PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller Rumour

Jim44
09-03-2017, 07:28 AM
On FF there's a thread about us going for Kenny Miller, according to Scott Burns of the Express. Some are saying it's a ruse to upset Sevco before their game against Celtic. I'd say it was a ruse to upset us before our game against Dundee United.

Phil MaGlass
09-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Great they dont like it up em

Diclonius
09-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Why would it upset them? We can't sign him outside the window.

Ozyhibby
09-03-2017, 07:55 AM
I hope we are going for a younger signing than that next season. Hopefully just his agent drumming up some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve20
09-03-2017, 07:56 AM
On FF there's a thread about us going for Kenny Miller, according to Scott Burns of the Express. Some are saying it's a ruse to upset Sevco before their game against Celtic. I'd say it was a ruse to upset us before our game against Dundee United.

Why would it upset us? Kenny Miller would be a very good signing, even at his age.

ALF TUPPER
09-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Read an interview a year or so back and he said he would like to end his career with Hibs. Back where it started for him etc/...

Might be something in this ....?

Bostonhibby
09-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Could he fill the Matty Jack role?

JimBHibees
09-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Scott Burns usually pretty reliable re Hibs stuff but tend to think only a rumour.

Just Alf
09-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Scott Burns usually pretty reliable re Hibs stuff but tend to think only a rumour.

One of KM's good pals is a regular poster on here, he's keeping quiet on this particular thread so it can only mean it's true! :aok:

:cb

Springbank
It's an absolute sin when big clubs like Hibs take advantage of being financially-solvent major cup holders to prey on young inexperienced and frankly failing institutions like The Rangers.

calumhibee1
Would take him to be fair.

JimBHibees
09-03-2017, 08:13 AM
One of KM's good pals is a regular poster on here, he's keeping quiet on this particular thread so it can only mean it's true! :aok:

Maybe someone needs to leave out a saucer of milk. :greengrin

Just Alf
09-03-2017, 08:14 AM

Indeed! :greengrin

Jim44
09-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Why would it upset them? We can't sign him outside the window.

It would upset them because a lot of them want him to stay either as a player or part of their coaching team. Also an association with us is unthinkable for them.

Why would it upset us? Kenny Miller would be a very good signing, even at his age.

That's a reasonable opinion but another reasonable opinion is that he is not what we might need if we get promotion. He might be useful if we don't get promotion. The other reason it might upset us, which I did not mention is that they think it could be part of a deal for Cummings going West.

Roxyhibee
09-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Not sure I want him signing on as a player - maybe a 1 year contract to bring on Jason more next season.

But, I've thought for some time now that he'll be our manager one day.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-03-2017, 08:25 AM
The other reason it might upset us, which I did not mention is that they think it could be part of a deal for Cummings going West.

Highly unlikely.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
It would upset them because a lot of them want him to stay either as a player or part of their coaching team. Also an association with us is unthinkable for them.

That's a reasonable opinion but another reasonable opinion is that he is not what we might need if we get promotion. He might be useful if we don't get promotion. The other reason it might upset us, which I did not mention is that they think it could be part of a deal for Cummings going West.

He is out of contract though, isnt he? So thay wouldnt be the case.

jacomo
09-03-2017, 08:30 AM
KM should have joined us two summers ago. He's looked after himself and is still in impressive shape but the door can't stay open forever.

Jim44
09-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Highly unlikely.

I would agree but I'm just referring to the gossip over there. They're maybe getting bored waiting for news of their new Portuguese manager and EPL director of football.

heretoday
09-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Do we need a 37 year old who carries baggage and converts about one chance in four?

tamig
09-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Do we need a 37 year old who carries baggage and converts about one chance in four?

What kind of baggage is that?

Saint Hibee
09-03-2017, 08:41 AM
The only The Rangers player who acts like a human being - I'd take him.

KWJ
09-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Find this highly unlikely but it would be some laugh to sign Rangers' POTY two times in the past three years.

That's with them singing that they are going to sign Scott Brown inbetween us signing their best players and 3-0 gubbings at their place.

eastmainsmsh
09-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Only if we pair him up with Craig brewster

SeanWilson
09-03-2017, 08:50 AM

I'd take him and his bags in a heart beat. His link up play is still superb and IMO, if we had a player of his capabilities in our own ranks this season to compliment the current squad, we'd be miles ahead of the rest in this league.

