PDA

View Full Version : Famous five stand moaning.

ArmadaleHibs
04-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I'm a home and away fan. Even endured the debacle at paisley the other night. I for some strange reason decided to take my son in the FF upper instead of our normal east as I had my brother and his daughter with us and it was the only place at the time I could get seats together.

My brother is a footy fan but with no real alliegancies to any team. He mention even at two up how angry and nasty a lot of fans around us got towards the team. He said they can't do anything right for doing wrong. I wasn't really paying attention as I was concentrating on the game but started to listen and he was right. Some of the utter crap, sometimes vile comments and shouts from the fans around us to our own players was disgraceful.

Now I as anyone are entitled to opinions and I know frustration can get the better of some. You pay your money, your entitled to shout what you want. But today, after 40 years of solid, unwavering support from me, I found it disgraceful and ended up telling people around me to shut there mouths. I shouldn't have bothered as it was a waste of my breathe, much like this thread will probably turn into.

Hibs are my football team. I support my football team. I get frustrated by them and quite often will say or shout in frustration. But some of these so called SUPPORTERS did absolutely no supporting today and we're on players backs from the word go. Maybe I'm just getting too old. If that's what's classed as good support especially when winning then I don't know why you bother. Thankfully there's thousands more terrific hibs supporters.

Ggtth

04-03-2017, 04:53 PM
I've lost the plot a few times with Hibs fans who only seem to be interested in slating players based on a loose understanding of the game.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2017, 04:54 PM
As a FF upper resident I kind of agree, some right clowns around me.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2017, 04:56 PM
It's not just the FF. I sit near the halfway line in the East, some of the stuff people come out with is incredible. One guy today shouting at Cummings "***** off ya wee dick", after a bad pass. Older guys in particular seem to have issues with Cummings in my experience.

More generally though any bad pass or even a good pass which goes back the way from anyone is often met with derision.

I've heard from other neutral fans they also think the anger and moaning of our fans is generally worse than most other grounds

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Thought the support today was positive and has been very good all season.

East stand seemed fine from where I was.

You get plenty of trumpets at games and occasionally the cup games bring out some fans who haven't been for a while : haven't got much patience.

ArmadaleHibs
04-03-2017, 04:58 PM
It's not just the FF. I sit near the halfway line in the East, some of the stuff people come out with is incredible. One guy today shouting at Cummings "***** off ya wee dick", after a bad pass. Older guys in particular seem to have issues with Cummings in my experience.

More generally though any bad pass or even a good pass which goes back the way from anyone is often met with derision.

I've heard from other neutral fans they also think the anger and moaning of our fans is generally worse than most other grounds

I have to agree with you totally. It's not just the FF, but I noticed today it was pretty disgusting. Good passes back to go forward we're criticised as well as players berated for the least mistake. It's ridiculous

hibsbollah
04-03-2017, 04:59 PM
It's a statistical fact that most of the dick sin our support are located in the FF Upper. Purging them in true Chinese Communist Party style is the answer. An ideal place for the singing section, surely? :whistle:

kevo1875
04-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Should be in west upper old guy behind me slates the player from first whistle to last , the guy should be in the away end..talks utter sht , win lose or draw we are just not good enough according to him...been told a few times

Arch Stanton
04-03-2017, 05:16 PM
I reckon you'd be hard put to find an oasis from such insidious crap anywhere in ER (well, not the Dunbar end of course).

Seems like spouting negative bile in an agressive manner is how some 'fans' try to make themselves sound knowledgeable.

Not so much 'knowledgeable fans' in my book - more like 'donkeys'.

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2017, 05:20 PM
The Shinnie haters behind nearly took a stroke when he was named motm. Ok, he wasn't motm imo today but he is still a Hibs player. Give him support ffs.

andy1875
04-03-2017, 05:23 PM
I sit in the FF upper and have to say I have never noticed any ott moaning other than the odd disgruntled punter which you get in every football ground in the world.

Opinions eh.

Section 24 by the way. Maybe other sections are full of serial moaners mind :greengrin

hibee_girl
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
The Shinnie haters behind nearly took a stroke when he was named motm. Ok, he wasn't motm imo today but he is still a Hibs player. Give him support ffs.

I don't hate him but I did have a wtf moment when it was announced

capitals_finest
04-03-2017, 05:28 PM

Shinnie is a confidence player, anyone that shouts negative pish against any of our own players is a bellend and is only helping the away team

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 05:35 PM

To be fair, the majority of the support were laughing or shaking their heads in disbelief at the announcement!

CMurdoch
04-03-2017, 05:37 PM
I don't hate him but I did have a wtf moment when it was announced

Shinnie's inch perfect pass to Boyle to win the penalty was brilliant

--------
04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
It's been like this for years - from long before the FF Stand was a gleam in STF's beady eye.

Some teams, the support's worth a goal of a start to them.

At ER, the team have to score before a lot of the 'supporters' condescend to stop abusing them. I canmake for a very unpleasant afternoon out, actually.

West lower
04-03-2017, 05:41 PM
To be fair, the majority of the support were laughing or shaking their heads in disbelief at the announcement!

Not in the west lower they weren't. Most agreed either Shinnie or Ambrose.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 05:43 PM

All opinions eh. John McGinn for me today.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-03-2017, 05:44 PM

Def mcginn for me. He was like a terrier

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2017, 05:46 PM

Yes. If you're not getting any romantic action or banging some old munter, of course you're going to resent a young goalscorer who can go into any bar in George Street and have the young lovelies fawning over him. But at least have the dignity to try and hide it.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 05:48 PM

Agree. Got to enjoy this guy while we can. Total class.

West lower
04-03-2017, 05:49 PM

Yeah, he was good too. A few were much better today. Onwards and upwards.

ancient hibee
04-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they abused.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Ambrose was nowhere near MOTM!

kevo1875
04-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Should be in west upper old guy behind me slates the player from first whistle to last , the guy should be in the away end..talks utter sht , win lose or draw we are just not good enough according to him...been told a few times

HFCdeb
04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
It's depressing when you're stuck by those sorts. I've sat all over the stadium this season and the West has by far been the worst for that type of negativity. The Shinnie and Holt haters are mind numbing at times.

Ilovehibs
04-03-2017, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=ancient hibee;4966687]Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they a

I had ma specs oan.
No to be fair, I meant the majority around where I sit in the east. I think some did give an encouraging cheer but most near me were a bit taken aback. It wasn't abusive, more amused.

No offense was expressed to Shinnie.

Folk must have been brave to abuse Ned Turnbull!

hibby6270
04-03-2017, 06:00 PM
No way Shinnie was MotM today. A most frustrating, inconsistent player. At times shows brilliance but equals that fourfold with being slow, negative and losing the ball too easily. 5 or 6 touches on the ball when a simpler option is often available that he either doesn't see or thinks he's good enough to develop into something else. He's a trier, I'll give him that. But his mistakes at times are what he needs to shake off.

Because of this, I admit to having a moan at him or putting my head in my hands at times. Equally though, I know something better from him is just round the corner in a game. It's the good things 'stats' he needs to improve on and we'll all be happy.

ancient hibee
04-03-2017, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=ancient hibee;4966687]Why do they do that? Why not give the player an encouraging cheer?You must have very good eyesight if you were able to survey the crowd,or is that unfair of me?

When I was a kid it was Eddie Turnbull they a

I had ma specs oan.
No to be fair, I meant the majority around where I sit in the east. I think some did give an encouraging cheer but most near me were a bit taken aback. It wasn't abusive, more amused.

No offense was expressed to Shinnie.

Folk must have been brave to abuse Ned Turnbull!

Obviously not to his face:greengrin

But it did mean that later on he basically didn't' have much time for fans because he thought they knew nothing about football!

Swedish hibee
04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Has Cummings ever had man of the match?

franks
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM
It's been like this for years - from long before the FF Stand was a gleam in STF's beady eye.

Some teams, the support's worth a goal of a start to them.

At ER, the team have to score before a lot of the 'supporters' condescend to stop abusing them. I canmake for a very unpleasant afternoon out, actually.

Have to disagree although there maybe sections where this is true. Have sat in the FF upper since its birth and those around me are mostly very supportive. I get a bit fed up with the unsupportive tag that is levelled against the FF upper. Anyway next season we'll be in the ultra stand so an end to the myth.

Hibeewilly
04-03-2017, 06:23 PM
I thought Ambrose was superb today - he just oozed class. He will be a major player for us in the run in. Holt McGinn Shinnie and Ambrose were all contenders for MOM for me

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Not in any way acceptable however Cummings brought a lot of that on himself.today with his petulant huff

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
And he was very good again today too...

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
I thought he was very good again today tbh - don't understand the criticism he gets on here at all sometimes.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
FF upper around me is fine. Few moaners about but mostly amongst themselves and nothing players would hear.

Tbh I've never believed the idea there are better supporters in different areas of ER. Some of my worst experiences amongst fellow fans have been in the East, as many good as bad I would say whilst I've had some brilliant times in the 'boring' FF and West.

Fwiw I thought the crowd was good today. Atmosphere was decent and team was backed throughout. I think people often overestimate the impact the odd collective groan has.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 06:28 PM
No way Shinnie was MotM today. A most frustrating, inconsistent player. At times shows brilliance but equals that fourfold with being slow, negative and losing the ball too easily. 5 or 6 touches on the ball when a simpler option is often available that he either doesn't see or thinks he's good enough to develop into something else. He's a trier, I'll give him that. But his mistakes at times are what he needs to shake off.

Because of this, I admit to having a moan at him or putting my head in my hands at times. Equally though, I know something better from him is just round the corner in a game. It's the good things 'stats' he needs to improve on and we'll all be happy.
Slow and negative are u for real?? He is always looking to make things happen...I get he can be inconsistent and frustrating but I don't get that at all!! Now Fyvie - there is someone who is pedestrian and negative with his passing - yet he is one of the "untouchables" as far as criticism goes

SON OF PADDY
04-03-2017, 06:29 PM

What a wonderful player we have in SJM !!
Strong and courageous and not forgetting the abundance of skill that he has, let's just enjoy him while we can.
That laddie is going to go all the way.

greenlex
04-03-2017, 06:33 PM

Disagree. He was definitely a contender. Strolled the game and rarely put a foot wrong. A couple of wayward passes but Gibbs expected till he really gets to know his team mates. I think he is s very good player and we are lucky to have him

Brightside
04-03-2017, 06:33 PM

Not in my West Lower. At least 20 people near me were pissing themselves laughing.

andy1875
04-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Ambrose for motm?

Im not bashing the guy here but come on eh. He didnt have much to do defensively but he did fine.
What he did do though was give the ball away 4 or 5 times needlessly through slack passing.

He did ok but never motm.

Johnny Clash
04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Holt for me. Put in a good shift and had some silky smooth wee touches too.

SJM and Efe also had good games.

Can't wait to get back to Hampden!

Stantons Angel
04-03-2017, 08:04 PM

Me too! he took the game to them everytime he was on the ball.

His trickery is amazing and he takes knocks galore and just gets up and gets on with it.

Hardly misplaced a pass today and was always making himself available for the ball.

Hibs Class that lad!

Hiber-nation
04-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Ambrose for motm?

Im not bashing the guy here but come on eh. He didnt have much to do defensively but he did fine.
What he did do though was give the ball away 4 or 5 times needlessly through slack passing.

He did ok but never motm.

Exactly. He's well off match fitness and only came on to a game when they were down to 10 men. Good signing but man of the match?!?! Come on....

Blaster
04-03-2017, 08:08 PM

Shinnie or holt for me

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 08:18 PM
I'm a home and away fan. Even endured the debacle at paisley the other night. I for some strange reason decided to take my son in the FF upper instead of our normal east as I had my brother and his daughter with us and it was the only place at the time I could get seats together.

My brother is a footy fan but with no real alliegancies to any team. He mention even at two up how angry and nasty a lot of fans around us got towards the team. He said they can't do anything right for doing wrong. I wasn't really paying attention as I was concentrating on the game but started to listen and he was right. Some of the utter crap, sometimes vile comments and shouts from the fans around us to our own players was disgraceful.

Now I as anyone are entitled to opinions and I know frustration can get the better of some. You pay your money, your entitled to shout what you want. But today, after 40 years of solid, unwavering support from me, I found it disgraceful and ended up telling people around me to shut there mouths. I shouldn't have bothered as it was a waste of my breathe, much like this thread will probably turn into.

Hibs are my football team. I support my football team. I get frustrated by them and quite often will say or shout in frustration. But some of these so called SUPPORTERS did absolutely no supporting today and we're on players backs from the word go. Maybe I'm just getting too old. If that's what's classed as good support especially when winning then I don't know why you bother. Thankfully there's thousands more terrific hibs supporters.

Ggtth

No you can't. It's complete nonsense if people use that as an excuse to vent their vile bull**** at the players. Disgusting behaviour and one of the most pathetic excuses I've ever heard. "I pay my money so I can shout what I like!" = "I'm a complete bellend and have no clue about football!"

Its ****ing infuriating when supporters shout crap at Hibs players.

ArmadaleHibs
04-03-2017, 08:22 PM
No you can't. It's complete nonsense if people use that as an excuse to vent their vile bull**** at the players. Disgusting behaviour and one of the most pathetic excuses I've ever heard. "I pay my money so I can shout what I like!" = "I'm a complete bellend and have no clue about football!"

Its ****ing infuriating when supporters shout crap at Hibs players.

I'm on your side with this one not against

Mikey09
04-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm on your side with this one not against

Sorry, I know that. Just picked that line out as it does my head in. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Disagree. He was definitely a contender. Strolled the game and rarely put a foot wrong. A couple of wayward passes but Gibbs expected till he really gets to know his team mates. I think he is s very good player and we are lucky to have him

Nowhere near mate,settled down and done the simple things but nothing spectacular,struggled with passing and looked nervous at times. He will no doubt improve as he is a class player.

Green Fish
04-03-2017, 09:47 PM
I sit in the FF upper and have to say I have never noticed any ott moaning other than the odd disgruntled punter which you get in every football ground in the world.

Opinions eh.

Section 24 by the way. Maybe other sections are full of serial moaners mind :greengrin
As a section24 resident I cant say iv heard too much negativity.

Old guys infront moan a bit but not very vocally and generally get right behind the team.

Father and son somewhere behind sometimes get bit raj but thats about it

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
04-03-2017, 10:05 PM

:agree: absolutely!

jgl07
05-03-2017, 02:08 PM
I spent a season and a half in the West Upper and left because of the general negativity of those around me. I moved to the FF Upper after a spell in the South Stand. Much better in the FF in my view.

judas
05-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Shinnie is a confidence player, anyone that shouts negative pish against any of our own players is a bellend and is only helping the away team

I agree with this. Shinnie responds very well to praise. Ive watched it. Even when the mom was announced it was like someone put rocket boosters under him for a few minutes.

So if that's what fires him up, then there will be quite a few shouts of positive encouragement coming from me.

Onion
05-03-2017, 08:29 PM
FF Upper has had that reputation for years.

We're in the West Lower and you get your fair share of characters there but to man they're fully behind the team, even if a few moan at individuals from time to time.

No problem in fellow supporters have a moan, as long as it's not relentless and you can see how much it means to them when things go well. It's the ones who can't even enjoy or relax when we're winning and playing well that bother me. Not sure why they go.

GlesgaeHibby
05-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Holt for me. Put in a good shift and had some silky smooth wee touches too.

SJM and Efe also had good games.

Can't wait to get back to Hampden!

Thought McGinn edged it but Holt had a very good game. Guy near me in the West Lower was going mad at Lennon to sub Holt for most of the second half.

DavidDavidGray
05-03-2017, 08:34 PM
There was this family behind where I was sitting that aren't they normally and they were the least supportive fans I've heard. Constantly shouting abuse and swearing towards anyone for no reason, genuinely sounded like yams. Cummings and Holt got a lot of stick, even when Cummings scored. Luckily they left at half time

jacomo
06-03-2017, 07:35 AM
FF Upper my least favourite part of the ground as the moaning seems worse there than elsewhere.

Salt N Sauzee
06-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Had a moaning faced git sat in front of me in the East Stand. Slated the team from start to finish. He couldn't wait to slate a mis-placed pass etc and never applauded any of our attacking/passing moves. When we were 2-1 up for much of the second half we were knocking the ball around nicely looking for an opening and this genius shouted "mon tae F Hibs, they're happy for us to do that, where's the urgency!?" He either wasn't aware that we were winning the game with an extra man or just doesn't understand football at all. He also called for Cummings to get subbed off as he's "useless". At times if you were go by the shouts and groans from around the ground - you would of thought we were losing for most of the game. Pretty frustrating cause we played really well yesterday and completely strolled it, never looked to be under any threat whatsoever.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-03-2017, 08:07 AM
In the big games, the support is terrific at getting behind the players and creating an atmosphere.

When it bothers me is where we're playing a much weaker side and everyone rocks up expecting some sort of total football lesson. Take Ayr in the league for example, I took my bro and nephew along. It didn't help going a goal behind so early on but the atmosphere at times was horrible. The crowd getting on certain players' back (Fyvie and Shinnie mostly) as soon as an attack broke down.

No wonder players pass the ball to a team mate at times. In fear of the reaction from the stands at times. As for the fans that groan if we make a backwards pass - go watch basketball.

The abuse itself is just complete nonsense. Shouting "Jase/Holt/Stevenson/Shinnie/Fyvie you're ****ing murder" or whatever.... why? Because of a bad pass? Get a grip

CockneyRebel
06-03-2017, 08:48 AM

Myself and everyone around me and all those I met outside ER, on the bus and in the pub all agreed Shinnie or Holt for MOM.

Iceman1875
06-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Absolute Walpoler was behind me in the East on Saturday - had something to say on everything and was mainly derogatory to our players. Get behind the team, not part of the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
06-03-2017, 10:59 AM
I've been in the same seat in the FF Upper since it was built (I do go home between games though) and it's great!
The folk around me are overwhelmingly positive, and with the exception of a 'professional coach' in the back row who occasionally shouts "Why diddy no......." there is hardly ever a moan heard.

There is the odd numpty who threatens to have an aneurysm every now and again visible further down the stand but the 'folk at the back' are no bother at all.

I'm bemused at the supposed reputation we have - frankly it seems from where we sit that the booing and shrieking comes mostly from the Easties!

FF UPPER FF UPPER RA RA RA

:na na:

Ritchie
06-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I moved from the East to the Famous Five lower as my 6 year old son has now taken a real interest in Hibs and football.

Thought the FF would be more suitable as it's the "family stand". Some of the crap I have heard this season from some of the older guys is laughable. Never happy, even if we are winning.

Betty Boop
06-03-2017, 11:14 AM
What a wonderful player we have in SJM !!
Strong and courageous and not forgetting the abundance of skill that he has, let's just enjoy him while we can.
That laddie is going to go all the way.
Aye all the way to Parkhead unfortunately .

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 11:28 AM
I moved from the East to the Famous Five lower as my 6 year old son has now taken a real interest in Hibs and football.

Thought the FF would be more suitable as it's the "family stand". Some of the crap I have heard this season from some of the older guys is laughable. Never happy, even if we are winning.

Which only goes to prove that no matter where you sit in the stadium you are likely to have at least one sour pus sitting near you .... we are in section 17 and its overwhelmingly positive :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Ggtth

Mibbie the best place for them - furthest away from the pitch so they can ho at the moon ;)

Ritchie
06-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Which only goes to prove that no matter where you sit in the stadium you are likely to have at least one sour pus sitting near you .... we are in section 17 and its overwhelmingly positive :greengrin

Very true - never thought the family stand would be the worst I've experienced though