PDA

View Full Version : NHC on threads

Hibbyradge
07-03-2017, 10:51 PM
I see an admin put NHC on my thread about Arsene Wenger. That's fine with me, but is that a rule now?

I thought this was a forum to discuss all things football, but it seems that folk need/want to be told that a topic, the title of which clearly indicates that it's about an English football manager, isn't about Hibs.

That seems unnecessary to me.

However, why no NHC outcry about the Blue Brazil thread, for example?

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Not sure that it matters a great deal.

monktonharp
07-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Not sure that it matters a great deal.it does, and I am not an admin

Hibbyradge
07-03-2017, 11:57 PM
it does, and I am not an admin

Educate me. Why does it matter?

And why didn't you take exception to the thread about The Blue Brazil?

I'm genuinely interested.

Mcpakeisgod
08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Just another excuse for people who like a wee moan to actively look to get there knickers in a twist - it don't matter a jot

iwasthere1972
08-03-2017, 01:14 AM
Can't see how it matters. There's normally a clue in the title thread where folk can see whether it's Hibs related or not.

There's more to life than getting your knickers in a twist over it.

GreenLake
08-03-2017, 02:30 AM
I find it amusing and sometimes quite interesting when threads about Hibs digress in various ways into other subjects which have nothing to do with Hibs. It seems to infuriate some members but I just speed read through if it isn't interesting to me. A particular form of this which draws vehement protest is the deviation which leads to a collection of puns.

SRHibs
08-03-2017, 02:35 AM
NHC tag is fine if there's a setting to filter the threads on the forum, so you can remove all NHC threads from view if you solely want Hibs content. If this isn't possible, then it makes no difference. 100% of the time you can determine whether or not it's a Hibs-related thread by reading the title/hovering over the title to see the OP content. If it's something that seriously bothers you, then you need to get out more.

A more pressing issue is a tag for pun threads, so we can be aware of which threads have devolved into a pun cringe-fest.

Tobias Funke
08-03-2017, 02:35 AM

It really, really doesn't matter. He's just being an erse.

Mr White
08-03-2017, 05:16 AM
I see an admin put NHC on my thread about Arsene Wenger. That's fine with me, but is that a rule now?

I thought this was a forum to discuss all things football, but it seems that folk need/want to be told that a topic, the title of which clearly indicates that it's about an English football manager, isn't about Hibs.

It's not a rule no. I put it on in an attempt to halt the pointless moaning from some about whether it was a subject fit for discussion on here. Apologies if it bothered you, I was hoping to keep the thread on track.

lapsedhibee
08-03-2017, 05:25 AM

Never mind the Blue Brazil. This thread's not about Hibs, so it should have had NHC in front of it. Absolute outrage, disgrace, etc.

theonlywayisup
08-03-2017, 06:41 AM
It really, really doesn't matter. He's just being an erse.

There are those in life who like to moan, constantly moan. The weather! The cost of a pint! The traffic problems on way to/from work! Road rage! The snoring of their partner! The quality of TV! The lack of respect from the younger generation to the older and vice versa! The puntuation or lack of it! The lack of atmosphere at ER! The full-backs! The Maggie Thatcher years! The Tony Blair years!

There are those in life that just get on with it. Life can be cruel at times and there are things in life that are really important and those that are not as important!

We're all (thankfully) different! I know if life who are the type of people I would rather be with.

hibs0666
08-03-2017, 06:55 AM
This thread should have NHC on it.

lapsedhibee
08-03-2017, 07:15 AM
There are those in life who like to moan, constantly moan. The weather! The cost of a pint! The traffic problems on way to/from work! Road rage! The snoring of their partner! The quality of TV! The lack of respect from the younger generation to the older and vice versa! The puntuation or lack of it! The lack of atmosphere at ER! The full-backs! The Maggie Thatcher years! The Tony Blair years!

:grr: :panic: :grr: :panic: :grr: :panic: :grr:

Kenny1875
08-03-2017, 08:48 AM

Because he's an absolute saddo

Hibbyradge
08-03-2017, 09:07 AM
It's not a rule no. I put it on in an attempt to halt the pointless moaning from some about whether it was a subject fit for discussion on here. Apologies if it bothered you, I was hoping to keep the thread on track.

It didn't bother me. I just found it strange and wanted to understand why it had happened.

I had been criticised by another poster so when the NHC appeared, it looked like the criticism was justified and I was confused.

Thanks for clarifying that it's not a rule.

Just as well it isn't, really, otherwise you'd be spending half your day putting NHC tags on all the threads about the yams, rantic, during world cups etc etc.

Jack
08-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Arsene Wenger is coming to Hibs!!!!!!!

bubblesmorrison
08-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Arsene Wenger is coming to Hibs!!!!!!!

Petrie would love him

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-03-2017, 02:54 PM
The main forum description is quite clear.

Carheenlea
08-03-2017, 04:36 PM
It's a thread like this that has you asking yourself if you are spending too much time on a football forum. Life doesn't have to be this serious.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm outraged. Fetch me my quill Im penning a letter to the Times.

AZhibee
08-03-2017, 04:48 PM
It's a thread like this that has you asking yourself if you are spending too much time on a football forum. Life doesn't have to be this serious.

I try not to think about that, I don't want the answer, can't wait for Friday.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2017, 04:58 PM
I find it amusing and sometimes quite interesting when threads about Hibs digress in various ways into other subjects which have nothing to do with Hibs. It seems to infuriate some members but I just speed read through if it isn't interesting to me. A particular form of this which draws vehement protest is the deviation which leads to a collection of puns.
Good point, so continuing the theme do we need something to indicate when a proper copper bottomed Hibs only thread deviates into areas that are partially Hibs related in that it's appropriate to refer to other teams by way of example or comparison? Or worse stray off the original theme entirely.

What would be an acceptable way of forewarning people about degrees of deviation? Would different shades of maroon be the way to go?[emoji6]