PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Aberdeen semi

HibbyAndy
07-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Is this been confirmed anywhere yet it's the Saturday ?

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 01:26 PM
No.

The Harp Awakes
07-03-2017, 01:27 PM
This says the Saturday bit the times can't be right.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-cup/fixtures

Lilely to change following tv schedules announced I think.

Jones28
07-03-2017, 01:31 PM
It's going to be a half 12 kick off, it's so predictable. Both will be.

GreenCastle
07-03-2017, 01:32 PM
How long do the Scottish FA need to sort this?

Still think it will be..

Saturday 12.30 - Hibs v Aberdeen

Sunday - the great unwashed - 12.15 ko

Curious to see pricing also..

Last year it was..

North/South Stand: Adults - £28, Concessions - £10
East Stand: Adults - £18, Concessions - £7
Concessions are 65s and over, under 16s and students in full time education with a valid matriculation card.

JimBHibees
07-03-2017, 01:32 PM
It's going to be a half 12 kick off, it's so predictable. Both will be.

Think the United semi final was a 1215 kick off.

Liberal Hibby
07-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Think the United semi final was a 1215 kick off.

Yes. 12.30 is too late to finish before 3pm in the event of extra time and penalties.

JeMeSouviens
07-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Saturday game needs to be over by (I think) 2.45pm to beat the tv blackout. Including possible extra time and pens, 12.30 probably isn't early enough.

I wish they'd go for 5.15.

southsider
07-03-2017, 03:08 PM
5.15 k o on the Sat. would be perfect.

CallumLaidlaw
07-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Yes. 12.30 is too late to finish before 3pm in the event of extra time and penalties.

Actually, our 2013 Semi against Falkirk was a 12.30 kick off. - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk.p.preprod.performgroup.com/news/20130405/latest-ticket-news_2262950_3133809

Wonder what the actual time was by the time we finished extra time.

EDIT - Just found the match thread. Looks like it finished bang on 3pm. Wonder what would've happened had it went to penalties. - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261651-Match-updates-Hibs-4-v-Falkirk-3-FT/page14&highlight=hibs+falkirk+match+thread

iwasthere1972
07-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Plus the pitch invasion. Add another hour.

KWJ
07-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Really hoping we're on early on the Saturday.

Will be in New Zealand with a fellow Hibee for that but if it's the Sunday I'll be on a plane coming home.

BullsCloseHibs
07-03-2017, 03:42 PM
5.15 k o on the Sat. would be perfect.

it would be for the wool lovers :agree:

Dalianwanda
07-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Ah jeez I thought Saturday was confirmed. Gonna struggle for a Sunday game with flights and work.

monktonharp
07-03-2017, 03:49 PM
wish they'd bloody hurry up and let us know

ShadesLongThrow
07-03-2017, 04:07 PM
I use the Sky Sports subscription calendar for sending Hibs fixtures to my iPhone. That has updated to the Saturday but at 3pm!
Sounds like they know the day but not had the ko confirmed yet.

seanshow
07-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Saturday 12.15 confirmed for our game.
as expected live on Bbc.

And the other semi Midday Sunday

Vini1875
07-03-2017, 04:15 PM
OF will be on Sky on sunday surely with Hibs on Saturday on the BBC.

JimBHibees
07-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Saturday 12.15 confirmed for our game.
as expected live on Bbc.

And the other semi Midday Sunday

where you seeing that?

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Confirmed by sky sports. 12:15 on saturday

hibee_girl
07-03-2017, 04:23 PM
where you seeing that?

BBC confirmed it on twitter

Kojock
07-03-2017, 04:25 PM
where you seeing that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39195572

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2017, 04:32 PM
A 12.15 KO for a Scottish Cup semi final, why?

What an effing joke. :confused:

JimBHibees
07-03-2017, 04:35 PM

Pretty much the same as it has been for years due to tv coverage.

tamig
07-03-2017, 04:35 PM

It's nothing new. Our recent semis have all been lunchtime kick offs.

green with envy
07-03-2017, 04:39 PM

I really do laugh out loud when i read comments like this.

This was always going to be a Saturday lunchtime KO.

