PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in London for the Dundee United game

grammyb111
07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Down in London for the egg chasing but hoping to catch the game on Friday night. Any (central) suggestions of pubs that will show it? Ideally one that has the Wales v Ireland rugby on as well since only a couple of our group are Hibs fans.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Would you not be better asking people in london?
:confused:

CyberSauzee
07-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Down in London for the egg chasing but hoping to catch the game on Friday night. Any (central) suggestions of pubs that will show it? Ideally one that has the Wales v Ireland rugby on as well since only a couple of our group are Hibs fans.

Quinn's in Camden will be showing it. Smart dress required but if you're going to the rugger you'll presumably have a jacket and tie? Or at least a pair of mustard coloured cords?

Brummie_Hibs
07-03-2017, 12:06 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?319548-Dundee-Utd-Match-Friday-10th-March-19-45-Piano-Bar

Pretty Boy
07-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Would you not be better asking people in london?
:confused:

Or drawing on the collective knowledge of a couple of thousand Hibs fans, many of whom have watched games in other cities over the years could also be seen as a good idea.

Haymaker
07-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Quinns is showing it, not sure what the menu is, or the wine for that matter, however I can say that if the truffle shavings are on the menu then you must try them - to die for!

Bostonhibby
07-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Watched a few Hibs games in the Rob Roy on Edgeware Road. Quite a few Hibbies used it as well.

Edit. Looks like now closed.

Brummie_Hibs
07-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Watched a few Hibs games in the Rob Roy on Edgeware Road. Quite a few Hibbies used it as well.

Edit. Looks like now closed.
Been closed for a while.

The William Wallace, Rob Roy and Scotia bars are long gone.

Bostonhibby
07-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Been closed for a while.

The William Wallace, Rob Roy and Scotia bars are long gone.
Aye, shame as I used it a few times when I was down there.

Quinns it is!

WS Hibs
07-03-2017, 01:29 PM
No jeans or trainers, remember.

hibeesdude
07-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Walkabout on the embankment might be worth a try watched the sc final in there with my Tottenham supporting wife and West ham supporting mate....oh and a couple of hundred angry rangers fans 😎

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

grammyb111
07-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Walkabout on the embankment might be worth a try watched the sc final in there with my Tottenham supporting wife and West ham supporting mate....oh and a couple of hundred angry rangers fans 😎

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I doubt I can persuade the non-Hibs fans into a trip to Quinn's but I'll certainly try!

Iain G
07-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I doubt I can persuade the non-Hibs fans into a trip to Quinn's but I'll certainly try!

Make sure they are dressed properly, wouldn't want them dragging the sartorial elegance of the Hibs support down.

Liberal Hibby
07-03-2017, 03:45 PM
I'll be watching it in the Willoughby Arms in Kingston. Which might be a bit more convenient for rugby types heading to Twickenham the next day.

Sergey
08-03-2017, 09:59 PM

I've just got home from Pierre's at Quinns. I've eaten there twice a week and never seen a menu.

Both the rugger and soccer will be on, but as folks have previously advised, make sure you have a collared shirt and no jeans. Trainers are also OOB.

It's the rules, bud. No ****** is interested in the egg-chasing - sorry if you are.

We're eating f##kin cous-cous again - with duck, seemingly.

See you Friday

BigT-Hibeez
09-03-2017, 11:15 AM

I'll be in the Sports bar and grill in Farringdon.. Loadsa screens and decent beer, and food too..