PDA

View Full Version : FF chaos/move the family section.

Pete
06-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Right, so what's the plan for the FF next season?
There's going to be a singing section in the top corner, which will be next to the posh seats which I assume will be hospitality, which will be above the "family pricing" section.

It seems a bit strange for there to be all this structure and organisation in such a small area while the rest of the ground is just "normal".

The concourse of the FF is where kids run about at half time, which is great (apart from the East part which is stinking of smoke) as they are balls of energy and should be encouraged and made welcome. Where are the singing section going to go at half time where they can let off a bit of steam with the drum? The upper concourse is tiny and they'll have kids under their feet on the lower.

Why not move the family pricing over to the East or West lower, allowing everyone to breathe a bit? Give the FF over to the section where boys can be boys and the rules can be relaxed slightly.

There would also be a bigger family section, maybe encouraging more to come along since there'll be better seats available.

Thoughts? :dunno:

H18 SFR
06-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately there will never be the perfect set-up.

Baw187
06-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I don't sit in the FF but had given thought to the flaws in the plan to have the singing section in the same stand as the Family section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
06-03-2017, 05:09 PM
There's going to be a singing section in the top corner, which will be next to the posh seats which I assume will be hospitality, which will be above the "family pricing" section.

It seems a bit strange for there to be all this structure and organisation in such a small area while the rest of the ground is just "normal".

The concourse of the FF is where kids run about at half time, which is great (apart from the East part which is stinking of smoke) as they are balls of energy and should be encouraged and made welcome. Where are the singing section going to go at half time where they can let off a bit of steam with the drum? The upper concourse is tiny and they'll have kids under their feet on the lower.

Why not move the family pricing over to the East or West lower, allowing everyone to breathe a bit? Give the FF over to the section where boys can be boys and the rules can be relaxed slightly.

There would also be a bigger family section, maybe encouraging more to come along since there'll be better seats available.

If you are talking about the black seats in FF upper centre, then they are not hospitality and are the same price as any of the FF upper seats.

1875STEVE
06-03-2017, 05:14 PM
If you are talking about the black seats in FF upper centre, then they are not hospitality and are the same price as any of the FF upper seats.

Spot on.

A lot of the folk that sit there work for Hibs, folk who run the bar in FF, kitchens, office staff, shop staff etc.

Mate of mine runs the kids corner in FF behind the goals bar, he gets comp seats up there.

Onceinawhile
06-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Spot on.

A lot of the folk that sit there work for Hibs, folk who run the bar in FF, kitchens, office staff, shop staff etc.

Mate of mine runs the kids corner in FF behind the goals bar, he gets comp seats up there.

They did used to be hospitality, but that was before the west was redeveloped.

With the health hub going in the stand there definitely won't be any hospitality.

As for them singing etc... at half time, surely just do it in the section?

Don't see any problem at all tbh. Certainly not "chaos".

wearethehibs
06-03-2017, 05:23 PM
I don't get why people think the singing section being above the family section is going to be bad.

I think all the younsters will love the singing coming from their stand and as a result will have them singing even more. I know I would have loved this when I was a wee lad.

The derby v Hearts at halftime had men, women and children of all ages joining in, in the concourse.

Since1875Hibs
06-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Family stand is only FF Lower.

Black seats are no longer hospitality, just regular seats. Been that way for a couple of years I believe.

Pete
06-03-2017, 05:30 PM
I didn't mea chaos in a literal sense, just that there'll be too much unnecessary structure in one place.

Do the people who think it will all be fantastic actually sit in the FF lower?

I'm not saying it can't work but why risk angry dads telling people to mind their manners all the time?

The ground is big enough so why not let everyone have their own space?

GreenCastle
06-03-2017, 05:31 PM

I think you will have girls in that section also :agree:

I do agree with you about Family Section...should be in lower West Stand closer to FF End - but would mean a lot of change.

Let's just see what happens next season and give the new area a chance :aok:

Pete
06-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Ok. The point still stands about the family section though.

greenlex
06-03-2017, 05:35 PM
We can now smoke bomb the kids fairly easily.👍

wearethehibs
06-03-2017, 05:43 PM
I didn't mea chaos in a literal sense, just that there'll be too much unnecessary structure in one place.

I'm not saying it can't work but why risk angry dads telling people to mind their manners all the time?