Harpandcastle
07-03-2017, 04:50 PM
It really is a total outrage, a cup semi played in a stadium within a 2 hour journey from 90% of our supporters homes at 12:15 - we'll have to be out of bed by the back of 9 on a Saturday morning - what a disgrace. Hibs should seriously consider forfeiting the tie in protest, as should Aberdeen.

hibs#1
07-03-2017, 04:53 PM
It really is a total outrage, a cup semi played in a stadium within a 2 hour journey from 90% of our supporters homes at 12:15 - we'll have to be out of bed by the back of 9 on a Saturday morning - what a disgrace. Hibs should seriously consider forfeiting the tie in protest, as should Aberdeen.

Seriously though that last bit?or is this a whoosh moment?

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2017, 04:57 PM

This was always going to be a Saturday lunchtime KO.I don't find anything funny about it especially for the supporters who live far away that want to go.

Diclonius
07-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Unexpected. Feel sorry for Dons fans, national stadium should really be somewhere like Perth.

JDHibs
07-03-2017, 04:58 PM
It amazes me fans are still shocked and out raged when this happens. All our recent semis have been the same im sure.

GET OVER IT.

Moaning about it on social media wont change it. TV Rights are worth billions a year to companies. It isnt going to change.

Feel bad for the Aberdeen fans. Thats a 4-5am start for them.

green with envy
07-03-2017, 05:03 PM

Yeah, should have done the same last year when we beat DUTD. Oh, wait a minute if we had done that we would never have had the pleasure of my greatest day in watching Hibs. But of course yer joking right?

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2017, 05:04 PM
I don't want to hear 'its been like this for years' comments on this ....... it might have been, but that doesn't make it right. As ****ing usual the fans take second place behind TV viewers, there is nothing to stop them making it a 5:15 kick off, which at least gives folk a chance to enjoy the day.

The SFA and TV folk seem to think that folk leave the house get in the car or onto a bus and get out at Hampden 15 minutes before kick off .... that's never been the culture at football in general, never mind a trip to a semi final .... absolute ********s the lot of them.

We should get together with the Sheep support and arrange a few unmissable banners expressing our dissatisfaction .... its time the MATCH GOING FANS reclaimed the game !!!!

green with envy
07-03-2017, 05:07 PM
I don't find anything funny about it especially for the supporters who live far away that want to go.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You didn't have to be a brain surgeon to workout that this was always going to be the case as it has for the past 10 years or so for a Scottish cup semi Final on a Saturday.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2017, 05:12 PM
We get a lie in compared to Dons fans, quit the complaining, it isnt a big deal.

Mantis Toboggan
We'll have to agree to disagree. You didn't have to be a brain surgeon to workout that this was always going to be the case as it has for the past 10 years or so for a Scottish cup semi Final on a Saturday.

Yeah it was always going to be the case.
But its still an inconvenience for those actually going to the game and symptomatic of the BS we have to put up with from tv companies.

Saturday Boy

Well I found this funny, even if no one else did 😉

marinello59
07-03-2017, 05:14 PM
We get a lie in compared to Dons fans, quit the complaining, it isnt a big deal.
:agree:
Plenty of time for a celebration drink afterwards as well.

JimBHibees
07-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Should be 5.15 however with the game the next day was never going to happen if the weather was to be wet.

Not fair on Aberdeen fans who have a 3 hour minimum trip down.

Hiber-nation
07-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Exactly. Not a problem at all for us. Sheep fans are used to it and it's miles better than an evening kick off for them.

Mr_F
07-03-2017, 05:22 PM
12:15 Saturday

SMAXXA
07-03-2017, 05:25 PM
To be fair they will have to work on the hampden pitch after our game and an evening kick off would probably make it more difficult to get it looking less of a coo field

HibbyAndy
07-03-2017, 05:27 PM
I might well be in the minority here but the earlier KO i much prefer, I actually like the excitement waking up early knowing i'm Hampden bound... Tunes in the morning, A Magners breakfast then the bus at Easter rd, Good sing song, Few juices:greengrin then heading for Glasgow, Plus with me having kids it means the earlier we get back the better plus no school on the Sunday , Yep 12.15 Saturday is barry with me :aok:

Hibbyradge
07-03-2017, 05:32 PM

How far is it between Aberdeen and Glasgow these days?

ajf
07-03-2017, 05:37 PM

Its a big deal to me so I'll watch it on the telly

Liberal Hibby
07-03-2017, 05:38 PM
We should get together with the Sheep support and arrange a few unmissable banners expressing our dissatisfaction .... its time the MATCH GOING FANS reclaimed the game !!!!

I suspect 5.15 with the potential for extra time and penalties might cause the sheepies problems getting back. It's better for public transport than the Sunday.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm amazed at the concern for fans of a club that are a couple of hours up the road.
4am? My baws.
They should be thankful they're not at the (towards) North end of a real country.

Albanian Hibs
07-03-2017, 05:44 PM
It amazes me fans are still shocked and out raged when this happens. All our recent semis have been the same im sure.

GET OVER IT.

Moaning about it on social media wont change it. TV Rights are worth billions a year to companies. It isnt going to change.

Why do they have to get up at 4am? Where are they coming from? Its only a 2 and a half hr drive down the road 😂😂😂

SRHibs
Pish.

.Sean.
Canny believe some folk still complain and give it the faux-shock at an earlier than normal kick-off.

On what planet was this ever going to be anything other than an early kick-off? Never in a billion years would it be 3pm, for the reason every man and his dug knows that doesn't even need repeated again and again and again.

Honestly, moaning cause it's a whole 60-odd miles away (I appreciate not for everyone, including the Aberdeen supporters but Hampden is simply just where the semi's are played and have been played for the last hundred and odd years, so tough titties) and in a different city and you'll need to be up a wee bit early. Hibs are in the semi final of the Scottish Cup with arguably the best draw we could've asked for, we've even got the preferred Saturday tie and you've still got some posters whining like a bunch of miserable auld grannies at a rainy bus stop cause it's no being played at the impossible time of 3pm :rolleyes:

DavieRoy
07-03-2017, 05:46 PM
The game can't be played between 2.45pm and 5.15pm due to UEFA blackout rules, although there is a bit of leeway for extra time.

With a game the following day and the pitch and branding around the stadium to sort out, it was always going to be early Saturday.

What surprises me is people are surprised. We all get annoyed about kick off times but it is a Semi-Final, kick off times shouldn't be an excuse not to go.

Remember in 2000, we played Aberdeen at Hampden Park with a 6.05pm kick off.

In 1995, we played Celtic in a Semi-Final at Ibrox on a Friday night.

To be fair, the Scottish FA get more money from TV per game than the SPFL do and we get Saturday night highlights.

DH1875
07-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Train from Aberdeen to Glasgow only takes about 2½ hours. If I were an Aberdeen fan that's how I'd be doing it.

Borderhibbie76
07-03-2017, 06:00 PM

This was always going to be a Saturday lunchtime KO.
Me too been that way for years so God knows where the shock is coming from??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

green with envy
07-03-2017, 06:24 PM
The game can't be played between 2.45pm and 5.15pm due to UEFA blackout rules, although there is a bit of leeway for extra time.

With a game the following day and the pitch and branding around the stadium to sort out, it was always going to be early Saturday.

What surprises me is people are surprised. We all get annoyed about kick off times but it is a Semi-Final, kick off times shouldn't be an excuse not to go.

Remember in 2000, we played Aberdeen at Hampden Park with a 6.05pm kick off.

In 1995, we played Celtic in a Semi-Final at Ibrox on a Friday night.

To be fair, the Scottish FA get more money from TV per game than the SPFL do and we get Saturday night highlights.

On a Sunday too.

Give me a 12.15 KO on a Saturday every time compared to 18.05 on a Sunday.

southsider
07-03-2017, 06:32 PM
On a Sunday too.

Give me a 12.15 KO on a Saturday every time compared to 18.05 on a Sunday.

Any news on Ref ?

marinello59
07-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Any news on Ref ?

Travelling from Aberdeen. He's already on his way apparently.

