PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN DISCOURAGE USE OF PYROTECHNICS

RSS Bot
05-03-2017, 07:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7347)

Fuzzywuzzy
05-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Good, **** the ********s. It's the club that get fined

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 07:17 PM
According to some on here it's harmless fun!! Ban the idiots that throw them.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Embarrassing that this has to be said. Ban the idiots.

BoomtownHibees
05-03-2017, 07:31 PM

Aye and also that we don't know if it hurt if it hit you on the back of the head after being thrown from the top of the stand down to the front

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Aye and also that we don't know if it hurt if it hit you on the back of the head after being thrown from the top of the stand down to the front

That statement was up there with one of the craziest on that thread. Along with give me examples of when folk have been hurt???

BoomtownHibees
05-03-2017, 07:57 PM
That statement was up there with one of the craziest on that thread. Along with give me examples of when folk have been hurt???

Aye brilliant hahaha

hibby6270
05-03-2017, 08:00 PM

Agreed Scouse.
Totally mindless behaviour that has no place at ER.

Well said Leeann and Robbie in the club statement.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Wish these idiots would give it up...it's embarrassing and tarnishes our clubs reputation

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Andy74
05-03-2017, 08:27 PM

Yep, so crazy that there so far seems to be next to no examples of people having received injuries from smoke bombs being thrown.

To be clear, the throwing of stuff, anything, at other fans is out of order and dangerous.

I don't really agree that the setting off of them is a huge safety problem in itself though and have no real objection to them being used.

I've actually no idea what these things are made of and how heavy they are which is why I asked what happens if you get hit by one.

Anyway, my thoughts on them make no odds. Hibs have asked people not to do it so that should be respected.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Yep, so crazy that there so far seems to be next to no examples of people having received injuries from smoke bombs being thrown.

To be clear, the throwing of stuff, anything, at other fans is out of order and dangerous.

I don't really agree that the setting off of them is a huge safety problem in itself though and have no real objection to them being used.

I've actually no idea what these things are made of and how heavy they are which is why I asked what happens if you get hit by one.

Anyway, my thoughts on them make no odds. Hibs have asked people not to do it so that should be respected.

It doesn"t really matter what they are made of and how heavy they are given that any small article thrown over that distance is going to hurt you if it hits you. You already knew that though. To suggest that you didn't know if a smoke cannister thrown from the top of the stand would hurt you is ridiculous. Ask assistant referee David Bryan he will tell you it hurts when it hits you on the back of the head/neck.

Andy74
05-03-2017, 08:47 PM
It doesn"t really matter what they are made of and how heavy they are given that any small article thrown over that distance is going to hurt you if it hits you. You already knew that though. To suggest that you didn't know if a smoke cannister thrown from the top of the stand would hurt you is ridiculous.

I already knew that did I? Any small object no matter what it is will hurt? And I'm crazy?!

You appear to be having a great laugh about how crazy it is to question the danger yet you seem to be stepping back to the fact that just any old thing being thrown is dangerous.

That's pretty much my point that the act of throwing stuff is daft and dangerous but I wanted to know exactly how serious smoke bombs were in this respect.

Now I've had a look it turns out smoke bombs, which I'm talking about, are used in paint balling and so on and are pretty lightweight and won't burn to the touch.

So you might be getting a bit carried away with your stance on how this is so obviously dangerous you need to laugh about questions being asked about it.

Nicho87
05-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Fake legs for people who didn't no

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 08:54 PM
I already knew that did I? Any small object no matter what it is will hurt? And I'm crazy?!

You appear to be having a great laugh about how crazy it is to question the danger yet you seem to be stepping back to the fact that just any old thing being thrown is dangerous.

That's pretty much my point that the act of throwing stuff is daft and dangerous but I wanted to know exactly how serious smoke bombs were in this respect.

Now I've had a look it turns out smoke bombs, which I'm talking about, are used in paint balling and so on and are pretty lightweight and won't burn to the touch.

So you might be getting a bit carried away with your stance on how this is so obviously dangerous you need to laugh about questions being asked about it.