Judging by other threads on here, the upper FF has a lot of foul mouthed moaners. Singing drowning that out will probably be welcomed by the parents below.

Jumbo
06-03-2017, 05:55 PM

There is a concorse in the Upper, don't see why that would cause chaos in lower at h/t ?

Alan62
06-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Surely the notion is that if the singing works out then, gradually, we may see the kind of European-style behind-the-goal-home-stand develop where those who want to spend long periods singing and chanting, banging drums and turning their backs on the action will go.

Personally, I think it's a great idea - but I'm old enough and wise enough to know it's not for me. I like a wee bit of jumping about but mostly, I want to sit side on and look closely at the game. But I also like to see and hear some crackling atmosphere where the vocal fans get right behind the team and every now and then, the rest of us join in.

IF it works out, the singing section will expand and the folks who don't want to feel the girders bouncing up and down will find new seats to rustle their sweetie papers in.

If Hibs had chosen my block to relocate the singers, then I guess I'd be a wee bit grumbly but I'd understand why it's a good idea. Seriously, can you imagine that whole deck (plus the filled in corners :cb) rocking from first to last every match day? I can. It would be awesome.

Let's not grumble. Let's just wish it all the best and give the singers and drum thumpers licence to make a rammie.

marinello59
06-03-2017, 05:59 PM

You are looking for problems. It will be fine. Families can co-exist quite happily in the same stand, unless you see the singing section as a haven for ultra offensive behaviour rather than a group trying to enhance the atmosphere for everybody.

hibby6270
06-03-2017, 05:59 PM
We can now smoke bomb the kids fairly easily.👍

Sure you've said this tongue in cheek but given the raging debate going on in the "Smoke Bombs" thread, may I suggest your comment isn't taken literally or seriously - by some moron(s).

marinello59
06-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Judging by other threads on here, the upper FF has a lot of foul mouthed moaners. Singing drowning that out will probably be welcomed by the parents below.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Whatever the case, anybody who listened to the morgue like 'atmosphere' at Pittodrie yesterday can only be grateful that our fans are making an effort and the club are willing to help. The atmosphere at ER has been much better this season and that hasn't happened by accident, its a credit to all involved that slowly but surely things have improved.

Pete
06-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Whatever the case, anybody who listened to the morgue like 'atmosphere' at Pittodrie yesterday can only be grateful that our fans are making an effort and the club are willing to help. The atmosphere at ER has been much better this season and that hasn't happened by accident, its a credit to all involved that slowly but surely things have improved.

Definitely. So why not give them room to grow without being worried about offending anyone?

A bigger family section in the East or West lower means everyone is a winner surely?

Keith_M
06-03-2017, 06:45 PM
....... which will be next to the posh seats which I assume will be hospitality, which will be above the "family pricing" section.

My Dad has a Season Ticket in there and I've never met anybody that would call him posh

:greengrin

jgl07
06-03-2017, 06:50 PM
You are talking crap.

The moaners are largely in the West.

I can't speak for the East as I have only been there for one match. Not that stops people who have never been in the FF Upper pontificating.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Definitely. So why not give them room to grow without being worried about offending anyone?

A bigger family section in the East of West lower means everyone is a winner surely?

Because we are all Hibs fans and you cant just bump folk around the stadium without at least paying lip service to their wishes .... the decision to choose section 25 in the FF upper was probably taken with the view that it would affect the least amount of ST holders possible, the fact that the lift was getting bumped probably helped in choosing the FF upper too.

My personal choice would have been to make the whole of the FF lower a free for all section with STs for it but no seats allocated to them and move the family section to the north third of the east .... the only problem being there would have been more ST holders to move and some folk might not have been happy taking small kids into a stand which is so steep.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there is no east end of the west lower .... the stand runs north to south .... I know what you meant though :greengrin

scooby
06-03-2017, 06:56 PM

I sit in the FF lower with my kids and they can't wait for the singing section to move above them. I think it will work well.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 06:59 PM
I sit in the FF lower with my kids and they can't wait for the singing section to move above them. I think it will work well.

:agree:

Pete
06-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Because we are all Hibs fans and you cant just bump folk around the stadium without at least paying lip service to their wishes .... the decision to choose section 25 in the FF upper was probably taken with the view that it would affect the least amount of ST holders possible, the fact that the lift was getting bumped probably helped in choosing the FF upper too.