Scottie
07-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Any news on Ref ?
Yeah he will be of a Masonic persuasion, dress in black and will not give Hibs a decision all day. :agree:

Hibbyradge
07-03-2017, 06:51 PM

:faf:

HibbyAndy
07-03-2017, 07:13 PM

:hilarious

:greengrin

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Train from Aberdeen to Glasgow only takes about 2½ hours. If I were an Aberdeen fan that's how I'd be doing it.

Don't think there's one leaves early enough.

SuperAllyMcleod
07-03-2017, 07:36 PM

GET OVER IT.

4-5am? How far do you think Aberdeen is from Glasgow?

They can leave at 8:30 and be there an hour early.

Frazerbob
07-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Don't think there's one leaves early enough.

There are 3 trains that leave early enough, 0633, 0740 and 0842......all are £60 return already. There are no trains that arrive in time for 1230 KO on a Sunday. I tried to book a bus for the Aberdeen Hibs fans but already fully booked by the Sheep. It'll be the car for me. Even that journey, which usually takes 2.5 hours, on big match days like this & Scotland games, takes up to 4 hours due the football traffic. It took me 6 hours to drive down for the Scotland v Ireland game at Parkhead a few years ago. Takes ages to get through Dundee and the Perth to Stirling bit.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2017, 08:29 PM
The game could kick off at 3pm and keep virtually every fan happy, and not break any of the rules.

Just don't televise it. :greengrin

To be fair to supporters, they really are a 2nd thought these days when arranging tv timetables. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Canny believe some folk still complain and give it the faux-shock at an earlier than normal kick-off.

On what planet was this ever going to be anything other than an early kick-off? Never in a billion years would it be 3pm, for the reason every man and his dug knows that doesn't even need repeated again and again and again.

Honestly, moaning cause it's a whole 60-odd miles away (I appreciate not for everyone, including the Aberdeen supporters but Hampden is simply just where the semi's are played and have been played for the last hundred and odd years, so tough titties) and in a different city and you'll need to be up a wee bit early. Hibs are in the semi final of the Scottish Cup with arguably the best draw we could've asked for, we've even got the preferred Saturday tie and you've still got some posters whining like a bunch of miserable auld grannies at a rainy bus stop cause it's no being played at the impossible time of 3pm :rolleyes:

Folk like you are the reason people can make money by wrapping folk in clingfilm and make them lick out toilet bowls :aok:

monktonharp
07-03-2017, 10:37 PM
We get a lie in compared to Dons fans, quit the complaining, it isnt a big deal.It is a big deal. many fans will see it as a reason not to go and you know that. that in itself devalues the event and if I was an Aberdonian, I would certainly think twice about dragging the bairns doon the road. added to that, the whole experience of the day is spoiled because the fans can be toiling to get a couple of beers with mates before it and it will be bedlam trying to all get through and get in before the start. not happy.

marinello59
07-03-2017, 10:43 PM
It is a big deal. many fans will see it as a reason not to go and you know that. that in itself devalues the event and if I was an Aberdonian, I would certainly think twice about dragging the bairns doon the road. added to that, the whole experience of the day is spoiled because the fans can be toiling to get a couple of beers with mates before it and it will be bedlam trying to all get through and get in before the start. not happy.

The Aberdonians will just need to get up a bit earlier, it's a Scottish Cup semi final, surely worth it. The Sheep fans are quick enough to tell us how utterly fantastic they are as an away support anyway, here's their chance to prove it. I hope you are right though and most of them can't be bothered.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2017, 11:31 PM
The Aberdonians will just need to get up a bit earlier, it's a Scottish Cup semi final, surely worth it. The Sheep fans are quick enough to tell us how utterly fantastic they are as an away support anyway, here's their chance to prove it. I hope you are right though and most of them can't be bothered.

Not the point at all ..... they are fitba fans like us, no matter what team they support. Their opportunity to have a good day out supporting their team is being pissed on at the whim of the TV companies and their financial stranglehold over the SFA .... we should be supporting any gripe they have over the kick off time, not using it as a stick to beat them with !!!

marinello59
07-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Not the point at all ..... they are fitba fans like us, no matter what team they support. Their opportunity to have a good day out supporting their team is being pissed on at the whim of the TV companies and their financial stranglehold over the SFA .... we should be supporting any gripe they have over the kick off time, not using it as a stick to beat them with !!!

They will still have a good day out, they just need to get up a bit earlier. As will we.

Cameron1875
08-03-2017, 12:06 AM
From memory, every Scottish Cup semi final has kicked off around 12.15 since about 2004.

It beggars belief that people are shocked and fuming about this.

DavieRoy
08-03-2017, 12:18 AM
From memory, every Scottish Cup semi final has kicked off around 12.15 since about 2004.

Both Semi-Finals have been shown every year since 2010 but there have been many years previously in which both have been shown.

The second choice TV semi-final is always awkward as it is on Sky and BBC and has to fit both schedules.

Since 2010, every semi-final has had an early kick off and we have been in most of them. I understand people being annoyed but I don't understand people being surprised it is this kick off time.

As I said before, we have had Sunday 6.05pm for a semi-final and a Friday night too.

monktonharp
08-03-2017, 12:22 AM
The Aberdonians will just need to get up a bit earlier, it's a Scottish Cup semi final, surely worth it. The Sheep fans are quick enough to tell us how utterly fantastic they are as an away support anyway, here's their chance to prove it. I hope you are right though and most of them can't be bothered.right then, what time you expect to be up at/ you bringin' any bairns? what time will you set off, even if you are not expecting to grab a pint? the day is spoilt before it even starts, for some

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2017, 03:55 AM

Ah right I get it now ..... if somebody takes the piss for long enough it becomes OK ..... silly me.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2017, 06:31 AM
It is a big deal. many fans will see it as a reason not to go and you know that. that in itself devalues the event and if I was an Aberdonian, I would certainly think twice about dragging the bairns doon the road. added to that, the whole experience of the day is spoiled because the fans can be toiling to get a couple of beers with mates before it and it will be bedlam trying to all get through and get in before the start. not happy.

Getting up at 6/7 am doesn't stop people going to their work, why would it stop them going to see Hibs?

green day
08-03-2017, 06:41 AM
I suspect 5.15 with the potential for extra time and penalties might cause the sheepies problems getting back. It's better for public transport than the Sunday.

It wouldnt surprise me if plod kicked that idea out as well - both sets of fans would be absolutely blootered by KO.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Getting up at 6/7 am doesn't stop people going to their work, why would it stop them going to see Hibs?

It bloody does for me. :greengrin As someone else said, if you kick them in the balls enough times, it does not hurt anymore, but you wont be getting anyone who's not been kicked in the nads volunteering for said kicking.

In a time where we are probably along with the gimps across town the only two clubs who's crowds are actually up these days, the authorities really need to find a way of attracting new fans along to games, and not making it as hard as possible for those who do go.

Tv is a necessary evil i suppose, but we should be working as hard as possible to attract more folk through the doors, quite how i really dont know? :confused:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-03-2017, 08:15 AM

Agreed.

Scottish football has too few big, glamarous, showpiece occasions without constantly devaluing those that we do have.

Ko will prob knock a good five to ten thousand off the gate.

DH1875
08-03-2017, 08:27 AM
There are 3 trains that leave early enough, 0633, 0740 and 0842......all are £60 return already. There are no trains that arrive in time for 1230 KO on a Sunday. I tried to book a bus for the Aberdeen Hibs fans but already fully booked by the Sheep. It'll be the car for me. Even that journey, which usually takes 2.5 hours, on big match days like this & Scotland games, takes up to 4 hours due the football traffic. It took me 6 hours to drive down for the Scotland v Ireland game at Parkhead a few years ago. Takes ages to get through Dundee and the Perth to Stirling bit.

There are four trains, you missed out the 05.26. If your quick you can still do it for £30 return if you buy singles instead of returns. If there are 4 of you traveling you can actually buy tickets at the moment for £50 return and that's for all 4 of you. Only a few of these left though so be quick.

marinello59
08-03-2017, 08:55 AM
right then, what time you expect to be up at/ you bringin' any bairns? what time will you set off, even if you are not expecting to grab a pint? the day is spoilt before it even starts, for some

The perfect kick off time would be at 3pm but I wouldn't say that having it a few hours earlier would spoil the day, it's a semi final at Hampden. It certainly doesn't spoil the day for kids. Getting up early because you are going to Hampden just adds to the excitement when you are a bairn doesn't it?

Phil MaGlass
08-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Imagne had it been Inverness in the semi final, horrendous KO time,as for the comments of well you will have to get up earlier, aye like thats helpful for fans travelling from distance ffs. As Nae Nookie says we should be supporting them.

Frazerbob
08-03-2017, 09:16 AM
There are four trains, you missed out the 05.26. If your quick you can still do it for £30 return if you buy singles instead of returns. If there are 4 of you traveling you can actually buy tickets at the moment for £50 return and that's for all 4 of you. Only a few of these left though so be quick.

0526....I'll give that a miss thanks. What site do you get the 4 friends ticket?

hibbysam
08-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Agreed.

Scottish football has too few big, glamarous, showpiece occasions without constantly devaluing those that we do have.

Ko will prob knock a good five to ten thousand off the gate.

5/10k 😂 - They're not travelling from Brighton and leaving on the Friday morning, taking days off work into the bargain, they are travelling from 2 hours up the road. Most of their fans are from the central belt anyways as seen by their respective home and away crowds.

.Sean.
08-03-2017, 10:23 AM
5/10k �� - They're not travelling from Brighton and leaving on the Friday morning, taking days off work into the bargain, they are travelling from 2 hours up the road. Most of their fans are from the central belt anyways as seen by their respective home and away crowds.
Agreed. I absolutely hate the term bedwetting but some folks mattresses must reek of piss with the states they're getting themselves in over the sake of a couple hours.

If 5-10000 folk are put off because the game kicks off a massive 2 and 3/4 hours earlier than usual you need to question how arsed they are about supporting their respective team. Would they still be moaning if we got to the final and it was an early kick off?

Liberal Hibby
08-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Agreed. I absolutely hate the term bedwetting but some folks mattresses must reek of piss with the states they're getting themselves in over the sake of a couple hours.

If 5-10000 folk are put off because the game kicks off a massive 2 and 3/4 hours earlier than usual you need to question how arsed they are about supporting their respective team. Would they still be moaning if we got to the final and it was an early kick off?

Quite. Close to 30,000 made it from both cities at the same time a few years back. I suspect attendance will be a little bigger this year.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2017, 02:17 PM

For folk like me it wouldn't .... but semi finals above all games attract casual non regular fans, it affects their numbers when they are faced with situations like this, why would they bother to get up at 6am to go to watch a team they only follow as a casual fan when they can watch it on the telly without having to get up early or even leave the house and probably save themselves a couple of hundred quid into the bargain? One of the things that makes working people look forward to the weekend is knowing they WONT have to get out of their bed at 6am.

Answer me this ..... what other branch of the entertainment industry forces its patrons to put themselves out for the privilege of parting with their money? Apart from big festivals where people stay on site anyway what rock band would schedule a gig to start at lunchtime, they wouldn't because they know their fans would react badly to it and they would likely sell less tickets.

Can you imagine cinemas only showing this months blockbuster as a matinee? They show the films in the evening because they know that people often go to the pictures as part of a wider night out and that's exactly what a trip to Hampden should be, part of a wider experience where you get to enjoy the build up to the game with a couple of hours in the boozer beforehand, like it or not that's a huge part of the day for a lot of fans ..... if you don't agree try getting into a boozer within a two mile radius of Hampden whenever Hibs are playing there.

There is no branch of the entertainment industry that would dare to show the utter disregard for its patrons that football does .... but when you see the number of folk posting on this site who seem happy to accept being treated as an AFTERTHOUGHT its no wonder they get away with it.

Iggy Pope
08-03-2017, 04:39 PM
For folk like me it wouldn't .... but semi finals above all games attract casual non regular fans, it affects their numbers when they are faced with situations like this, why would they bother to get up at 6am to go to watch a team they only follow as a casual fan when they can watch it on the telly without having to get up early or even leave the house and probably save themselves a couple of hundred quid into the bargain? One of the things that makes working people look forward to the weekend is knowing they WONT have to get out of their bed at 6am.

