PDA

View Full Version : Possible / probable

telford hibbee
05-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Is it possible for hibs to have the league won before we go to hampden for the semi? If so does anyone think that it is probable?

Hermit Crab
05-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Is it possible for hibs to have the league won before we go to hampden for the semi? If so does anyone think that it is probable?

Its possible but not probable, we'd need to win every game and hope united morton and falkirk all lost theirs which won't happen as they will all play each other at some point.

calumhibee1
05-03-2017, 01:13 PM

The semi is after round 33 so we'd need to be 10 clear. Being 9 clear would mean we'd as good as won it of course.

calumhibee1
05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Its possible but not probable, we'd need to win every game and hope united morton and falkirk all lost theirs which won't happen as they will all play each other at some point.

There's 6 games before the semi and we are already 6 clear. If we won all ours and they all lost all theirs we would have it won by about the end of the month..

wearethehibs
05-03-2017, 01:17 PM

So its not possible?

hibbysam
05-03-2017, 01:28 PM

What a load of rubbish!! We only need to be 10 ahead, and we're already 6 ahead with a game in hand on that side, and play all three in the coming weeks.

telford hibbee
05-03-2017, 01:41 PM
so we only (not asking much i know) need to match the others results and win the head to heads and we can go into the semi as champions. i think that`s achievable

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 01:46 PM
I'm relieved that we've played the current form horses of the division in StMirren and Dunfermline. They are more than capable of taking points of DU, Falkirk, Morton.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
What a load of rubbish!! We only need to be 10 ahead, and we're already 6 ahead with a game in hand on that side, and play all three in the coming weeks.

We do of course have to beat them all, no likely on current league form.

Argylehibby
05-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Yeah but Dundee Utd are 7 behind with a game in hand over us. They win that one and the gaps only 4 points.

danhibees1875
05-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Yeah but Dundee Utd are 7 behind with a game in hand over us. They win that one and the gaps only 4 points.

If we beat them on Friday, it's 7.

Then we have 5 games to gain an extra 3 points over united to make it 10 before the semi.

SlickShoes
05-03-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm relieved that we've played the current form horses of the division in StMirren and Dunfermline. They are more than capable of taking points of DU, Falkirk, Morton.

Agreed, I think on paper it looks like worse than it is, although those results were very bad for us. However like you said these teams are playing well now, even Ayr are playing alright and it's not given that Falkirk, Morton and Dundee UTD are going to steamroller everyone they play.

We will all drop points, hopefully they all drop more than us.

ArmadaleHibs
05-03-2017, 02:42 PM
If we beat them on Friday, it's 7.

Then we have 5 games to gain an extra 3 points over united to make it 10 before the semi.

If we beat them on Friday we go 9 clear of Falkirk and 10 clear of united with united having a game in hand

danhibees1875
05-03-2017, 02:49 PM
If we beat them on Friday we go 9 clear of Falkirk and 10 clear of united with united having a game in hand
Yeah, the assumption in the post I quoted was that united win their game in hand. Making it a 7 point gap.

Either way, it shows the importance of Friday.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
05-03-2017, 02:50 PM

Falkirk have hit a decent bit of form as well but we have the opportunity to put a real statement to win the league by beating Utd away then Falkirk and Morton at home before the end of March

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

cabbageandribs1875
05-03-2017, 03:01 PM

got a result yesterday that we've failed to do this season, clobbering Dumbarton 5-1, maybe last weeks draw with them was a bonus point after all :greengrin