My personal choice would have been to make the whole of the FF lower a free for all section with STs for it but no seats allocated to them and move the family section to the north third of the east .... the only problem being there would have been more ST holders to move and some folk might not have been happy taking small kids into a stand which is so steep.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there is no east end of the west lower .... the stand runs north to south .... I know what you meant though :greengrin

I actually meant the entire East or the entire west lower. It wouldn't be moving people about as such, more like adjusting the prices to encourage certain groups to sit in certain areas (which happens already).

Making a large part of the ground a discounted, extremely family friendly section might encourage a lot more younger families to come along. They are the future after all.

I think there's just so much more we can do with all the spaces at our disposal.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 07:19 PM
I actually meant the entire East or the entire west lower. It wouldn't be moving people about as such, more like adjusting the prices to encourage certain groups to sit in certain areas (which happens already).

Making a large part of the ground a discounted, extremely family friendly section might encourage a lot more younger families to come along. They are the future after all.

I think there's just so much more we can do with all the spaces at our disposal.

I'm not against having a bigger family section, but as a family section patron at the moment I wouldn't be that happy to see it moved to the one part of the stadium I would least like to watch the game from ..... that aside, the sections closest to the dugouts are and always have been very popular with ST holders, if you think there's been too much aggro asking a relatively few folk to move from section 25 if they don't want to be part of the singing section try asking folk to move from these sections for a new family area and be prepared for a much bigger backlash.

gaz1875
06-03-2017, 07:21 PM
I sit in the FFU section 24, not bothered about the singing section moving next door as they do create a fantastic atmosphere at most games, but surely behind the goals in the FF lower would be much better than being stuck up in the corner of a stand that half the East and the FF lower won't be able to see. The family section could be moved up to the FFU or just spread around the ground, what difference does it make where the family section sit, why not let them sit anywhere in the stadium that they want to be? There are plenty seats to go around most weeks anyway, and the atmosphere displays flags etc can be enjoyed by the whole stadium.

West lower
06-03-2017, 07:25 PM

A bigger family section in the East or West lower means everyone is a winner surely?

That would cost the club money. Never happen.

ColinNish
06-03-2017, 07:39 PM
You can away and bolt with your "Family Section" in the east. They're fine where they are.

Onceinawhile
06-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Ditto.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-03-2017, 07:55 PM
You are looking for problems. It will be fine. Families can co-exist quite happily in the same stand, unless you see the singing section as a haven for ultra offensive behaviour rather than a group trying to enhance the atmosphere for everybody.

Agree, dont see it being a huge problem.

But then i sit in the east...!

traceyhibs
06-03-2017, 08:11 PM

Same here. My kids are really excited. Even the kids around us love joining in with the singing so I think it will work.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2017, 08:28 PM
If it's a success then it will probably spread naturally across the rest of the upper tier.

Might take a few seasons but those that are up for it will buy tickets there and those that aren't will simply move to the east or west. Nobody needs to be moved against their will.

Get rid of the posh seats, or go all out for safe standing right across the top tier, and you'd have a cracking singing section belting out noise to the rest of the stadium and displays or flags or whatever wouldn't be annoying to anyone else.

Would look awesome on the telly.

greenlex
06-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Sure you've said this tongue in cheek but given the raging debate going on in the "Smoke Bombs" thread, may I suggest your comment isn't taken literally or seriously - by some moron(s).

Damn you spoiling my fun.😜

hibsbollah
06-03-2017, 08:53 PM
It's going to be great.
Forza la Curva Nord!

Peanut Shaz
06-03-2017, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=WhileTheChief..;4969659 Nobody needs to be moved against their will.

[/QUOTE]

Hate to disagree but some of us just have!

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Well, yeah, I meant in future when we make our own Big Green Wall :thumbsup:

macca70
06-03-2017, 10:58 PM
I sit in the black seats in FF Upper and IMO it's a dreadful decision to move the singing section to the top corner of FF Upper.

We'll see how it works out but I suspect it won't take long before it's back over in the East or loses the great effect it seems to currently have.

The East or 'Old Terracing' has always been the more boisterous rowdy stand. The singing section has got that stand bouncing this season, I fear that it is a massive step backwards moving it to FF Upper.

CapitalGreen
06-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Hate to disagree but some of us just have!

You were forced to move?

Peanut Shaz
06-03-2017, 11:23 PM
You were forced to move?

