PDA

View Full Version : Holt

calumhibee1
04-03-2017, 05:59 PM
My MOTM today. Superb and has been for the most part for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

theonlywayisup
04-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Cummings and Holt were poor but otherwise solid performance

I thought Holt was outstanding and we could have had more but job done.

Just posted this in a previous thread. Opinions, eh

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Was fantastic.

houstonhibbee
My MOTM today. Superb and has been for the most part for the last 5 or 6 weeks.

Not quibbling but I found him a bit frustrating. No lack of effort and maybe with a bit of luck he could have had at least one goal and a couple of assists

GreenCastle
Love the guy!

Showed his class once again today. He makes some really good runs -works non stop and I feel is a leader on the pitch.

He deserves more goals as he is involved in a lot.

Considering he got taken out in first few minutes he did well to carry on and play well.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Just posted this in a previous thread. Opinions, eh

I thought he was poor. Basically lived up to Blackpool Hibs summary today- spent too much time miles from the box or moaning at officials. At one point in the second half Stevenson was clearly shouting at him to get himself in the box.

Some nice touches first half over by the West but very little came off for him or Cummings second half.

Onion
04-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Wasn't sure about Holt at the beginning, but for or a 35 yr old, astonishing appetite and application. Many players would have gone into their shell after that thump he got in 1st min.

A proper footballer who's a great example to others.

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
I thought he was poor. Basically lived up to Blackpool Hibs summary today- spent too much time miles from the box or moaning at officials. At one point in the second half Stevenson was clearly shouting at him to get himself in the box.

Some nice touches first half over by the West but very little came off for him or Cummings second half.

He was the best player in the 1st half and involved in a lot 2nd half.

He's an important part of the team. He does sometimes drop deep but if you watch his movement it's very intelligent and often opens up space for others.

Cummings and Holt are our best 2 up front when playing well.

Though I think Keatings will score more than Holt this season.

Brightside
04-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Holt was outstanding. They need to stop drunk people in hospitality giving out the MOTM awards!

skyhibs
04-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Holt is not for me... offered nothing today..... we need another goal scorer.. also didn't think Cummings was too interested today ... ambrose looks class though, much better than most today

Brightside
04-03-2017, 06:11 PM

He's an important part of the team. He does sometimes drop deep but if you watch his movement it's very intelligent and often opens up space for others.

Keatings would be our top goal scorer if he played every game.

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Holt was outstanding. They need to stop drunk people in hospitality giving out the MOTM awards!

Ha! Laughed at that.

Some of the man of the match awards have been a joke this season. Basically who the sponsor fancies.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM

I think this debate has been had several times already on Holt but just as a reminder.....

People who might not rate Holt or criticise him on occasion do actually watch his movement. They aren't missing some game intelligence than only Holt fans can see.

FWIW I like the big fella and would start him every game but he did not impress me today. Was far too wasteful in possession.

andy1875
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM
I thought Holt was really good today.

He will not score 20 goals a season but this guy is a nuisance, tries 100% and can actually play. My only criticism would be that he doesn't test keepers enough by putting his laces through a ball. He tries to link play and set others up more often than being selfish. Which I guess is fair enough.

I will say that he has really grown on me the last few weeks, for a 35 year old, he really does put himself about. Good on the guy and after that goal against THEM, he deserves respect.

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Holt is not for me... offered nothing today.....

Were you facing the right way?

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 06:16 PM
I think this debate has been had several times already on Holt but just as a reminder.....

People who might not rate Holt or criticise him on occasion do actually watch his movement. They aren't missing some game intelligence than only Holt fans can see.

FWIW I like the big fella and would start him every game but he did not impress me today. Was far too wasteful in possession.

The funny thing is I have watched a lot of games this season and a few I thought he wasn't at it.

But today I really enjoyed watching his link up play and looked like a real experienced pro.

The goal return is the only thing we can criticise him over but I felt he was unfortunate not to score today.

