PDA

View Full Version : Semi final tickets for ST holders

Mainstandman
07-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Can anyone remember how many tickets STs could buy last year before general sale. My son and I both have ST but my other son wants to come too and I would prefer to get all the tickets in the first wave and not general sale if it's only 1 per ST

HibbyAndy
07-03-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm after 10 tickets and between us we have 4 season ticket so if we can't get them i'l just wait till the public sale

hibee
07-03-2017, 07:23 PM
It was 90 loyalty points and no restrictions on numbers you could buy.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 07:24 PM
I'd imagine it'll be two per st.

Bishop Hibee
07-03-2017, 07:28 PM

Yup. If the crowd is over 30,000 it's impressive given it's on BBC and the kick off time.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2017, 07:29 PM

And then it will be chaos on Ticketmaster

Last seasons semi against Dundee Utd
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-announce-ticket-details-for-scottish-cup-semi-final-1-4082384

H18 SFR
07-03-2017, 07:37 PM
I've managed to get firm commitments from 7 semi-regulars/big game only mates. That's in addition to our 4 season tickets so 11 in total. I really hope ST holders get as many as they want or it will be rubbish being split up for the game.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 07:47 PM
I've managed to get firm commitments from 7 semi-regulars/big game only mates. That's in addition to our 4 season tickets so 11 in total. I really hope ST holders get as many as they want or it will be rubbish being split up for the game.

Or just wait until it goes to general sale and buy them all together.

lord bunberry
07-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I would imagine it will go straight to a general sale. There's no chance that the game will sell out.

tamig
07-03-2017, 08:08 PM
And then it will be chaos on Ticketmaster

Last seasons semi against Dundee Utd
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-announce-ticket-details-for-scottish-cup-semi-final-1-4082384
Why would it be chaos? If it's two per ST, plenty to go round and a few thousand left over for public sale. Simple.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Why would it be chaos? If it's two per ST, plenty to go round and a few thousand left over for public sale. Simple.

Meant chaos on Ticketmaster, if too many are looking for tickets on day 1, always happens

Johnny Clash
07-03-2017, 08:14 PM
I would imagine it will go straight to a general sale. There's no chance that the game will sell out.

You could be right but given the massive achievement made last year I'd like to think we'd sell out our allocation. A huge Hibs support could make all the difference in pushing the team over the line and into the final.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Unlimited for ST holders (this season or next) then remaining tickets to public sale.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Unlimited for ST holders (this season or next) then remaining tickets to public sale.

That's pretty much a public sale from day 1, as most people will know of someone who has a season ticket

B.H.F.C
07-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Won't make it unlimited for season ticket holders. Not when we have the best part of 11,500.

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. Possibly one for an existing or new season ticket holder. Two if you are existing and have renewed.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Won't make it unlimited for season ticket holders. Not when we have the best part of 11,500.

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. So that might not happen either, not that I think we will take that many.

Never thought of it that way, could end up with season ticket holders not getting a ticket😄
Hibs have a lot to think about with this, to get it right

Glory Lurker
07-03-2017, 08:50 PM

I would hope not. ST holders have to get first dibs.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Will be two each at most IMO. Even that would account for 23,000 tickets which might be more than we actually get allocated by the time you take of the hospitality, debentures etc. Possibly one for an existing or new season ticket holder. Two if you are existing and have renewed.

Probably won't, but should.
It would encourage sales, no way we will come close to selling this out.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Never thought of it that way, could end up with season ticket holders not getting a ticket😄
Hibs have a lot to think about with this, to get it right

Wouldnt have thought it would make any difference Billy, surely they'd give us more tickets should we require more, it's not as if Aberdeen will bring more than 12-15k tops? :confused:

jgl07
07-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Has Hampden sold out in recent years for a SF other than for a bigot fest? They don't bother to open up the best seats (South Upper).

I would hope for 28,000 but maybe much lower given the kick-off time.

Scouse Hibee
07-03-2017, 09:39 PM

It had better not! ST's first then the rest.

.Sean.
07-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Hopefully one per season ticket holder for a few days at least to give all season ticket holders who want what you'd call the prime seats in the north and south first dibs.

Hibby70
08-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Hopefully one per season ticket holder for a few days at least to give all season ticket holders who want what you'd call the prime seats in the north and south first dibs.

Has to be this.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Has Hampden sold out in recent years for a SF other than for a bigot fest? They don't bother to open up the best seats (South Upper).

I would hope for 28,000 but maybe much lower given the kick-off time.

They have to offer South Upper to Debenture Holders or relocate them in the South Lower I always get three or four fro a Celtibc Debenture Holder so was glad we avoided them
Seems crazy i can do this and am not a Season Ticket Holder
But on the down side if its not a sell out you can be up there with hardly anyo e else
The last time that happened was against Aberdeen in a Semi when Latapy scored first and they went on to win 2. 1

percy veer
08-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Has to be this.

cant see I only being 1 each a least 2 or no restrictions never had any bother getting tickets for other semis.

speedy_gonzales
08-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Was it the semi or final last year where you were offered one ticket for each season ticket you had? I'm fairly sure I got one for my 15/16 ticket but could also have had a 2nd as I'd already bought my 16/17 ticket?!?

Pretty Boy
08-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Hibs will take a very big crowd to this. I'm going to say it will be about 17K if not a few more. Aberdeen will take about 12-14K then their fans will claim to have sold more tickets.

2 per ST for a few days then general sale thereafter will cover it fine.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Was it the semi or final last year where you were offered one ticket for each season ticket you had? I'm fairly sure I got one for my 15/16 ticket but could also have had a 2nd as I'd already bought my 16/17 ticket?!?

Final.

Semi was unlimited tickets for anyone with over 90 loyalty points.

RoYO!
08-03-2017, 08:47 AM
I know this might seem unnecessary but I'd go:

1 per ST for a few days.
Then 2 per ST.
Then general sale.

Think the club need to factor in the Ticketmaster problem and make this as pain free as possible. Those buying for others (part-timers :p) will need to wait for round 2 or 3. People who just want a ticket for one seat will get best choice and less traffic on Ticketmaster.

EH54
08-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Unlimited to ST Holders, then open up to General sale. There will be plenty of tickets to go around will also mean that ST Holders are able to sit next to mates family etc who aren't ST Holders. I know some walk ups who don't have a ST Holder mates or family wont be happy but there will be more than enough to go around

HibbyAndy
08-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Unlimited to ST Holders, then open up to General sale. There will be plenty of tickets to go around will also mean that ST Holders are able to sit next to mates family etc who aren't ST Holders. I know some walk ups who don't have a ST Holder mates or family wont be happy but there will be more than enough to go around

Agreed.

GreenCastle
08-03-2017, 09:30 AM
I really hope they prioritise season ticket holders.

Where does the away season ticket stand ?

I would open it to 2 per season ticket holder.

Make it easier for the club to shift more quicker and fans to sit next to friends and family.

Phil MaGlass
08-03-2017, 10:03 AM
I am not an ST holder, but they Should let ST,s get unlimited, not as if the game will be a sellout.

hibbysam
08-03-2017, 10:07 AM
I am not an ST holder, but they Should let ST,s get unlimited, not as if the game will be a sellout.

It's not about it selling out, it's about giving the STH's first dibs on the best seats. Making it unlimited from the start basically make sure it a general sale anyway.

WS Hibs
08-03-2017, 10:08 AM

If you're going to make it unlimited for season ticket holders, why not just make it general sale? Seems unreasonable to let season ticket holders hypothetically hoover up rows of seats for people who might not usually go to games at all.

(I say this from the position of a season ticket holder as of next season, I'm not worrying for myself. As you say, there will be enough to go around.)

Ken
08-03-2017, 08:42 PM
2 per season ticket will ensure a big crowd and we could potentially get over 20k. 1 per season ticket might unnecessarily restrict the crowd given we could probably ask for more tickets if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itslegaltender
08-03-2017, 08:47 PM
1 per ST then public sale if you are registered. Why should ST get an extra one to give to their daytripping pal?

Mantis Toboggan
08-03-2017, 08:49 PM
1 per ST then public sale if you are registered. Why should ST get an extra one to give to their daytripping pal?

So they can get seats together.
Its not going to sell out so theres no problem in doing so.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Why do we get the same nonsense every time a big day out occurs?

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2017, 08:52 PM

Because big day out hunters are many.

Brooster
08-03-2017, 08:53 PM
2 per season ticket holder for 2-3 weeks then public sale. Its the most sensible way. Hibs will take close on 20k.

PompeyHibs
08-03-2017, 09:01 PM
I can't remember Hibs taking more than 20,000 to a semi final but i think demand will be high for this game.

We average 15-18k all have been usual Sat/Sun 12ish Ko's

1. Season tickets holders 2. Shareholders (both direct and through HSL) 3. Hibs tv subscribers 4. Walk up fans = public sale

It will be interesting to see how Hibs decide to do it.

I'd prob say unlimited for categories 1-3 for x period then remaining tickets on public sale.

Aberdeen will bring between 12-18k as they will fancy there chances

If the demamd for Hibs tickets surpassed the 22,500 mark im sure Hibs could get the full top tier of the South stand as back up

stantonhibby
08-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Indeed, you could probably check the threads last year for the semi and it will be the same gripes about kick off time, prices and ticket allocation

Blaster
08-03-2017, 09:06 PM
2 per season ticket holder for 2-3 weeks then public sale. Its the most sensible way. Hibs will take close on 20k.

Spot on. Giving season ticket holders unlimited to start with reduces the chances of season ticket holders getting first pick at the best seats. Just result in a mad rush at the start again where it's not needed

South stand again this time??

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2017, 09:09 PM
I have a feeling we might take more than normal to this game, its a very winnable tie, and we are the holders.

Its not as if there's not enough space to fit everyone in who wants to go, so i'd make it a free for all from the beginning, and let folk buy as many as they want from the off.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2017, 09:13 PM
I would think we'll take at least 20,000. Its ok looking back to previous semi finals but equally when was the last time we averaged 15,000 plus for home games. Times change.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2017, 09:15 PM
I would think we'll take at least 20,000. Its ok looking back to previous semi finals but equally when was the last time we averaged 15,000 plus for home games. Times change.

We have 11,500 ST holders, imagine the uproar if went to general sale straight away, and ST holders missed out?

northstandhibby
08-03-2017, 09:17 PM

Agree with this. Everyone who wants a ticket will be able to obtain one, with st holders allowed the privilege of early and added numerical procurement of which is only right and proper.

glory glory

Glory Lurker
08-03-2017, 09:31 PM
We have 11,500 ST holders, imagine the uproar if went to general sale straight away, and ST holders missed out?

Never mind missing out, I'd be raging if I wasn't able to get a decent seat.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Never mind missing out, I'd be raging if I wasn't able to get a decent seat.

Indeed.....Folk wanting a free for all straight away:rolleyes:

Lancs Harp
08-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Last time I saw Hampden they only had one set of goalposts. Is it still the case?

Hermit Crab
08-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Where will the away season ticket holders be located for this?

Hermit Crab
08-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Because big day out hunters are many.

We have loads of them.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2017, 10:05 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

erin go bragh
08-03-2017, 10:16 PM

When you add in the fact that we're the holders and defending the cup .
Will Hampden be big enough .lol .

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2017, 10:18 PM

Prime seats surely

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2017, 10:36 PM

Away in a corner far away.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Away in a corner far away.

:greengrin:greengrin

Don't upset him Scouse

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2017, 10:47 PM
:greengrin:greengrin

Don't upset him Scouse

Apparently he was actually happy once but it soon went away. :-)

Mikey09
09-03-2017, 12:14 AM
There were seats aplenty at the QF against Ayr which was a huge game so would imagine it will be the same again... No?! :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Two per ST in the first wave and then a free for all .................. In all honesty I could see Hibs getting 30,000 tickets for this if we wanted them, I just cant see the sheep selling more than 18,000 which can be accommodated in the west stand and their half of the south stand.

If the SFA have any sense ( ha ha ha ha ha ) they will start selling sections in the south and west stands to the sheep to begin with and depending on ticket sales consider giving Hibs the whole of the north stand :greengrin

Though if I'm honest I can see Hibs getting close to selling 20,000 and the sheep 15,000 ...... still a decent crowd, but I'd love to see the place close to a sellout, unlikely though that is.

EH54
09-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Recently Hibs have traveled to Hampden for Semi-Finals in numbers with being holders I can only see that growing larger think we could potentially hit the 20k mark.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Looking at last seasons ticket details, will be the end of the month before these go on sale

hibbysam
09-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Looking at last seasons ticket details, will be the end of the month before these go on sale

Our place wasn't booked until the 16th though. By the time the four clubs got together after this, and released details, it would've been the end of the month. This year all clubs knew their position by the start of March so I'd imagine tickets going on sale in the next week or so.

H18 SFR
09-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Two per ST in the first wave and then a free for all .................. In all honesty I could see Hibs getting 30,000 tickets for this if we wanted them, I just cant see the sheep selling more than 18,000 which can be accommodated in the west stand and their half of the south stand.

If the SFA have any sense ( ha ha ha ha ha ) they will start selling sections in the south and west stands to the sheep to begin with and depending on ticket sales consider giving Hibs the whole of the north stand :greengrin

Though if I'm honest I can see Hibs getting close to selling 20,000 and the sheep 15,000 ...... still a decent crowd, but I'd love to see the place close to a sellout, unlikely though that is.

I could almost guarantee you that they will not sell the Dons' tickets in that way and that Hibs fans will not able to attend despite thousands of empty tickets.

Keith_M
09-03-2017, 11:50 AM
I'd just like to put it out there that I don't want a ticket for this game, as I can't get time off work.

There you go, that's one less seat for everybody to worry about.

:wink:

Billy Whizz
09-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Our place wasn't booked until the 16th though. By the time the four clubs got together after this, and released details, it would've been the end of the month. This year all clubs knew their position by the start of March so I'd imagine tickets going on sale in the next week or so.

You're probably right, but last years semi was a week earlier than this year. Think Hibs will also be keen to maximise ticket sales for the 3 home games this month.

H18 SFR
10-03-2017, 12:05 PM
I was really hoping this would be announced by today, anyone in the know heard anything re when the announcement will be made?