PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of those less fortunate than us

1two
04-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I don't know why but for being 1 match away from yet another Hampton trip, thing seem a little muted.
It's time us hibees realised how lucky we've been in cup competitions of late.
Think of all those football fans out there who've got nothing to do today. Especially our neighbours.

So how about a list of things they could do today to keep them occupied as we march on to 2 in a row?

I'll start with;
Give the lawn it's first cut of the year (or its next layer of sand at Tynie)
Have a bath
Start a collection to repay the charities you've robbed in recent years.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Watch the 3 minute DVD entitled Hearts Scottish Cup goals 2013-2017.

Sammy7nil
04-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Go shopping at Primark

Skol
Watch the 3 minute DVD entitled Hearts Scottish Cup goals 2013-2017.
Must be a lot of repeats to get three minutes.

Bostonhibby
Give the maroon cardigan a wash and polish it's shiny brown buttons in preparation for the next match.

Get the iron out and put a nice sharp crease in the brown polyester strides from M&S.

1two
04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Admire photos of your highly impressive roof truss

greenlex
04-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Cancel that direct debit.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2017, 09:58 AM
A good opportunity to get those expenses forms sorted out.

BH Hibs
04-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Have a perusal round the communal bins for a tasty morsel.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Console yourself with the fact as the big team you are almost certainly the last Edinburgh side to hold both major trophies....oh wait.

Kojock
04-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Rearrange the belly button fluff collection.

hibsbollah
04-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Turtlewax the maroon Rover 75.

PatHead
04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Sort out your collection of 6 finger gloves. Kick your mum out of bed.

Santa Cruz
04-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Get the laptop out and plan some coaching strategy thingies. It's easy.

BH Hibs
04-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Pretend you're a Hibby, log on to .net and post a lot of pish. :wink:

Onion
04-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Any of the above, but in reality, South Stand, Easter Road with their other sad mates :wink:

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Have a big old Tommy tank to a picture of Gonzo..

hibbydog
04-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Polish your rocket

1two
04-03-2017, 10:41 AM
Visit that sister you've always been told to call your auntie

Bostonhibby
04-03-2017, 10:50 AM
If the weathers nice there's maybe a wee rally somewhere they could attend?

Chance to meet like minded people and sing the Horst Wessel song.

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Buy a ticket in the Ayr end and continue their obsession with watching the Hibs.

IGRIGI
04-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Put the "Medals Mckay presents: 1986 League and Scottish Cup Champions" VHS on re-run.

seanshow
04-03-2017, 11:01 AM
For the masochistic amongst them - a contemplative stroll round gorgie farm repeating the mantra
"Pumped out the Big Cup, two years in a row"

Golden Bear
04-03-2017, 11:06 AM
They should organise a search for the elusive tickling sticks to help bring a smile back to their soor faces.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Get yourself along to the away end at ER today and do 5-1 signs, as that really gets to us.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Wrap that comfort blanket round you ever so tightly and rock back and forth on your chair muttering "5v1" to yourself endlessly.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Choose Hearts, choose making 9 January signings purely to put your biggest rivals out the cup, choose withholding the repayment of Poppy monies so you can make a BACS transfer into Ibrahim Tall's bank account, choose Nerijus Barasa, choose an asbestos ridden stand, choose the Pyjama Man and a variety of magic sticks, choose Craig Levein, choose dragging a manchild out of his mum's attic and propelling him into your dugout completely unprepared, choose accepting things that are unacceptable, choose promoting fan ownership when in reality the begging bowl has never been put away for years and the ownership remains at a big fat f***ing zero, choose Malauray Martin, choose appointing a creepy looking stepdad as your assistant who turned to football after a failed career with Hanson, choose Hans Eskilsson, choose having a special relationship with the Scottish Cup and taking great care to ensure you get pumped out of it at the earliest opportunity, choose Juhon Oshinawa, choose pumping small charities out of money, choose sending your share money straight into Vladimir Romanov's suitcase and barely making a sound as he done a runner, choose Eddie Malofeev and inexplicably managing to hire a manager who interviews even worse than him, choose Brannimir Kostadinov, choose money-spinning replays, choose defining your entire existence against your biggest rivals and frothing at the mouth when they beat you. Choose Hearts.

Eyrie
04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Choose Hearts, choose making 9 January signings purely to put your biggest rivals out the cup, choose withholding the repayment of Poppy monies so you can make a BACS transfer into Ibrahim Tall's bank account, choose Nerijus Barasa, choose an asbestos ridden stand, choose the Pyjama Man and a variety of magic sticks, choose Craig Levein, choose dragging a manchild out of his mum's attic and propelling him into your dugout completely unprepared, choose accepting things that are unacceptable, choose promoting fan ownership when in reality the begging bowl has never been put away for years and the ownership remains at a big fat f***ing zero, choose Malauray Martin, choose appointing a creepy looking stepdad as your assistant who turned to football after a failed career with Hanson, choose Hans Eskilsson, choose having a special relationship with the Scottish Cup and taking great care to ensure you get pumped out of it at the earliest opportunity, choose Juhon Oshinawa, choose pumping small charities out of money, choose sending your share money straight into Vladimir Romanov's suitcase and barely making a sound as he done a runner, choose Eddie Malofeev and inexplicably managing to hire a manager who interviews even worse than him, choose Brannimir Kostadinov, choose money-spinning replays, choose defining your entire existence against your biggest rivals and frothing at the mouth when they beat you. Choose Hearts.

Outstanding work :top marks

Glory Lurker
04-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Treat yourself to a cup of cold seethe.

fat freddy
04-03-2017, 11:52 AM

Incisive disection of a club struggling to remain relevant

snooky
04-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Watch a video of Jason Cummings greatest goals for Hearts.

Hibrandenburg
04-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Withdraw some cash from your Lady Haig account and treat your sistermom to a hot towel shave.

Scott Allan Key
04-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Get together with any of their fellow Yams in any group bigger than zero and try to pretend there is nothing sinister going down.

Joe6-2
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
A good opportunity to get those expenses forms sorted out.

😂 😂

One Day Soon
04-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Treat yourself to a cup of cold seethe.

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
04-03-2017, 01:06 PM

I was just about to post the same. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Nip around to PC World and see Cathro doing his real Saturday job.

Sweet Left Peg
04-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Go on a date with your sister to McDonald's, secretly wishing she was your ma

killie-hibby
04-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Spend all afternoon practising scarf twirling and 5-1 signs.

VivaHiberña
04-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Make creepy gifs of average ex-players' faces with the word "pleasing" fishing over them.

Knit "1902" into your cardigan*, polish the Rover. The usual stuff.

*Oh. Wait.

04-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Rock back and forward staring into space like a psychiatric pateint, clinging onto the increasingly worn out 5-1 comfort blanket and saying "big team" over and over again. Thats certainly how I imagined them on 21.05.16.

Ozyhibby
04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Think of the poor buggers tomorrow all supporting Celtic while we all hope St. Mirren win. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
04-03-2017, 07:45 PM
I was just about to post the same. :greengrin

Best post ever

Famous Fiver
04-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Watch that Childs woman get pipped on the line for third place and a place in the final in her 400 metres hurdles semi final in Belgrade.

Didnae wave yer 5-1 after that, did ye, hen?

Topographic Hibby
04-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Watch that Childs woman get pipped on the line for third place and a place in the final in her 400 metres hurdles semi final in Belgrade.

I remember her TV spraffing on about winning her Commonealth Games medal (i.e. the diddy games) at Hampden and giving it 5-1 on the track etc. My darling blue-nose wife looked from her iPad, sneered at Childs hackett coupon, and said in her best West coast twang

"Boot....!!"

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 10:36 PM

She's got a puss only a Jambo could love tae...hit every branch oan the way doon she did 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TheMentalHibees
04-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Take a chance with that saucy looking cousin of yours.

Glory Lurker
05-03-2017, 05:06 PM
It's been a real rollercoaster weekend for the Gorgie bunch, culminating in them all barfing up their candy floss all over themselves at the semi draw. You'd have to have a heart (!) of stone not to laugh, sorry - I mean not to feel sorry for them.

Callyballybe
05-03-2017, 06:15 PM

Haha! Absolutely brilliant.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2017, 06:20 PM
I don't know why but for being 1 match away from yet another Hampton trip, thing seem a little muted.
It's time us hibees realised how lucky we've been in cup competitions of late.
Think of all those football fans out there who've got nothing to do today. Especially our neighbours.

So how about a list of things they could do today to keep them occupied as we march on to 2 in a row?

I'll start with;
Give the lawn it's first cut of the year (or its next layer of sand at Tynie)
Have a bath
Start a collection to repay the charities you've robbed in recent years.

We're not one game away and it's Hampden, but good thread otherwise :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
05-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Withdraw some cash from your Lady Haig account and treat your sistermom to a hot towel shave.

:faf:

Leith's finest
05-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Must have missed it, what number where homofc in the1730hrs draw tonight

worcesterhibby
05-03-2017, 06:38 PM

:aok: :agree::agree::aok:

JackLadd
05-03-2017, 06:41 PM
If they're feeling down, at least it's not Dens 86.
:agree:

http://i.imgur.com/NEyjlI9.gif

Pete
05-03-2017, 06:41 PM
I'd like to thank them for the wee part they've played in our defence.

We're going back to Hampden and wouldn't be there if they'd put us out. They had two chances as well against a piddly lower league outfit but somehow couldn't manage it.

Think of all that tasty revenue we'll be getting, not to mention the excitement of a trip to the national stadium.

Once again, thanks guys.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Am I right in thinking, we've knocked them out the Big Cup, 3 out of the last 5 years🤣

Albanian Hibs
05-03-2017, 07:06 PM

😂😂😂

1two
05-03-2017, 07:16 PM
We're not one game away and it's Hampden, but good thread otherwise :thumbsup:

Cheers! I think my phone autocorrected me (I was already at the pub which may explain it) and I posted it before the match yesterday!

1two
05-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Am I right in thinking, we've knocked them out the Big Cup, 3 out of the last 5 years🤣

Yes!

Did you know, the last team to knock out hearts in a Scottish cup replay went on to lift the cup! FACT

StevieT
05-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Must have missed it, what number where homofc in the1730hrs draw tonight

Number 3. Well that was our number so I assume that was the number they were waiting on too.

capitals_finest
05-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Dismantle and reassemble your Corby trouser press then continue to explore your sexuality with your mother's Dyson

Forza Fred
05-03-2017, 10:09 PM
They could go for a blood curdling trip on the Falkirk Wheel

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Buy a ticket for the Rudi Skacel appreciation dinner at Murrayfield :faf:

green day
06-03-2017, 05:21 AM

Totally cringeworthy, eh? £51 a ticket, organised by medals Mackay,and the purpose is to "celebrate the career of a Hearts legend".

It's sold out as well. They really are mugs.

--------
06-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Watch a video of Jason Cummings greatest goals for Hearts.

You have to admit, he HAS scored in lots and lots of Hearts games, now. :greengrin

Go on a date with your sister to McDonald's, secretly wishing she was your ma

If you're a Jambo, your sister IS your ma, surely?

It's been a real rollercoaster weekend for the Gorgie bunch, culminating in them all barfing up their candy floss all over themselves at the semi draw. You'd have to have a heart (!) of stone not to laugh, sorry - I mean not to feel sorry for them.

I sincerely hope that with Hearts experiencing the disappointments and defeats they've suffered over the past few weeks, and their supporters seething the way they are about Hibs being in the Cup semis, no Hibs supporter would be laughing at anything else ...

Bostonhibby
06-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Which charity is the money raised going to?

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Which charity is the money raised going to?

The Rudi isn't able to suck Hertz dry by playing for them at 10K a week any more, so he is leeching off the fans directly and cutting out the middle man charity :greengrin

06-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Totally cringeworthy, eh? £51 a ticket, organised by medals Mackay,and the purpose is to "celebrate the career of a Hearts legend".

It's sold out as well. They really are mugs.

No danger?!!! Is that really happening? HAHAHAHA I thought that was a joke :faf::faf::faf::faf:

£51 a ticket?! Plus something like £150 for a Q&A with him at Raith Rovers back in January. They really are milking those guilable suckers. Lets spend £51 and/or £150 drooling and ****ing over a man who milked them for every penny then when **** hit the fan buggered off because he didn't want to take a pay cut. Aye he really has such a dying love for yous right enough! What the tramps fail to comprehend is that Rudi is a hibs hater more than a Hearts lover. Then again I guess so are most of the hearts support . . .

"Rudi Appreciation Dinner" :faf::faf::faf::faf: BOKE!

CallumLaidlaw
06-03-2017, 02:54 PM
No danger?!!! Is that really happening? HAHAHAHA I thought that was a joke :faf::faf::faf::faf:

£51 a ticket?! Plus something like £150 for a Q&A with him at Raith Rovers back in January. They really are milking those guilable suckers. Lets spend £51 and/or £150 drooling and ****ing over a man who milked them for every penny then when **** hit the fan buggered off because he didn't want to take a pay cut. Aye he really has such a dying love for yous right enough! What the tramps fail to comprehend is that Rudi is a hibs hater more than a Hearts lover. Then again I guess so are most of the hearts support . . .

"Rudi Appreciation Dinner" :faf::faf::faf::faf: BOKE!

I spoke to a Jambo relative a few weeks ago about this dinner. He told me he was going and I said that I'm sure it would be a lovely evening of flashing 5-1's etc. He said it was a fundraiser for him, and I replied, oh he must be skint even after fleecing you for ridiculous wages for years yet jumping ship when the money wasn't around anymore. He replied, "did he? I haven't been to a Hearts game in years" :confused::bitchy:

Alex Trager
06-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Take a chance with that saucy looking cousin of yours.

[emoji1474]

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 06:31 PM
I spoke to a Jambo relative a few weeks ago about this dinner. He told me he was going and I said that I'm sure it would be a lovely evening of flashing 5-1's etc. He said it was a fundraiser for him, and I replied, oh he must be skint even after fleecing you for ridiculous wages for years yet jumping ship when the money wasn't around anymore. He replied, "did he? I haven't been to a Hearts game in years" :confused::bitchy:

Seriously? ....... I was just kidding when I said the cash was going to Skacel, I thought it was some sort of FOH fundraiser or something. Ye gods, you would have thought the Yams would have had enough of the piss taken out of them at ER the other week without bending over for another pumping from Rudi ..... he really is making mugs of them.
:lolyam:

Billy Whizz
06-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Seriously? ....... I was just kidding when I said the cash was going to Skacel, I thought it was some sort of FOH fundraiser or something. Ye gods, you would have thought the Yams would have had enough of the piss taken out of them at ER the other week without bending over for another pumping from Rudi ..... he really is making mugs of them.
:lolyam:
Nice wee earner for him, £51 x 300 places, less cost to Hire the room

Bostonhibby
06-03-2017, 06:44 PM

Jeez, got to wonder why he doesn't just turn up to talk to supporters at their events for nothing like many ex hibs players do. There's definitely a culture of bleeding them dry but I guess its expected from players of that shameful era in their history.

bigwheel
06-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Jeez, got to wonder why he doesn't just turn up to talk to supporters at their events for nothing like many ex hibs players do. There's definitely a culture of bleeding them dry but I guess its expected from players of that shameful era in their history.

fair point...i actually can't believe after taking over 1 million quid from them in wages...he is going back in to dip their pockets some more...

Compare that with Joe T joining the St Pats branch for a Q&A recently...

greenginger
06-03-2017, 06:51 PM
fair point...i actually can't believe after taking over 1 million quid from them in wages...he is going back in to dip their pockets some more...

Don't forget his " tax-free " special deal with Vlad paid direct from Lithuania .

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-03-2017, 06:58 PM

Its surely not a fundraiser for him? Must ne a charity dinner or something.

Anyway, leave them to it, they can call whoever they like legends, and obsequiously pay for the privilege.

They are really no happy unless they are doffing theor caps to someone eh?

bigwheel
06-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Its surely not a fundraiser for him? Must ne a charity dinner or something.

Anyway, leave them to it, they can call whoever they like legends, and obsequiously pay for the privilege.

They are really no happy unless they are doffing theor caps to someone eh?

reading through the thread...inexplicably , it seems to be just that!

Slavoj Zizek
06-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Or you could volunteer a couple of hours a week @ Edinburgh's Children's Panel

https://www.childrenspanelscotland.org/how-can-you-help/become-a-childrens-panel-member/

By christ we need more folk doing it....

Topographic Hibby
06-03-2017, 07:54 PM
...and a deduction for Income Tax etc. Of course it will be declared to HMRC, I'm sure.

Or does someone on here want to do it for him? Just to save him the hassle etc. That would be a kind gesture on our part.