PDA

View Full Version : That tackle

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 05:08 PM
What was the guy thinking about? He almost took SJM's head off. I was right in line with it and I couldn't believe what I was watching. There wasn't even that much danger.

houstonhibbee
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
What was the guy thinking about? He almost took SJM's head off. I was right in line with it and I couldn't believe what I was watching. There wasn't even that much danger.
Don't think any malice. Just think he was going for the ball without really thinking what he was doing. Silly foul and reckless

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Horrendous tackle, he was out to maim someone today and gave the ref no option. Should have been booked for his horror tackle on Holt as well in the 1st few mins.

RoYO!
04-03-2017, 05:26 PM
What did sportsound/ McCall have to say about it? Looked high, rash and more or less from behind? Came in at some speed too.

MSK
04-03-2017, 05:27 PM
What did sportsound/ McCall have to say about it? Looked high, rash and more or less from behind? Came in at some speed too.McCall didnt think it was a red..😮

Mainstandman
04-03-2017, 05:29 PM
What did sportsound/ McCall have to say about it? Looked high, rash and more or less from behind? Came in at some speed too.
Sportsound said SJM was too good and quick for him rather than malice, agreed it was straight red

HFCdeb
04-03-2017, 05:30 PM
One of the worst I've ever seen. Couldn't believe my eyes.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Horrendous tackle, he was out to maim someone today and gave the ref no option. Should have been booked for his horror tackle on Holt as well in the 1st few mins.

Agree boy was on a mission totally deliberate hurting Holt early doors.

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Did he slip or was it just a shocker ?

Surprised McGinn was still alive - looked terrible and a straight red so well done ref for that.

The guy should have had a yellow for the 1st minute challenge on Holt

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Just off the phone to John Beaton. He thinks it was a fk to Ayr because McGinns chest had the audacity to hit the boys boot.

04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Absolutely shocking tackle and I did worry that McGinn was badly injured. Very dangerous and could have been a serious injury. Straight red every day of the week, its not even debatable.

Same boy who absolutely clattered Holt in the 1st minute.

Monts
04-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Houston has called mcginn out for yet another dive...

Smartie
04-03-2017, 05:57 PM
It was a bad tackle and a deserved red card.

But I though it was one of those that actually looks worse than it was. SJM got to the ball first, nudged it away from him and since the defender had committed SJM ended up taking what could have been a very sore one.

lucky
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM
He should get an extra ban for such reckless tackle. As for McCall not thinking it was a red he really needs to have a word with himself

West lower
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM

If the ref had given him a yellow for his bad challenge on Holt in the first minute, the chances are he would not have gone for McGinn the way he did. That is what happens if you let them away with challenges early doors.

04-03-2017, 06:47 PM
If the ref had given him a yellow for his bad challenge on Holt in the first minute, the chances are he would not have gone for McGinn the way he did. That is what happens if you let them away with challenges early doors.

Exactly. He absolutely clattered Holt. I'm actually surprised Holt carried on as when he went off he looked really dazed.

04-03-2017, 06:48 PM
He should get an extra ban for such reckless tackle. As for McCall not thinking it was a red he really needs to have a word with himself

McCall can have absolutely no complaints, dreadful challenge. I was surprised to see him complaining, everybody in the stadium could see it was a straight red. Even the player himself didn't protest.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Anyone else and I would have said he was a bit unlucky. Not with the red card but more in the sense it was rash and reckless as opposed to malicious.

Given his early challenge on Holt and then the McGinn incident however I think he's a prick who was out to do someone.

HibsNutter
04-03-2017, 06:53 PM
He could have put McGinn in a wheelchair. Boy should be ashamed.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Sportsound said SJM was too good and quick for him rather than malice, agreed it was straight red

I'd agree with that. John had no right to win that ball, but he did

Roxyhibee
05-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Disgraceful tackle motivated by malice which could have led to a serious injury.

Those tackles are not dished out by hardmen - just players who are frightened someone is getting the better of them. D!ck.

i would extend the ban on that fanny as well.

