when things like this happen.
Maybe he needs to find his 'inner zen' with some breathing techniques!!!!!!!!!!

InchHibby
10-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Great goal, first yellow was a joke, never should have been given, second, well that's Jason.
To be fair though they were never going to score. Wonder what Jase said when Neil walked not the dressing room. A lot of pressure of us now, let's enjoy the next three home games, then that cup.:flag:

Teapot
10-03-2017, 10:56 PM
I did that once when I played, didn't even realise I did it till the ref booked me, I wasn't much younger than Jason either. We all make mistake, not all of us ping in an utter screamer of a volley before hand. Give the laddie a break, incredible talent we have on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Absolutely brilliant finish for his goal ..... but he is old enough and experienced enough to know that when a ref has sent a player off he wont need much encouragement to look at evening up the teams .... that's why getting booked for throwing down the ball was stupid and punching the ball into the net was even more stupid.

He was booked in last seasons ER derby for his celebration after being warned by the manager to 'not do anything stupid if he scored' and then got himself sent off for kicking the ball away, though I agree its a matter of opinion as to whether that's what he was doing, but even so once again it was in a situation where the ref had already sent off an opposition player, a sending off that in most folks opinion was harsh and that should have rung alarm bells with everybody on the pitch not to mess with him.

Both then and last night things worked out OK for Hibs and both times a Cummings goal was the winner ..... but what if they hadn't, what if in the derby the Yams had equalised and then went on to win? What if Utd, who clearly got a lift from seeing Cummings red carded, had spawned an undeserved goal and those two dropped points cost us the league?

We won the cup thanks in no small part to JCs goals ....... If we win the league he will have made a major contribution without a doubt ..... but one of these days JCs luck is going to run out and he will be directly responsible for us losing or drawing a game its vital for us to win .............. lets hope he wises up before that day comes.

I will never be too down on a player for trying stuff that others wont, even if its a little self indulgent like his pen in the Scottish cup semi, but I don't have much time for impetuosity, its something JC needs to eradicate from his makeup.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Daft thing to do. Sure a few players will have a quiet word. Get the feeling he's the type of guy who needs to do something daft before he thinks about it if that makes sense.

Not the end of the world though and he's done far more good than bad this season so we can let this one slide.

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Jason Cummings baby.......l

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 12:39 AM
I hate to think where we would be without him. The boy can do no wrong in my eyes.

Northernhibee
11-03-2017, 12:46 AM
He's a sensational player and still only 21. He's going to be fantastic.

green day
11-03-2017, 01:18 AM
20 goals. Need we say more?

BigT-Hibeez
11-03-2017, 01:25 AM

I agree..

BigT-Hibeez
11-03-2017, 01:31 AM
Bizarrely, if you look at the replay of the hand ball 'goal' none of the Arab fans notice it. Weird!

Cummings is the new MARADONA 😊

I was jumping about like a madman when it went in, then I saw the "its no a goal" look on the players faces, so then thought, must have been offside..

Then the replay.. FFS Jase why??

But I forgive him, what a peach of a goal..

Played like a young Rooney tonight.. Moment of genius, moment of madness!!

HibsNutter
11-03-2017, 01:49 AM
He just won us the league. Couldn't give a flying one, it's ****ing hilarious now

Mantis Toboggan
11-03-2017, 05:39 AM
the match thread deletion means I can't prove it, but I was getting told that Cummings is brainless and one footed.

So those figures in total are:

0 Brain
1 Foot
20 Goals

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2017, 05:55 AM
Daft but it's part of why we love him

Got to feel for him. He put in a great shift and was incorrectly called offside twice and denied a stone wall penalty - put it down to frustration

(And why was willow flood allowed to swipe at the ball in the midfield in front of the ref and not get a booking?)

Could have cost us but it didn't

What a strike for the winner

J-C
11-03-2017, 06:06 AM
Watched the game when I got in last night and thought up until the two bookings he had a really god game, I thought the first booking was a bit petulant as he didn't really throw the ball away, he just bounced it off the ground towards the keeper, he may have said something to get booked but Dundee U were paying such a high line Jase was getting frustrated. No excuse for the second just after he was already booked, silly laddie but Lennons interview summed it upped, he needs to learn but his goals are invaluable.

marinello59
11-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Gifted and daft, there's never a dull moment with him. I love him, Scottish fitba needs more like him.