As I said they hurt, and there have been instances of them hitting people even a referee and hurting them. You were trying to be smart on the other post when you know damn fine that even a cigarette lighter would hurt you or you child if it hit you from the distance travelled similar to the smoke bomb on Saturday. You normally post sensible stuff but I was not the only one to laugh at your post.

Andy74
05-03-2017, 09:02 PM
As I said they hurt, and there have been instances of them hitting people even a referee and hurting them. You were trying to be smart on the other post when you know damn fine that even a cigarette lighter would hurt you or you child if it hit you from the distance travelled similar to the smoke bomb on Saturday. You normally post sensible stuff but I was not the only one to laugh at your post.

Actually I think the posts about it being a matter of time until there's a serious incident and so on as well as the ones like yours saying how obvious that is was more laughable.

I'm not talking about flares or canisters.

As you say about the same or less serious as a lighter. I assume you would like lighters banned from coming in? Or Ribena cartons?

Thanks for proving what my simple point was though. As a thing they are not the problem being made out.

They have to give the guidance to cover flares and canisters however and as I said if Hibs currently don't want them in then that should be respected.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Actually I think the posts about it being a matter of time until there's a serious incident and so on as well as the ones like yours saying how obvious that is was more laughable.

As you say about the same or less serious as a lighter. I assume you would like lighters banned from coming in? Or Ribena cartons?

Thanks for proving what my simple point was though. As a thing they are not the problem being made out.

They have to give the guidance to cover flares and canisters however and as I said if Hibs currently don't want them in then that should be respected.

What a load of self righteous nonsense you come out with Andy. You made a ridiculously silly statement and are now trying to come out with smart erse remarks about Ribena cartons! I'm out before you drag me down to your level!

Velma Dinkley
05-03-2017, 09:15 PM
I think Ribena adds to the atmosphere.

hibbymac
05-03-2017, 10:19 PM
section of an article from 2013 regarding Everton FC tackling this "harmless" pastime, ....... FFS it's no marshmallows these idiots are lobbing about :rolleyes:

..... 'Dave Lewis, head of stadium security at Goodison, said: 'The pyrotechnics we are seeing a lot of at the moment are the smoke bomb types. While they do not burn to high temperatures, they cause a lot of problems for disabled supporters, youngsters and people with asthma.
The problem is growing. Only eight pyrotechnic incidents were recorded across England’s top five divisions in 2010-11 but last season there were 172 and there were 96 in the first three months of this campaign.
These include the smoke canister hurled towards the pitch that struck an assistant referee on the head during Aston Villa’s game against Tottenham. Fans have received shrapnel wounds
inside English grounds and others have suffered lung damage after smoke inhalation. .. '

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523749/Everton-campaign-combat-smoke-bombs-banning-supporter.html

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Not going to be bothered reading the contents but it's an interesting thread title. It beats 'Stevenson' or 'Hanlon.'

Mantis Toboggan
05-03-2017, 10:28 PM

but a smoke bomb is brought in to a stadium specifically to be thrown. whereas ribena will more often than not be drunk as a sugary half time treat.

Mikey09
05-03-2017, 11:03 PM

Really?! So you think if this continues there is no chance of someone being seriously hurt? Of course someone could get a dull one! That's why Hibs don't want them as well as them being illegal to bring into a football stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
06-03-2017, 12:44 AM
section of an article from 2013 regarding Everton FC tackling this "harmless" pastime, ....... FFS it's no marshmallows these idiots are lobbing about :rolleyes:

..... 'Dave Lewis, head of stadium security at Goodison, said: 'The pyrotechnics we are seeing a lot of at the moment are the smoke bomb types. While they do not burn to high temperatures, they cause a lot of problems for disabled supporters, youngsters and people with asthma.
The problem is growing. Only eight pyrotechnic incidents were recorded across England’s top five divisions in 2010-11 but last season there were 172 and there were 96 in the first three months of this campaign.
These include the smoke canister hurled towards the pitch that struck an assistant referee on the head during Aston Villa’s game against Tottenham. Fans have received shrapnel wounds
inside English grounds and others have suffered lung damage after smoke inhalation. .. '

