PDA

View Full Version : Europe

ArmadaleHibs
05-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Question: would a cup final slot against Celtic qualify us for Europe or would we have to win the cup

Billy Whizz
05-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Question: would a cup final slot against Celtic qualify us for Europe or would we have to win the cup

Need to win to qualify

Twiglet
05-03-2017, 05:01 PM
No. We'd need to win. The rules changed a few years ago.

ArmadaleHibs
05-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys. Question answered

Mango Man
05-03-2017, 05:07 PM
I still find it hard to believe we won the thing, as I automatically thought, how did we get in Europe last year if only the winners got in!! 😚

alihibs1
05-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Who would get that European place then if Celtic won it? 4th place in Spl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Who would get that European place then if Celtic won it? 4th place in Spl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes.

Since Sevco and Aberdeen are both likely to finish second and third then the 4th placed club will be in Europe next season unless we win it again.

I really hope Hearts finish 4th. :greengrin

Scottie
05-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I really hope Hearts finish 4th. :greengrin
Hope they finish 11th or 12th. Is that even possible. :dunno:

Dont want them to win another single point this season.

IN CATHRO WE TRUST :not worth

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Hope they finish 11th or 12th. Is that even possible. :dunno:

Dont want them to win another single point this season.

IN CATHRO WE TRUST :not worth

Imagine the scenes on Kickback though if they finish 4th and are almost guaranteed to be in the Europa League next season and then we come along and win the Scottish Cup for the second year in a row and they have to spend their pre-season in Skegness. :greengrin

Scottie
05-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Imagine the scenes on Kickback though if they finish 4th and are almost guaranteed to be in the Europa League next season and then we come along and win the Scottish Cup for the second year in a row and they have to spend their pre-season in Skegness. :greengrin
Got to agree with you that would be braw :aok: :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-03-2017, 06:55 PM

That's what I'm thinking too. It would be the most beautiful ending to a season, well since last season I guess [emoji5]

Jim Herriot
05-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Might the European spots possibly depend on how the UEFA regulations on financial fair play apply to The Sevco International Zombie Club?

Mibbes Aye
05-03-2017, 07:12 PM

Us winning the Cup again would almost fall by the wayside because we are completely sticking it up them (if that's actually any more possible after pumping them out the Cup two years in succession)
I like your thinking and I'm fully onboard :agree:

BullsCloseHibs
05-03-2017, 08:07 PM
No. We'd need to win. The rules changed a few years ago.

Quite right too. Some of the runners up who qualified in the past were, quite frankly, embarrassing!