It was a take it or leave it situation. Due to various reasons which need not be made public on this message board we had no choice. I have no objections to the singing section moving into the FF upper bur it would have been respectful to have been included in the discussions.

franks
07-03-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm sure the singing section would have preferred the FF lower but that would have put a lot of present season ticket holders in that areas nose out of joint. The club and singing section have come to a compromise which affects the least number of people and I hope it works out.

From a personal point of view I'm very much looking forward to this as I sit in sect. 23 and am looking forward to the singing section joining us. I'm sure many of the kids in the lower tear will enjoy it too. If the move is a success and the section expands I might have to join the singing section to retain my seat and not sure how many OAP's they want in there section although I'm sure they would welcome anyone willing to join in.

JDHibs
07-03-2017, 09:52 AM
If you think this situation is worth calling "chaos", you need to get out in the real world every now and then....

Arch Stanton
07-03-2017, 10:53 AM

And I can just see you as a jolly crew merrilly singing along -

"Oh Warburton is funny, he wears a funny hat"

cmcd
07-03-2017, 10:56 AM
I am a pensioner who sits in the FF LOWER and I don't want to leave but I have no problem with the singing section above . In fact I would no doubt join in .One thing I am against is the music played before games . I would much prefer the fans made the atmosphere. Anyway well done the singing section

scooby
07-03-2017, 11:01 AM
And I can just see you as a jolly crew merrilly singing along -

"Oh Warburton is funny, he wears a funny hat"

Unfortunately the reality is that they are all word perfect with the songs. My wife has an issue with my 10 year old singing f*** your 1902 in the shower.

traceyhibs
07-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately the reality is that they are all word perfect with the songs. My wife has an issue with my 10 year old singing f*** your 1902 in the shower.

My youngest just says "it's okay mum I won't repeat it"

scooby
07-03-2017, 11:09 AM
My youngest just says "it's okay mum I won't repeat it"

Haha, my daughter is the same.

wookie70
07-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Unfortunately the reality is that they are all word perfect with the songs. My wife has an issue with my 10 year old singing f*** your 1902 in the shower. I just get mine to stick to the original and better ram your 1902. Halliday also mucked it up.

Pete
07-03-2017, 03:21 PM
If you think this situation is worth calling "chaos", you need to get out in the real world every now and then....

Do you mean the real world where people don't always take things literally?

JDHibs
07-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Do you mean the real world where people don't always take things literally?

No mate, the real world where people dont over exaggerate a situation that may cause them some slight inconvenience once every 2 weeks...

Pete
07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
No mate, the real world where people dont over exaggerate a situation that may cause them some slight inconvenience once every 2 weeks...

All I'm doing is trying to see any potential clashes and think about how we can use the ground more efficiently.

The real world is also a place where people sometimes don't digest all the relevant information before commenting, like a few posts later where I said that I didn't literally mean "chaos".

Can people not just contribute to threads without being smart *****?

MyJo
07-03-2017, 05:35 PM
If it goes well and there is enough demand for the "singing section" it could quite easily be a pre-curser to turning the FFupper into our safe standing section.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-03-2017, 05:46 PM
In an ideal world we would fill in the corner between the East and the FF. Would raise capacity to 22,000, provide ample room below for larger club shop/ticket office and a club museum.
It would be perfect for a Forza Hibs section, the corner could be fully safe standing... Not realistic at the moment but certainly possible further down the line.

ColinNish
07-03-2017, 08:33 PM
In an ideal world we would fill in the corner between the East and the FF. Would raise capacity to 22,000, provide ample room below for larger club shop/ticket office and a club museum.
It would be perfect for a Forza Hibs section, the corner could be fully safe standing... Not realistic at the moment but certainly possible further down the line.

It makes me smile when folk say stuff like this - where the heck do you think were getting the money from to "fill in" the corner sections? This will never happen - not now, not in the future.

Waxy
07-03-2017, 08:57 PM
It makes me smile when folk say stuff like this - where the heck do you think were getting the money from to "fill in" the corner sections? This will never happen - not now, not in the future.

How not. The extra 2000 over time will pay for the price of the corner being filled in. No rocket science.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2017, 09:04 PM

I'm sure everyone in the flats will be delighted and no one would object to the planning application.

ColinNish
07-03-2017, 10:04 PM
How not. The extra 2000 over time will pay for the price of the corner being filled in. No rocket science.

