Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

You can leave shinnie out for me. Not hard enough fast enough . Had 15hood mind against the **** but that's it. Lennon will start fyvie although he has been of it the last couple weeks

S4uzee
09-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Would start Forster ahead of Ambrose

Franck Stanton
09-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Think this will be team with exception of Cummings. Lennon wasn't too happy with him after his tantrum on Sat v Ayr.

Heisenberg
09-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Think this will be team with exception of Cummings. Lennon wasn't too happy with him after his tantrum on Sat v Ayr.

I'd be raging if he dropped Cummings again.

hibbysam
09-03-2017, 05:10 PM
You can leave shinnie out for me. Not hard enough fast enough . Had 15hood mind against the **** but that's it. Lennon will start fyvie although he has been of it the last couple weeks

15 minutes? Away and don't talk pish. He was absolutely superb against both Hearts and Ayr.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2017, 05:22 PM

No danger Cummings will be left out of this game. Not a chance.

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
15 minutes? Away and don't talk pish. He was absolutely superb against both Hearts and Ayr.

There was me about to chip in that Shinnie would be one of my first picks for this game.

Enough said
09-03-2017, 05:31 PM
There was me about to chip in that Shinnie would be one of my first picks for this game.

Passenger most weeks not his game on Friday we need to dig deep am afraid

J-C
09-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Need Cummings goals, can't drop him.

hibbysam
09-03-2017, 05:41 PM

So he's went from having 15 minutes of a good game to 'most weeks'... a bit like at home to Hearts eh... There was me thinking having footballers in the team would certainly help. Interested to hear who you'd have at left midfield though. 'Here Andy, MOTM last week, no got the bottle, your out'

Franck Stanton
09-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Not saying I want him dropped, just a wee niggle I have after Cummings throwing his teddy out the pram.

09-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

I agree this will be the starting line-up. Hoping to see Hanlon, McGeouch and Humphrey on the bench.

HibsNutter
09-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Fyvie

Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Passenger most weeks not his game on Friday we need to dig deep am afraidShinnie digs in and fights as much as anyone. Bizarre post.

Ronniekirk
09-03-2017, 07:12 PM

No chance of that IMO. Ambrose shwed what he can do against Ayr Very Srong and for a Big Fella had some Sublime touches
Lenon rates him and he wasnt brought in just for covet If Lennon thinks he adds a different dimension that can improve us he could keep his place
Only worry is way way he alwayys thinks he can outmuscle an opponent and use his pace to get him out of trouble But think he will get better with more game time

Albanian Hibs
09-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Shinnie digs in and fights as much as anyone. Bizarre post.

Exactly and I bet he starts tomorrow night.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we went 352

ian cruise
09-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Shinnie digs in and fights as much as anyone. Bizarre post.

C'mon we need a boo boy and it's difficult to pick on Lewis since he won the cup so Andy will do. Who cares about facts such as man of the match awards or the fact he's always trying to get involved when you can just make random criticism online.

BSEJVT
09-03-2017, 07:41 PM
I am not Shinnie's biggest fan but if we presume that we will play Holt & Cummings up top (either with or without Boyle) then we need some creativity from midfield.

I don't see Lennon trusting Dylan so it has to be Andrew Shinnie.

Shinnie isn't as bad as folk make out, but unfortunately he doesn't deliver as much as either I expected or think he should.

He does some things very well and if he gets the ball under control early, runs well enough with it and is capable of playing a decent ball. Just not often enough.

If however he miss controls it at the outset it feels like he panics rather than relying on his undoubted ability and then its never under control and virtually guaranteed to end poorly.

Like far too many of our midfield and forwards though he is a terrible finisher who rather than pulling the trigger early has an infuriating habit of running down blind alleys and getting crowded out.

When his time at Hibs is over I will look back at it and think this was a guy we never saw the best of who could have / should have done much better for us.

Unfortunately he will join a cast of thousands of players I think the same of after 50 years watching Hibs.

