PDA

View Full Version : season ticket renewal.

tamsonsbairn
10-03-2017, 10:54 AM
posted this earlier on private members board, went down to easter road on wed to renew my disabled season ticket, as usual i had to show my award letter but they also asked if i could provide a photo of myself. i haven't been asked for this before. seems that Hibs are clamping down on people that use disabled tickets dishonestly. :aok:

Keith_M
10-03-2017, 11:01 AM
posted this earlier on private members board, went down to easter road on wed to renew my disabled season ticket, as usual i had to show my award letter but they also asked if i could provide a photo of myself. i haven't been asked for this before. seems that Hibs are clamping down on people that use disabled tickets dishonestly. :aok:

I think it's shocking that people are willing to con the club they claim to support out of money by using tickets they're not entitled to.

I'd actually like to see the club clamp down even more strongly on these people, maybe by announcing that anyone caught doing this will have their Season Tickets removed, or even banned from attending for a period of time.

Scouse Hibee
10-03-2017, 11:12 AM
I think it's shocking that people are willing to con the club they claim to support out of money by using tickets they're not entitled to.

I'd actually like to see the club clamp down even more strongly on these people, maybe by announcing that anyone caught doing this will have their Season Tickets removed, or even banned from attending for a period of time.

Spot on :aok:

Sir David Gray
10-03-2017, 11:26 AM
I think demanding a photo to be provided is excessive particularly when it's a renewal from the previous season and you're providing them with a DWP award letter showing entitlement to disability benefit for an indefinite amount of time.

I'll be renewing mine in the next few weeks so I'll see what happens.

tamsonsbairn
10-03-2017, 11:31 AM
i wonder if they are going to print the said photo onto the card the same way they do with other cards,(driving license etc). :aok:

wookie70
10-03-2017, 11:34 AM
I think demanding a photo to be provided is excessive particularly when it's a renewal from the previous season and you're providing them with a DWP award letter showing entitlement to disability benefit for an indefinite amount of time.

I'll be renewing mine in the next few weeks so I'll see what happens.

Seems a bit excessive to me too and bang out of order if they are not replicating this practice for all concessions. No issue with the club making sure that anyone wishing a concession has to provide evidence and I hope we do come up with practices that means tickets are used by category of supporter that they are sold for. It is though a sensitive area and I would have hoped that there is some groupings within our support that could work with the club to get it right. I'm sure I read that we have a disabled supporters group.

Blaster
10-03-2017, 12:00 PM
I expect the genuine disabled fans won't have a problem with it

The folk with the problem will be the ones trying to cheat our club

Nakedmanoncrack
10-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Abuse of the various concession tickets has been going on for years, I know people who do it, and I'm sure lots of others do. Seems sensible to ensure entitlement, thats hardly a crack down as such, it only looks that way because things were so lax til now.