Steve20
11-03-2017, 06:51 AM
It was a silly handball but the boy has scored a superb goal to win us the game, so I'll take it.

Fifehibby74
11-03-2017, 06:54 AM
He about gave me a heart attack in those 15 minutes that we were down to 10 men. Thought he was having a great game up to that point (shots on target, a goal, working hard for the team) I think he is improving under Lennon.

Top player. Love him.

I wonder what was said in dressing room after game. Saying that Lennon lets his frustration lead to him getting sent off to

Ilovehibs
11-03-2017, 07:02 AM

And that's having been dropped for a number of games too.
Guy is a genuine maverick and we are so much better with him than without.
Hope we can keep him another season.
Jason Cummings baby!!!!!

hibbysam
11-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Willo Flood kicked the ball away first half, aggressively stepped into the ref at the free kick second, deliberately handled the ball second, squared up twice in the corner at the end and went around kicking people and got zero bookings. Cummings threw the ball into the ground straight into the keepers hands and handled the ball and got two bookings.

I also got told he is a 'waste of space' tonight. I'd hate to have seen where we would have been the last three years without him. A top class player who will move on and we will realise how good he was once he does. I hope it's down south for top money in a year or two.

SRHibs
11-03-2017, 07:03 AM
That's entertainment! Amazing goal.

Some nerve to celebrate the handball.

Give me that hat over a boring 8 goal a season journeyman.

I love that you see him take an extra few seconds with his face to the ground, clearly thinking "****, should I celebrate this?", then he fully commits. Can laugh now that we've actually won, but that was a radge decision.

DaveF
11-03-2017, 07:08 AM
He's plainly bonkers but he'd be half the player if that was knocked out of him.

It made the game more tense than it should have been but his goal was a peach so he's forgiven.

eastcoasthibby
11-03-2017, 07:09 AM

And how many have been match winners !!

Tyler Durden
11-03-2017, 07:10 AM
The ref was a total clown, first booking was very harsh

Mikey09
11-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Jason is becoming a top player. What a difference in his all round game even compared to last season. He's always liable to pull something daft out the bag but that's him I'm afraid. Biggest improvement I've seen is his link up play. 100% better. What a player we have on our hands here.

Is It On....
11-03-2017, 07:17 AM
As an aside, we really need someone to "help him out" on the scoring front.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 07:27 AM
I think it's fairly obvious that he's as daft as a brush, everyone who's ever worked with him has said as much.

He is a goalscorer though so his shortcomings can be forgiven to an extent but he really needs to grow up if he wants a big move. He's no good to us next week sitting in the stand.

I could honestly throttle him sometimes. Both bookings last night were utter stupidity.

lucky
11-03-2017, 07:34 AM
He doesn't think but that's part of his make up. He's a match winner with flaws but ffs he scores goals for fun. Three seasons in a row he's hit 20 goals. Half the time you want to strangle him the other half he has you jumping for joy. Jason is just Jason let's enjoy our wayward genius whilst he's here

--------
11-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Willo Flood kicked the ball away first half, aggressively stepped into the ref at the free kick second, deliberately handled the ball second, squared up twice in the corner at the end and went around kicking people and got zero bookings. Cummings threw the ball into the ground straight into the keepers hands and handled the ball and got two bookings.

I also got told he is a 'waste of space' tonight. I'd hate to have seen where we would have been the last three years without him. A top class player who will move on and we will realise how good he was once he does. I hope it's down south for top money in a year or two.

Very much agree with you. I thought the referee was more concerned about keeping the card-count equal between the teams than actually dealing with some of the stuff going on right in front of him. There were two flying elbows he ignored (both in tangerine sleeves, surprise, surprise) and Flood seemed coated in Teflon all night. (Isn't he a horrible wee cratur, by the way? He looks like something slimy that crawls out the sewers at midnight to spawn ...)

Jason was getting frustrated with some of the calls - twice called offside when he wasn't, for example - and you could see he was boiling up before the dissent. Unfortunately he gave a rankly awful referee the opportunity to red-card him and he misses the Dumbarton game.

