PDA

View Full Version : Why the away strip tonight?

wpj
10-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Any reason for it? Surely the green and white strip doesn't clash?

Galahibby
10-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Dunno, but I feel like I need a pair of sunglasses to watch the game.

DaveF
10-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I hate this away top but I'll forgive it if we win.

ColinNish
10-03-2017, 07:14 PM
We've worn the away strip in every away game this season afaik

lapsedhibee
10-03-2017, 07:15 PM

The green and white strip doesn't clash with any other club in Scotland. I'm beginning to wonder if away strips aren't about colour clashes, but something more commercial.

ClewsHibs
10-03-2017, 07:21 PM
The green and white strip doesn't clash with any other club in Scotland. I'm beginning to wonder if away strips aren't about colour clashes, but something more commercial.

Definitely commercial. Derek Adams even mentioned this on sky sports news a few days back

worcesterhibby
10-03-2017, 07:39 PM
players say they like wearing it as it means they can just keep it on for the cycle home.

Steve20
10-03-2017, 07:43 PM
We have worn it every away league game this season. I'd rather we were in the green but it's a nice enough strip.

Dibben
10-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Definitely commercial - have to say though - I think it's about time we wore the 'away' strip more often. Kids want the kit, but normally teams hardly ever wear the 2nd kit. Kids like seeing their heroes wear the kit they have.

Spike Mandela
10-03-2017, 07:46 PM

Wonder why they call it an away strip?:fishin:

MrRobot
10-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Cause we're playing away?

lord bunberry
10-03-2017, 08:07 PM

Correct, it's not rocket science. We've worn it in every away game.

BullsCloseHibs
10-03-2017, 08:12 PM
I really like this away kit 😊

ColinNish
10-03-2017, 08:22 PM
I really like this away kit 😊

Yeah but why don't we wear it at home? 🤔🤔🤔

wpj
10-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Ok so I don't get to many games these days for various reasons but when I did go home and away in the 80s and early 90s we seldom wore away strip. Much prefer the green and white

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Ok so I don't get to many games these days for various reasons but when I did go home and away in the 80s and early 90s we seldom wore away strip. Much prefer the green and white

:agree: Even when we played Celtc at their bit, we just wore green shorts to limit the white. The world's gone mad.

lapsedhibee
10-03-2017, 08:30 PM
:agree: Only need two strips.
Warm weather: green with short white sleeves
Cold weather: green with long white sleeves. And gloves.

LaMotta
10-03-2017, 08:57 PM

so why didnt we wear it against Hearts at Tynecastle?

its a brutal strip but if we win then who cares!

M11BMO
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Not keen on it tbh, looks more like a training top.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-03-2017, 10:14 PM
I like that we're actually wearing our away strip most away games. There's been seasons when we've worn our away strip once or twice, which seems a waste. It's not commercial, I'd say it's fairly obvious that either Lennon or the players, or both, like it. Must be easy to spot when you've got a split second to look up and play a pass.

MrRobot
10-03-2017, 10:40 PM
so why didnt we wear it against Hearts at Tynecastle?

its a brutal strip but if we win then who cares!

Does it matter? When we play away we will most likely wear our away kit. It's about time we stopped using away kits as a money maker only and actually used the strip.

RyeSloan
10-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I like that we're actually wearing our away strip most away games. There's been seasons when we've worn our away strip once or twice, which seems a waste. It's not commercial, I'd say it's fairly obvious that either Lennon or the players, or both, like it. Must be easy to spot when you've got a split second to look up and play a pass.

Daft though it may sound I've often wondered if playing in green causes is a disadvantage on the 'easy to spot' thing...

LaMotta
10-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Does it matter? When we play away we will most likely wear our away kit. It's about time we stopped using away kits as a money maker only and actually used the strip.

Does it matter? did you miss the bit where i said as long as we win who cares?

But to say that we are likely to wear our away kit away from home like its the norm is rubbish based on Hibs history.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2017, 11:09 PM
I hate this away top but I'll forgive it if we win.

Looks great under the lights, and easy to spot a team mate

Pretty Boy
10-03-2017, 11:14 PM
We're probably only a couple of years away from an NFL style kit system in the bigger leagues. Home top at home, away top away, a 'colour rush' strip for the odd TV game and a 'throwback' retro style top to be worn once or twice.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already tbh as it's a pretty easy money maker.

Bayern Bru
10-03-2017, 11:18 PM
We're probably only a couple of years away from an NFL style kit system in the bigger league. Home top at home, away top away, a 'colour rush' strip for the odd TV game and a 'throwback' retro style top to be worn once or twice.

Some teams seem to have home kit, away kit, third kit, fourth kit, European kit (usually a version of the third / fourth but without certain sponsorship).

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Some teams seem to have home kit, away kit, third kit, fourth kit, European kit (usually a version of the third / fourth but without certain sponsorship).

Our European strip as worn against Brondby didn't have the Crabbies across the shoulders.

Glory Lurker
10-03-2017, 11:24 PM
We're probably only a couple of years away from an NFL style kit system in the bigger leagues. Home top at home, away top away, a 'colour rush' strip for the odd TV game and a 'throwback' retro style top to be worn once or twice.

I know you're not supporting that, but :ill:

dp00
10-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Could it be that the player like it for what ever reason so we wear it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk