PDA

View Full Version : Cummings toys oot the pram

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-03-2017, 08:55 PM
What was with JC throwing a strop?

Was it NL that was having a go at him or was is the frustration of getting caught offside, or the service he felt he wasn't getting?

H18 SFR
04-03-2017, 09:06 PM

Was it NL that was having a go at him or was is the frustration of getting caught offside, or the service he felt he wasn't getting?

All the above id think.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Needs to mature as a player...Quickly..Fed up with his playground tantrums..

Hibs90
04-03-2017, 09:14 PM

Not fed up of his goals though

NthCarolinaHibs
04-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Not fed up of his goals though

Ach come on...The goals are there..The maturity is sadly lacking..

HibsNutter
04-03-2017, 09:25 PM

Rarely see it anymore, he's the real deal now. People who moan about Cummings deserved to watch guys like Rowan Vine.

iwasthere1972
04-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Did I miss something or was it when he just kicked the ball out of play for a throw in to Ayr Utd?

Pete
04-03-2017, 09:29 PM
Rarely see it anymore, he's the real deal now. People who moan about Cummings deserved to watch guys like Rowan Vine.

If the guy deliberately boots the ball out the park then people have every right to moan no matter how good he is.

It's a team game and not all about him.

Disappointed with him and wouldn't blame Lennon if he dropped him for Keats.

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2017, 09:30 PM

Correct

FilipinoHibs
04-03-2017, 09:31 PM

On know RV. I am feeling unwell now.

judas
04-03-2017, 09:37 PM

I couldn't put it better. Cummings is a proper player now and one that will leave next season, very much to our detriment.

All of the above said, Lennon's decision to sub him was justified by Keating's goal.

Big_Franck
04-03-2017, 09:42 PM

It was after both Parker and Lennon rushed off the bench and screamed at Cummings every time he made a mistake in the 10 minutes building up to the moment he booted the ball out for a throw in. Lennon really doesnt seem to know how to get the best out of Jason, screaming at him all game does not make him play better. If he doesnt know that yet he never will.

Salt N Sauzee
04-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Cummings is twice the player this season than he was last.

Broken Gnome
04-03-2017, 09:49 PM
His wee right back cameo in the first half was glorious.

Captain Trips
04-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Cummings is always being looked at now to get us out of jail I think the pressure is on. IMO the other forwards need to start scoring as we need them to step up. Keatings managed a goal today so good.

We are in 2nd tier Holt, Shinnie Graham etc should for me have scored more.

Jones28
04-03-2017, 09:56 PM

To be fair he's only 21, strikers these days are allowed a few extra years of pre-madona ship before they need to wise up.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 09:56 PM
If Malonga had done that there would have been pages worth!

I thought Lennon was trying to get on the pitch to have a go at him at one point. I'm sure they will discuss and sort out. I think Lennon likes him a lot and wants him to improve.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 10:00 PM
It was after both Parker and Lennon rushed off the bench and screamed at Cummings every time he made a mistake in the 10 minutes building up to the moment he booted the ball out for a throw in. Lennon really doesnt seem to know how to get the best out of Jason, screaming at him all game does not make him play better. If he doesnt know that yet he never will.

I totally agree with you.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Did I miss something or was it when he just kicked the ball out of play for a throw in to Ayr Utd?It was just when he scooped the ball and kicked it back towards the Ayr defence. He allowed his head to go down for the 5 mins after that which seemed to affect his and the team's performance.

I'm not reading too much into it but I know he's better than that.

On a plus side he scored another cracking penalty.

DavidDavidGray
04-03-2017, 10:09 PM
I think management seem to treat Cummings a lot harsher than anyone else when they make a mistake. Just my opinion from what I've seen, but Cummings seems to get stick for everything that goes wrong from the management. Cummings has matured as a player a lot in his time down here and is starting to do more work,rather than just score goals. Hopefully he can get rid of the occasional tantrums though, as they don't leave a great impression.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:11 PM
**** knows what Lennon has got against Cummings. I hope it's because he wants to push him to be a better player, but I don't think it's that. We should be building our team around Cummings and sjm

Nicho87
04-03-2017, 10:14 PM

?

SMAXXA
04-03-2017, 10:17 PM

I think his lack of work rate up top doesn't help him at times he looks very lazy and discussed this after today's game. Holt has shown recently his work rate has stepped up and he's getting the rewards with better performances surly that's not a coincidence? Jason needs to work harder to become a better player imo.

In his defence he's played a lot of games recently but he's a fit young man. Equally Lennons management hasn't hindered him scoring he's scoring regularly pitty the rest aren't.

Agree with the comments previously he's a far better player this season much more rounded as a player not just a goal scorer.

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 10:22 PM
It was just when he scooped the ball and kicked it back towards the Ayr defence. He allowed his head to go down for the 5 mins after that which seemed to affect his and the team's performance.

I'm not reading too much into it but I know he's better than that.

On a plus side he scored another cracking penalty.

I thought it lasted about a minute, he then ran his socks off for the next 5/10 minutes winnng the ball back and playing a few balls through, culminating in a chance for Boyle I think when he squared it. Blown well out of proportion, Lennon went daft at him for trying a dummy which I thought was on but Holt didn't read it.

green day
04-03-2017, 10:51 PM
**** knows what Lennon has got against Cummings. I hope it's because he wants to push him to be a better player, but I don't think it's that. We should be building our team around Cummings and sjm

I think it's obvious.

Lennon knows JC can and should do better.

How many hat tricks (giggle) or doubles does he score?

JC is good, but is happy to score one goal. He could be great, and currently isn't - it's that simple.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Did not like the way Lennon completely ignored JC when he was subbed and went into the dug out. Was left to Tam the groundsman to acknowledge Jason. Poor.

JC is not perfect but he's the best goalscorer we've got and a bit of man management wouldn't go amiss.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 11:17 PM
If the guy deliberately boots the ball out the park then people have every right to moan no matter how good he is.

It's a team game and not all about him.

Disappointed with him and wouldn't blame Lennon if he dropped him for Keats.
He better not drop our 19 goal striker for our biggest game of season next week...tantrum or nae tantrum

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
04-03-2017, 11:20 PM

Agree.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Did not like the way Lennon completely ignored JC when he was subbed and went into the dug out. Was left to Tam the groundsman to acknowledge Jason. Poor.

JC is not perfect but he's the best goalscorer we've got and a bit of man management wouldn't go amiss.
He needs to learn tho it's not all about him..he was infuriating at times in that "tantrum" spell. I love JC but he needs to cut out the boyish behaviour. Granted we r seeing a lot less of it and I think it's because lennon won't tolerate it.

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Goal machine.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 11:27 PM

Lennon has, I think, shown in his career so far that he knows what he is doing. He has managed better players than Jason.

He certainly treated him pretty well in the summer in France to encourage him to sign a new deal.

Jason seems happy enough tonight to be tweeting about Keatings' goal celebrations.

We just see a few minutes on a Saturday and have no idea what sort of relationship any of them have. A bit of shouting during a football game. Whatever next?

wookie70
04-03-2017, 11:30 PM
I thought it lasted about a minute, he then ran his socks off for the next 5/10 minutes winnng the ball back and playing a few balls through, culminating in a chance for Boyle I think when he squared it. Blown well out of proportion, Lennon went daft at him for trying a dummy which I thought was on but Holt didn't read it.

That is how I saw it. He made a great dummy which Holt failed to read. If Holt had Jason was away. Good idea and no fault from Holt.