There is no way Jason Cummings is a 'waste of space'. Anyone saying that either isn't thinking or hasn't the equipment to think with. He needs to become more savvy about his reactions at times and control his inner 'chimp'. And as for NL's being sent to the stand, it's entirely likely he was just totally pee'd off by Robertson's antics as much as by what Jason did.

If we can just do to Falkirk and Morton at ER what we did to United at ER, we can truly begin to relax and celebrate. And that's in large measure down to Jason Cummings and his goals, and we shouldn't forget it.

hibsfan
11-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Hopefully this will give boys keatings a chance to prove that his name should be ahead of Cummings every week anyway. Don't get me wrong Jason gets his goals but is so one sided and at times lazy... Keatinha would score more goals in a season if he was a starting regular

green day
11-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Hopefully this will give boys keatings a chance to prove that his name should be ahead of Cummings every week anyway. Don't get me wrong Jason gets his goals but is so one sided and at times lazy... Keatinha would score more goals in a season if he was a starting regular

Thats a big assumption on keatings goals.

JC was dropped a few months back by NL and it worked.

While I like keatings, there is zero chance that we will be dropping our 20 goals a season striker to the bench every week, zero

Big L
11-03-2017, 08:12 AM
BTW what a great goal it would have been if he had got his head to it, the ball from SDG was a cracker. I don't care that he got sent off, it didn't cost us and as Lenny said " he won us the game " if Moyes was there to watch him he couldn't fail to be impressed, what a talent!

Sammy7nil
11-03-2017, 08:13 AM
The boy has flaws that is why he is still at Hibs but last night he was an imature Dick and would have been slated had we not won. I am sure he will grow up one day soon and move on to club that will double his salary.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 08:13 AM

I don't mind Keatings and think he's a decent player at this level but re your last sentence, the stats from the last 3 years would suggest otherwise.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Keatings could not lace Cummings boots.

Ilovehibs
11-03-2017, 08:59 AM

Love Keatings...but ahead of Jason every week...come on now

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2017, 09:01 AM
He handed his shirt away but it is okay because it is Cummings. On a night when a loan signing from Celtc gave a display that summed up what a professional should deliver. But that's okay because it is Cummings. United were on their a*** at 10-11 but got a way back in when he went off. But that isokay because it is Cummings. On the thread criticising the performance of the ref we should take out accusations of inconsistencies perhaps.

11-03-2017, 09:03 AM
2 very stupid bookings and i'm glad going down to 10 men never ended up hurting us because as ***** as Utd were they got a lift right after the sending off and the home fans sprung into life (albeit only for a few minutes). If we had ended up losing a goal and dropping points people would be going daft.

Thankfully though we won and that was down to the same man so I'm not going to be too hard on him but if he could just cut out some of the nonsense! I guess thats just Jason for you though, saw it last year in the semi final v Utd, did something unbelievably stupid with his "Pirlo penalty" but in the end scored the winner in the shoot out (he owes big Conrad big time though for getting that chance of redemption!).

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Goals scored by 21yrs and 7.5 months:
Cummings 68
Griffiths 62
Boyd 47
Miller 35
Goodwillie 34
McFadden 32
Riordan 27

Shrekko
11-03-2017, 09:05 AM
A player of his type I've waited a long time to see in a Hibs jersey- some of the overly negative comments are incredible. Yes he deserves a bit of stick for last night but look back on his goals and how incredibly vital they've been and it's obvious he's our star man. He's unpredictable but what a player he's been for us- it'll be sad day when he leaves.

danhibees1875
11-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm not finding it too hard to forgive him. His instincts took over to get the ball in the net and you can see the immediate regret as he puts his face to the ground.

Keyser Sauzee
11-03-2017, 09:08 AM
I don't get the argument that cause he has scored 20 goals he can do and act how he wants, he needs to grow up a lot and I'm sure NL will be telling him this. The 2nd yellow was more instinct than silliness I think so I'm not to bothered about him being sent off, it's the 1st booking and the moments immediately after it which I was annoyed at, after his 1st he gave the ball away 3 times in pretty dangerous areas which put us under pressure all because he was sulking from the booking! Anyway 3 points and the league is almost in our hands so I'm over it, just hope he learns from it

18Hibee75
11-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Cummings is Cummings, a totally natural goal scorer but a dafty. He's a Hibs Dafty now though and at the end of the day he's put us 9 points clear with a brilliant goal! GGTTH

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Dom'sFirstTouch
11-03-2017, 09:10 AM

Evidence would suggest otherwise. He's played for Hamilton, Hearts and Hibs in the championship and never scored more than 15. Great back up for Jason though and I fancy him to score a couple next week.

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Cracking player and lucky yesterday we didn't lose any points however his goal scoring is amazing. Said on the TVs the first Hibs player since Joe Baker to score 20 goals 3 seasons running which is a brilliant achievement. Hope he gets another few before season is out will be gutted he is missing Dumbarton game would imagine.

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 09:13 AM
I'm not finding it too hard to forgive him. His instincts took over to get the ball in the net and you can see the immediate regret as he puts his face to the ground.

Exactly. Best post so far.
Bunch of drama queens on here.

bigwheel
11-03-2017, 09:14 AM

When Keatings starts, he has rarely made the case for being a starting 11 player. He certainly has a lot to offer, but he is yet to show he should be a starter

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Cummings 68
Griffiths 62
Boyd 47
Miller 35
Goodwillie 34
McFadden 32
Riordan 27

Good return but it's been at a lower level (so far) than the rest of those players.

You should compare him with other strikers who have spent the majority of their time in the Championship.

I can't wait to see him next season (assuming we get promoted and he's still there).

cmcd
11-03-2017, 09:15 AM
No-one doubts Jason's 'desire' (greed/craving) to score goals and everyone loves a 'rebel' - however it's his ability to get booked for stupid/silly reasons that let's him - AND Hibs - down ! We need him ON the pitch and NOT in the stand because, in a moment of bad-temper, he's suspended because of the number of points he's amassed for kicking/throwing the ball away !. All he needs to do to be a very, very valuable player for us and himself is to start 'Playing Smart' !
First class post .Couldn't agree more

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Good return but it's been at a lower level (so far) than the rest of those players.

You should compare him with other strikers who have spent the majority of their time in the Championship.

I can't wait to see him next season (assuming we get promoted and he's still there).

Griffiths scored his in the championship as well. He's turned out not to bad.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Griffiths scored his in the championship as well. He's turned out not to bad.

True, you know what I mean though. :greengrin

I think Cummings will score goals in the Premiership by the way.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Cummings is a 21 year old with 68 goals to his name. Most 21 year olds are lucky to have 68 games under their belt.
He is an outstanding talent.

Keyser Sauzee
11-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Cummings is a 21 year old with 68 goals to his name. Most 21 year olds are lucky to have 68 games under their belt.

Ur right in what ur saying, his ability and goal scoring are great but I don't think it's beyond reasonable to ask him to make a slight adjustment to his attitude that's all, I don't get this notion that we just accept the petulance rather than hoping NL can change his attitude.

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 09:22 AM
2 very stupid bookings and i'm glad going down to 10 men never ended up hurting us because as ***** as Utd were they got a lift right after the sending off and the home fans sprung into life (albeit only for a few minutes). If we had ended up losing a goal and dropping points people would be going daft.

Thankfully though we won and that was down to the same man so I'm not going to be too hard on him but if he could just cut out some of the nonsense! I guess thats just Jason for you though, saw it last year in the semi final v Utd, did something unbelievably stupid with his "Pirlo penalty" but in the end scored the winner in the shoot out (he owes big Conrad big time though for getting that chance of redemption!).

I slated him last year after that penalty but I just think we have to accept he's going to be prone to a daft moment or 2.

Similar to his sending off against Hearts last year I think his sending off last night were 2 moments of madness and a tad unlucky imo. His goals more than outweigh those moments and he's the prime reason we're sitting top of this league.

Shrekko
11-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Add to that his record against Rangers, Hearts and SPL teams in cup games the past 3 seasons has been seriously good.

neil7908
11-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Jason is a brilliant player and in the end we won the game so all is forgiven.

However, we've been here before with the penalty against Dundee United in the semi final last year and his sending off against Hearts in the same competition.

That's 3 times in around a year that he's put added pressure on his team mates with silly behaviour.

We need to be able to acknowledge his goals and also still be able to expect more from the him.