We're lucky to sell out the stadium once a season and that only happened recently coz we got jambos in the cup. I'd rather we spent money on the team than this ludicrous idea for more uneeded seats

Waxy
07-03-2017, 10:45 PM
We're lucky to sell out the stadium once a season and that only happened recently coz we got jambos in the cup. I'd rather we spent money on the team than this ludicrous idea for more uneeded seats

2000 x£25 = £50000
Every time we sell out, forever.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Where would we get the money from in the first place?

And how much would it cost?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Waxy
08-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Where would we get the money from in the first place?

And how much would it cost?

If Hearts can build a megastand we can build a corner.

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2017, 12:20 PM

Their Champions League campaign paying for that though

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2017, 12:21 PM
So you're saying that the fans should pay for it? Through HSL?

Waxy
08-03-2017, 12:28 PM
So you're saying that the fans should pay for it? Through HSL?

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkNo.Maybe a percentage of the HSL money could go towards it though. It's the type of thing i'd like my money to go towards.

Alex Trager
08-03-2017, 12:29 PM

He should be singing 'ram yer 1902' when in earshot of parents. :)

scooby
08-03-2017, 12:57 PM
He should be singing 'ram yer 1902' when in earshot of parents. :)

Agreed, when challenged about it his reply was "but that's not what they sing dad"

Alex Trager
08-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Agreed, when challenged about it his reply was "but that's not what they sing dad"

He raises a fair point

we are hibs
08-03-2017, 01:49 PM

So if a stand gets worn down in about 20/30 years we should leave it to rot because "where do we get the money from"?

the guy said in the future, he didn't say next season. He could've meant in 10 years or so. As for not being able to fill the stadium as it is, what's to say in the future we won't regularly attract crowds of that size? I bet people would've laughed just after we went down if you told them we'd be getting averages of 15k after spending a third year in this league.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2017, 02:11 PM
No.Maybe a percentage of the HSL money could go towards it though. It's the type of thing i'd like my money to go towards.

So the club have to forego new players. As the club doesn't have an overdraft, that's the reality of our situation.

Waxy
08-03-2017, 02:20 PM
So the club, or both, have to forego new players. As the club doesn't have an overdraft, that's the reality of our situation.

Speculate to accumulate is how a business grows.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2017, 02:23 PM
So if a stand gets worn down in about 20/30 years we should leave it to rot because "where do we get the money from"?

the guy said in the future, he didn't say next season. He could've meant in 10 years or so. As for not being able to fill the stadium as it is, what's to say in the future we won't regularly attract crowds of that size? I bet people would've laughed just after we went down if you told them we'd be getting averages of 15k after spending a third year in this league.

Good point, you have to keep moving forwards, but let's get back up an consolidated in the top flight before we even think of another infrastructure binge.

The_Exile
08-03-2017, 02:24 PM
We need more family seats, the FF lower isn't big enough to meet demand, which wouldn't surprise me if it was double what's available. I know plenty folk who would love to get along to more games but price is an issue when you've got kids. I've never ever understood why you can't get adult & child tickets anywhere in the stadium and don't like seeing it limited to one small area.

CMurdoch
08-03-2017, 02:37 PM
IMO we will sell 13,500 season tickets next season. We will then sell gradually less every year until we hit 10,500 season tickets 4/5 seasons later. Hope I am wrong but suspect many feel good supporters will step of the wave when things settle down and we are finishing between 3rd and 5th in the SPL.
So no need to fill the North East corner with more seats.
P.S. The only time and way we could fill it in (as a BTG pub/hospitality/hotel) is when we get a big wedge when Cummings & McGinn move on after next season. However, I suspect most Hibees will be screaming for the money to be invested in new players.

bigwheel
08-03-2017, 02:55 PM
IMO we will sell 13,500 season tickets next season. We will then sell gradually less every year until we hit 10,500 season tickets 4/5 seasons later. Hope I am wrong but suspect many feel good supporters will step of the wave when things settle down and we are finishing between 3rd and 5th in the SPL.
So no need to fill the North East corner with more seats.
P.S. The only time and way we could fill it in (as a BTG pub/hospitality/hotel) is when we get a big wedge when Cummings & McGinn move on after next season. However, I suspect most Hibees will be screaming for the money to be invested in new players.

i take it that is assuming we go up?