Answer me this ..... what other branch of the entertainment industry forces its patrons to put themselves out for the privilege of parting with their money? Apart from big festivals where people stay on site anyway what rock band would schedule a gig to start at lunchtime, they wouldn't because they know their fans would react badly to it and they would likely sell less tickets.

Can you imagine cinemas only showing this months blockbuster as a matinee? They show the films in the evening because they know that people often go to the pictures as part of a wider night out and that's exactly what a trip to Hampden should be, part of a wider experience where you get to enjoy the build up to the game with a couple of hours in the boozer beforehand, like it or not that's a huge part of the day for a lot of fans ..... if you don't agree try getting into a boozer within a two mile radius of Hampden whenever Hibs are playing there.

There is no branch of the entertainment industry that would dare to show the utter disregard for its patrons that football does .... but when you see the number of folk posting on this site who seem happy to accept being treated as an AFTERTHOUGHT its no wonder they get away with it.

Long way around the houses.
You are Bobby Willimson and I claim my five pounds.
Nothing to do with going to the pictures or any other activity for that matter. What has boozing got to do with Cinemas? Do we need to fill publoads with folk waiting to see T2? Will they only show the film once? Do we have Aberdeen v Hibs on a constant evening loop for anyone that wants to go on whichever evening they choose?
Are the clubs only playing to support the promo on the new album they have out? Are they playing Glasgow on the Saturday and the rest of the country later in the week?
Wimbledon has millions of afternoon "kick offs".
Why does any game at Hampden have to evolve into a night out? Will nobody think of the children? (except obviously Monktonharp)
It's a dinner time kick off. Happens all over the world. In bigger places than this. The more sober our support the better as far as I'm concerned.

DH1875
08-03-2017, 05:40 PM
0526....I'll give that a miss thanks. What site do you get the 4 friends ticket?

Sorry bud I'm just back online and looks like their sold out. For future ref its scotrails official site and you can get the offer traveling to most places in Scotland if your quick enough. We use it all the time.

Brooster
08-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Suits me down to the ground especially if it deters drunk day trippers who berate the team when we concede two throw ins in a row.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Long way around the houses.
You are Bobby Willimson and I claim my five pounds.
Nothing to do with going to the pictures or any other activity for that matter. What has boozing got to do with Cinemas? Do we need to fill publoads with folk waiting to see T2? Will they only show the film once? Do we have Aberdeen v Hibs on a constant evening loop for anyone that wants to go on whichever evening they choose?
Are the clubs only playing to support the promo on the new album they have out? Are they playing Glasgow on the Saturday and the rest of the country later in the week?
Wimbledon has millions of afternoon "kick offs".
Why does any game at Hampden have to evolve into a night out? Will nobody think of the children? (except obviously Monktonharp)
It's a dinner time kick off. Happens all over the world. In bigger places than this. The more sober our support the better as far as I'm concerned.

Suits me down to the ground especially if it deters drunk day trippers who berate the team when we concede two throw ins in a row.

We get this every time we get to Hampden ...... I've missed two Hibs matches at the national stadium since my first one in 1979 and in all that time I've never had any problem with drunk day trippers, I've seen a couple of incidents but the way some folk go on you would think 90% of the support can barely make it up the steps without puking and the ones who do make it into the stands are looking for a fight with anybody who casts a glance in their direction, including our players.

Phil MaGlass
09-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Ffs this is not about drunk fans, its about getting a f, n fair deal for the paying public, the fan, we are being shafted time and time again by SFA, tv and police bloody Scotland, give us our 3pm ko back, its not about how many beers yi cram in, its about filling our national stadium, getting the game to folk who might not go but decide to go cos its no on the telly might be a start. 12 oclock is a bloody stupid time for a game. We also have fans that will bevtravelling long distance, its not fair on them either. Not a great way to promote the game with half empty stadiums.

Jones28
09-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Look at it this way: the league needs tv money, there are stipulations put in place to get that money, we will benefit as a club from said money, it was hardly a surprise that it's a 12:15 KO as it has been that way for years.

No point moaning about it because that's how it will be for the foreseeable - it's a trip to Hampden FFS