PDA

View Full Version : Hibs game in. Tel Aviv

Flanny boy
05-03-2017, 06:11 PM
I am going to be in Tel Aviv on Friday I know its a long shot but anybody know if there's anywhere I would be able to watch the game on Friday night.cheers troops. GGTTH

greenginger
05-03-2017, 06:15 PM
I am going to be in Tel Aviv on Friday I know its a long shot but anybody know if there's anywhere I would be able to watch the game on Friday night.cheers troops. GGTTH

Against the Arabs ! I doubt it will get covered over there. :greengrin

Flanny boy
05-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Never thought about that greenginger I maybe give it a miss lol

Pretty Boy
05-03-2017, 06:29 PM
The family home of a Mr O. Marciano?

BullsCloseHibs
05-03-2017, 06:47 PM
The Palestine Inn is a right Hibs pub. Just mind yer manners in there though.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2017, 06:55 PM
The family home of a Mr O. Marciano?

Not a bad shout, why don't you tweet his wife, she may be able to help

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 07:31 PM

Ha ha ha although a significant % of Israeli citizens are actually Arabs, just not of the Dundee variety.

Saturday Boy
05-03-2017, 08:17 PM

Just pop down the coast to Jaffa, would expect someone there to show the tangerines 😉

Flanny boy
05-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Aye if you don't ask you don't get as they say Billy

Flanny boy
05-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Just pop down the coast to Jaffa, would expect someone there to show the tangerines 😉

As always the response from the .netters never let you down. Jaffa here I come ☺

18Craig75
05-03-2017, 08:36 PM
There was an Irish Bar near the Beach when I went 4 or 5 years ago. Near London Square and the US Embassay. Great city!

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2017, 08:40 PM

Dont tell him that, if he knows she's there and rocky is in Dundee he will be like a rat up a drainpipe and we may never see his golf clubs again. :offski:

jgl07
05-03-2017, 09:08 PM
It is on BT Sports so there will be plenty of dodgy feeds available.

I watched the home match against Dundee United in Malaysia and got a perfect feed from the Alba coverage.

c31
05-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Use to use a pub called M.A.S.H years ago. It very central and was on Allenby street, got that from the T shirt I bought there. The always had games on and it was the Ex Pats sort of hang out. Don't even know if its still there but worth a look...

Flanny boy
06-03-2017, 12:22 AM
Dont tell him that, if he knows she's there and rocky is in Dundee he will be like a rat up a drainpipe and we may never see his golf clubs again. :offski:

Hey bigman you leave my 9 iron out of this lol

BigT-Hibeez
06-03-2017, 12:51 AM

What you doing over there?

I lived in Tel Aviv for years, back in the 90's when the Scud missiles were flying about..!! There was an Israeli sports channel then that showed SPL highlights and some live games !! Was mental shouting on the Hibees on yer own in a bar in Tel Aviv!!
I think the fascination then was that Ronny Rosenthal playing for the Team that wont be named, so surely it will be the same now, as we have Rocky in goals!!

Mazal tov

Flanny boy
06-03-2017, 05:43 AM
What you doing over there?

I lived in Tel Aviv for years, back in the 90's when the Scud missiles were flying about..!! There was an Israeli sports channel then that showed SPL highlights and some live games !! Was mental shouting on the Hibees on yer own in a bar in Tel Aviv!!
I think the fascination then was that Ronny Rosenthal playing for the Team that wont be named, so surely it will be the same now, as we have Rocky in goals!!

Mazal tov
We are only there for 4 nights.we are going to go to Jerusalem on a couple of days to see some of the sights and just chill in Tel Aviv the rest of the time.GGTTH

Frazerbob
06-03-2017, 07:25 AM
There was an Irish Bar near the Beach when I went 4 or 5 years ago. Near London Square and the US Embassay. Great city!

Mike's Place, right next door the the US Embassy. Has a plaque outside comemerating the staff who died in misile attacks.........great bar and does show sport but doubt there will be much demand for our game TBH.

You will love Tel Aviv......great city. Jerusalem also but very different. Israel is an amazing place, so much incredible history and unbelievably ****ed up.

xyz23jc
06-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Just 'googled' sports bar sites in Tel Aviv and got this, might be of some help. Totally awesome country and Tel Aviv is fantastic place, totally jealous amigo...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=sports+bars+in+tel+aviv&form=EDGNTC&qs=PF&cvid=a8aef5714b174e15918cb82830a76283&pq=sports+bars+in+tel+aviv&cc=GB&setlang=en-US

Flanny boy
06-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all your help guys,appreciated

Phil MaGlass
06-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Quite a few games are also broadcast on BEIN, watched the derby on BEIN when I was out that neck of the woods.