Lennon then seemed to have a go at Jason again. Lennon has been very complimentary of Jason in some interviews and scathing in others. I think we are fortunate enough that Jason seems to rate himself and generally keeps the head up. Lennon needs to take a look at the way he is treating Jason though as those few minutes could well be an insight into how Jason feels he is being treated. Once again he scored, got a few shots in and but some great balls into the box with none of the other forward players making runs to get on the end off. He also defended well a couple of times with the aforementioned bit of skill in the right back spot the highlight. Lay off him a wee bit Lennon. Yes, it is probably well intended and hoping to push him on but it is a dangerous game to play and today might have been a wee hint to rein it in.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 12:29 AM
I find petulance quite becoming in a striker. Nobody wants a goalscorer happy at being subbed.

bookert
05-03-2017, 12:43 AM
That is how I saw it. He made a great dummy which Holt failed to read. If Holt had Jason was away. Good idea and no fault from Holt.

Lennon then seemed to have a go at Jason again. Lennon has been very complimentary of Jason in some interviews and scathing in others. I think we are fortunate enough that Jason seems to rate himself and generally keeps the head up. Lennon needs to take a look at the way he is treating Jason though as those few minutes could well be an insight into how Jason feels he is being treated. Once again he scored, got a few shots in and but some great balls into the box with none of the other forward players making runs to get on the end off. He also defended well a couple of times with the aforementioned bit of skill in the right back spot the highlight. Lay off him a wee bit Lennon. Yes, it is probably well intended and hoping to push him on but it is a dangerous game to play and today might have been a wee hint to rein it in.
You don't mention that he petulantly booted the ball out of play, then refused to participate in play for four or five minutes. Also interesting that he didn't come back onto the pitch at the end. I like Cummings but acting like a spoiled primary school player is not becoming.

wookie70
05-03-2017, 01:04 AM
You don't mention that he petulantly booted the ball out of play, then refused to participate in play for four or five minutes. Also interesting that he didn't come back onto the pitch at the end. I like Cummings but acting like a spoiled primary school player is not becoming.

I'm not convinced he did deliberately kick it out. It wasn't the best bit of play but he looked to me to be trying to hook it up the park. Maybe his head went down because the management team had a go at him when he was trying a bit of skill. Not trying isn't acceptable but Cummings played pretty well today. He did his share of work for the most part and while the strop, if that is what it was, wasn't a good reaction I understand a 21 year old reacting like he did to criticism more than a management team who dish it out from the sideline for a player trying to do something creative. Holt tries flicks in every game that don't come off and Lennon seems to ask him if he wants to play on or not. Perhaps Jason is getting a bit fed up with Lennon constantly complementing Holt who scores every quarter of a season whilst lambasting him while he is scoring a goal every couple of games.

05-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Is this the thread for slating Hibs players. If so my missus fancies McGinn and gray 😓

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-03-2017, 01:19 AM
I think it's obvious.

JC is good, but is happy to score one goal. He could be great, and currently isn't - it's that simple.

:agree:

Pete
05-03-2017, 01:21 AM
I'm not convinced he did deliberately kick it out. It wasn't the best bit of play but he looked to me to be trying to hook it up the park. Maybe his head went down because the management team had a go at him when he was trying a bit of skill. Not trying isn't acceptable but Cummings played pretty well today. He did his share of work for the most part and while the strop, if that is what it was, wasn't a good reaction I understand a 21 year old reacting like he did to criticism more than a management team who dish it out from the sideline for a player trying to do something creative. Holt tries flicks in every game that don't come off and Lennon seems to ask him if he wants to play on or not. Perhaps Jason is getting a bit fed up with Lennon constantly complementing Holt who scores every quarter of a season whilst lambasting him while he is scoring a goal every couple of games.

I get where you're coming from but Jason needs to deal with that in a positive fashion. I was going to say that he needs to grow up a bit but it's easy to forget that he's only 21. It's like he's been around forever.

I genuinely think that Lennon likes Jason and is giving him tough love that will benefit him in the long run. It might put his nose out of joint slightly but I hope in 20 years time he can look back and realise what Neil was doing. There's no denying his game has improved this season.

Centre Hawf
05-03-2017, 02:00 AM
I think his lack of work rate up top doesn't help him at times he looks very lazy and discussed this after today's game. Holt has shown recently his work rate has stepped up and he's getting the rewards with better performances surly that's not a coincidence? Jason needs to work harder to become a better player imo.

In his defence he's played a lot of games recently but he's a fit young man. Equally Lennons management hasn't hindered him scoring he's scoring regularly pitty the rest aren't.

Agree with the comments previously he's a far better player this season much more rounded as a player not just a goal scorer.

I'm sorry but the accusations from some Hibs fans that he's lazy is utter nonsense. The boy covers so much ground to get involved. I'm amazed this myth is still being thrown around. His link up play has gotten immensely better year on year. Jason isn't the finished article. But he's moving in the right direction and will go on to bigger and better things. And we'll no doubt say in 4/5 years time "if we had a JC we'd be top 6 again easily." So enjoy him while he's here cause I certainly do.

leither17
05-03-2017, 02:07 AM

Loves to score he will do for me

lucky
05-03-2017, 07:12 AM
I think Lennon handles him fine, JC has scored 19 goals this season and his overall play has improved. Lennon dropped him when was not contributing. Yesterday JC had a wee tantrum as things were not working for him, he was then subbed and Keats came on and scored. JC will continue learn and improve under Lennons tough love

Mantis Toboggan
05-03-2017, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry but the accusations from some Hibs fans that he's lazy is utter nonsense. The boy covers so much ground to get involved. I'm amazed this myth is still being thrown around. His link up play has gotten immensely better year on year. Jason isn't the finished article. But he's moving in the right direction and will go on to bigger and better things. And we'll no doubt say in 4/5 years time "if we had a JC we'd be top 6 again easily." So enjoy him while he's here cause I certainly do.

spot on. improved hugely this year although still one footed.
aye lets drop him for keatings, who has scored 3 goals this season.

Carheenlea
05-03-2017, 08:08 AM
I think Neil Lennon had already improved Jason Cummings as a player this season, and will continue to do so. Both might possess a streak of petulance, but neither look the sort to hold grudges. Sure it will all be forgotten at training this morning, (if they are in today)

Broken Gnome
05-03-2017, 08:28 AM
?

Won the ball down by the East Stand corner flag, beat his man, launched it forward with his right foot no less.

Did it all with an air that you wouldn't usually expect from him.

Biggie
05-03-2017, 08:31 AM
It was because Garry Parker went ape **** at him for him doing the dummy 30 seconds earlier.
The ball went thru and Jasen left it run through his legs, hoping holt would be reading it.....he hadn't so we lost the ball.
Garry Parker then went beserk at him....that's what got his head down.
Quite frankly don't disagree with him cos he tried something different....but got berated.

bingo70
05-03-2017, 08:35 AM
I think Lennon handles him fine, JC has scored 19 goals this season and his overall play has improved. Lennon dropped him when was not contributing. Yesterday JC had a wee tantrum as things were not working for him, he was then subbed and Keats came on and scored. JC will continue learn and improve under Lennons tough love

Exactly. Without checking the stats I'd say Cummings is probably on target to beat last seasons total and I'd say his overall performances are better so I'm not sure it can be said that Lennon doesn't know how to get the best of him.

All players are individuals who react differently to different type of management, Lennon obviously feels he needs to keep on top of JC to ensure he keeps his focus. If someone like Stevenson for example who seems a much quieter character made the same mistake Lennon would have reacted entirely differently I'm sure.

hibbysam
05-03-2017, 08:38 AM

It was nowhere near 4/5 minutes, it was about a minute and then ran about daft winning the ball back and put 3/4 beauties into the box after that. I actually thought at the time it helped him as he was so annoyed he was just flying around everywhere.

Johnny Clash
05-03-2017, 08:39 AM
I seem to remember Cummings easily getting caught offside a lot so that was maybe why he was getting a bit of grief. Kicking the ball out was weird though.

There is no doubt that Lennon rates Cummings. I like the lad coz he also has an attitude to go with his skill. He will improve more and learn a hell of a lot from a manager like Lennon. Jason will probably be first to admit that.

we are hibs
05-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Has anyone stopped for a minute to consider that maybe he gets harsher treatment from Lennon because he knows he's our best player and wants to bring the best out of him? Just a thought.

cummings has improved his overall game massively this season. It's no coincidence that it's happened since Lennon came in.

also, Cummings wee huff in the first half was pathetic and he deserved to be told that.

Tom Hart RIP
05-03-2017, 09:12 AM

Great piece of anticipation and skill

Alex Trager
05-03-2017, 09:15 AM
I think it's pretty mental folk are banging on about his maturity considering he never throws strops anymore.

But folk see what they want to see.

bingo70
05-03-2017, 09:16 AM
I think it's pretty mental folk are banging on about his maturity considering he never throws strops anymore.

He threw one yesterday, thats the point.

Alex Trager
05-03-2017, 09:18 AM
He threw one yesterday, thats the point.

Absolutely for a minute he threw a strop. One of the worst I've seen.

But to be questioning his maturity over the course of a season is mental because of one incident.

we are hibs
05-03-2017, 09:22 AM

He never throws strops anymore. Apart from yesterday.

very mature kicking the ball out of the park because someone shouted at you, right enough.

Alex Trager
05-03-2017, 09:25 AM
He never throws strops anymore. Apart from yesterday.

very mature kicking the ball out of the park because someone shouted at you, right enough.

Haha you're spot on. It's totally immature
And ridiculous.

But to say that his attitude is regularly questionable is wrong imo

Crammond Hibee
05-03-2017, 09:47 AM

I agree
And remember Keatings came on and scored
No room for petulance from ANY player
The team is bigger than one individual
When it's not going for you try harder not less

JimBHibees
05-03-2017, 09:52 AM

They had every right to have a go when he should have been putting more in when 2 1 up in a quarter final. Would imagine Holt probably telling him the same thing also.

JimBHibees
05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Absolutely for a minute he threw a strop. One of the worst I've seen.

But to be questioning his maturity over the course of a season is mental because of one incident.

Agree totally hopefully a one off.

Crammond Hibee
05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Holt showed the correct attitude.How he came back on the pitch I can't believe.From then on he was superb.Thats Hibees class.Imagine kicking the ball away in a huff.
Dearie me.If I was Keatings I would expect to start somewhere next week.

Enough said
05-03-2017, 09:59 AM

It's a mans game . As for getting bat out of him??? Is his goals not enough for this season so far? Considering the amount of games he has played in?

JimBHibees
05-03-2017, 09:59 AM
I think it's obvious.

Spot on he wants him to improve both for himself and his team. Isn't rocket science.

Hibernian Verse
05-03-2017, 10:02 AM
I think management seem to treat Cummings a lot harsher than anyone else when they make a mistake. Just my opinion from what I've seen, but Cummings seems to get stick for everything that goes wrong from the management. Cummings has matured as a player a lot in his time down here and is starting to do more work,rather than just score goals. Hopefully he can get rid of the occasional tantrums though, as they don't leave a great impression.
This happens in every workplace I've been in. I've been there myself where my boss and his boss have treated me and others in a way I'd describe as unfair in a bid to try and get the potential out of me. I don't agree with it, it's just a style of management.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
05-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Check out his work rate off the ball i.e. When we don't have possession. It's not all about movement and runs when we are in possession. As I've said he's improved massively and don't have misconstrue this is me having a pop at him as we would really be worse off without him but I think
there are elements to his game he could improve and that's one imo which counts for hee haw.

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Cummings is twice the player this season than he was last.

As sickback posters hate him even more....I would say that's proof that he continues to improve 😎

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Check out his work rate off the ball i.e. When we don't have possession. It's not all about movement and runs when we are in possession. As I've said he's improved massively and don't have misconstrue this is me having a pop at him as we would really be worse off without him but I think
there are elements to his game he could improve and that's one imo which counts for hee haw.
I agree..there were plenty times in that 2nd half where Cummings was static and it left our midfielders with no option but to go.sideways or backwards. Now I too love JC but when Keatings came on the movement up front was 10 x better, he was buzzing about everywhere. There are still plenty of parts of JC s game he can and will improve on..maybe that's why lennon gets on at him. As far as I can see its done JC no harm thus far

Winston Ingram
05-03-2017, 11:48 AM

I don't think he has anything against him, in fact I think the opposite.