I have a feeling the next time this happens he and the club might not be so lucky. Yes we don't want to stop him expressing himself on the pitch but all players should look to improve their game. I think he's matured in a lot of ways but he needs to cut that stuff out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2017, 09:30 AM
He has the talent to take him to the very top. FWIW I think that it is fair to criticise his actions. For me at least I don't question his ability or talent and I can't wait to see him line up for us in the top flight for one season at least. I wonder if he would flourish playing up front with the same kind of player as himself so that they egg each other on and try to out do each other rather than learn from an experienced player.

Dom'sFirstTouch
11-03-2017, 09:32 AM

As simple as that.

Still doesn't get half the credit he deserves. Frightening to properly examine how reliant we've been on a kid for almost 3 full seasons.

Earlydelivery
11-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Love him .

green with envy
11-03-2017, 09:37 AM

Really?

Sorry but it was a booking all day. In fact i have to say that i'm more disappointed at him for the first booking.

It's about time he started to grow up - that aside I still love the wee guy.

HibernianJK
11-03-2017, 09:38 AM
I slated him last year after that penalty but I just think we have to accept he's going to be prone to a daft moment or 2.

Similar to his sending off against Hearts last year I think his sending off last night were 2 moments of madness and a tad unlucky imo. His goals more than outweigh those moments and he's the prime reason we're sitting top of this league.

I love Cummings and think he has a very bright future in the game but why should we accept it? If we could eradicate it he would be an even better player. Lucky it hasn't really cost us yet but one day it will.

northstandhibby
11-03-2017, 09:41 AM

100%

He's a goal machine. His goal last night was technically perfect and out of the top drawer. Will miss young Jase hugely when he does leave us eventually for his goals and somewhat mercurial maverick behavior. Goal machines like him are gold dust and I'm sure Rod will be a tough negotiator when the time comes. However I of course hope he is here for at least one more season.

glory glory

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Really?

Sorry but it was a booking all day. In fact i have to say that i'm more disappointed at him for the first booking.

It's about time he started to grow up - that aside I still love the wee guy.
I think the first was very harsh .

Was he booked for picking the ball up in an angry manner ?
After he picked it up , he bounced it back to the keepers hands.

He didn't throw it away.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Scored one of his best goals for us in our most important game of the season so far.

Absolutely nothing to forgive to him for. Class.

hibee_girl
11-03-2017, 10:22 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRfjSUUBKt6/?taken-by=johnmcginn7

:faf:

wookie70
11-03-2017, 10:43 AM
It is fair comment that many of his goals have been scored in the Championship but I think it is also fair to say he has a great record in big games. Hearts, The Rangers and Cup Games seem to be a speciality. I have no doubt he will score just as many when we get up if we are still lucky enough to have him. The biggest thing to me is that year on year Jason has made big improvements to his game. He is stronger and quicker every year and his hold up play and set pieces have improved greatly this year. He is a hot prospect and he knows it, that cockiness and confidence contribute to the player he is. Mad at times but brilliant just as often. His biggest quality may be his courage. I watch week after week Hibs players who seemed to be scared to miss, which leads them to not taking a chance to shoot. Holt looks like he would rather be at the half way line than in the six yard box at times. Jason knows you have to buy the ticket and he seems happy enough to keep missing if that is the price for scoring. Long may that continue.

sleeping giant
11-03-2017, 11:02 AM
He hates hearts :faf:

rotherhamrob
11-03-2017, 11:19 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again,with all the time he has to practice,he really should've been able to knock that in with his right hand.😉

One Day Soon
11-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again,with all the time he has to practice,he really should've been able to knock that in with his right hand.😉

You're very bad, but that's good.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Brilliant goal then a bonkers thing to do, when already booked. One of those crazy moments players sometimes have. He got us a very important victory and, thankfully, the handball didn't cost us.

Tom Hart RIP
11-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Was in a pub so not sure if I heard correctly but did they say Jason is first hibs player to score 20 league goals in consecutive seasons since Joe Baker. Did I hear correctly???

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Was in a pub so not sure if I heard correctly but did they say Jason is first hibs player to score 20 league goals in consecutive seasons since Joe Baker. Did I hear correctly???

Yes it was 3 seasons in a row of scoring 20 or more goals fantastic achievement.