Spike Mandela
A great admirer of Kenny but how long can he go on? Might just be a season or two too late coming to Hibs imo.

Cod Boy

He would convert more chances than most of our current strikers then.

jacomo
09-03-2017, 08:51 AM

If by baggage you are referring to his past with Hibs - just remember this is a guy who has played for both sides of the OF, and no one can accuse him of a lack of commitment.

For me it's all about what he can still offer on the pitch. I'd have welcomed him back even last summer, but now I am in the 'not sure' camp.

jdships
09-03-2017, 08:54 AM
" Thanks but no thanks " :rolleyes:

Humo
09-03-2017, 09:08 AM
I'd like to see him in our squad.

2 experienced strikers in Holt and Miller.
2 young hungry strikers with Cummings and keatings
And a chance to blood young strikers too.

Boyle is more of a winger anyway and so doesn't count.
Not too keen on graham so far

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Michael
09-03-2017, 09:18 AM
The Kenny Millar boat sailed for us when he chose Rangers 2.5 years ago. Surely he'd be too old for us next year.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2017, 09:22 AM

They bought him from us so the association is already there.

chrisski33
09-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Doesnt the kenny miller rumour always appear??

greenginger
09-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Na, they didn't ! It was the previous Club that bought him. :greengrin

Jim44
09-03-2017, 09:41 AM

I think the association that would get their goat is post liquidation and post Scott Allan debacle. After Celtic, we are their most despised club.

makaveli1875
09-03-2017, 09:42 AM
he will come to hibs when rangers no longer want him , he can get tae ***** dont want him anywhere near our club

Alex Trager
09-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Nice work

Alex Trager
09-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Find this highly unlikely but it would be some laugh to sign Rangers' POTY two times in the past three years.

That's with them singing that they are going to sign Scott Brown inbetween us signing their best players and 3-0 gubbings at their place.

To be fair the Scott brown song came when they were the old club ;)

snooky
09-03-2017, 09:53 AM
We need to turn our heads forward and stop looking back to players of the past.
They did their job and left - thank you very much!
Let's move on - frontways. :flag:

Smartie
09-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Forgetting for a minute who he is, who he plays for etc - will we ever be in a position to turn down the signing of the best performer for a top half premier league side?

If there's a chance we can do this we 100% should.

Waxy
09-03-2017, 10:00 AM
He'll soon be playing that walking football.

Thecat23
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Kenny wants to play at least one more season before going into full time coaching.

At this point it's no more than rumours but he's never hid the fact he'd like to finish his career at ER if the chance and time was right. I'd have liked to have seen him here couple of years ago but that's just me.

snooky
09-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Kenny wants to play at least one more season before going into full time coaching.

At this point it's no more than rumours but he's never hid the fact he'd like to finish his career at ER if the chance and time was right. I'd have liked to have seen him here couple of years ago but that's just me.

At least he'll be able to tell his grandkids he played when Hibs won the Cup :wink:

Smartie
09-03-2017, 10:17 AM
At least he'll be able to tell his grandkids he played when Hibs won the Cup :wink:

It would be nice if he could tell them he played in the "3 in a row" team.

.Sean.
09-03-2017, 10:18 AM

That's nice of him and all very well, but we're not a retirement home he can just pop back to whenever suits him.

I have taken him 5 years ago but not now.

sleeping giant
09-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Could do a job :greengrin:

As others have said though , how long can he keep going?

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2017, 10:35 AM

Oi ....... he would have to prove himself first :greengrin

Thecat23
09-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Haha very true 😁

Thecat23
09-03-2017, 10:37 AM
That's nice of him and all very well, but we're not a retirement home he can just pop back to whenever suits him.

I agree. I'm wondering if Hibs deal (if one happens) would also feature a coaching role as well.

Keith_M
09-03-2017, 10:41 AM

Have to agree with that.

I'm sure it would be a nice memory for him but we need to think of ourselves first.

FWIW, I think he would have been the perfect foil for Cummings this season but I have a feeling that Jase will leave at the end of this season (no inside info, just a feeling)

KWJ
09-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Don't really understand the retirement home stuff when he's playing so well. He's been Rangers best player for 2 seasons and without going over to their forums I'd imagine they'd very much want to keep him. Well those that can see through the bull**** that they are going to splash the cash.

He'd be an improvement on all our striker other than Cummings but he would bring a lot to the table that Cummings doesn't. I love JC but he wouldn't have scored that header above DM in the cup final.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2017, 10:52 AM
He is coaching at Sevco and from that point of view I think he would certainly be a valuable asset in that area, the guys attitude and professionalism as a player is beyond question.

But not as a player for two reasons:

1) ..... I don't really care how fit he has kept himself, I want to see us go for players who are young and hungry or in their prime and who have a sell on value, or even better developing players from our academy, something which will be very important to this club going forward.

2) ..... I am a fitba fan and hypocrisy is the gravy I drown my football banquet in ... I expect any ex player, especially one we gave his first big break to, coming back to ER with one of the ugly sisters to suck up the inevitable abuse and booing he will get with dignity. If he scores I expect him at the very most to cuddle a few team mates and run back to the centre circle with his arm in the air .... what I don't expect to see is him jumping the advertising hoardings and flinging himself into the away support in an explosion of joy, especially when that away support are the bigoted hoards ...... call it sour grapes if you want, but Kenny Miller enjoyed scoring against us a bit too much for my liking and I cant stand the wee scrote as a result :aok:

Smartie
09-03-2017, 10:55 AM
The football world is a bit obsessed with "sell on value" these days so handy older players can be easily overlooked.

I do think you need a blend of both. McCoist got the balance hopelessly wrong a few years ago by flooding the team with old guys and Warburton made a similar mistake this year.

But you have to have a bit of experience in your team somewhere and it can help your younger players come on leaps and bounds.

I think Cummings is looking a better player this year, mainly because of his own endeavours but also with help from Lennon and Holt. Having players like Holt around help Cummings, I think having Fontaine around has helped Hanlon too.

Kenny Miller would be a fantastic asset to have. He's in great shape even if he is knocking on a bit and he'd be a good influence on any young player.

As much as his footballing ability I'm sure that's why Rangers fans will be wanting to keep him.

Navids Numpties
09-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Are they actually stupid over on followfollow? They actually believe Cummings would go to them and believe Hibs would swap Miller for him. What have they been putting in the water out that way.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2017, 11:22 AM
I agree. I'm wondering if Hibs deal (if one happens) would also feature a coaching role as well.

Holt helps out with development team, can't see Holt and miller both being at Hibs next season

Sammy7nil
09-03-2017, 11:30 AM

I think we have a less prolific striker at present as much as I Grant Holt KM is way more effective and scores more goals at his stage of their careers.

scoopyboy
09-03-2017, 11:31 AM
We need to turn our heads forward and stop looking back to players of the past.
They did their job and left - thank you very much!
Let's move on - frontways. :flag:

I hear you Snooky but you may want to make a note of this.

Would you say the same about Steven Whittaker, Leigh Griffiths, Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher? :cb

:flag: :flag: :flag:

IWasThere2016
09-03-2017, 11:34 AM

Good friends with LD., and KM hasn't too long left and is on the record as stating he'd like to return. I think it is more than a rumour :cb

Vini1875
09-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Given a choice between Miller, Holt and Graham. I would have Miller every time. I have a lot of respect for Miller as a player and he would be good as a coach role model. He was also the only one of the huns to come into the dressing room after the cup final and congratulate the players and manager. In the aftermath of that game when the huns threw the toys out of the pram, Miller's actions showed a bit of class.

I do think though that the Miller story is a wee bit like the Strachan story, because of some ancient association he would want to come to Hibs. He likely has a plan - a year of football (not 40 games) and gain more experience in coaching, whoever can over that will get his signature.

Peevemor
09-03-2017, 11:38 AM
In terms of work ethic and experience, it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have him in the squad for a season.

Beefster
09-03-2017, 11:41 AM

Spot on. If he had really wanted to end his career at Hibs without taking the piss, he'd have re-joined us well before he was almost 38.

snooky
09-03-2017, 11:42 AM
I hear you Snooky but you may want to make a note of this.