Lancs Harp
09-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Yeah think thats the starting line up I would go with too.

swordin3
09-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Shinnie seems to split opinion on here yes he can be frustrating at times but he is one player who never hides he is always looking to get on the ball regardless if he has just mucked up.
There are other players such as fyvie or Boyle who can go missing for twenty mins at a time.
Yes he is not perfect and can be slow to release the ball or make the right decision sometimes but he can go past players and is generally positive when on the ball.

swordin3
09-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Yeah think thats the starting line up I would go with too.

My team for tomorrow too.:flag::flag::flag:

JackLadd
09-03-2017, 08:21 PM
I think the side is looking more settled in midfield with Boyle, SJM, Marv and Shinnie giving us a good balance. Expect a win.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2017, 08:34 PM
I think the side is looking more settled in midfield with Boyle, SJM, Marv and Shinnie giving us a good balance. Expect a win.

I agree. Just playing them as a flat 4 and not complicating it like we did at Paisley when the shape was all over the place.

Hope Fyvie is left out again. I think some of his performances over the last month have been dreadful.

northstandhibby
09-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

:aok:

Looks good. Winning team for me.

glory glory

S4uzee
09-03-2017, 08:45 PM
No chance of that IMO. Ambrose shwed what he can do against Ayr Very Srong and for a Big Fella had some Sublime touches
Lenon rates him and he wasnt brought in just for covet If Lennon thinks he adds a different dimension that can improve us he could keep his place
Only worry is way way he alwayys thinks he can outmuscle an opponent and use his pace to get him out of trouble But think he will get better with more game time
Let's be honest Ambrose wasn't up against much v Ayr and had a few slack passes.

Forster was excellent v Hearts

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2017, 08:46 PM

We dug deep against Hearts Shinnie shone schwimmingly. Need somebody to play football and open them up.

RamYer1902
09-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Shinnie looked good coming in off the left side for me.

I agree with the OP.

For me, it would be:

Marciano

Gray - McGregor - Efe - Stevenson

Boyle - Bartley - McGinn - Shinnie

Holt - Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
09-03-2017, 10:37 PM
I agree with the OPs team. Shinnie has to start as does Cummings. Often Shinnie is our only movement and also creates more than any other player. Jason is our goals and surely a 1 minute huff after a management team threw a hissy fit cannot be held against him. Wish Lennon didn't drop Jason for the last Tannadice trip as if he was on to take the pen then we may be a good few more points ahead in the league.

No idea what game the poster who wants to replace Ambrose with Forster was watching last week. Ambrose strolled the game and I don't think it is too much of a coincidence that Ambrose trying to play the ball to midfielders actually saw us starting to play a better style of football. That has been missing pretty much since Hanlon was injured bar the odd game.

The Leith Dutch
09-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Shinnie does lack consistency but you could make that argument about the bulk of our players - at least from midfield and forward.

He does have the ability to carve open a defence with a single pass and I'd have to say the times we've looked good as a team this season have tended to coincide with the games Holt and Shinnie have played well in.

I think the team pretty much picks itself for this one - only real debate is Fyvie for a more defensive line up or Boyle for a more attacking one.

Heisenberg
09-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Shinnie does lack consistency but you could make that argument about the bulk of our players - at least from midfield and forward.

He does have the ability to carve open a defence with a single pass and I'd have to say the times we've looked good as a team this season have tended to coincide with the games Holt and Shinnie have played well in.

I think the team pretty much picks itself for this one - only real debate is Fyvie for a more defensive line up or Boyle for a more attacking one.

Boyle has to start for me as he's the only midfielder with pace, he has the potential to run rings round Dixon. I'd stick with just about the same team that played vs Ayr, only change would be McGregor coming in for Forster.

Hibee Mac
09-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Fyvie has been very poor lately, I'd have Shinnie in the team over him to add some creativity going forward.

Without Shinnie playing it feels like everything has to go through McGinn.

Tyler Durden
10-03-2017, 05:40 AM
Boyle has to start for me as he's the only midfielder with pace, he has the potential to run rings round Dixon. I'd stick with just about the same team that played vs Ayr, only change would be McGregor coming in for Forster.

