PDA

View Full Version : Shiniesta

lord bunberry
10-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Has he ever started a game and not been booked? I've never seen him make a bad tackle, yet he always seems to get booked.
I'm just glad he's starting to show us that he's the player we thought he was when he signed

SANH 1875
10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Very composed performance. One of our better player again.

adhibs
10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Was class again. Only ambrose contributed more.

Unseen work
10-03-2017, 08:45 PM
He was fantastic tonight.

The ball was glued to his foot at times.

Showed great close control, bravery on the ball and passing ability for the goal and his ball to Boyle.

Improved a lot in the left wing role and seems comfortable.

Very unlucky not to of scored two goals

Blaster
10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Was class again. Only ambrose contributed more.

Spot on mate

21sMay
10-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Very unlucky not to score and top of a great performance

Mr White
10-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Just watching his interview and finally realised who he reminds me of...

Gary from Team America. You're a damn fine footballer Andrew.

hibee_girl
10-03-2017, 08:49 PM
I've not been his biggest fan since he arrived but he was brilliant tonight

LaMotta
10-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Even if he wasnt playing well, his glorious hair and beard combination should make him a fans favourite.

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 08:54 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 08:56 PM
He's starting to show his class. There's a skoosh going down and he's going to be driving the car.

Brightside
10-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Ive not been his greatest fan recently but i thought he was top class tonight. The best midfielder on the park.

Unseen work
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
He will sign a contract with us in the summer.

Zazu62
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
I feel his shooting let's him down add that to his game and he would be a star

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Shows how fickle some fans can be. He was basically the new boo boy a few weeks ago and ripped a new one (mainly on idiot fan pages on twitter). A goal against the library dwellers and a couple good performances later and he's hailed. Shinnie is a more than capable player who would walk in to any team outside Celtic.

jacomo
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM

:faf:

Pretty Boy
10-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Had it not been for the Nigerian Maldini at the back tonight then Shinnie would have been MotM. Best performance in a Hibs strip imo and there's been a few good ones from him lately.

SteveHFC
10-03-2017, 11:34 PM
He's been getting better since the replay. :aok:

GreenCastle
10-03-2017, 11:36 PM
He's been getting better since the replay. :aok:

Confidence and Lennon is either a genius or got lucky playing him or wide away from the middle when he made that sub in the Derby.

He's been fantastic last few games and another assist.

I would keep him as he's shown enough that he will do well on the left.

CMurdoch
10-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Our 3 loan guys are doing well.
Would be seriously good business to sign them all up for next season

California-Hibs
10-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Haven't been a fan of him and been unimpressed more often than I'd like, however he had a very decent game tonight. Keep it up Andrew. Go on and lift a few cups at the end of this season Hibs 👍😎

PompeyHibs
11-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Played very well tonight. Keep it up and we have a real chance of 1. Promotion 2. Cup final

GGTTH

gaz1875
11-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Striking up a good partnership with Lewis on the left.

wookie70
11-03-2017, 08:49 AM
I think Shinnie has been our best midfielder or forward this year. Very creative, works really hard and now he is getting to play in the position he made his name with the performances have been great. It baffles me how he gets so much stick on here and Holt who creates very little and scores less is given hero status by most.

JimBHibees
11-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Best game last night kept the ball well especially in second half. Can be frustrating but improving. Good to see.

BSEJVT
11-03-2017, 10:11 AM
The control of the ball and pass for Jason's goal with his other foot was top quality.

Eyrie
11-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Shinnie has had a few disappointing games earlier in the season but last night he was superb and my man of the match.

Borderhibbie76
11-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Got an Arab mate who text me this morning to say Shinnie was absolutely class last night...seems opposing fans can see what some of us simply won't

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HibsNutter
11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
He is really coming onto a game now, been picking up a lot in the last few weeks. Not long ago he said he'd be happy to stay here next year, at the time my reaction was 'meh' but if he keeps his form up I'd be delighted to see him play. Reckon he would have more success in the Premiership where teams will come and have a go at us, leaving more space for flair players like him.

Diclonius
11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Shinnie's been great since the derby. A lot more confident taking players on now.

Stoney Hibee
11-03-2017, 01:27 PM
I was not a fan at all but in the last tow or three weeks he has been a much higher level.

makaveli1875
11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
shinnie has been class the last few weeks , he's getting better by the game .

lord bunberry
11-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Got an Arab mate who text me this morning to say Shinnie was absolutely class last night...seems opposing fans can see what some of us simply won't

Everyone is in agreement that he was great last night.

Heisenberg
11-03-2017, 01:36 PM

Is his deal with Birmingham expiring? I'd want to keep him based on his recent performances. Much improved. He seems to be enjoying himself here as well.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Some people couldn't see it previously because it wasn't happening. Or at least not as much as others would have you believe.

He's had some really good games recently, mainly since he started playing of the left. And funnily enough, he's been praised when he's had good games like Hearts and last night.

Borderhibbie76
11-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Some people couldn't see it previously because it wasn't happening. Or at least not as much as others would have you believe.

He's had some really good games recently, mainly since he started playing of the left. And funnily enough, he's been praised when he's had good games like Hearts and last night.
I also think he was heavily criticised earlier on when he wasn't nearly as bad as some were making out. Been our most creative midfielder pretty much all season - glad he is finally getting a bit of credit

My_Wife_Camille
11-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Boys been quality the last few weeks

Always rated him:cb

Super_JMcGinn
11-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Has he ever started a game and not been booked? I've never seen him make a bad tackle, yet he always seems to get booked.
I'm just glad he's starting to show us that he's the player we thought he was when he signed

Have loved the guy since day 1, sure he's had his off days like ALL players but some of the insults hurled his way has been ridiculous. Has never given anything less than 100% that I've seen and hope we keep him after his loan spell.

CorrieHibs
11-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Hopefully. I think he's class. He's had a good few assists.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Needs to add goals to his game, to finish off the rest of his good play

pacoluna
11-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Been impressed with him lately. Another one of lennons signings that people have been questioning.. So far all of lennons signings have been impressive imo.

Unseen work
11-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Been impressed with him lately. Another one of lennons signing that people have been questioning.. So far all of lennons signings have been impressive imo.

Personally not a fan of Brian Graham at all.

Holt frustrates me as sometimes I think he wants to show everyone that he is a tough guy, also a lack of goals. But you've got to love his energy and motivation for a man his age, also seems to love the dirty side of the game which is something we have lacked up there for years. Links/holds the ball up well too and can spray the balls out wide.

High-On-Hibs
12-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Been good lately. Just needs to find his shooting boots and he'll be a great all round player for us.

HFCdeb
12-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I also think he was heavily criticised earlier on when he wasn't nearly as bad as some were making out. Been our most creative midfielder pretty much all season - glad he is finally getting a bit of credit

This. Some of the abuse I heard levelled at him in games where Fyvie, McGinn and Keatings were far worse was ludicrous. Delighted that he's answering his critics. I think he's really started to suss out the Scottish game again, and he's had a full round of Championship games and he's clearly learned from them. I sincerely hope we can keep him and Marciano.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Real quality when he is on his game. IIRC was it not Dunfermline away when he was dreadful in the first half and outstanding in the second? Like a good few others, the talent and ability are there and the consistency is the final piece.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I like him , Never hides in games and constantly wants the ball , Again nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe

northstandhibby
12-03-2017, 08:11 PM
I like him , Never hides in games and constantly wants the ball , Again nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe

This.

I thought he had a great game against Utd, he worked tirelessly all night and linked up the play very well.

glory glory

J-C
13-03-2017, 06:25 AM
I think we all remembered the Shinnie that went south and expected that same player, he obviously needed a lot more time to adapt again and has looked more like the player we wanted.

eastcoasthibby
13-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Hope his form continues to improve as he is a good footballer who can make things happen, is a confidence player who doesn't hide in games, even if it's not happening.
We need a few goals from him as he gets into the right positions, we will need his quality in next few games and cup semi ...