Would you say the same about Steven Whittaker, Leigh Griffiths, Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher? :cb

:flag: :flag: :flag:

:greengrin Good point, Scoops
(There are exceptions to the rule, of course :wink:)

Deansy
09-03-2017, 11:50 AM

Like the Hun have an earthly !!!

:faf::LOL::rotflmao::hilarious

3pm
09-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Spot on. If he had really wanted to end his career at Hibs without taking the piss, he'd have re-joined us well before he was almost 38.

Not fussed either way but you can't judge him taking the piss until he has been and gone surely....

Alex Trager
09-03-2017, 12:24 PM
people have been saying for years he is finished and for years he's scored goals.

I'd take him based on the fact he is a goal scorer that scores goals. He's bailed the huns out many times in the last few seasons.

I amn't too bothered about his age. He does his job.

depending on how he finishes the season i'd look to give hima years deal.

Goals equals points.

He would help with coaching the likes of Cummings and potentially Olly Shaw too!

Stevie Reid
09-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Teddy Sheringham signed for West Ham aged 38 and was promoted to the Premiership with them, and he scored in the EPL for them when he was over 40.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at KM purely on his age.

SanFranHibs
09-03-2017, 12:56 PM
I think we have a less prolific striker at present as much as I Grant Holt KM is way more effective and scores more goals at his stage of their careers.

Have to agree with that but maybe the answer for next season is neither of them.

I still like Kenny Miller but he certainly has stronger links, profressionally, with Rangers now and if he has coaching ambitions perhaps he should be given his first opportunity with the new Rangers.

I hope Lennon has younger and more exciting players on his wish list for next season when we finished 3rd in the top division.

:flag::flag:

Lago
09-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Agree would probably been a useful player to have this season in the championship, but next season father time will have called I think.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2017, 01:20 PM
I don't believe there's anything in this. Kenneth is 200 years old. No thanks.

Paisley Hibby
09-03-2017, 01:21 PM

But don't the Scottish football press usually just spread stories aimed at upsetting teams who are about to play AGAINST The Rangers?

Any Scottish Premiership team (except Celtic) would love to be able to sign Miller so why not us? However, unless he's drastically changed his ways, he'll just follow the money so it won't be to us.

09-03-2017, 01:30 PM
I take him, maybe on a 1 year deal at first though and see how it goes. Despite his age he still always pops up with goals, especially in the bigger games. I wouldn't write him off because of his age, he's still got a few years left in him I reckon.

An experienced player who I think would be a good role model to the younger guys. Certainly the likes of Jason could learn quite a lot from him.

Paisley Hibby
09-03-2017, 01:37 PM
I take him, maybe on a 1 year deal at first though and see how it goes. Despite his age he still always pops up with goals, especially in the bigger games. I wouldn't write him off because of his age, he's still got a few years left in him I reckon.

An experienced player who I think would be a good role model to the younger guys. Certainly the likes of Jason could learn quite a lot from him.

Well said. And a great user name by the way!

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2017, 01:56 PM
We should just start an 'anybody think he could still do a job for us' dump bin thread for all our ex-strikers.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-03-2017, 02:07 PM
We should be looking at finding decent affordable strikers that we can sell on for a profit later

number9dream
09-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Miller has probably been Rangers' best player this season even though he's often stuck out wide.
The story will probably be a favour to the agent but he's not going to get a new deal before the mob at Ibrox find anyone willing to become their director of football.
For what it's worth, I'd take him ahead of Holt or Graham for next season. But hopefully we'll be bringing in at least two new strikers to help out Cummings.

CMurdoch
09-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Has been brilliant this season even at 37.
However, the fat lady must be due to sing at any moment.
If we must go for an experienced player someone between 30 and 32 years old is what is required.

KWJ
09-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Has been brilliant this season even at 37.
However, the fat lady must be due to sing at any moment.
If we must go for an experienced player someone between 30 and 32 years old is what is required.

Quite the paradox.

Leith's finest
09-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Bring Deek back he is younger than Miller

staunchhibby
09-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Wheres the cat.Usualy good for info.

silverhibee
09-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Lennon says he rates him and is a old team mate that looks after himself, didn't rule anything out.

Was just on STV news.

3pm
09-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Lennon says he rates him and is a old team mate that looks after himself, didn't rule anything out.

Was just on STV news.

Good mentality too.

Clarence
09-03-2017, 05:34 PM
A front three of Miller, Cummings and Griffiths next season it is then.

Blaster
09-03-2017, 05:47 PM
A front three of Miller, Cummings and Griffiths next season it is then.

Happy days 👍

Slavoj Zizek
09-03-2017, 06:20 PM
This thread is the worst example of circle jerking. Kenny is not signing for Hibs.

northstandhibby
09-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Apologies if repeating any earlier posts but I'd rather see the young guns coming through like Ollie Shaw etc than have Kenny Miller back. Don't get me wrong he was a cracking player for us years ago but his time as a player is reaching the end of days. Its time to start giving youngsters a chance in the years ahead.

glory glory

HoboHarry
09-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Apologies if repeating any earlier posts but I'd rather see the young guns coming through like Ollie Shaw etc than have Kenny Miller back. Don't get me wrong he was a cracking player for us years ago but his time as a player is reaching the end of days. Its time to start giving youngsters a chance in the years ahead.

glory glory
So is Zlatan - would you turn him down? I really don't get this obsession with age at all. The only relevant criteria is that he is still good enough, (he is) does he want to come to us (no idea) and we can we agree a deal (again no idea). Age doesn't matter a toss of he makes us better......

JimBHibees
09-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Totally agree has had a very good career, mostly based on attitude and fitness and is still Rangers best players by miles and banging them in. Personally would be delighted if he joined Hibs. Also showed his class after the cup final.

Eyrie
09-03-2017, 07:09 PM
This would make sense for us.

Would anyone be surprised if Holt returned to England, Cummings is sold and neither Keatings nor Boyle got a new deal?

That would leave us with only Graham, who is our fifth choice striker. So Miller would provide some experience and goals alongside a couple of new signings and Shaw.

J-C
09-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Ryan Giggs was one hell of a player at the same age, if you look after yourself like Kenny has done then age is just a number. If he can get us 15 + goals next season then he's more than welcome.

keep the faith
09-03-2017, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling he will be at hibs next season.no inside info but always had that feeling.
Lads as fit as a fiddle so I'm not concerned about his age.

Thecat23
09-03-2017, 07:30 PM
This thread is the worst example of circle jerking. Kenny is not signing for Hibs.

Really? This a fact I take it?

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2017, 10:16 PM

So is it a fact that he is signing I take it?

Waxy
09-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Surely we can do better.

JackLadd
09-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Antonio Di Natale was still a hell of a player at nearly 39, was offered a new deal at Udinese but retired. Miller isn't as prolific but has the legs for another year. Anything that winds up Billy Hun has to be good.

jacomo
09-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Surely we can do better.

He's had a better season than Graham. That makes him an upgrade on what we've got .

Thecat23
09-03-2017, 10:31 PM
So is it a fact that he is signing I take it?

Nope.

Waxy
09-03-2017, 10:37 PM
He's had a better season than Graham. That makes him an upgrade on what we've got .

And alot of players have had a better season than Miller with the plus being they're not OAPs

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Nope.

So it's not a fact he's not signing and it's not a fact he is signing.

There we have it - clarity.

jacomo
09-03-2017, 10:57 PM
And alot of players have had a better season than Miller with the plus being they're not OAPs

Fair point.

Dunbar Hibee
10-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Not sure how to feel about this one. Can't say I've ever had a great deal of time for the guy, and always seems to score against us! That being said, do have a certain amount of respect for him after going in to our changing room after the final and shaking everybody's hand and congratulating our players and staff. I suppose it depends who comes and goes after this season.

CentreLine
10-03-2017, 03:06 AM
Not sure how to feel about this one. Can't say I've ever had a great deal of time for the guy, and always seems to score against us! That being said, do have a certain amount of respect for him after going in to our changing room after the final and shaking everybody's hand and congratulating our players and staff. I suppose it depends who comes and goes after this season.