I agree and think we are starting to see the benefits of giving Boyle a prolonged run in the team at right wing in a more simple 4-4-2. In the last 2 home games he should have had 3 penalties and always gives us the option of going direct and getting in behind defences

steve75
10-03-2017, 08:47 AM
I agree with the OPs team. Shinnie has to start as does Cummings. Often Shinnie is our only movement and also creates more than any other player. Jason is our goals and surely a 1 minute huff after a management team threw a hissy fit cannot be held against him. Wish Lennon didn't drop Jason for the last Tannadice trip as if he was on to take the pen then we may be a good few more points ahead in the league.

No idea what game the poster who wants to replace Ambrose with Forster was watching last week. Ambrose strolled the game and I don't think it is too much of a coincidence that Ambrose trying to play the ball to midfielders actually saw us starting to play a better style of football. That has been missing pretty much since Hanlon was injured bar the odd game.

About 4 or 5 times he put Bartley under pressure with terrible passes into the midfield. Also near the end of the game there was a moment he was chasing a bouncing ball out towards the sideline and decided to chip it over his head into the space between midfield and defence. It was pure luck Forster was the first to the ball. These things can cost us if we're not careful.

Having said that, there were even more occasions where he brought a difficult ball under control and found an easy pass, something that we have definitely missed with Hanlon out. Another week getting to know his teammates should hopefully lead to a better understanding with them, so I would play him.

Big L
10-03-2017, 09:28 AM
3-5-2 Marciano

McGregor Ambrose Forster

Gray Martin Bartley McGinn Stevenson

Cummings Boyle

Andy74
10-03-2017, 09:34 AM

No danger!!

eastcoasthibby
10-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we went 352

I would like to see us play this shape tonight ...we need to have a bit of a go rather than sit back, sitting back will encourage them onto us,and they will do that ...so try n play the game in midfield and further forward ...!!

Allant1981
10-03-2017, 02:44 PM

why? forster is a very limited defender, ambrose has played well enough to retain his place and is a much better and more experienced defender than forster

ahibby
10-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I agree, with Dundee Utd having to come at us, Boyles speed up front for breaking would be useful as would Cummings. However, he might be kept for the second half to go up against tiring legs.

jacomo
10-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Fyvie

Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Why?

4-4-2 worked a treat last time v the Arabs.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Why?

4-4-2 worked a treat last time v the Arabs.

We lost 1-0

JimBHibees
10-03-2017, 03:11 PM
We lost 1-0

Beat them 3-0 at ER. Think it will be Boyle and Shinnie wide of SJM and Marv.

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Beat them 3-0 at ER. Think it will be Boyle and Shinnie wide of SJM and Marv.

Yeah when we played 4-2-3-1 not 4-4-2

HH81
10-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Sky have just said mcginn is out injured tonight?

Badger0762
10-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Sky Sports are stating that McGinn and Fyvie are out, Bartley doubtful with a toe injury.

Hibee87
10-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Unchanged form weekend with exception of McGregor in for Forster IMO.

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Sky Sports are stating that McGinn and Fyvie are out, Bartley doubtful with a toe injury.

Wow that would be a total disaster if true

frazeHFC
10-03-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm no going any more

10-03-2017, 03:57 PM

Maybe but tonight isn't the night to try and "make a point", we need goals and Jason is our best player at doing that. I hope Lennons had a strong word with him about throwing his toys out the pram but lets not cut our nose to spite our face.

10-03-2017, 03:57 PM

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2017, 03:59 PM
apparently united have been training with Durnan up front, source.. a fans forum :)

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2017, 04:01 PM

arrrggh wtf is it with this team and freakin injuries

Hibs90
10-03-2017, 04:02 PM

:rolleyes:

Callum_62
10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
whats wrong with McGinn and Fyvie likes?

Craig_in_Prague
10-03-2017, 04:14 PM
McGinn out is a disaster.

TRC
10-03-2017, 04:15 PM
mind games by Lennon??

Heisenberg
10-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Our midfield could be a total disaster tonight then. Would be absolutely typical of our luck if we were to go into this game without our first choice central midfield. Let's hope SSN are talking pish.

Real Emerald
10-03-2017, 04:22 PM
So if true we could be missing Hanlon, Fontaine, Forster, Bartley, Fyvie, McGinn and McGeough. 7 first team players FFS. Hope this isn't true as no team could handle that sort of injury list. What's going on?

makaveli1875
10-03-2017, 04:24 PM
if thats true who are we left with that can play midfield

shinnie , keatings , boyle and martin . how about dylan ? take it he's still out

Gmack7
10-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Hopefully nonsense, but if they are all injured I'm sure we'll go 3 at the back

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2017, 04:27 PM
if thats true who are we left with that can play midfield

shinnie , keatings , boyle and martin . how about dylan ? take it he's still out

Efe

Blaster
10-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Hopefully nonsense, but if they are all injured I'm sure we'll go 3 at the back

Yes that's what I'd do if true

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Yes that's what I'd do if true

We've not exactly got an abundance of fit center backs either though

Brooster
10-03-2017, 04:29 PM
McGinn and Fyvie were both at team hotel for pre match meal. Both had training kit on.....if that goes for anything.

Blaster
10-03-2017, 04:30 PM
We've not exactly got an abundance of fit center backs either though

I was assuming Forster was fit. If not then names oot a hat!

Callum_62
10-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Where are SSN saying this?

Cant see it anywhere?

Real Emerald
10-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Where are SSN saying this?

Cant see it anywhere?

On the SPFL headline banner, on TV

Badger0762
10-03-2017, 04:45 PM
whats wrong with McGinn and Fyvie likes?

Didn't say, not giving it any air time as it's on BT Sport. Mentioned Dylan may be available to play......if they are to be trusted and, as someone mentioned, Lennon is not playing some mind games. Doesn't seem to be his style though.

Callum_62
10-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Mcginn would be a terrible loss

Id be tempted to start Bartley over Fyvie anyway but loosing both would be a nightmare

2belhaven
10-03-2017, 04:52 PM
As another poster on another thread says this is exactly the same team news for our january 6th fixture versus utd. Wouldnt surprise me if Sky have picked this team info from that date

Franck Stanton
10-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Maybe but tonight isn't the night to try and "make a point", we need goals and Jason is our best player at doing that. I hope Lennons had a strong word with him about throwing his toys out the pram but lets not cut our nose to spite our face.

Agree 100% ,didn't say I wanted Cummings dropped, just that Ihave a feeling Lennon may do so to make a point.

Big_Franck
10-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Agree 100% ,didn't say I wanted Cummings dropped, just that Ihave a feeling Lennon may do so to make a point.

He surely wouldn't do that in one of the most important games of our season. I think it'll be Cummings and Holt up front again.

silverhibee
10-03-2017, 05:09 PM

Cummings first goal scorer and Hibs to win 3-2. 150/1 :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 05:11 PM
If Jason is dropped and we lose then that's beyond unacceptable. Sure that even Lennon won't do that.

cabbageandribs1875
10-03-2017, 05:14 PM
****...first reports of sjm and fyvie being out suddenly made odds on a dundee utd win at 21/10 a pretty attractive bet (for me anyway)...so took it :rolleyes: mon the hibs :)

HFCdeb
10-03-2017, 05:15 PM

Totally agree. Although, not expecting anything. Hoping the Cup Hibs show up and not the recent league Hibs.

Sioux
10-03-2017, 05:16 PM

Why would he want to 'make a point' in probably the biggest game of the season? Some folk just want to make up sh** to get attention.

Silver Fox
10-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Rocky

SDG
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

McGinn
Bartley
Shinnie
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Called it right

Franck Stanton
10-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Why would he want to 'make a point' in probably the biggest game of the season? Some folk just want to make up sh** to get attention.

Please read and digest the post before coming on just to have a go.

10-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Called it right

Prize money shared between almost everyone . :wink:

supermcginn
10-03-2017, 08:41 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

erin go bragh
10-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Called it right

Glad Lennon seen my post :)
Great win . On to next Saturday and another 3 Pts.

Still Smiling
10-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Still think the same Efe was class tonight and against Ayr.

hibbysam
11-03-2017, 08:43 AM

:aok::aok: