PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final

JOD
09-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Not jumping the gun but when we win league and finish our games on 6th May

Learning from Sevco last year what should we do for 3 weeks until final ??????

JOD
09-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Sorry got the answer------ play the jams home/away

to build confidence for the Final !!!! Ha Ha

AND An E
10-03-2017, 12:50 AM
Careful. Come the morning, this thread might be awash with the "let's concentrate on the semi-final first" simpletons who imply that people don't have the mental capacity to split their focus, and also that people have the ability to change the outcome of football matches by merely 'concentrating'.

Dunbar Hibee
10-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Careful. Come the morning, this thread might be awash with the "let's concentrate on the semi-final first" simpletons who imply that people don't have the mental capacity to split their focus, and also that people have the ability to change the outcome of football matches by merely 'concentrating'.

I'd prefer to concentrate on the league games first 😃

AND An E
10-03-2017, 01:46 AM
I'd prefer to concentrate on the league games first 😃 Come oan noo :hilarious :greengrin

10-03-2017, 03:03 AM
Here we go.....oops, sorry wrong thread.

Santa Cruz
10-03-2017, 03:34 AM
sorry, there's no other way to say this but threads like this are not only stupid but embarrassing. We need to give others respect, and take one game at a time,or else we'll pay the consequences. This applies to fans as well as players, although I'm sure they will know this.

We'll have someone planning for Europe next!

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2017, 04:16 AM

Since when did we become like the other arrogant fuds that go about making these kind of statements ? Not for me I'm out.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2017, 04:18 AM
sorry, there's no other way to say this but threads like this are not only stupid but embarrassing. We need to give others respect, and take one game at a time,or else we'll pay the consequences. This applies to fans as well as players, although I'm sure they will know this.

Is almost as if...
and it's not even the school holidays yet...

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2017, 06:02 AM

I'd love Spain this time, we've not played there for a very long time.

Santa Cruz
10-03-2017, 06:08 AM
I'd love Spain this time, we've not played there for a very long time.

Would be good, any idea when the game might be? Travel costs will rocket nearer the time.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2017, 06:15 AM
Would be good, any idea when the game might be? Travel costs will rocket nearer the time.

They have not released the details yet, but i have taken a chance and booked Benidorm for the whole of june and july.

My mate says he's waiting for the league stages.

RoYO!
10-03-2017, 06:37 AM

Love this!
Players- one game at a time- yep, can see the psychology behind that...

Fans- bash on, dream, predict, fantasise! really don't see the harm in that! People are so ready to tell fans off for so called breaches of sport psychology. What difference does it make? So long as when you get to the game you give them all the backing you can muster!

GGTTH

Bristolhibby
10-03-2017, 07:13 AM
Since when did we become like the other arrogant fuds that go about making these kind of statements ? Not for me I'm out.

When's the parade?

J

Geo_1875
10-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Love this!
Players- one game at a time- yep, can see the psychology behind that...

Fans- bash on, dream, predict, fantasise! really don't see the harm in that! People are so ready to tell fans off for so called breaches of sport psychology. What difference does it make? So long as when you get to the game you give them all the backing you can muster!

GGTTH

I'm surprised some people bother going to the games. They'd be as well watching the results on teletext then saying "I knew we were ****" when we inevitably get beat.

scoopyboy
10-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Play offs would fill the gap nicely. :cb

calumhibee1
10-03-2017, 07:54 AM

Couple of weeks over in America playing MLS teams. With regards to europe next season, a Spanish team would be great or an Italian side in the qualifiers, maybe AC Milan? Not sure who id want in the group stages after that though

Canon Hannan
10-03-2017, 07:57 AM

It's a very good point Jod for any team with time off. Organise some friendly games and play at a good tempo. I like how our fans have confidence now and that runs through the club too. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

stuart-farquhar
10-03-2017, 08:42 AM
They have not released the details yet, but i have taken a chance and booked Benidorm for the whole of june and july.

My mate says he's waiting for the league stages.

I fancy a few days there myself never been.

Craig_in_Prague
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM
When's the parade?

J

Will it be the Sunday? What route?

where'stheslope
10-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Sorry to high jack the thread, but tonight is our cup final in Dundee.

Until this league is sewn up forget about cup finals, they are the icing on the cake!

We need first and foremost to get out of this "LEAGUE"!!!!

Bristolhibby
10-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Sorry to high jack the thread, but tonight is our cup final in Dundee.

Until this league is sewn up forget about cup finals, they are the icing on the cake!

We need first and foremost to get out of this "LEAGUE"!!!!

This. Then next week v Dumbarton, than Falkirk and again until the job is done.

J

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2017, 11:07 AM
There's a very good chance that when we win the cup we will go on to win the Europa League next season ...... will Hibs have to take that on a tour of schools and the like on the continent like we did in Scotland with the domestic trophy?

I know its a long way off, but we have to plan now to ensure we get it right.

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2017, 11:27 AM
We should deliberately not finish first in the league so that we definitely win the Scottish Cup again. Worked last season 😉

hibee_nation
10-03-2017, 11:40 AM
I was peeved at missing tonights game due to work but now i know we win the league anyway i'm not so bothered. :flag::hibees:gwa2::gwa:

Seveno
10-03-2017, 11:48 AM
First rule of Cup Final Club is the you don't mention Cup Final Club.

hughio
10-03-2017, 11:54 AM
There's a very good chance that when we win the cup we will go on to win the Europa League next season ...... will Hibs have to take that on a tour of schools and the like on the continent like we did in Scotland with the domestic trophy?

I know its a long way off, but we have to plan now to ensure we get it right.:

aok:

ian cruise
10-03-2017, 11:57 AM

Need to plan carefully if we're filling in the corners at the FF too. Don't want to have to play at Murrayfield.

rossevenil
10-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Personally think aslong as League is finished and we are promoted before Semi with Aberdeen we can go onto the final and really play without any weight or expectance
on our shoulders,who knows we might even get a Smeltic team unbeaten for the season and end their run....its amazing the weight that has been lifted by finally lifting that cup!

BH Hibs
10-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Here we goooohhhhh 3 in a row.

Onceinawhile
10-03-2017, 01:40 PM

Tap up morton, Dundee utd and falkirk and organise a friendly against who ever goes out the play offs first.

bigwheel
10-03-2017, 01:44 PM

where we are now - I'd be delighted to have that problem...we are a long way short of definitely winning the league..after tonight, we could be in a 3-04 way battle...

and as for the Cup...simply a bonus....

I'd go as far to say , keeping ourselves occupied until the final is one of the least of our current concerns.

JOD
11-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Just brought this back up again.

What are we gonna do as a team between 6th /// 27th May

Huns had same issue last year????????