PDA

View Full Version : The chase

Onceinawhile
09-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Question just came up:

Which team from Edinburgh won the 2016 Scottish cup.

Didn't catch the answer though, anyone know?

Pretty Boy
09-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Question just came up:

Fair play to the woman getting it right. Scottish football usually gets a s****** then a token 'Celtic' in quiz programmes.

Salt N Sauzee
09-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Question just came up:

Ask Andy Halliday.

FranckSuzy
09-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Question just came up:

Not sure if this pic has anything to do with it...?

Roxyhibee
09-03-2017, 04:54 PM
- And answered without hesitation by a retired lady from the south of a England.

Think we know who 'The Famous' are now..

Time For Heroes
09-03-2017, 04:59 PM

cracking picture

WoreTheGreen
09-03-2017, 05:31 PM

A thing of beauty cannot be matched.

PatHead
09-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Is it the same team that will win it this year.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Fair play to the woman getting it right. Scottish football usually gets a s****** then a token 'Celtic' in quiz programmes.

To be fair Hibs and the Yams pop up reasonably frequently on quiz programmes because neither team has the city's name in their title.

If you want to hear Scottish football get a kicking from a bunch of ignoramuses who know sod all about it I understand Talk Sport have it as the subject on one of their shows at 10pm tonight. The advert I heard for it could be boiled down to ..... Scottish football is ***** .. discuss.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Saw that, well done that woman! a 66-year-old from Essex no less.

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Question just came up:

Was just saying to the laddie imagine if she broke into a dance while singing the Hibs Hibs ohohohohohohoh Hibs song :-)

WoreTheGreen
09-03-2017, 05:52 PM
The wifey fae Essex is on fire

hibbyboy1
09-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Yesterday there was also.a question on 15 to 1 who became manager of Hibernian earlier this year and the lady got that correct as well.

WoreTheGreen
09-03-2017, 06:08 PM
On countdown today The huns tick tock

Famous Fiver
09-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Pity they didn't ask her how she knew. We might have got a wee rendition of SOL.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Process of elimination. The lady obviously knew that the yams are always out early doors.

Joe6-2
09-03-2017, 07:17 PM

With that sour faced Hun suit in the foreground, it was so obvious he was delighted for us!!

jacomo
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM
To be fair Hibs and the Yams pop up reasonably frequently on quiz programmes because neither team has the city's name in their title.

If you want to hear Scottish football get a kicking from a bunch of ignoramuses who know sod all about it I understand Talk Sport have it as the subject on one of their shows at 10pm tonight. The advert I heard for it could be boiled down to ..... Scottish football is ***** .. discuss.

Talk Sport finding time to mention Scottish fitba in amongst the Arsenal and Barca chat? Truly we are blessed.

I hope people will abandon this drivel.

Jonnyboy
09-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Correct. In fact I've seen a spoiler for an upcoming edition of the chase and it included the question "Which self appointed big team from Edinburgh bottled it after leading 2-0 in a home cup tie before going out in the replay to the eventual cup winners?" :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Talk Sport finding time to mention Scottish fitba in amongst the Arsenal and Barca chat? Truly we are blessed.

I hope people will abandon this drivel.

I would, but I listen to it in the kitchen doing the dishes coz its the only 'sport' channel apart from 5 Live that's available .... If there is any advantage to it its that it reinforces everything I believe about the right up themselves attitude the English media have to their football and their absolute ignorance of football just about anywhere else.

They only EVER mention Scottish football to have a go at it and contribute absolutely nothing.

Scott Allan Key
09-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I would, but I listen to it in the kitchen doing the dishes coz its the only 'sport' channel apart from 5 Live that's available .... If there is any advantage to it its that it reinforces everything I believe about the right up themselves attitude the English media have to their football and their absolute ignorance of football just about anywhere else.

They only EVER mention Scottish football to have a go at it and contribute absolutely nothing.

I would go as far to say the pittance SPFL football receives from fellow broadcasters for TV rights in comparison to England in what is still THE SAME COUNTRY, is a reinforcement of putting Scotland in its place, by word and deed by negating an important part (to many) culturally and socially.

givescotlandfreedom
10-03-2017, 01:25 AM

They're really tiresome. As Sutton said they'd be sneering their chops off at the state of our game if a Scottish team had lost 10-2 on aggregate like Arsenal. Extra deluded are fans of no mark clubs like Carlisle or Brentford telling us our game is crap of Facebook or Twitter.

Baw187
10-03-2017, 07:07 AM
I listen to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast and it's usually good but they seldom mention Scottish football. I don't mind as that's not why I listen to it but they did have an update on Monday where all they mentioned was the Huns cheating against Hamilton and Celtic getting a small challenge from St Mirren. Nothing about the holders getting through to their 5th semi in 6 years.

That got my goat to be fair.

linlithgowhibbie
10-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I would go as far to say the pittance SPFL football receives from fellow broadcasters for TV rights in comparison to England in what is still THE SAME COUNTRY, is a reinforcement of putting Scotland in its place, by word and deed by negating an important part (to many) culturally and socially.

Not too sure about the "SAME COUNTRY" !!!!!:confused: