PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Billy Whizz
04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
On tonight on BBC1 at 10.20, hopefully some decent highlights from our game today

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Worth watching if only for the Ayr goal

ALF TUPPER
04-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Yeah.... The BEEB find their way to Easter Road 😊

greenlex
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM

I hope the camera at the touch line caught it. It should be a really good angle to see it.

bingo70
04-03-2017, 07:52 PM
I want to see their red card again. What a challenge that was, god knows what the boy was thinking although I think he could have potentially seen red for the late challenge on Holt earlier.

Suspect the guy is either a Hun or a diet Hun and was a bit too pumped up for the game.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2017, 07:53 PM
I want to see their red card again. What a challenge that was, god knows what the boy was thinking although I think he could have potentially seen red for the late challenge on Holt earlier.

Suspect the guy is either a Hun or a diet Hun and was a bit too pumped up for the game.

Me too, also want to see what Garner done as well, missed his challenge as I was travelling to the game today

matty_f
04-03-2017, 07:55 PM

The one on a Holt could have been a red, it was dangerous and reckless imho. Made no attempt for the ball and clattered Holt's head.

mim
04-03-2017, 08:13 PM
The one on a Holt could have been a red, it was dangerous and reckless imho. Made no attempt for the ball and clattered Holt's head.

Holt wins the flick on and the guy jumps into him late, leading with his elbow. It was a clear red, if I saw it correctly.

Topographic Hibby
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
On tonight on BBC1 at 10.20, hopefully some decent highlights from our game todayIts on for 50mins and West of Scotland FC won 6-0. How many minutes do we realistically think will be devoted to the continued progress of the holders? Single figures including replays and Steven Thompson making four failed attempts at pithy one-liners.

iwasthere1972
04-03-2017, 08:19 PM
https://youtu.be/H6rIY_DUbYo

Cummings penalty.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2017, 08:21 PM
If the Bonnyrigg game is anything to go by we'll get excellent coverage.

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 08:22 PM

If only for the Ayr goal? I'm watching to see the Hibs goals again.

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Absolutely. But it was a stunner

matty_f
04-03-2017, 08:29 PM
If only for the Ayr goal? I'm watching to see the Hibs goals again.

:agree:

ronaldo7
04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Me too, also want to see what Garner done as well, missed his challenge as I was travelling to the game today

Hong Kong Phooey would have been proud of the swipe that Garner took.

Should have been a red. IMO

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Absolutely. But it was a stunner

Without a doubt mate. Absolute belter.

Pete
04-03-2017, 08:35 PM
I want to see that miss from Boyle.

Ach, I'm sure he knew he was offside anyway.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Did it not end up in the net, just?

hibee_girl
04-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Pete
04-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Eh? I thought he blasted it over the bar!

Must be going mad. Just ignore me :-/

matty_f
04-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Eh? I thought he blasted it over the bar!

Must be going mad. Just ignore me :-/

He did his best to miss it :greengrin

Radium
04-03-2017, 09:25 PM
First up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Should have had a 2nd pen. Boyle well onside!

Mikey
04-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Quite clear that Boyle wasn't offside and we should have had a second penalty at 2-0.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Mikey Stewart with some brilliant punditry there

greenlex
04-03-2017, 09:48 PM
The red card looks worse every time I se it. Would have liked to have seen his first challenge on Holt. That was a sickener too.

Onion
04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Should have had a 2nd pen. Boyle well onside!

:agree: Not even close, Lino not up to the job. TV shows Boyle at least 2 yrs on and it was a stick on pen. But not as obvious as the one I've just seen Beaton give to the Huns :rolleyes:

hibby6270
04-03-2017, 09:51 PM

I thought he'd missed it at the game. Good to be proved wrong but he was offside for it.
The one in the first half should have been a pen. No way was he offside when the free kick was taken.
Just as well those decisions didn't influence the result.

Topographic Hibby
04-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Take back my earlier comment. Hibs First up and decent amount of coverage and post match analysis. Thompson contributes nothing of value, Mikey Stewart fair and balanced. Over to the Bigot Dome now, so TV off........

cleanyman
04-03-2017, 09:55 PM
John Beaton

**** me

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Just the two invisible red cards and the one soft penalty for The Rangers today?

poolman
04-03-2017, 09:57 PM
How did that Hun not get sent off for that tackle 🤔

Andy74
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Overplayed the Ambrose handball a bit. Very rare to get them when it hits other parts of the body first like that.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Anyone else have the nagging feeling we will get rangers next

Argylehibby
04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Can't believe the commentary on the Hamilton game. Talk about playing down the 3 shocking decisions. Contrast that with the Ambrose "penalty" in our game today.

cleanyman
With these hackers it's inevitable Hibs will draw Rangers tomorrow

About 5 red cards

Ilovehibs

I do. Would love to beat them again but do not want any trouble that could cost the club.

SaulGoodman

I hope so.

If not this round I hope we get them in the final.

Davy Mac
04-03-2017, 10:03 PM

Yes, i think so too.

The SFA Huns are gunning for us, there will be dodgy ref, guaranteed penalty, they'll have double ticket allocation with some serious bother outside awaits.

The bears that I know are looking forward to a return visit.

green day
04-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Nagging?

I want them

Dublin07
04-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Beaton is a cheat, plain and simple. 2 clear red cards they should have had. 1 of them at 0-0. Dodgy penalty too. That challenge by garner was almost as bad as the one on McGinn.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 10:16 PM
I presume 2 retrospective red cards for the Currant Buns will be dished out by the SFA compliance officer?? 😏

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ryan91
04-03-2017, 10:24 PM
I presume 2 retrospective red cards for the Currant Buns will be dished out by the SFA compliance officer?? 😏

Only for violent conduct/simulation, and only if the referee doesn't take any action. So Huns GK gets away scot free, and because Beaton booked Garner for awful challenge on Imrie, nothing further can be done about it.

Really think any incident of potential red card for violent conduct should be reviewed even if ref dealt with it via booking at the match.

iwasthere1972
04-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Hamilton made The Rangers (2012) FC look good. Joey Garner. Should have been off but even with his three goals he's still not a patch on our Jase.

Them or Partick in the semi please.

overdrive
04-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Take back my earlier comment. Hibs First up and decent amount of coverage and post match analysis. Thompson contributes nothing of value, Mikey Stewart fair and balanced. Over to the Bigot Dome now, so TV off........

Stewart is by far the best pundit in Scottish football.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Not sure what he was on about with the handball being given 9 times out of 10 elsewhere on the pitch but wasn't saying it was a handball.

scotch
04-03-2017, 10:40 PM
To be honest, I think they made the most out the Ambrose 'handball' because they were trying to make more talking points in the game, besides their screamer there literally wasn't another opportunity to show a highlight for Ayr attacking, it was clutching at straws so that a highlights package at least had some contention around it.
As Thompson, and to a poorly-worded degree, Mikey Stewart alluded to, not a free-kick, hand by the side, nothing incident.

Biggie
04-03-2017, 10:43 PM

I think it's a nap we'll get them......and there is no way the SFA will let us get to the final again. (I know, I'm paranoid)

Deansy
04-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Whatever games we have left in the SC you can bet Craig Thomson will be involved - the GFA's 'Go-to Guy' for when they want Hibs done !

One Day
04-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Hong Kong Phooey would have been proud of the swipe that Garner took.

Should have been a red. IMO

Tell me that referee Beaton isn't a Hun

One Day
04-03-2017, 11:11 PM

I agree with that

matty_f
04-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Tell me that referee Beaton isn't a Hun

He was their best player today. Makes his horror show last week seem more deliberate as well. Clearly has a soft spot for The Rangers.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Not sure what he was on about with the handball being given 9 times out of 10 elsewhere on the pitch but wasn't saying it was a handball.

I took it that he meant it's not a free kick but normally referees give it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
He was their best player today. Makes his horror show last week seem more deliberate as well. Clearly has a soft spot for The Rangers.

Could be that or maybe he's just incompetent every week?

matty_f
05-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Could be that or maybe he's just incompetent every week?

Yes, but that's not as much fun as pretending there's a conspiracy. :greengrin

Pete
05-03-2017, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry, what the hell did I just watch there? I can forgive the goalkeeping incident as it happened at breakneck speed but to see that kick and only give him a yellow is just remarkable. OK, the boy sold Garner a dummy as he was trying to leather the ball but dangerous play is dangerous play. The way his leg recoiled was sickening and just showed you the force that was used.

All very Ibroxish.

Itsnoteasy
05-03-2017, 12:29 AM
With these hackers it's inevitable Hibs will draw Rangers tomorrow

About 5 red cards

I predict a riot
I predict a riot

GlesgaeHibby
05-03-2017, 07:26 AM
Good coverage on Sportscene last night. Enjoyed Jonathon Sutherland getting a dig in about John McGinn not experiencing a tackle like that since training with Steven Thompson :greengrin

Glory Lurker
05-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Where was the game involving the team that has a special relationship with the Cup, or are they playing today?:confused:

JimBHibees
05-03-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry, what the hell did I just watch there? I can forgive the goalkeeping incident as it happened at breakneck speed but to see that kick and only give him a yellow is just remarkable. OK, the boy sold Garner a dummy as he was trying to leather the ball but dangerous play is dangerous play. The way his leg recoiled was sickening and just showed you the force that was used.

All very Ibroxish.

The linesman must have seen the handball wasn't difficult.

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
I think it's a nap we'll get them......and there is no way the SFA will let us get to the final again. (I know, I'm paranoid)

The only way the SFA can realistically stop us is if we get Sellick. Sevco are rubbish and Aberdeen inconsistent (so could even be PTFC) in the last 4.

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Looks like we were all over them. Penalty possibly should've been a free kick, but not complaining. They almost looked scared to go near Boyle after the other occasions when he almost won us penalties too.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Where was the game involving the team that has a special relationship with the Cup, or are they playing today?:confused:
Oh to have their special relationship with the Big Cup ah?? How many Hampden appearances is that now since 2012?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ekhibee
05-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Good coverage on Sportscene last night. Enjoyed Jonathon Sutherland getting a dig in about John McGinn not experiencing a tackle like that since training with Steven Thompson :greengrin
This. I can't usually be bothered with Wee Jonathon, he's made sneering remarks about Hibs before, but now he's actually having to compliment us, and the wee dig at Thompson was quite amusing.

Lago
05-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Thought the coverage was good, supprised it was first up. Wasn't at the game so had followed it via hibs.net & was expecting a poorish display, however I thought that Hibs played good, fast passing, attacking football. Without doubht they could have scored 4 or 5. Not sure why Holt attracts such negative comments, his play was excellent. Can I also mention Keatings, what an excellent player to have available he caused no end of problems when he came on, more than Jason had if I am honest. Need to do it in the league now.

Waxy
05-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Scott McDonald saying that the best four clubs in Scotland left in the semis of the Scottish cup.Damn decent thing to say old fella.

Radium
05-03-2017, 10:21 PM
There was an extra wee bit on Hibs tonight (Sun). Nice touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackLadd
05-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Jonathan Sutherland: "Finally the four heavyweights make their way to Hampden."

CentreLine
05-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Oh to have their special relationship with the Big Cup ah?? How many Hampden appearances is that now since 2012?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Never thought to look before at other teams records but it seems our name was on the cup before Aberdeen Rangers or Hearts and before Celtic existed. Could that be right?

Waxy
05-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Never thought to look before at other teams records but it seems our name was on the cup before Aberdeen Rangers or Hearts and before Celtic existed. Could that be right?

First Edinburgh (and East Scottish) club to win the Scottish cup. 1887 we even beat hearts 5-1 along the way.

Radium
05-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Aberdeen were formed in 1903

greenginger
05-03-2017, 10:49 PM

Yep, only senior teams on it before us were Queens Park and Dumbarton. Vale of Leven and Renton's names were also there before 1886 -87.

Also noted that Vale of Leven were awarded the Cup in 1878 when their opponents failed to turn up.

Their opponents were meant to be Rangers. :greengrin

CentreLine
05-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Yep, only senior teams on it before us were Queens Park and Dumbarton. Vale of Leven and Renton's names were also there before 1886 -87.

Also noted that Vale of Leven were awarded the Cup in 1878 when their opponents failed to turn up.

Their opponents were meant to be Rangers. :greengrin

But but but...... special relationship and all that!

majorhibs
05-03-2017, 11:26 PM

Oh, you mean the "famous"??? Hahaha! Only famous nowadays for pretending to have won world wars singlehandedly, & screwing Poppy charities & others for money.

JimBHibees
06-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Scott McDonald saying that the best four clubs in Scotland left in the semis of the Scottish cup.Damn decent thing to say old fella.

Maybe Neil has been back on the blower to him for next season. :greengrin

hibby6270
06-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Just watched the Sunday night highlights. Wow!!
Brought tears to my eyes - again. It was a very emotionally charged package of highlights filmed from a completely different angle to what we usually see. Well done BBC Sportscene.:greengrin

--------
06-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Then maybe he can explain what happened in Paisley in midweek? :confused:

I'm beginning to wonder how I'd sort out my feelings if we win the Cup again (ecstatic) and fail again to win promotion ... (freakin furious)

Waxy
06-03-2017, 11:11 AM

I'm beginning to wonder how I'd sort out my feelings if we win the Cup again (ecstatic) and fail again to win promotion ... (freakin furious)
Youd still be singing "here we goooo three in a row"

MWHIBBIES
06-03-2017, 11:19 AM

We're Hibs, not Barcelona, we have bad games and make mistakes.

Betty Boop
06-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Brendan Rogers said St Mirren were the best footballing side Celtic have played this season.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Brendan Rogers said St Mirren were the best footballing side Celtic have played this season.

Because they haven't played Hibs yet. So much for the teams in the Premiership

Sir David Gray
06-03-2017, 11:21 AM

They haven't played us yet. :wink:

ian cruise
06-03-2017, 11:28 AM

We were disappointing and if we'd played to our potential we'd have won however St Mirren are much improved and have everything to play for. They'll take more points of teams at the top of this league before the season is put and they'll avoid relegation in my opinion.

JimBHibees
06-03-2017, 11:58 AM
They haven't played us yet. :wink:

Who St Mirren? :greengrin