PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LADIES TO PLAY HOME GAMES AT AINSLIE PARK

RSS Bot
09-03-2017, 02:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7365)

1875STEVE
09-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Ive always thought it would be pretty cool to let them play their games at East Mains.

I know it would cost a fiar bit money, but Im pretty sure we have more land up their???

Maybe put in another pitch, dedicated for the women, maybe even some seating??

Pipe dream probably

Brightside
09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Ive always thought it would be pretty cool to let them play their games at East Mains.

I know it would cost a fiar bit money, but Im pretty sure we have more land up their???

Pipe dream probably

Maybe next year.... :wink:

Andy74
09-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Pipe dream probably

I would hope there is no chance we would be spending significant club money on infrastructure projects for the ladies team.

Saturday Boy
09-03-2017, 03:10 PM
In the 2015 season, they played a couple of games there, one was a cup tie when Albyn Park was being used. They used the 3G pitch that's fenced off.

Malthibby
09-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Pipe dream probably

Great idea.
GG

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2017, 11:49 PM
the ladies kick off against r angers this sunday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39197495

Hibernian defender Claire Williamson says Glasgow City face their toughest fight yet for the Scottish Women's Premier League, which starts on Sunday.

Last season, Glasgow lost just one league game and finished eight points ahead of Hibs.
City did not get things all their own way, though, with Hibs defeating City in the League Cup final in May and also November's Scottish Cup final.

ozwoody
10-03-2017, 11:13 AM
I would hope there is no chance we would be spending significant club money on infrastructure projects for the ladies team.
I doubt there would be "significant" funds spent on the women's team as opposed to the mens, but so what?
This team has won the scottish cup and supplied players for the national team on a miniscule budget.
The girls all have full time jobs as well as training, so should
be applauded for their commitment to hibernian fc.
The academy is hammered for not producing a conveyer belt of talent with the budget assigned to it but the girls are pilloried for taking money out of the coffers!
These girls should be applauded for the continued improvement over the years , instead of someone whinging.
If your daughter was playing for hibs ladies, would you be proud or moaning she was taking food out of a first team players mouth?!

Andy74
10-03-2017, 02:20 PM
I doubt there would be "significant" funds spent on the women's team as opposed to the mens, but so what?
This team has won the scottish cup and supplied players for the national team on a miniscule budget.
The girls all have full time jobs as well as training, so should
be applauded for their commitment to hibernian fc.
The academy is hammered for not producing a conveyer belt of talent with the budget assigned to it but the girls are pilloried for taking money out of the coffers!
These girls should be applauded for the continued improvement over the years , instead of someone whinging.
If your daughter was playing for hibs ladies, would you be proud or moaning she was taking food out of a first team players mouth?!

The 'so what' is that if we are talking about an infrastructure project for the women's team then that is significant money.

The rest of your post is just pointless. Of course the ladies should be applauded and supported in their achievements - that's a very different thing from spending significant club money on something that is marginally supported.

Don't confuse a desire for all our available cash to be spent on improving the first team with criticising the ladies. That's not the case.

Brightside
10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Any money spent on the ladies team will not come at the expense of the mens team.

Slavoj Zizek
10-03-2017, 06:40 PM
The 'so what' is that if we are talking about an infrastructure project for the women's team then that is significant money.

The rest of your post is just pointless. Of course the ladies should be applauded and supported in their achievements - that's a very different thing from spending significant club money on something that is marginally supported.

Don't confuse a desire for all our available cash to be spent on improving the first team with criticising the ladies. That's not the case.

TL:DR.

How utterly tedious. It is 2017. You have no concept how hard we have to fight for any scraps of funding. Happy International Women's Week.

Andy74
10-03-2017, 07:18 PM
TL:DR.

How utterly tedious. It is 2017. You have no concept how hard we have to fight for any scraps of funding. Happy International Women's Week.

You are totally missing the point. Though I'm sure you knew that.

I'd imagine virtually no Hibs fan regardless of how supportive of the ladies game they are would want significant funding laid out to build a stand etc for them at East Mains.

I'm sure you mean well but your sort of over defensive response to discussion of the ladies game does it a disservice.

I take my daughters along to their games so support it more than most but material funding cannot come from money that should be spent on the first team and the academy that supports it.

Slavoj Zizek
16-03-2017, 06:01 PM
You are totally missing the point. Though I'm sure you knew that.

I'd imagine virtually no Hibs fan regardless of how supportive of the ladies game they are would want significant funding laid out to build a stand etc for them at East Mains.

I'm sure you mean well but your sort of over defensive response to discussion of the ladies game does it a disservice.

I take my daughters along to their games so support it more than most but material funding cannot come from money that should be spent on the first team and the academy that supports it.

Cool story bro. Thanks for your displacement. We assume you are presuming my gender here. :not worth

The Hibee Harp
16-03-2017, 08:39 PM

Pipe dream probably

The ladies played at East Mains for a number of seasons and did so for free, however they CHOSE to move away so they could charge admission to their games.

jacomo
16-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Are you still banging this drum? Jeez...

Luckily our clubs a bit more far sighted than you. Have you any idea how much benefit we got from the Ladies Cup win last year?

ColinNish
16-03-2017, 08:48 PM

Luckily our clubs a bit more far sighted than you. Have you any idea how much benefit we got from the Ladies Cup win last year?

I've no idea. Please do tell.

Andy74
17-03-2017, 09:32 AM

You've misunderstood my post too. It's not difficult to follow.

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Hibernian Football Club - a football club for everyone.

It does seem odd the women's team spends a lot to train at Peffermill x4 a week and play at a rival SWPL clubs ground paying for a pitch there too when surely East Mains would make sense ?

They could still easily charge admission at East Mains where their development team sometimes plays ? Or maybe the wind / travelling distance and poor 3G are an issue at East Mains?

Celtic use Lennoxtown for example.

Saturday Boy
17-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Hibernian Football Club - a football club for everyone.

It does seem odd the women's team spends a lot to train at Peffermill x4 a week and play at a rival SWPL clubs ground paying for a pitch there too when surely East Mains would make sense ?

They could still easily charge admission at East Mains where their development team sometimes plays ? Or maybe the wind / travelling distance and poor 3G are an issue at East Mains?

Celtic use Lennoxtown for example.

Celtic play their SWPL matches at K Park East Kilbride