He's a great professional and glad he's in our team and we aren't up against him.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Holt is not for me... offered nothing today..... we need another goal scorer.. also didn't think Cummings was too interested today ... ambrose looks class though, much better than most today
Eh, this is a joke right?

frazeHFC
04-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Holt was brilliant today, my MOTM too.

hibee_girl
04-03-2017, 06:23 PM
He was great today, unlucky not to score

Albanian Hibs

Were you in hospitality today???

Outstanding today. I was quite critical of Holt to begin with but recently he's been excellent. Him or McGinn would have been my choice for MOTM. Take nothing away from Shinnie though, good shift from him as well.

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
He was great today, unlucky not to score

Wish he had scored with that header. I have a right Grant Holt crush 😍

We must have been watching different games then.

RoYO!
Unlucky with his header. And brilliant link up/ give and go with Keatings around the box. We really should have scored 4+ today.

skyhibs
04-03-2017, 06:33 PM
We must have been watching different games then.

That's my thoughts and am sure I am allowed to differ from you... I just think he has offered very little since he came here.. I kinda thought he was a striker... but obviously not with the amount of goals he doesn't score...

Brightside
04-03-2017, 06:36 PM

He was looking at the sky.

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 06:36 PM
That's my thoughts and am sure I am allowed to differ from you... I just think he has offered very little since he came here.. I kinda thought he was a striker... but obviously not with the amount of goals he doesn't score...

Strikers these days do more than just score goals. You can't be lazy striker and need to link play up.

Holts time at Hibs has been a success and he's played well recently. Chances are he will be here till the end of the season and may retire.

Not sure what other options we have..Keatings was injured for a while rememeber also.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Wasn't sure about Holt at the beginning, but for or a 35 yr old, astonishing appetite and application. Many players would have gone into their shell after that thump he got in 1st min.

Totally agree. Just wish he could knock a few goals in too.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 06:38 PM

Starts against Hearts we win 3-1
Doesn't start against St Mirren we look terrible.
Starts again today and we win 3-1 and look good.

There's a lot more to football than goals and Holts hold up play, the flick ons he wins or just being a nuisance with the defender and dummying the ball set us up many attacks today. He also had a header cleared off the line.

HFCdeb
04-03-2017, 06:44 PM
I love him. The most unselfish player on the pitch. He was superb today from start to finish.

rotherhamrob
04-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Keatings would be our top goal scorer if he played every game.

I totally agree.
If he was played in his position i.e up top and not in the hole in think he'd score plenty,makes good runs and doesn't mind using either foot.

Scott Allan Key
04-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Who on here, apart from Holt lovers understands the role of a False No. 9- a tactic that Lennon really favours?

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Thought Holt was great, energy and linked the play well. Genuine leader on the pitch and deserved a goal.

Smartie
04-03-2017, 06:55 PM
I thought he was outstanding today, as I usually think he is.

I honestly can't understand how people can watch a performance like that and think he's anything other than outstanding.

For me he's our most important player right now and he's the glue that holds all our play in the final third together.

Ketings would do well up there with him, Cummings does well with him, Boyle would do well with him. Without him we look lost.

overdrive
04-03-2017, 07:01 PM
A great performance by Holt. Shinnie was good as well but Holt shaded it for me as MotM

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Going by goals alone, Kris Boyd would be the best striker Scottish fitbaw has seen in a long time.

Love the big guy. Works well with Jase and talks the other players through the game.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 07:09 PM

I honestly can't understand how people can watch a performance like that and think he's anything other than outstanding.

For me he's our most important player right now and he's the glue that holds all our play in the final third together.

Ketings would do well up there with him, Cummings does well with him, Boyle would do well with him. Without him we look lost.

Totally agree has been excellent recently.

Hibby70
04-03-2017, 07:14 PM

Each of us has our own opinion to which they are entitled. Even when it's wrong, like yours is.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2017, 07:15 PM

It's possible to agree with your last paragraphs but not think he was great today.

He was nowhere near outstanding for me. Wayward 35 yard volleys, too slow to get a shot away from good Boyle cutback, several examples of giving the ball away 2nd half. Not a great showing

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
My man of the match as well today. Movement was good, hold up was good and he was good in the air either winning his fair share or making defenders miss.

A 442 with Cummings and Holt up top is the way to go for us. If that means Bartley, McGinn or Fyvie missing out at times then so be it

churchie16
04-03-2017, 07:20 PM

Finally someone else who sees it the guys a class act works his socks off for the team can see John McGinn sir David etc appreciate him understand he's probably got to score more but if he performs like that every week like the last good few weeks and gets promoted with this group of guys that's good enough for me

HFCdeb
04-03-2017, 07:22 PM
My man of the match as well today. Movement was good, hold up was good and he was good in the air either winning his fair share or making defenders miss.

A 442 with Cummings and Holt up top is the way to go for us. If that means Bartley, McGinn or Fyvie missing out at times then so be it

I totally agree re: 442.

JackLadd
04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
He scored at places like the Emirates and Stamford Bridge for Norwich in the epl, Hampden should hold no worries for him.

Smartie
04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
It's possible to agree with your last paragraphs but not think he was great today.

He was nowhere near outstanding for me. Wayward 35 yard volleys, too slow to get a shot away from good Boyle cutback, several examples of giving the ball away 2nd half. Not a great showing

He was very involved throughout.

I thought he was outstanding and played very well indeed without being perfect.

Yes, he makes wrong decisions, misses the target, sometimes takes up unusual positions and gives the ball away. But that happens when you're sticking your neck on the line and grafting away to get involved.

I like that about him and I'll always accept players making mistakes when they're making an effort.

I like Fyvie for that reason too.

Players could come off the park stating they never set a foot wrong without really having got involved enough - I prefer a few rough edges to that.

Onion
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Holt is the type of player Hibs have been crying out for years. A no nonsense in-your-face competitor who'll ruffle feathers, mix it with opposition hard men and has zero respect for billy-no-marks up here in Scotland. He does the grunt work that allows others to play, but has a great footballing brain to go with it.

For too long, Hibs have been seen as a soft touch to poor teams who have bullied us - especially the Yams. Grant Holt is payback time :aok:

Golden Bear
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM
My MOM as well. He received an horrendous tackle in the first minute but continued to harangue the Ayr defence for the entire game. He also offered plenty of encouragement to his teammates, in short, he's a real asset to the team.

cleanyman
04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
He got smashed in the first minute

Should have been a yellow straight away

Andy74
04-03-2017, 07:53 PM

You are mental. Holt was outstanding today. That's not an opinion, he just was.

Pete
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Great in the first half, faded a bit in the second but improved as the half wore on.

Like Cummings, got through lots of work and had a good game.

Carheenlea
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
I just have a feeling that Grant Holt is going to score some of our most important goals of the season in the weeks ahead.

HFCdeb
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
He was very involved throughout.

I thought he was outstanding and played very well indeed without being perfect.

Yes, he makes wrong decisions, misses the target, sometimes takes up unusual positions and gives the ball away. But that happens when you're sticking your neck on the line and grafting away to get involved.

I like that about him and I'll always accept players making mistakes when they're making an effort.

I like Fyvie for that reason too.

Players could come off the park stating they never set a foot wrong without really having got involved enough - I prefer a few rough edges to that.

This all day long.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-03-2017, 08:04 PM
I thought he was excellent for the 1st 20-30 mins then ok thereafter.

Gave the ball away too often in the 2nd half for my liking so i'm not sure where people are getting the outstanding performance from.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Holt was my MotM again. We are a much better team when he plays. Uses every bit of his experience to our advantage.

greenlex
04-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Holt played well doing what he does well. Wasn't my motm tho. That was between big Effe or SJM. Both terrific.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Haven't read the thread, don't even know if it was started to slate him but can I just say, he was outstanding today.

If he still had half a yard he would still be in the BPL. Clever, energetic and wise. MoTM for me by a distance.

Col2
04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
He is making a huge difference in the big games and expect he will give United a really difficult time on Friday.

He may end up being the difference at a time when we need to battle to get over the line and would unsettle any defence at Hampden.

Mon_the_cabbage
04-03-2017, 08:43 PM
I thought he played really well. He also caused a chuckle in the West Lower in the 2nd half.

Jostling with a defender, he allowed the ball to roll out over the side line and when Ayr got the throw in he had a go at anyone who would listen (and some who didn't) but in a last desperate move, he turned and shouted to us in the west Lower "You'se all seen that didn't you?" to much merriment :greengrin.

If I'm honest though, I thought it was their throw in too! :greengrin

monktonharp
04-03-2017, 08:52 PM
I love him. The most unselfish player on the pitch. He was superb today from start to finish. I only saw the first half ! as I had to take my wee granddaughter hame. Holt was amazing in that half, with all his trickery and passing. he was obviously sweating like bein' in hell but one downside being, he sometimes wont chase balls that he might get. younger players tend to go for it but that's his status nowadays and I like how he operates!.I was in the lower west today and what I saw from him , I liked. he did get a fair whack early in the game too

PPZPOL
04-03-2017, 09:07 PM
His best game for me in terms of linking up play with midfielders. The difference between us taking 1 touch instead of 3,4,5 is frightening as well - it must happen more often.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2017, 09:10 PM

Maybe not poor but he certainly wasn't great. I love the big man to bits but he's just not got the sharpness now.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Maybe not poor but he certainly wasn't great. I love the big man to bits but he's just not got the sharpness now.

Wow, there's more of you!

IberianHibernian
04-03-2017, 09:16 PM
I understand the positive comments about Holt - experience , link up play etc but watching on Hibs TV today I was frustrated about how long it took us to put the result beyond doubt and on numerous occasions I was thinking if only Dom Malonga or Stokes was there instead of Holt . If Holt hadn`t been signed from the English league and known by so many Sky viewers I doubt so many people would almost forget his lack of pace , complaining to refs and teammates etc and only focus on his strong points .

Hiber-nation
04-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Wow, there's more of you!

Behave eh? He was different class againt hearts but he can't do it every week. Unlike others he has an excuse, he's 35, not exactly built like an athlete and has come back from a bad injury. I've never been so happy for a Hibs player to score a goal than I was when Holty scored against hearts.

I'd start him every week and I absolutely love what he brings to Hibs but I'm not having it that he was man of the match today.

Silver Fox
04-03-2017, 09:21 PM

There's a lot more to football than goals and Holts hold up play, the flick ons he wins or just being a nuisance with the defender and dummying the ball set us up many attacks today. He also had a header cleared off the line.

yep, said it for a while, argued with my pal about it too, we play better with him in the team, someone produce the stats, with/without him please I'm sure we have secured more points with him

Still Smiling
04-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Top guy Holt. Professional, clever, aware, leader, class act ...watch and appreciate quality!

Onion
04-03-2017, 10:26 PM

And if he had that sharpness, do you think he'd be anywhere near Easter Road ? Not a chance. We're a Scottish Championship side and IMO fortunate to have player of Holts' experience and commitment. Plays every game like he's one of our own. Can we ask for any more than that ?

IberianHibernian
04-03-2017, 10:34 PM
And if he had that sharpness, do you think he'd be anywhere near Easter Road ? Not a chance. We're a Scottish Championship side and IMO fortunate to have player of Holts' experience and commitment. Plays every game like he's one of our own. Can we ask for any more than that ?We can`t ask any more of Holt if he`s at the maximum fitness level he feels he can get to but we can certainly hope to have better next season whichever league we`re in . Malonga and then Stokes scored more goals and were more entertaining players so even if we don`t go up I`m certainly hoping to see better strikers than Holt next season .

green day
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Haven't read thread, but we play better with Holt in the team.

Yep, he should score more, but, hey it's the Scottish 1st div. He does ok got me

Jonnyboy
04-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Anyone thinking Holt had a poor game should watch the BBC highlights on Sportscene.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2017, 11:15 PM
And if he had that sharpness, do you think he'd be anywhere near Easter Road ? Not a chance. We're a Scottish Championship side and IMO fortunate to have player of Holts' experience and commitment. Plays every game like he's one of our own. Can we ask for any more than that ?