Kenny Miller has been an outstanding servant to every club he has played for including ours. Not to mention his contribution to our national side. It was a privilege to see him here for all too short a period but his move to Rangers did a great deal to keep us financially secure at the time. Mostly due to David Murray having our bank in his pocket.
With such a great talent and pace I am still very proud that my son, who was quicker but didn't make it in the game due largely to injury complications, managed to keep him out of the Scottish Under 16 team a long time ago.
If Kenny Miller wanted to end his career at ER I would pick him up and carry him shoulder high to the door. He still has something to offer on the park but would be an incredible influence on up coming talent.
Regardless of the current rumours of criminal investigation Kenny Miller will do a great deal more in the game before he is done imho. He will manage at the highest level I predict and I sincerely hope it's with us.

CentreLine
10-03-2017, 03:09 AM
Just because I want to be poster 100 on this thread I am going to add "come home Kenny "

CentreLine
10-03-2017, 03:11 AM
Just because I want to be poster 100 on this thread I am going to add "come home Kenny "

Fanny's. That was 101. Note to self. Mustn't do this stuff with a drink in me.

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 03:15 AM
Fanny's. That was 101. Note to self. Mustn't do this stuff with a drink in me.
You even got that wrong ya daft b*****d. It was #102 :faf:

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2017, 03:19 AM

We're really raising the bar now.

Smartie
10-03-2017, 05:51 AM

Who are they, and who of them would realistically be prepared to join us?

Niffy
10-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Kenny Miller has been an outstanding servant to every club he has played for including ours. Not to mention his contribution to our national side. It was a privilege to see him here for all too short a period but his move to Rangers did a great deal to keep us financially secure at the time. Mostly due to David Murray having our bank in his pocket.
With such a great talent and pace I am still very proud that my son, who was quicker but didn't make it in the game due largely to injury complications, managed to keep him out of the Scottish Under 16 team a long time ago.
If Kenny Miller wanted to end his career at ER I would pick him up and carry him shoulder high to the door. He still has something to offer on the park but would be an incredible influence on up coming talent.
Regardless of the current rumours of criminal investigation Kenny Miller will do a great deal more in the game before he is done imho. He will manage at the highest level I predict and I sincerely hope it's with us.

...and hid dad, Jocky, managed Dunbar Utd a few years back !

Waxy
10-03-2017, 07:15 AM
Luckily thats not my job but the Hibernian recruitment teams.

J-C
10-03-2017, 07:34 AM

Better scoring records at the moment are Kris Doolan, Liam Boyce and Louis Moult, don't know if any of them would be possible to get.

HAZ2000
10-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Always liked him and never understood the hate he often gets from our fans. I often hear the usual "needs to remember where it all started for him", after he scores against us, but why would a player who played for us over 10 years ago not celebrate against us? He's not a Rangers man and would 100 percent add something to our team. Definitely got 1 or 2 more good seasons in him.

andrew70
10-03-2017, 07:47 AM
...and hid dad, Jocky, managed Dunbar Utd a few years back !

I believe, maybe TC can confirm, that it was his old man who told him to move to Rangers at the time. Miller wanted to stay at Hibs for another year but Jocky told Kenny to 'take the money whilst it was on offer as you never know what can happen in a year' or something along those lines.

KWJ
10-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Always liked him and never understood the hate he often gets from our fans. I often hear the usual "needs to remember where it all started for him", after he scores against us, but why would a player who played for us over 10 years ago not celebrate against us? He's not a Rangers man and would 100 percent add something to our team. Definitely got 1 or 2 more good seasons in him.

17 years ago now. Mental.

I think he's become the archetype professional as he's grown considering his choice of moves and the way he got on with his Scotland career.

I mind Mark Burchill being picked before him when he was at Hibs, it really was a lifetime/generation ago and Miller is now a different player and happens to be one of the best players at the club with the 2nd biggest budget in Scotland. I'd happily take him.

WeeRussell
10-03-2017, 11:05 AM
There are a number of very big Grant Holt fans on here, a lot of who want him signed on for another season.

Granted he's a couple of years younger than Miller, but Miller is more mobile and scores more goals*. I don't see a huge concern with his age/fitness.

Assuming it would incorporate some form of coaching role, it could be a decent move for player and club. As much as I believe we will do very well to hold on to Cummings past the summer - they would be a decent pair of strikers to have in the premier league.

*This post was not intended as a dig at Holt in any shape or form. Only pointing out that Miller is still more than able.

BH Hibs
10-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Bring him home I say.

Beefster
10-03-2017, 11:31 AM
So it's not a fact he's not signing and it's not a fact he is signing.

There we have it - clarity.

But do we?

Tyler Durden
10-03-2017, 11:32 AM
This would make sense for us.

Would anyone be surprised if Holt returned to England, Cummings is sold and neither Keatings nor Boyle got a new deal?

That would leave us with only Graham, who is our fifth choice striker. So Miller would provide some experience and goals alongside a couple of new signings and Shaw.

I would be very surprised if that happened.

More likely that Graham and possibly Keatings leave with the others staying IMO. Boyle certainly will be offered a new deal

surreyhibbie
10-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Good enough to play for us. No question.

get him in.

Danderhall Hibs
10-03-2017, 11:43 AM
But do we?

:agree: the cat cleared it up. He says it's not a fact he's coming and it's not a fact he's not coming. :greengrin

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 12:24 PM
:agree: the cat cleared it up. He says it's not a fact he's coming and it's not a fact he's not coming. :greengrin

Correct, pretty straight forward! 😎

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Nothing to be done until season is finished. Until then it's just talk!

eastmainsmsh
10-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Roger milla was auld 😂

Fuzzywuzzy
10-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Totti. At 40 he's still doing a job. We're playing at the ****ty end of the stick of world football. I'm pretty sure that Miller would be a good addition. Ffs, some want Riordan back, a man that's chucked away his career. Here's a model pro still playing at 37 at a higher level than we currently are and we wouldn't want him......deary ****ing me

Dan Sarf
10-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Roger milla was auld 😂

Loved King Of The Road

:rolleyes:

California-Hibs
10-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Would take Kenny Miller at Hibs next season no problem 👍 Model pro, works, and can finish. Also still has a soft spot for Hibs.

snooky
10-03-2017, 12:56 PM

That's okay. He'll fit right if we have a repeat of some of our performances this year. :coffee:

Allant1981
10-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Totti. At 40 he's still doing a job. We're playing at the ****ty end of the stick of world football. I'm pretty sure that Miller would be a good addition. Ffs, some want Riordan back, a man that's chucked away his career. Here's a model pro still playing at 37 at a higher level than we currently are and we wouldn't want him......deary ****ing me

clint hill is playing at a higher level than we are and i wouldnt take him

Fuzzywuzzy
10-03-2017, 02:56 PM
clint hill is playing at a higher level than we are and i wouldnt take him

Fair point. Out with Celtic, Kenny Miller would still walk into any team in the premiership.

JackLadd
10-03-2017, 03:01 PM
The rumour is he's not being paid by Sevco. Wants a way out.

WeeRussell
10-03-2017, 03:43 PM

If that's true, it will be very easy for him to get out.

Beefster
10-03-2017, 04:31 PM

So he just wants someone to pay him? Better than pretending it's been a dream to finish his career at Hibs, I suppose.

MrSmith
10-03-2017, 04:36 PM

Would have Derek Riordan back with us every day of the week!

DH1875
10-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Nothing to be done until season is finished. Until then it's just talk!

Even with rangers?

What I mean is, if they offered him a contract he'd knock it back until the summer?

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Would have Derek Riordan back with us every day of the week!
Stubbs could have signed him and chose not too. That probably tells you what you need to know.....

Slavoj Zizek
10-03-2017, 06:03 PM

Yes. Spoke to the man himself on Monday. He will be the bullfighters ass man as of Tuesday.

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Yes. Spoke to the man himself on Monday. He will be the bullfighters ass man as of Tuesday.

Interesting!!!

Thecat23
10-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Even with rangers?

What I mean is, if they offered him a contract he'd knock it back until the summer?

No, he's been offered nothing and as it stands doesn't think he will. Unless that changes he's more than happy to listen to Hibs.

Jim44
10-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Roger milla was auld 😂

Great celebration 'tho. - https://youtu.be/3qw825-HCSM

Lago
10-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Can't see him coming if we don't get promotion.

jacomo
10-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Stubbs could have signed him and chose not too. That probably tells you what you need to know.....

Belting FACT.