PDA

View Full Version : Cup or promotion: Might as well make a poll out of this

G B Young
10-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Easier, I think, to assess the overall preference by conducting a poll (rather than the thread about this that's already on the go - please feel free to merge if required)...

For me I'd take the cup over promotion again because based on last year's experience it would give me much more joy than being in the top flight ever could. I accept that the good of the club is better served by the TV money that being in the Premier League brings but other than that does anyone truly miss being there? Some might say the return of a regular derby would be good but personally I've been far more excited by the one-off derbies that the last couple of seasons have thrown up than the monotony of facing Hearts four times a season (or more). If the league format was to be changed to two big leagues, where teams only faced each other twice a season then yes I'd want to be in the top league but as it stands I can't say I feel any more upbeat about trips to Kilmarnock, Ross County, Inverness etc than I do about trips to Championship clubs.

RoxburghHibs
10-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Why not both? 😁🇳🇬

Speedy
10-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Cup for me. Here we go, three in a row.

SuperTortolano
10-03-2017, 04:26 PM
I love the European trips, hence the cup for me.

Bristolhibby
10-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Promotion. Can't vote from my phone for some reason.

J

SJNB Hibby
10-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Cup for me, 2 in a row, European football and no group stages of the League Cup!!

Plus it will give us another chance to win the Challenge Cup:greengrin

Jim44
10-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Easier, I think, to assess the overall preference by conducting a poll (rather than the thread about this that's already on the go - please feel free to merge if required)...

For me I'd take the cup over promotion again because based on last year's experience it would give me much more joy than being in the top flight ever could. I accept that the good of the club is better served by the TV money that being in the Premier League brings but other than that does anyone truly miss being there? Some might say the return of a regular derby would be good but personally I've been far more excited by the one-off derbies that the last couple of seasons have thrown up than the monotony of facing Hearts four times a season (or more). If the league format was to be changed to two big leagues, where teams only faced each other twice a season then yes I'd want to be in the top league but as it stands I can't say I feel any more upbeat about trips to Kilmarnock, Ross County, Inverness etc than I do about trips to Championship clubs.

Yes. Looks like 2 in 3 voters do as well.

G B Young
10-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Yes. Looks like 2 in 3 voters do as well.

Yes, I'd expect a strong majority to put promotion first this season but it's interesting that quite a few would be prepared to miss out if it meant retaining the cup.

Slavoj Zizek
10-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Why not both? 😁🇳🇬

I agree, why not indeed, but let's face it promotion is non-negotiable this season. I shudder to think of our playing/management/board staff should we not go up. It is unthinkable but not improbable.

Speedy
10-03-2017, 08:43 PM
I agree, why not indeed, but let's face it promotion is non-negotiable this season. I shudder to think of our playing/management/board staff should we not go up. It is unthinkable but not improbable.

The same was said last year.

Dr What If?
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Cup for me...every day. We have only won 10 major titles, 10 titles in 142 years - not a lot. History won't recall another 2nd tier season but a second Scottish Cup in as many years would be remembered forever.