Onion
05-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Saw it on Sportscene, much worse than I thought at the match. Boy's intention was to clear all living tissue.

Probably would not have done it, had the ref booked him in the first minute for the deliberate marker he left on Holt.

Carheenlea
05-03-2017, 07:14 AM
The tackle of an out of control amateur, and wild, mistimed challenges like that are highly dangerous. To hit someone with that force in their midriff could result in a real serious damage to someone's inner organs.

Hibs Class
05-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Saw it on Sportscene, much worse than I thought at the match. Boy's intention was to clear all living tissue.

Probably would not have done it, had the ref booked him in the first minute for the deliberate marker he left on Holt.

:agree: It was dreadful. Even though you know John gets up and is Okay, I still winced every time I watched it. Horrible assault.

hibbysam
05-03-2017, 07:21 AM
Gets worse every time you see it, one of those tackles that makes you absolutely furious, I was going nuts at the game.

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-03-2017, 07:22 AM
The tackle of an out of control amateur, and wild, mistimed challenges like that are highly dangerous. To hit someone with that force in their midriff could result in a real serious damage to someone's inner organs.His challenge on Holt was equally as bad IMO, going through the back of someone's shoulders at full pelt could have caused a serious neck injury.

Glory Lurker
05-03-2017, 07:27 AM
The ref should be looking at himself for not booking the boy for the Holt challenge. I couldn't believe he got away with that. Because he'd let that one go, I was initially worried he might only pulled out the yellow for the SJM shocker.

As for the Ayr boy, he should be ashamed of himself. I'd like to think he apologised to SJM at half or full time.

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2017, 07:31 AM
It was horrendous, but, having seen the replay, I'm not sure whether it was his intention or whether McGinn was just too quick for him. A certain red card either way.

RoscoHibby
05-03-2017, 07:48 AM
It was horrendous, but, having seen the replay, I'm not sure whether it was his intention or whether McGinn was just too quick for him. A certain red card either way.

Doesn't matter, it was a full force flying tackle. Belly-high!! But I can't see how you do that by accident, was the height of it.

Was more in disbelief than angry at the game. Angry seeing it tho, boy should miss a couple more games IMO. Mental tackle.

Heisenberg
05-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Ayr are a team of thugs. The boy Adams they've got is particularly bad, he just charges about the park for 90 minutes fouling players. The guy that got sent off yesterday must've just been trying to make up for his absence.

Golden Bear
05-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Anyone else and I would have said he was a bit unlucky. Not with the red card but more in the sense it was rash and reckless as opposed to malicious.

Given his early challenge on Holt and then the McGinn incident however I think he's a prick who was out to do someone.

Yip. The guy set out his stall in the first minute, his aim was to maim and I'd hope that Ayr United will take some form of disciplinary action against him.

CMurdoch
05-03-2017, 12:01 PM
I thought the high quality of Holts knock off round the corner caused it.
The guy instinctively lunged towards it and McGinn nipped in before him and got clattered.
Could have been dangerous if he had caught McGinn on the legs but as he scissored round his body it was no big deal.
The dangerous tackles are the ones where a straight leg tackle strikes another players planted leg anywhere between ankle and knee.

hibbysam
05-03-2017, 12:29 PM
I thought the high quality of Holts knock off round the corner caused it.
The guy instinctively lunged towards it and McGinn nipped in before him and got clattered.
Could have been dangerous if he had caught McGinn on the legs but as he scissored round his body it was no big deal.
The dangerous tackles are the ones where a straight leg tackle strikes another players planted leg anywhere between ankle and knee.

No big deal?? Had he not missed with his studs and caught McGinn there he would probably still be in hospital. The worst 'tackle' I've seen at Easter road in a long time.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 12:44 PM
I had a great view of it, it was so bad I actually laughed in disbelief. I don't know if it was malicious but even if it wasn't it has to be the worst mistimed tackle I've ever seen at Easter Road from an away player, McGinn was lucky to escape serious injury. A straight red all day long.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 12:44 PM
It was a little high.

If he'd missed McGinn he might have caught me in the upper tier of the West.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
That big **** is never a footballer in his puff.