The_Exile
08-03-2017, 03:26 PM
The only time and way we could fill it in (as a BTG pub/hospitality/hotel) is when we get a big wedge when Cummings & McGinn move on after next season. However, I suspect most Hibees will be screaming for the money to be invested in new players.

I've watched practically all the profit made from player sales in the last 10-15 years get ploughed into our infrastructure. I'm delighted with the way the club is run now, the stadium and the facilities at our disposal, but I think it's now time to invest any big wedge we do received back into the team so we can at least challenge the status quo.

DarlingtonHibee
08-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Crap.

Keith_M
08-03-2017, 04:20 PM
If we're ever in the situation where the stadium, or even the home end, is regularly sold out, then we could think about filling in the North East and South West corners.

That situation will never arise, though, if we don't concentrate every available penny on what we put out on the pitch.

"Build it and they will come"

....but that only applies to deid Baseball Players.

Dashing Bob S
08-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Crap.

Loving this pure Harvard versus Yale business school discussion going on here.

DarlingtonHibee
08-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Loving this pure Harvard versus Yale business school discussion going on here.

Think we tried that model before.

ColinNish
08-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Think we tried that model before.

Lol 👏👏

ruthven_raiders
08-03-2017, 06:14 PM
We need more family seats, the FF lower isn't big enough to meet demand, which wouldn't surprise me if it was double what's available. I know plenty folk who would love to get along to more games but price is an issue when you've got kids. I've never ever understood why you can't get adult & child tickets anywhere in the stadium and don't like seeing it limited to one small area.

Absolutely correct, should be able to get a family ticket anywhere, I only get two adults and one child in The West stand, if we could get a family ticket for four of us I would

Arch Stanton
08-03-2017, 06:28 PM
So the club have to forego new players. As the club doesn't have an overdraft, that's the reality of our situation.

Yea, but the counter argument is that if you only use the money for new players then there will come a time when that money runs out and there are no more new players (or no more SJMs at any rate).

Now, while not a fan of just filling in the corners per se, I can actually see an ongoing return on filling in the North/East corner.

linlithgowhibbie
08-03-2017, 06:56 PM

The FF lower holds 2200 appr0ximately, hardly a small area out of our home capacity of about 16,500:thumbsup:

Arch Stanton
08-03-2017, 07:03 PM
The FF lower holds 2200 appr0ximately, hardly a small area out of our home capacity of about 16,500:thumbsup:

Just over an eighth is hardly a whopping proportion either, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, I'm not convinced about your 2200 figure. Wouldn't that make the Lower twice as big as the Upper?

Onceinawhile
08-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Just over an eighth is hardly a whopping proportion either, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, I'm not convinced about your 2200 figure. Wouldn't that make the Lower twice as big as the Upper?

It's roughly 2,200 and 1,600

BSEJVT
08-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Absolutely correct, should be able to get a family ticket anywhere, I only get two adults and one child in The West stand, if we could get a family ticket for four of us I would

I don't agree

The quid pro quo for getting the discounted pricing of a family ticket is that its restricted to a certain area

If the club made these available all over the stadium overall revenues would fall and supporters paying full price for their tickets would have to subsidise concessions to a greater level than they do now or alternatively the playing budget would need to be cut

Just Alf
08-03-2017, 10:38 PM
I don't agree

The quid pro quo for getting the discounted pricing of a family ticket is that its restricted to a certain area

If the club made these available all over the stadium overall revenues would fall and supporters paying full price for their tickets would have to subsidise concessions to a greater level than they do now or alternatively the playing budget would need to be cut
Re the 1st paragraph agree totally, flip.side is that that section should.be policed much much more vigorously to ensure no drunken swearing maniacs are allowed to shout and scream (every home game)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Just Alf
08-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Should add I'm now in the FF UPPER but the guys tell me it's still a real problem. :dunno:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2017, 11:21 PM

I would never advocate risking the team on the park to improve the stadium because we are not in a position where stadium improvement is the urgent requirement it once was.

But having said that I sincerely hope the people in charge at Hibs now or in the future don't take the same attitude as you .... the most important part of the club is the team, but that should never mean we lose sight of the fact that progress also means improving the club off the park as well as on it .... in my opinion to totally ignore the possibility of the stadium Easter Road could be would be just as bad an abdication of responsibility as neglecting the team to build infrastructure was.