He sees what a phenomenal player the boy could be and he's capable of hell of a lot more than he's giving at the moment.

TheMentalHibees
05-03-2017, 12:20 PM
I think it's obvious.

In a nutshell. He's driving him to be better, sure JC knows this.

ancient hibee
05-03-2017, 12:25 PM
I agree..there were plenty times in that 2nd half where Cummings was static and it left our midfielders with no option but to go.sideways or backwards. Now I too love JC but when Keatings came on the movement up front was 10 x better, he was buzzing about everywhere. There are still plenty of parts of JC s game he can and will improve on..maybe that's why lennon gets on at him. As far as I can see its done JC no harm thus far

Do you not think it's a bit easier to supply extra movement in the last 10 minutes when you haven't been running around for the previous 80?

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Do you not think it's a bit easier to supply extra movement in the last 10 minutes when you haven't been running around for the previous 80?
Yes good point mate and I actually thought at the game lennon was slow to change things tbh...I'd have brought both keatings and Graham on 10 mins earlier

ancient hibee
05-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Yes good point mate and I actually thought at the game lennon was slow to change things tbh...I'd have brought both keatings and Graham on 10 mins earlier

Me too.

brog
05-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Im a huge JC fan but i thought there was something wrong with him throughout the game yesterday. At times he seemed really lethargic & not really interested in what was going on. The strop was IMO the culmination of what had been coming for a while. We all have bad days so hopefully was a 1 off. As for NL giving him tough love, i dont think so. Again only my opinion but i just think NL & GP lost their temper. I dont think thats great management & i can guarantee you won't see them berate Holt or other senior pros like that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-03-2017, 12:40 PM

4 or 5 mins? Lucky if it was 1. In fact, he received the ball a minute later at a really difficult angle on the edge of the box and I was convinced he was going to blast it at goal and put it miles over because he was frustrated, instead he squared a brilliant ball to Boyle. Shouldn't have kicked the ball out but it was all over in a minute.
As for work rate, it's night and day with a few months ago. Don't think I had ever seen him cross a ball before recently, he's now putting in 5 or 6 superb crosses every week as well as working harder off the ball.

Phil MaGlass
05-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Toys oot the pram or no, what I would say is enjoy him while he is here as I do not see him being at ER next year, he has significantly improved his overall play since last season, this will be picked up by scouts, I see a few offers of over a couple of million in the summer.Imo his last season at ER.

Jim44
05-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Toys oot the pram or no, what I would say is enjoy him while he is here as I do not see him being at ER next year, he has significantly improved his overall play since last season, this will be picked up by scouts, I see a few offers of over a couple of million in the summer.Imo his last season at ER.

If we get promotion I'd like to see Cummings with us for a year but, if we don't go up, I would cash in on him for a decent price, because a major shake-up and clear-out will be on the cards and in any case I doubt if he would take another year in rhe Championship.

where'stheslope
05-03-2017, 02:58 PM
What is bothering me is, now he has thrown the toys out, the fans are maybe seeing for the first time why Lennon had him out the team before?
Is his attitude what it should be from a professional footballer?
He's in my eyes a great player, but if he thinks he can get away with strops in training and then in actual game time, then I'm afraid Lennon has to take action or you end up with more players trying the same!!!

staunchhibby
05-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Only going to be one winner and it certainly aint cummings

jacomo
05-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Maybe. To his credit, JC recognised he's got a lot to learn and rejected the idea of moving down south on his on.

If we go up he might well fancy another season here. Hibs has been good for him so far and he's got time on his side.

Jones28
05-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Is this the thread for slating Hibs players. If so my missus fancies McGinn and gray 😓

Mines has a crush on Eddie May!