PDA

View Full Version : Nerves kicking in for Tannadice

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 01:13 PM
INHO, the most important match of the season so far. In fact I'd take a win on Friday ahead of beating Aberdeen in the semi-final. The league form is stuttering now, and a defeat at Tannadice would put us under enormous pressure at the top. On the other hand, three points would put us in a very strong position, with games running out. We mustn't be left to take our chances in the play offs once again. A win for either side could prove a pivotal moment in the season. I'm getting nervous.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2017, 01:17 PM
A win puts us in such a strong position. 9 ahead of Falkirk with same games played and 10 ahead of United, even allowing for a game in hand that's still a big psychological edge.

I think we'll see a Hibs cup performance on Friday and we'll get the job done.

Callyballybe
08-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Agreed. I find it hard to 'physically' say that I'd take the win on friday over a win in the semi - But deep down I do.

Not to be too downtrodden, but we really have made it hard for ourselves unnecessarily. We should've taken 9 points from out last three games and been in the clear. Falkirk are now in the mix as well, and defeat on friday will ultimately undo alot of the good work we've done since xmas.

Actually, I've just made myself even more nervous....

Callyballybe
08-03-2017, 01:21 PM
A win puts us in such a strong position. 9 ahead of Falkirk with same games played and 10 ahead of United, even allowing for a game in hand that's still a big psychological edge.

It's what's needed. Hopefully your right!

SRHibs
08-03-2017, 01:22 PM
To think if we'd had a decent run against the ***** of the league we would almost be 20 points ahead. I've got a sneaky feeling will win comfortably on Friday anyway.

I'd take a win on Friday over a win in the Semi, but not a draw. With only 2 games remaining in the tournament the players should be more than fine coping with the extra fixtures.

scooby
08-03-2017, 01:22 PM

Agreed, I think that with the SC semi in the bag, the players will be full of confidence and right up for this.
Be great if we could shift a few more tickets and take a huge support.

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 01:24 PM
A defeat would leave United four points behind with a game in hand, and ourselves without a league win in five. A draw leaves us as you were, and that's okay. The win and it's happy days.

Nicho87
08-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Nervous is an understatement

scooby
08-03-2017, 01:31 PM

I'm feeling pretty confident about this one.

tamig
08-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Not nervous in the slightest. Looking forward to the trip. Bring it on.

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 01:39 PM

Well I'm taking a spare pair of undies. :agree:

Smartie
08-03-2017, 01:44 PM
We're hard to beat, we don't lose many goals but we tend not to score that many either.

I can't see past a draw on Friday.

I don't think we'll be too gung ho and I suspect if anyone scores they will go on to get a 1-0 win.

Huge game.

hughio
08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
We're hard to beat, we don't lose many goals but we tend not to score that many either.

I can't see past a draw on Friday.

I don't think we'll be too gung ho and I suspect if anyone scores they will go on to get a 1-0 win.

Huge game.

Optimist!

At least Dazza will be back.Need to be solid at the back .They moved the ball about quite well in the last encounter up there and we looked pretty punchless to my eye.
We miss Paul Hanlon's speed too.

If the midfield boys can turn it on then we should win.
But which Hibs team is gonna turn up??
:cb

Got my ticket but nervous.

MacBean
08-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Bigger game than hearts game in terms of our objectives for the season. Defeat is not an option

houstonhibbee
08-03-2017, 02:19 PM

I think also Lennon has learned a lot about the players since the last time we played there in December

every game will become progressively the most important now until we get over the line

hibsbollah
08-03-2017, 02:20 PM
I think we'll get beat, :worried:to set up a typically stressfilled final run in

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 02:24 PM
I think we'll get beat, :worried:to set up a typically stressfilled final run in

My fear is that defeat would see our erse collapse. We must get at least a draw.

Albanian Hibs
08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Not worried at all.

houstonhibbee
08-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I can't see us being as poor as last time and even then we were unlucky to lose and if anything Dundee Urdu have regressed since then

I think a draw at worst but think we will win 3-1

we will possibly lose against more unexpected teams and Morton and falkirkmwill be stern tests

bod
08-03-2017, 02:35 PM
i'm not nervous, i don't think i'll be selected to play

Ronniekirk
08-03-2017, 02:41 PM
We have had the week to rest players that reqire this and for Ambrose to partner Mcgregor again
The manner in which we started the game v Ayr suggests they are over the St Mirren Defeat and i would think that they will view this game as another chance to bury any thought they had of clawing points back
Expect us to win it and will be more looking at Morton and Falkirk results in next few weeks than United i suspect
But now is the time to go on anther winning streak

LichtieHibby
08-03-2017, 02:48 PM
For me, we don’t need to winthis. It’s a good idea to keep matches competitive up to the Scottish Cup Final.I don’t want weeks of meaningless games. I want us to stay sharp for pumping oneof the ugly sisters.

In fact, I think we’d be doingourselves a long term favour to lose it.

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 02:50 PM
For me, we don’t need to winthis. It’s a good idea to keep matches competitive up to the Scottish Cup Final.I don’t want weeks of meaningless games. I want us to stay sharp for pumping oneof the ugly sisters.

In fact, I think we’d be doingourselves a long term favour to lose it.

:fishin:

LichtieHibby
08-03-2017, 02:52 PM
:fishin:

;-)

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2017, 02:54 PM
;-)

:agree:

Callyballybe
08-03-2017, 03:06 PM
i'm not nervous, i don't think i'll be selected to play

I'm half expecting to be picked if I'm honest. So my nerves are justified...

Hi Heid Yin
08-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Losing is not an option.
Lose the game and United need only win their game in hand to be a mere 1 point behind us.
More ominously, Falkirk are gaining a good head of steam at the right time again.
Falkirk are only 2 wins from catching us.
The 6 point head-to-heads with both these teams will be nail-biters for certain.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2017, 03:19 PM
I can't see us being as poor as last time and even then we were unlucky to lose and if anything Dundee Urdu have regressed since then

Have we played them before? :-)

Vini1875
08-03-2017, 03:45 PM
We must win IMHO to get our league campaign on track. We also need to beat Falkirk and Morton over the next few weeks which puts us out of sight and sets us up for Hampden. Falkirk, Morton and dufc can all take points off each other.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Both teams are pretty stodgy in the League right now, difficult to see the game not being settled by a single goal. Hopefully it goes our way this time. As folks have been saying, this is as big a game as it gets for Hibs. Hopefully they will produce a performance.

1van Sprou7e
08-03-2017, 03:52 PM
We may well draw but to be honest I can't see us losing unless we get really unlucky.

This team generally plays well in important games

Alex Trager
08-03-2017, 03:58 PM

This is how I am feeling. I totally understand the magnitude of the game but I think we will be well up for it and we will win.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2017, 04:00 PM
We may well draw but to be honest I can't see us losing unless we get really unlucky.

This team generally plays well in important games

This where I am as well.

Bristolhibby
08-03-2017, 04:10 PM
We must win IMHO to get our league campaign on track. We also need to beat Falkirk and Morton over the next few weeks which puts us out of sight and sets us up for Hampden. Falkirk, Morton and dufc can all take points off each other.

Morton twice BTW.

The advantage as games run out we can knock competition away one game at a time. (Speaking glass half full guys).

No doubt Arabs, Dumbarton, Falkirk and then Morton is a crucial set of fixtures. Hibs have to be clinical and professional from the start of each game.

Regardless of the previous games outcome the team have to move on to the next "Cup Final" the week later.

J

Bristolhibby
08-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Anyone know when the Raith Rovers home game is going to be played?

J

08-03-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm feeling more confident about this game than I was last week about the quarter final (though felt happier when I found out about Ayr's injuries). Saturday's win will have boosted the team's confidence and with it being the biggest game of the season so far the players will be well up for it. No chance of being distracted by the cup as the semi is 6 weeks away.

Would expect DUFC to come out and try and win the game which will suit us. It'll be 6 days since our previous game and two weeks since DUFC's. Not sure if this is a factor but I'm hoping they'll have lost a little bit of sharpness.

Bishop Hibee
08-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Very nervous. All depends on what Hibs team turns up.

tamig
08-03-2017, 06:50 PM
This is how I am feeling. I totally understand the magnitude of the game but I think we will be well up for it and we will win.

We've never really let ourselves down when it's come to a big occasion this season. Even back in December, United were flying then and I still think we were the better team that night. I think we'll see a very positive performance in line with what we saw in the hertz and Ayr games - rather than the poorer Raith and St Mirren efforts.

Alex Trager
08-03-2017, 06:56 PM
We've never really let ourselves down when it's come to a big occasion this season. Even back in December, United were flying then and I still think we were the better team that night. I think we'll see a very positive performance in line with what we saw in the hertz and Ayr games - rather than the poorer Raith and St Mirren efforts.

Absolutely this imo.

Let's get the three points hibbys

JohnMcM
08-03-2017, 07:06 PM
I'm actually more worried about Morton and Falkirk than Utd. At the same time getting excited about another possible white-knuckle ride over the next month or so.

:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2017, 08:02 PM
United need to win this if they still have ambitions to win the league. We can use that to our advantage. Look back at the last time we played. We were out of the traps early and had them on their ***** before they had time to settle. Same again will do the job.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2017, 08:04 PM
No nerves just blind faith.

PatHead
08-03-2017, 08:32 PM
We will win by at least two goals

Big L
08-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Our form's been crap the last 4 league game but theirs is'nt great either, in the last 9 games they've amassed 10 pt's from a possible 27 and you can also throw a 6-2 doing in their from Ross County. I know, it's all on the night.

northstandhibby
08-03-2017, 08:50 PM
We had a decent performance and result at the weekend against a team that's done quite well against us recently. I'm hoping we can take that into the game against Utd and improve upon it. There's no doubt we can win the game if we play to our best, albeit a draw would not be a disaster, but hopefully we can turn it on and show Utd and the other teams in this league we are determined to be crowned champions this season.

glory glory

Michael
08-03-2017, 09:07 PM
United will be slight favourites as it's at their place so I'd take a draw. A win would put us in a great position, but it's a big ask.

Got to say though, I only get nerves betfore derbys or Hampden semis/finals.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2017, 09:12 PM
United will be slight favourites as it's at their place so I'd take a draw. A win would put us in a great position, but it's a big ask.

Not what the bookies think. Skybet have us 6/5 and them 11/5.

08-03-2017, 09:12 PM

I get them when Fonts starts dribbling forward when he's the last man.

Smartie
08-03-2017, 09:29 PM
I get them when Fonts starts dribbling forward when he's the last man.

This is the first season in about 20 that I don't get them when a high ball is flung into our box.

08-03-2017, 09:49 PM
This is the first season in about 20 that I don't get them when a high ball is flung into our box.

Agree 100%. I like Fonts, he was immense against Hearts and won everything in the air that came his way, plus 1 or 2 that didn't come his way but he still managed to get on the end of.

HibsNutter
08-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Think you'd take a draw? Watch the last game, they're pish. We let them off in the first couple of games. We don't have the Cup allowing our players eyes to wander. We'll do them.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2017, 10:02 PM
This is bigger than the two Hearts matches and the semi final put together.

Absolutely massive game which, if we win, would put us in a fantastic position for the rest of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Its a huge game for both us and United and it all depends on who can overcome the nerves on the night ..... in that regard I think we should have the edge over Utd because all of our players have big match experience.

But it depends just as much on what Hibs team turns up ... we have been poor in a lot of league games, but when we are up for it we can beat anybody anywhere ... I just hope we put in the same kind of performance we did against Hertz and Utd at Easter Road, if we do it should get us a result. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, but a win would give us a huge psychological advantage.

Nervous as hell for this one.

givescotlandfreedom
08-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Just win please, Hibs.

08-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Haven't heard any injury news lately, are we expecting anyone back in time for Friday? If not, I'm guessing the same starting 11 as the Ayr game except McGregor in for Forster.

CyberSauzee
09-03-2017, 01:21 AM
We will not lose this game.

I'm surmising NL plays for the draw from the first minute; plus going for the breakaway goals at every opportunity. That's his MO away from home whatever team he's been in charge of.

Halifaxhibby
09-03-2017, 02:58 AM
we will get beaten friday.....typical hibs....then unbeaten the rest of the season....its the hibs way!!!!
GGTTH
FTHMFC

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2017, 03:10 AM
Dundee United, Morton and Falkirk won't fancy playing resurgent Dunfermline and St.Mirren sides, who are the most dangerous sides in the division right now. Dunfermline at East End will be another huge game for Hibs and I'd expect us to take 5,000 plus over there.

Forza Fred
09-03-2017, 04:02 AM

Not nervous in the slightest, they are either going to do it or they Are not

Given up predicting how we will go....we just never know which Hibs are going to turn up. Now

Will get up and be watching or listening on Hibs TV nevertheless.

Glory,glory.

JimBHibees
09-03-2017, 06:45 AM
We will win by at least two goals

Agree think we will win 2-0 or 3-1.

Pete
09-03-2017, 07:01 AM
we will get beaten friday.....typical hibs....then unbeaten the rest of the season....its the hibs way!!!!
GGTTH
FTHMFC

Our way of doing things is probably the opposite. We'll leather United then we'll be put through the usual stress as we struggle at home to Dumbarton or someone.

Maybe the new "Hibs way" is to leather everyone. Starting now.

Squealing pig
09-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Is the game on sky?

3pm
09-03-2017, 07:19 AM
Is the game on sky?

BT.

Squealing pig
09-03-2017, 07:26 AM
BT.

Thanks

NZ Green
09-03-2017, 09:04 AM
I think we will win because its a big game, its the 'smaller' games I worry about.

chrisski33
09-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Im nervous and think both teams will either raise their or not. Sadly i think as its at tannadice utd will nick it 2-1

churchie16
09-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Hibs have the big game players we always raise it for the big ones 2000 odd fans roaring them on hibs to win 2-1 mon the cabbage!

Albanian Hibs
09-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Hibs have the big game players we always raise it for the big ones 2000 odd fans roaring them on hibs to win 2-1 mon the cabbage!

Add at least another 1000+ to that imo

09-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Huge game. It alone wont decide the league one way or another but if we beat them thats a big step closer and another psychological blow for them, lose and they'll be breathing down our necks and the pressure really heats up on us. They'll get a massive boost if they win as we will be much closer in sight.

Really looking forward to it though, hopefully get as good an atmosphere as last time, the hibs fans were immense the last time we were there :flag:

wookie70
09-03-2017, 02:27 PM
No idea to be honest. Lennon has been pretty brave in the big games and it has generally worked. Hope he doesn't play FF and Bartley together and goes for the win. Rare for me to miss a big game but Paisley scunnered me so think I'll watch on the TV and hope that I can get out from behind the couch early in the game.

SteveHFC
09-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Win tomorrow and the league is pretty much ours to lose.

HibbyAndy
09-03-2017, 02:47 PM
We won't lose

Albanian Hibs
09-03-2017, 03:45 PM
We won't lose

Agreed

Big L
09-03-2017, 10:07 PM
The Dun utd manager has said " they will throw the kitchen sink at us " if they do, then that will make a pleasant change from us trying to break down packed defences. I expect us to go all out for a win, so it should be a hell of a game GGTTH.

houstonhibbee
09-03-2017, 10:28 PM
The Dun utd manager has said " they will throw the kitchen sink at us " if they do, then that will make a pleasant change from us trying to break down packed defences. I expect us to go all out for a win, so it should be a hell of a game GGTTH.
Looks like we will soak up pressure and play on the break more

10-03-2017, 03:09 AM

MOTM performance from Boyle then please.

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 03:21 AM
Here mate - deal isn't completed yet but had an offer accepted for a house in the Klein school district - could be living fairly close to you by April.......

houstonhibbee
10-03-2017, 04:30 AM
Here mate - deal isn't completed yet but had an offer accepted for a house in the Klein school district - could be living fairly close to you by April.......
Ok let me know. My zip is 77389 Tried that Indian but wasn't that good. Plenty good places in the woodlands. Guess you know the area quiet well

HoboHarry
10-03-2017, 04:41 AM
Ok let me know. My zip is 77389 Tried that Indian but wasn't that good. Plenty good places in the woodlands. Guess you know the area quiet well
Mine will be 77066 (if it goes through). Surprised you didn't like the Indian - been there a few times and the food is excellent. I didn't ask but it was fairly clear (to me) that the food was from the Punjab region - I love the cuisine from that area.....

houstonhibbee
10-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Mine will be 77066 (if it goes through). Surprised you didn't like the Indian - been there a few times and the food is excellent. I didn't ask but it was fairly clear (to me) that the food was from the Punjab region - I love the cuisine from that area.....
What is the name? I think there might be two and might have gone to the wrong one

offshorehibby
10-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Heading for a couple in the Guildford before getting 3:30 train and I can't get Here We Go oot ma heed.

Albanian Hibs
10-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Heading up the road at 3.30pm. Staying somewhere in the city centre. Dump the bags and get to the nearest pub.

hfc rd
10-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Hardly nervous at all. Dundee United are very poor. Got a good feeling we will win tonight or even leave Tannadice with a point.

seanoheimhin
10-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Don't mean to sound too negative but it's an absolute must not lose more than anything else for me.

With a draw we'll keep the psychological edge as it's undoubtedly a better result for us.

A win would set us right on our way but lose and the **** could seriously hit the fan (again).

GlasgowHibee
10-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Biggest game of our time in the Championship tonight, if we win tonight, we win the league. (imo)

Lose, and all hell could break loose.

Come of the ****ing spare ribs. :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
10-03-2017, 02:29 PM
That's us away. :hyper

:flag:

Northernhibee
10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
:hyper

SteveHFC
10-03-2017, 03:32 PM
That's us away :hyper

KdyHby
10-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Enjoying my 2nd pint in the Counting House, Dundee. Good nos of Hibs fans already here.