What is required is a balanced approach where the club as a whole is the focal point and not just a case of throwing every penny at one part of it at the expense of the others. Even though it is not the priority Hibs must always keep on the table a scenario where one day the stadium is totally enclosed and the open corners are brought into the body of the stadium ....... Easter Road is a very good stadium, but it could be a brilliant one and no matter how long it takes that should be one of the clubs goals.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the business lesson 😉

The "speculation" in your model is to build extra capacity, so that we might increase income. In doing so, we are spending less on the team. The possible outcome of that is less income.

Again...how much would the work cost? And do we have the money to pay for it?

Waxy
09-03-2017, 06:53 AM

The "speculation" in your model is to build extra capacity, so that we might increase income. In doing so, we are spending less on the team. The possible outcome of that is less income.

Again...how much would the work cost? And do we hiave the money to pay for it?

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkI've no idea how much it would cost or if we have the money but it can't be too far from our reach. Alot smaller clubs than ours find a way to built entire stadiums.

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2017, 07:19 AM
I've no idea how much it would cost or if we have the money but it can't be too far from our reach. Alot smaller clubs than ours find a way to built entire stadiums.
The main difference between other clubs and ourselves is that we won't be taking on any more debt for the foreseeable future. In that light, big capital projects like the one you propose are well down our list of priorities.

Circumstances may change, of course, and they may change with ownership, management or our own fortunes.

Waxy
09-03-2017, 08:21 AM
The main difference between other clubs and ourselves is that we won't be taking on any more debt for the foreseeable future. In that light, big capital projects like the one you propose are well down our list of priorities.

Circumstances may change, of course, and they may change with ownership, management or our own fortunes.

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkWe could be on our way to a time when the whole home end is taken up with season ticket holders.We'd be daft not to look at expanding if that happens.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2017, 09:11 AM

I agree with this. We have a more than acceptable stadium paid for by ourselves at the expense of the playing side. We're on the up so let's keep it that way for the fans for a bit.

If we build on the success of our recent cup win and cup runs along with promotion and the crowds stay up then create space if the demand is consistently there. Otherwise maintenance of what we have so as to avoid what is happening and will happen down gorgie way is all I want to see for the foreseeable future.

Geo_1875
09-03-2017, 09:24 AM
We could be on our way to a time when the whole home end is taken up with season ticket holders.We'd be daft not to look at expanding if that happens.

Surely cutting away allocations would be the first option in that case.

DarlingtonHibee
09-03-2017, 09:43 AM

Again...how much would the work cost? And do we have the money to pay for it?

As usual 100 per cent correct cwg.

overdrive
19-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Has anyone who is either being forced to move or asked to move from the FF Upper had any luck in securing anywhere near decent seats elsewhere?

Both sets we've been offered/shown in the West Upper are what we would describe as "restricted view". The first set we were shown you couldn't see half of the goals at the FF end due to the posts on the side of the stand. The second set, which we tested out yesterday, you really struggle to see the South West corner of the pitch, particularly at the start and end of the match as people are still coming in or leaving early.

We noticed the people sitting in the first set we were offered moved twice yesterday as the view was so bad. Are there significant amounts of ST holders in the West Upper that don't show up? There seemed to be plenty of seats free yesterday that aren't available for next season.

Golden Bear
19-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Has anyone who is either being forced to move or asked to move from the FF Upper had any luck in securing anywhere near decent seats elsewhere?

Both sets we've been offered/shown in the West Upper are what we would describe as "restricted view". The first set we were shown you couldn't see half of the goals at the FF end due to the posts on the side of the stand. The second set, which we tested out yesterday, you really struggle to see the South West corner of the pitch, particularly at the start and end of the match as people are still coming in or leaving early.

We noticed the people sitting in the first set we were offered moved twice yesterday as the view was so bad. Are there significant amounts of ST holders in the West Upper that don't show up? There seemed to be plenty of seats free yesterday that aren't available for next season.

Don't think so. In fact yesterday I thought it was more or less a full house - at least in Section 13 where I am.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 12:19 PM

We are moving to Section 23 of the FF.

Had a look at the seats a couple of weeks ago and view is decent. Am I right in think FF upper elsewhere isn't an option for you due to the lift closing?

GordonHFC
19-03-2017, 12:20 PM

We have managed to get 8 of us moved to the other side of the FF to Section 22. Can't praise the staff in the ticket office enough for the help they gave us.

RIP
19-03-2017, 12:38 PM
I sit in the black seats in FF Upper and IMO it's a dreadful decision to move the singing section to the top corner of FF Upper. We'll see how it works out but I suspect it won't take long before it's back over in the East or loses the great effect it seems to currently have.

The East or 'Old Terracing' has always been the more boisterous rowdy stand. The singing section has got that stand bouncing this season, I fear that it is a massive step backwards moving it to FF Upper.

Nobody is moving all of the singers though.

The group 'Since 1875' are moving over and I've no doubt they will attract newer younger members. But the whole East Stand (6,000 capacity) is staying put. My adult family group have stood around S42 and 43 for decades.

We like the view from the side and noising up the away support. So in big games that stand will remain a source of stadium noise.

But to have two stands where the singing is coming from is an interesting proposition. Looking forward to seeing it work on match days.

PatHead
19-03-2017, 01:13 PM

I have friends in the same boat as you. Have to move as they need a lift.
I think hibs should give anyone who is being forced to move the first choice of tickets in west upper where there is a lift. Perhaps give you guys the first 24 hours after existing fans have had the chance to renew.

CL0762
19-03-2017, 01:28 PM

We've luckily managed to get 4 together in the west lower nearest the famous five. The view will be rotten compared to what I've been used to for 20 years.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2017, 01:44 PM
We've luckily managed to get 4 together in the west lower nearest the famous five. The view will be rotten compared to what I've been used to for 20 years.

Why take them then? Surely better views in the Upper.

Since1875Hibs
19-03-2017, 03:31 PM
There are STs available in the black seats of the FF Upper along with the West stand centrally, upper and lower and also the East. Everyone has the choice to sit in these seats, including staying put on Section 25.

I am personally happy to arrange anyone to see what a view looks like from anywhere in the ground any night this well atter 6:30pm. Please drop me a private message if this would help.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Why's it restricted view? I though that was when there were posts or something obstructing the view. As Cathro would say, I'd need to have a look at the schematics.

overdrive
19-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Why's it restricted view? I though that was when there were posts or something obstructing the view. As Cathro would say, I'd need to have a look at the schematics.

Hibs don't describe them as restricted view. My dad and I described them as restricted view as there's parts of the pitch you can't see. The first lot are the two right up against the wall in the front row of the upper. There's a horizontal post the runs along the siding thing of the stand. It obstructs the view of the goalmouth. The ones we were in yesterday, the view of the corner up the other end was obstructed by the railing in front of the exit. You can kind of get round it by straining your neck. The real issue is when there's people standing at the exit which happens often and is constant in the last few minutes.

Our issue is my dad needs the lift so in theory the FF Upper isn't an option and he can't really be that far back due to the steps. However, after yesterday he is now saying he will leave the house 30 minutes earlier to take the stairs and stay where we are. If he finds it a real struggle he'll just stop going.

greenlex
19-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Hibs don't describe them as restricted view. My dad and I described them as restricted view as there's parts of the pitch you can't see. The first lot are the two right up against the wall in the front row of the upper. There's a horizontal post the runs along the siding thing of the stand. It obstructs the view of the goalmouth. The ones we were in yesterday, the view of the corner up the other end was obstructed by the railing in front of the exit. You can kind of get round it by straining your neck. The real issue is when there's people standing at the exit which happens often and is constant in the last few minutes.

Our issue is my dad needs the lift so in theory the FF Upper isn't an option and he can't really be that far back due to the steps. However, after yesterday he is now saying he will leave the house 30 minutes earlier to take the stairs and stay where we are. If he finds it a real struggle he'll just stop going.
Is there nothing in the west lower FF lower or near the front at the east? Be a shame to miss games because of having no lift.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-03-2017, 07:50 PM

I see what you mean. Folk standing by the exits and blocking your view is annoying, the stewards should really be stopping it. I hope you're able to get this sorted and it would be a shame if your dad stopped going for something like this.

Reason I asked is the seat next to me at Palace last season was classified as restricted view and was a bit cheaper due to the roof of another stand obstructing the view of 5-10ft of one side of the pitch.. It obstructed my view as well but obviously not enough for it to be officially restricted. I guess they have to sell it at a discount if you can't see a certainty percentage the pitch. We just put up with it and moved the next season. There is a lot of this at Selhurst with it being such an old ground, but I've always found the view at ER is pretty good.