That's not the point. I'm not criticising Holt.

eastmainsmsh
05-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Seems to be coming on to a game fitness and form at right time like holt would like to see keatings up front in a three with holt and Cummings

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 12:19 AM

Zlatan is also 35..

One Day
05-03-2017, 12:24 AM

Made me laugh :top marks

IberianHibernian
05-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Anyone thinking Holt had a poor game should watch the BBC highlights on Sportscene.
Has anyone sad he had a poor game ? Don`t think so . Some said he didn`t deserve to be MOM which he didn`t get anyway . We all have different opinions as fans about how Holt has performed so far this season but whatever we think I`m sure that Neil Lennon was hoping for much more when we signed him . This time last year there were very mixed opinions here about Stokes but he finished season strongly not just in the cup final . Hopefully Holt can make a similar impact in the league and cup this year .

Hi Heid Yin
05-03-2017, 12:33 AM
Holt is the type of player Hibs have been crying out for years. A no nonsense in-your-face competitor who'll ruffle feathers, mix it with opposition hard men and has zero respect for billy-no-marks up here in Scotland. He does the grunt work that allows others to play, but has a great footballing brain to go with it.

For too long, Hibs have been seen as a soft touch to poor teams who have bullied us - especially the Yams. Grant Holt is payback time :aok:

:top marks:agree::agree:

Hi Heid Yin
05-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Top guy Holt. Professional, clever, aware, leader, class act ...watch and appreciate quality!

:agree::agree:

northstandhibby
05-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Grant if your'e looking in the vast majority of us realise how good you are and really appreciate the hard work you are doing as a target front man for us. Personally I think you will be remembered as a cult hero for many years to come. You led by example against the 'big team' and bullied them and tormented them and it was a memorable historic game.

Keep up the sterling good work Holty!!! Legend.

glory glory

LaMotta
05-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Has anyone sad he had a poor game ? Don`t think so . Some said he didn`t deserve to be MOM which he didn`t get anyway . We all have different opinions as fans about how Holt has performed so far this season but whatever we think I`m sure that Neil Lennon was hoping for much more when we signed him . This time last year there were very mixed opinions here about Stokes but he finished season strongly not just in the cup final . Hopefully Holt can make a similar impact in the league and cup this year .

Read the thread again, someone said he had a poor game!

The Harp Awakes
05-03-2017, 02:02 AM
The big guy was brilliant today. Becoming more and more a key player for Hibs. Love him.

Tyler Durden
05-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Read the thread again, someone said he had a poor game!

Guilty as charged!

I said on another thread that we'd played very well as a team but felt Holt and Cummings were poor with little coming off for them.

Watching back that is harsh on both. I missed Holts passage of play with Keatings at the game for example. So I can agree he wasn't poor, still nowhere near outstanding however 😉

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Dearie me...all entitled to our opinions but think u were at a different game. Holt was brilliant today and Cummings done fine too apart from.his 5 min meltdown

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 10:42 AM
If Holt had more pace he simply wouldn't be playing for us. I've always liked him. He's a nuisance, he can hold up the ball, and his link-up play and ability to spot a pass is superb. He's also the kind of guy who's a big voice on the park, which we seem to have very little of these days.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 10:43 AM

Spot on Saul - the best way to view Holts overall contribution is we always look a far poorer team without him in the starting 11 - there is so much more to him than just goals. Look at how well Mcginn played today for example in comparison to weds night - Holts movement and flicks and presence bring others into the game. Can't understand why some still criticise the big man...when fit it's gotta be him and JC up top for me.

B.H.F.C
05-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Holt is playing well just now. I think he's staying more central and it makes all the difference.

It was his flick on to McGinn that led to the sending off. When was the last time we saw one of our central midfield players bursting a gut to get beyond the strikers like that? So simple.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 10:47 AM
I just have a feeling that Grant Holt is going to score some of our most important goals of the season in the weeks ahead.
I really hope he does mate as the big fella deserves it for his performances of late

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2017, 10:50 AM
We can`t ask any more of Holt if he`s at the maximum fitness level he feels he can get to but we can certainly hope to have better next season whichever league we`re in . Malonga and then Stokes scored more goals and were more entertaining players so even if we don`t go up I`m certainly hoping to see better strikers than Holt next season .
Yet both Malonga and Stokes could be either sublime.or pathetically poor. I never leave a match thinking Holt is either - but the big guy gives it 110% every week. He is exactly what we need to get out of this division imo

Centre Hawf
05-03-2017, 10:51 AM
I wasn't a fan of Grant Holt. But I think recently hes really started to come into his own. He isn't a goalscorer anymore and I think it took him a while to notice that and is now happy to focus on going out to bully opposition and support his team mates and since then he's been exceptional and really key to some of play.

GreenCastle
05-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Grant Holt videos....

The guy has been there and got the T-shirt - deserves more respect and is an important part of the team and a top professional.

https://youtu.be/OI5o2snTH9Y

https://youtu.be/9ZJh7knRxBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGWwc5mluU

:top marks

Jonnyboy
05-03-2017, 11:10 AM

Post on page one of this thread describes Holt's performance as poor and other following posts lean that way too

Smartie
05-03-2017, 11:26 AM
There have been a few comparisons between Holt and Craig Brewster recently and I think they are fair and accurate.

Brewster wasn't hugely appreciated whilst he was here and he didn't score a lot of goals for us. But we had a horrible run of form when he was out of the side and after he left we went on to appreciate his importance to the side and the effect that he had on some of our younger strikers, Garry O'Connor in particular.

In years to come we'll really appreciate what Holt brought to us, and Cummings will speak glowingly of him in 20 years time.

bigwheel
05-03-2017, 11:32 AM
There have been a few comparisons between Holt and Craig Brewster recently and I think they are fair and accurate.

Brewster wasn't hugely appreciated whilst he was here and he didn't score a lot of goals for us. But we had a horrible run of form when he was out of the side and after he left we went on to appreciate his importance to the side and the effect that he had on some of our younger strikers, Garry O'Connor in particular.

In years to come we'll really appreciate what Holt brought to us, and Cummings will speak glowingly of him in 20 years time.

how I recall it: Brewster looked really sharp with us, but struggled to find the net..he seemed to be really unlucky - hitting post, bar, great saves etc...He was just finding some real form when he got injured. We spent the rest of the season struggling, got him fit - and then promptly let him go - the rest as the say is history...he always looks a top class pro..

Holt is further towards end of his career, yet his commitment and impact still makes a big difference...he takes a lot of attention away from Cummings to allow him more freedom on the pitch...good signing, needs to add a few goals to help us win this league.

Peevemor
05-03-2017, 01:04 PM
how I recall it: Brewster looked really sharp with us, but struggled to find the net..he seemed to be really unlucky - hitting post, bar, great saves etc...He was just finding some real form when he got injured. We spent the rest of the season struggling, got him fit - and then promptly let him go - the rest as the say is history...he always looks a top class pro..

Holt is further towards end of his career, yet his commitment and impact still makes a big difference...he takes a lot of attention away from Cummings to allow him more freedom on the pitch...good signing, needs to add a few goals to help us win this league.
According to Wikipedia, he scored 3 goals in 25 appearances for hibs. Hibs didn't let him go. He was offered a 1 year contract but Dunfermline offered 2 years and slightly more money (they almost went down the tubes not long after). He was gutted to leave Hibs but financially had no choice.

yonder1875
05-03-2017, 01:10 PM
So glad to have the big guy here.

Ilovehibs
05-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Grant if your'e looking in the vast majority of us realise how good you are and really appreciate the hard work you are doing as a target front man for us. Personally I think you will be remembered as a cult hero for many years to come. You led by example against the 'big team' and bullied them and tormented them and it was a memorable historic game.

Keep up the sterling good work Holty!!! Legend.

glory glory

In a nut shell.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 01:31 PM
I love Holty

Fifehibby74
05-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Big man led the line superbly yesterday. Didn't appreciate how much while at the game (maybe due to the 6 pints pre-game 😀) but really came across in the highlights. Must start on Friday sure he'll be a nuisance the United centre halves will not be looking forward to.