PDA

View Full Version : Marciano Contract Question

CMurdoch
04-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Hibs must be thinking of trying to keep this guy for keeps.

He is on loan from Ashdod.
Does anyone know when his contract with them expires.

Heisenberg
04-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Not sure when it expires. I'm sure I saw that we have the opportunity to sign him at the end of the loan due to a clause in the deal. Can't remember where I saw it. May have been an interview with Marciano himself.

Would love to keep him though. A definite upgrade on what we've had in the past few years.

CMurdoch
04-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Not sure when it expires. I'm sure I saw that we have the opportunity to sign him at the end of the loan due to a clause in the deal. Can't remember where I saw it. May have been an interview with Marciano himself.

Would love to keep him though. A definite upgrade on what we've had in the past few years.

Two issues
1. Don't know if we would be willing to pay a transfer fee for him
2. Don't know if he will have other options

NikGunnarsson
04-03-2017, 11:19 PM
We need to sign him up, he has said a few times he would very much be willing to stay. Also, his wife really seems to like it in Edinburgh. She seems to have really bought into the club like him, she also is already with an agency here aswell (she is a supermodel!).

HibsNutter
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Two issues
1. Don't know if we would be willing to pay a transfer fee for him
2. Don't know if he will have other options

Hopefully we're past that mentality. We have a quality international goalkeeper. The club needs to remain ambitious.

northstandhibby
05-03-2017, 12:53 AM
Rocky is a top keeper so hope we can keep him for as long as we can!!!

glory glory

traceyhibs
05-03-2017, 08:29 AM
He is the best keeper we have had in such a long time so for me we should be pulling out all stops to keep him. Will depend on promotion but I do still believe we will go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frazeHFC
05-03-2017, 09:10 AM
I think if we go up he'll stay. I'm sure I read about us having a fee agreed if we want to sign him permanent and he seems to like it here. Hopefully we do anyway!

SON OF PADDY
05-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Yet another reason why it's so important,for all of us to sign up for next season asap.
Let's give the manager as big a transfer kitty to keep the player's we need for next season in the Big League.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2017, 09:23 AM
From a selfish point of view, he may think that exposure in our top flight is better for him than being back at his own club.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 09:37 AM
His wife is always tweeting about Hibs...I'm sure he will stay if we go up...they both seem to love it here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
05-03-2017, 10:58 AM
From a selfish point of view, he may think that exposure in our top flight is better for him than being back at his own club.

He barely got a look in when he was in Belgium last season so will be relieved he has played regularly at Hibs.
Ashdod will be actively trying to sell him and Lennon is a regular customer of his agent.
He is a good age, is settled in and playing well so I suspect we will sign him.
Just a question of fee and wages

Still looking for a netter to tell me when his contract at Ashdod expires.

Mainstandman
05-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Yet another reason why it's so important,for all of us to sign up for next season asap.
Let's give the manager as big a transfer kitty to keep the player's we need for next season in the Big League.
Bang on there if we want better players we need people to commit to season tickets. I'm not a fan of those who complain about quality but never go.

Smartie
05-03-2017, 11:01 AM
He looks the part to me and it is a bit of a mystery as to why he's chosen to spend a year of his career with us in the Scottish Championship.

If we get the chance to sign him permanently then we must do it, as it seems to me that quality keepers are pretty thin on the ground.

Laidlaw is a decent deputy to have too.

1van Sprou7e
05-03-2017, 11:06 AM
He barely got a look in when he was in Belgium last season so will be relieved he has played regularly at Hibs.
Ashdod will be actively trying to sell him and Lennon is a regular customer of his agent.
He is a good age, is settled in and playing well so I suspect we will sign him.
Just a question of fee and wages

Still looking for a netter to tell me when his contract at Ashdod expires.

Info not on transfermarkt so dunno where else to look

CMurdoch
05-03-2017, 11:08 AM
He looks the part to me and it is a bit of a mystery as to why he's chosen to spend a year of his career with us in the Scottish Championship.

If we get the chance to sign him permanently then we must do it, as it seems to me that quality keepers are pretty thin on the ground.

Laidlaw is a decent deputy to have too.

He obviously wants to play in Europe, tried Belgium last season and barely played.
Lennons relationship with his agent provided another opportunity which he has taken.
If he signs and does well in the Premiership next season other opportunities will present themselves.
Next season will also give us all a more accurate view of his abilities given the good and bad will be poured over by the fans and the critics.

CMurdoch
05-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Info not on transfermarkt so dunno where else to look

Yeah, I looked at that. Just a gap where the info should be.

seanshow
05-03-2017, 11:37 AM
I hope the big man stays Ofir is the keeper we've needed for a long time but it might come down to wages, those prada handbags are no cheap. :greengrin

greenlex
05-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Hibs must be thinking of trying to keep this guy for keeps.

He is on loan from Ashdod.
Does anyone know when his contract with them expires.
Every time I see the word Ashdod I'm thinking Diddymen. Strange man.

maturehibby
05-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Whilst I agree that Marciano is a really good keeper Fleming that Ayr keeper has been outstanding the 3 timessage I have seen him play here this season and would not mind seeing him signed up should Rocky move on

calumhibee1
05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
If possible we should be signing Rocky and offering him a 5 year deal.

ACLeith
05-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Thought until recently he was the best since Danny Anderson. Recent performances have made me change my mind over him ......... the best since Jim Leighton.

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 03:44 PM
If we have the option to buy him for a reasonable transfer fee and choose not to, it will be a disgrace. Top class keeper.

CMurdoch
05-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Still no answer as to when his contract with Ashdod ends.

05-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Should be making a big effort to get him signed up permanently.