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 01:09 PM
He handed his shirt away but it is okay because it is Cummings. On a night when a loan signing from Celtc gave a display that summed up what a professional should deliver. But that's okay because it is Cummings. United were on their a*** at 10-11 but got a way back in when he went off. But that isokay because it is Cummings. On the thread criticising the performance of the ref we should take out accusations of inconsistencies perhaps.
Finally you're getting it. He can do what he wants as long as he scores the goals that win us the league. There's no one else in the team that's going to do it.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
That's 3 times now he's been sent off for really stupid reasons. If it was for bad tackles, you can have some sort of sympathy, but petulence and stupidity needs to be stopped now.

Take him out the side and we don't score enough goals, until he leaves we need him in the team not suspended.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2017, 01:30 PM

JC is many things, sometimes a daft laddie, sometimes a bit huffy and often a brilliant finisher like last night ............... but one thing he isn't is a 'waste of space' .... in fact he is getting better and better and eventually we are going to get north of 2 million quid for that 'waste of space' and when we do we will miss him.

Jag7
11-03-2017, 01:36 PM
A precocious talent that does not need tamed just slightly tempered, but a joy to watch ( first post 😉)

Mantis Toboggan
11-03-2017, 03:01 PM

No danger.
Cummings movement and work rate are miles ahead of Keatings.
Also goals.

Smartie
11-03-2017, 03:37 PM
I was angry with his first booking as I thought it was a stupid, unnecessary reaction and in the context of the game it was only ever going to lead to a booking.

The problem with that is that it puts him under pressure not to get another one.

I can see why he'd throw an arm out instinctively when diving for the ball but not quite reaching it, and if that's his first yellow then I'd have a bit of sympathy for him.

As it stands the two together make a deserved red and he's a lucky boy that his team-mates got the job done without him.

I absolutely love him and his character adds a lot to our side before we get started on his footballing ability.

But he is prone to some questionable decision making that he's really going to need to curb if he's going to achieve what he is clearly capable of.

jacomo
11-03-2017, 03:45 PM

:agree:

A welcome bit of perspective.

The only curious thing about Jason is that he is a Jambo before he became a Hibby.

Other than that, he is the kind of gallus wee bam that we have long had upfront. I'll happily take the rough with the smooth.

hibbysam
11-03-2017, 03:59 PM
JC is many things, sometimes a daft laddie, sometimes a bit huffy and often a brilliant finisher like last night ............... but one thing he isn't is a 'waste of space' .... in fact he is getting better and better and eventually we are going to get north of 2 million quid for that 'waste of space' and when we do we will miss him.

100%, although the same person yelled at Grant Holy that e was a 'fat useless *******' because he 'didn't hit the target' in the second half, when their defender made a great block and it ballooned away for a corner. Unbelievable sometimes.

hibeedonald
11-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Everytime Jason does stupid **** like this he makes it easier for us to hold onto him in summer

OxoHibby
11-03-2017, 04:11 PM

He doesn't think. He just does

OxoHibby
11-03-2017, 04:12 PM
His first booking was soft as. Compare bouncing the ball to all of Durnans elbows

Michael
11-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Everytime Jason does stupid **** like this he makes it easier for us to hold onto him in summer

To be fair, Suarez did a lot worse and was still the hottest player in the world one summer.

HibsNutter
11-03-2017, 04:28 PM
In hindsight I'm glad he was sent off and the goal wasn't allowed to stand. If the ref judged that it was a header, he'd have stayed in the park but a retrospective ban would see him miss three games(?). Now he is only missing the Dumbarton game and we still won.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Cummings 68
Griffiths 62
Boyd 47
Miller 35
Goodwillie 34
McFadden 32
Riordan 27

What league were the scored in and in how many games

TrinityHibs
11-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Who was Leigh playing against for his first 59? Wikipedia says he was playing for Livi and Dundee. Genuine question and I don't know the answer.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2017, 06:03 PM
In hindsight I'm glad he was sent off and the goal wasn't allowed to stand. If the ref judged that it was a header, he'd have stayed in the park but a retrospective ban would see him miss three games(?). Now he is only missing the Dumbarton game and we still won.

Not sure you could get a retrospective ban for hand ball when it's only a yellow card offence.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2017, 06:04 PM

2nd tier for Cummings and Griffiths although almost half Cummings goals have come against teams normally in the premiership.

HibsNutter
11-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Not sure you could get a retrospective ban for hand ball when it's only a yellow card offence.

if the advantage from the handball directly lead to a goal I'm sure there would be a ban.