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523749/Everton-campaign-combat-smoke-bombs-banning-supporter.html

how on earth some adults can't seem to grasp this is quite frankly astonishing, and ignorant

Swedish hibee
06-03-2017, 01:42 AM
I must be the only one who likes them!

calumhibee1
06-03-2017, 04:46 AM
Watching the Orlando City v NYC game last night, Orlando have a standing area of around 4000 directly behind the goals (which looks superb btw) in a brand new stadium that they've built. Within the standing area is a few designated rows for smoke bombs to be used. I would suggest that if they're allowing them to be used, but obviously not thrown, that the effects of them are minimal to none, if used while holding onto them rather than for throwing into crowds of course. Although seeing as they're banned and Hibs are warning against there use then I agree that people should respect that and cut it out.

Glory Lurker
06-03-2017, 06:22 AM
If it's not enough that it is against the law, then the fact Hibs could get fined for them being used by our support should be enough to make any real Hibbie decide to leave them at home. When it comes down to it, that's what it is really about - do you respect the club or not?

Dalianwanda
06-03-2017, 06:30 AM

I really cant see your point here? Setting them off according to the safety officer (who I assume has done some research) says its a health issue. What research have you done to say that theres none? You go on to say 'I've actually no idea...' maybe leave it at that..

You mention in another thread that they are used in pant balling.....Folk choose to go paint balling & are aware of the various dangers. Folk that go to football go to watch the football not to be standing in a haze of chemical smoke (unless they are smokers)..

JimBHibees
06-03-2017, 06:57 AM
I really cant see your point here? Setting them off according to the safety officer (who I assume has done some research) says its a health issue. What research have you done to say that theres none? You go on to say 'I've actually no idea...' maybe leave it at that..

You mention in another thread that they are used in pant balling.....Folk choose to go paint balling & are aware of the various dangers. Folk that go to football go to watch the football not to be standing in a haze of chemical smoke (unless they are smokers)..

Agree totally if I went with a kid who maybe had asthma or another similar condition would be furious if some attention seeking clown set one off next to us.

GreenCastle
06-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Watched some MLS last night and saw the new Orlando stadium. Looks amazing but they have a supporters section behind the goals called the Wall.

They also have 5 rows at the front which are allied the use of Pyro! There are signs and even the stadium first few rows are stone.

The picture is on twitter - not sure how to post it. Could someone post it ?

Anyway not saying I'm for it as understand the dangers but safe standing and a club managing the use.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2017, 08:10 AM
Watching the Orlando City v NYC game last night, Orlando have a standing area of around 4000 directly behind the goals (which looks superb btw) in a brand new stadium that they've built. Within the standing area is a few designated rows for smoke bombs to be used. I would suggest that if they're allowing them to be used, but obviously not thrown, that the effects of them are minimal to none, if used while holding onto them rather than for throwing into crowds of course. Although seeing as they're banned and Hibs are warning against there use then I agree that people should respect that and cut it out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170306/c394016900c8a610a2700ed174d3ae95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
06-03-2017, 08:24 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170306/c394016900c8a610a2700ed174d3ae95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting - that's the pic I saw.

Stadium looked amazing and Major League Soccer is so far ahead of Scottish Football now in terms of quality and fan experience.

Saying that you can't beat supporting your local community team!

calumhibee1
06-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Thanks for posting - that's the pic I saw.

Stadium looked amazing and Major League Soccer is so far ahead of Scottish Football now in terms of quality and fan experience.

Saying that you can't beat supporting your local community team!

I went to an Orlando game a couple of years ago and said the same thing. The standard was streets ahead of Scottish football and the fan experience is amazing. I know that football is more traditional over here and some of it would just be seen as cheesy but they make a proper day out of it over there with food, drinks, games for the children etc outside the stadium but then I suppose playing in Florida will help that massively with the weather.

Scottish football could definitely learn a thing or two from MLS.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2017, 09:58 AM
I enjoy the colour of the green flares but the smell is onnoxious and throwing them over other peopes heads is asking fpr trouble if something goes wrong But wpuld be all for club exploring safe options to have something after goals especially in big games that adds to occassion