PDA

View Full Version : Retrospective red for The Rangers?

Humo
04-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Just seen from the The Rangers game that Wes Foderingham picked up the ball outside his box and stopped a Hamilton tap in. If the referee saw this it would be a straight red so will there be a retrospective red?

I know it's The Rangers so probably not but if it was another team would there be or is that just for dangerous tackles?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Just seen from the The Rangers game that Wes Foderingham picked up the ball outside his box and stopped a Hamilton tap in. If the referee saw this it would be a straight red so will there be a retrospective red?

I know it's The Rangers so probably not but if it was another team would there be or is that just for dangerous tackles?

It certainly should be, but it doesn't help Hamilton now. At 0-0 and Rangers down to 10 men it would've been a different game. The linesman must have seen it.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Should be, won't be.

magpie1892
04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Hamilton should have been playing nine huns. Instead they played 12, with the extra man also giving them a penalty for no apparent reason to get them started.

Ozyhibby
04-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Beaton is a former season ticket holder at Ibrox.
Can't get a retrospective red unless it's violent conduct missed by the ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggie
04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Beaton is a former season ticket holder at Ibrox.
Can't get a retrospective red unless it's violent conduct missed by the ref.

I know Scotland's a village, but surely when refs have such blatant affinity to a team, beaten shouldn't be anywhere near a the Rangers game

RedHibby
04-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Garner should have been off for a serious assault. Disgrace.

Argylehibby
04-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Hamilton should have been playing nine huns. Instead they played 12, with the extra man also giving them a penalty for no apparent reason to get them started.

:agree: didn't hear the post match interviews but hope Canning called it as it was.

JackLadd
04-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Beaton was there to get them to the semi and earn Sevco a much needed £500k. He did them proud.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Same ref who gave them a non-goal when losing to Albion rovers when Moshni clattered the goalie. Also has an issue with us. Hamilton player on the Stuart Cosgrove Tam Cowan show after the game said Beaton had told the manager that he didn't send off Garner because the Hamilton players hadn't made more of it, I mean WTF. Also want to know why the linesman who cheated wasn't named as that is quite simply bent beyond belief.

staunchhibby
04-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Surely the compliance officer must take action over that tackle by garner today,

Radium
04-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Surely the compliance officer must take action over that tackle by garner today,

As the referee has already taken action, having seen the incident, I don't think anything can be done

fat freddy
04-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Beaton was there to get them to the semi and earn Sevco a much needed £500k. He did them proud.

spot on, Beaton can be relied on to deliver unashamedly biased decisions in favour of Sevco, his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one

Joe6-2
04-03-2017, 07:03 PM
It's beyond belief that they get away with this blatant cheating, along with their home draws!!

lapsedhibee
04-03-2017, 07:04 PM
his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one

Reminds me of the one and only good thing that Harry Potter has done in his career, when he went to Greyskull with Dundee U and said out loud after the game that there was no possible way that they could have won it. Can't remember who the ref was - there's been so many over the years that the same criticism could have been applied to.

And I'm still reeling that The Fat Hun Boyd got away scot free with a forearm smash on Zemmama!

magpie1892
04-03-2017, 07:13 PM
:agree: didn't hear the post match interviews but hope Canning called it as it was.

He called the three major incidents out in the press room but was remarkably restrained. I think he knew that Hamilton were never going to be allowed to get a result today. Shades of South Korea v. Spain at WC2002 about this one.

Is It On....
04-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Even Derek Ferguson said the ref bottled it.....once for the Fotheringham hand ball and then the Garner attack.

northstandhibby
04-03-2017, 07:18 PM
spot on, Beaton can be relied on to deliver unashamedly biased decisions in favour of Sevco, his appointment for this tie was predictable and his reluctance to referee the match in a neutral manner was pre ordained, Hamilton didnt have a hope in hell of winning this one

Sums it up I'm afraid to say.

Sometimes there can be excuses made for 'poor refereeing', today was a different level of outright cheating to ensure the huns got through.

glory glory

magpie1892
04-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Reminds me of the one and only good thing that Harry Potter has done in his career, when he went to Greyskull with Dundee U and said out loud after the game that there was no possible way that they could have won it. Can't remember who the ref was - there's been so many over the years that the same criticism could have been applied to.

May 2008. Mike McCurry was the ref. Danny Swanson had a goal chalked off because it was against rangers, and when Mark de Vries scored later in the game, he said to the ref: 'was that one OK?' for which he got booked.

LithgaeHibby
04-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Beaton should be congratulated at the lodge tonight for a fine hat trick.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM

Would it definitely have been a straight red?

With some of the rules around denying a clear scoring opportunity changing, would it be a clear cut red?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2017, 07:54 PM
The win only gives them enough money to pay off Warburton and Co

magpie1892
04-03-2017, 07:59 PM
The win only gives them enough money to pay off Warburton and Co

Not even close...

H18 SFR
04-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Won't be, not for DaOGO.

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Would it definitely have been a straight red?

With some of the rules around denying a clear scoring opportunity changing, would it be a clear cut red?

A foul outside the box that denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity is deemed a red. In the box is a yellow as long as there's a genuine attempt to play the ball. I think... :greengrin

greenlex
04-03-2017, 08:24 PM
A foul outside the box that denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity is deemed a red. In the box is a yellow as long as there's a genuine attempt to play the ball. I think... :greengrin

I think that's right. That's why McGregor challenge at the Derby was a yellow. If that had been a yard further out he may have been off. They wouldn't have got the penalty right enough.

lapsedhibee
04-03-2017, 10:47 PM
May 2008. Mike McCurry was the ref. Danny Swanson had a goal chalked off because it was against rangers, and when Mark de Vries scored later in the game, he said to the ref: 'was that one OK?' for which he got booked.

That's the one :aok:

ekhibee
04-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Considering they won 6-0, Sevco were a long way from being impressive, and Garner and Foderingham should have been off, but Hamilton's defending was woeful. Players like Garner and Clint Hill are second rate players who were made to look good today. Depending on the draw I've seen nothing that makes me think that Sevco team is anything out of the ordinary, and we can definitely beat them. Aberdeen are a bit erratic, but if they bring their A game they'll beat Sevco, and Celtic would just destroy them on what I've seen.

emerald green
05-03-2017, 10:12 AM
A retrospective red card for The Rangers player? What's wrong with this? See below.

Linesman only feet away. Unbelievable he stays on the pitch. How's that decision a "mistake"? Sorry, but I just don't buy that.

http://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/w_auto,f_auto,ar_3:2,c_fill/http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.4383396.1488667762!/image/image.jpg

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Red hand before any red cards.

hhibs
05-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Red hand before any red cards.

Indeed,but does someone not need to report this to the Compliance Officer or whatever to get anything done.

On the other hand that may be the league and almost certainly wishful thinking on my part.

:rolleyes: