PDA

View Full Version : Yams FoH

Ozyhibby
04-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Lots of tweeting like this from FoH last couple of days. Wonder if it's in response to direct debits being cancelled following recent result like getting pumped of Hibs?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/4ead9e3dc1009ce60dd36c55cb6b4702.jpg
Let's hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Obviously in reponse to the loads who have cancelled DD's.

Hell mend them, karma has caught up with the cheats.

Tick tock.

southsider
04-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Who cares ? Who are they playing today ? Oh right, its Scottish Cup weekend.:na na:

GreenLake
04-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Lots of tweeting like this from FoH last couple of days. Wonder if it's in response to direct debits being cancelled following recent result like getting pumped of Hibs?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/4ead9e3dc1009ce60dd36c55cb6b4702.jpg
Let's hope so.

They are going to be David Flint soon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2017, 12:14 PM
She is obviously spending the money at will, the new turf cost £250 grand? then how much to relay the real grass in the summer, she's no really got a clue has she?

"Queen Ann" :hilarious

greenginger
04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
I think they may be questioning a few of the actions the Club has taken and the lack of any explanation given to the Direct Debitors of FoH.

Why are nearly all new player acquisitions sourced from the same agent and does Potter have anything to gain with this arrangement ?

Why was Mrs Budges brother James Brydon given the contract for the Wheatfield undercroft work. Was it a competitive tender or just an costs plus arrangement ?

Why do FoH have to appoint a " Senior Tax Partner " as their chairman ?

And, of course , When the hell will Cathro show he really is a world class coach ? :greengrin

emerald green
04-03-2017, 12:49 PM
If Hearts continue to lose football matches, then more and more of their supporters will cancel their DDs. How many, I've no idea.

It's the same principle as having a winning team. The team wins - more fans turn up. The team loses - less fans turn up.

greenginger
04-03-2017, 12:51 PM
She is obviously spending the money at will, the new turf cost £250 grand? then how much to relay the real grass in the summer, she's no really got a clue has she?

"Queen Ann" :hilarious

One thing for sure, they are not spending any money on is the Council land for their new stand.

They have demolished Council owned buildings and are driving foundation piles into the ground ( without a building warrant and against the conditions made in their planning permission grant ) and have still not paid the Council for the land they are working on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2017, 01:07 PM
One thing for sure, they are not spending any money on is the Council land for their new stand.

They have demolished Council owned buildings and are driving foundation piles into the ground ( without a building warrant and against the conditions made in their planning permission grant ) and have still not paid the Council for the land they are working on.

I'm sure the yam loving EDC officials like Cardownie will be turning a blind eye to all this as usual.

Is It On....
04-03-2017, 01:36 PM
I'm sure the yam loving EDC officials like Cardownie will be turning a blind eye to all this as usual.

Met Mr Cardownie when he was married to his 1st wife in 1988. Just seen that as of 2004 he was on his FIFTH marriage. That's some going in the space of 16 years.

Joe6-2
04-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Met Mr Cardownie when he was married to his 1st wife in 1988. Just seen that as of 2004 he was on his FIFTH marriage. That's some going in the space of 16 years.

He's such a catch! 😫

Is It On....
04-03-2017, 01:53 PM
He's such a catch! 😫

Two Ukrainian brides apparently..after few "business" trips there...paid for (the "business trips") by the citizens of Edinburgh.

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Always said it was a deeply flawed model. It was boosted by the spike of the club coming out of admin and gaining promotion and vulnerable to both footballing and economic downturn. There are early signs of King Canute style panic going on.

In the Cathro era these tweets will only spread the desperation rather than stem it.

jacomo
04-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Typical behaviour tbh.

Perhaps Budge will give the Council what they are due, but not for several years and with certain deductions factored in (with potential for further delays).

Is It On....
04-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Surely that's illegal, not just immoral. How can EDC get away with that?

Ozyhibby
04-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Surely that's illegal, not just immoral. How can EDC get away with that?

There is no evidence that anything untoward has gone on. If there was we would have it. There are plenty Hibbys working in the council as well.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2017, 03:10 PM
There is no evidence that anything untoward has gone on. If there was we would have it. There are plenty Hibbys working in the council as well.

They'll be more careful this time that's for sure. The question for me is how have the council ensured best value for the citizens of Edinburgh here? It's their only priority.

You get what you vote for.

hibby_bry
04-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Two Ukrainian brides apparently..after few "business" trips there...paid for (the "business trips") by the citizens of Edinburgh.

Believe it or not he was in Dnipro for our match in 2005. Spoke to him in the main square without knowing who he was. Not a nice guy. It wasn't until his face made the front page of the evening news a few weeks or months later that I discovered who he was

Greencore
04-03-2017, 04:49 PM
They can f*** off if they think they can glory hunt to the Scottish cup champs.

IGRIGI
04-03-2017, 04:56 PM
For all their "we killed them as a club" guff it's rather ironic we may have ignited their death with a Scottish Cup humping.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-03-2017, 05:18 PM

He's a classic arrogant yam, from Leith no less :rolleyes:

PatHead
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
For all their "we killed them as a club" guff it's rather ironic we may have ignited their death with a Scottish Cup humping.

Which time ? :-)

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 05:28 PM
I think they may be questioning a few of the actions the Club has taken and the lack of any explanation given to the Direct Debitors of FoH.

Why are nearly all new player acquisitions sourced from the same agent and does Potter have anything to gain with this arrangement ?

Who is the agent you're referring to here?

bingo70
04-03-2017, 05:33 PM

John colquhoun.

Think it was around 8 of the new signings came from his agency.

Leith's finest
04-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Why was Mrs Budges brother James Brydon given the contract for the Wheatfield undercroft work. Was it a competitive tender or just an costs plus arrangement ?

Why do FoH have to appoint a " Senior Tax Partner " as their chairman ?

And, of course , When the hell will Cathro show he really is a world class coach ? :greengrin
Her brother is a good hibs fan and sponcers a few hibs players, well he did last year anyway

lapsedhibee
04-03-2017, 05:46 PM
John colquhoun.

Only natural that Colquhoun and Potter are close - they were part of the double-winning team in the 80s. Probably just coincidence, like Jumbo Jim being handy trying out some RR gear.

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 05:55 PM
John colquhoun.

Simply not true. Not one of the new signings even has the same agent as any of the others.

BullsCloseHibs
04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Direct debit is only as good as the muppets who choose to continue to fund. It's one hell of a way to sustain a modern football club.

Let's see what happens during the next UK recession...

BullsCloseHibs
04-03-2017, 06:11 PM

So frikkin pleasing 😊

greenginger
04-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Hi JT,

Just back in and see your query.

Not sure who the agent is, I was just relating the gripes I was hearing from the Jambos in my local.

greenginger
04-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Her brother is a good hibs fan and sponcers a few hibs players, well he did last year anyway

Again, I was only repeating the Jambo gripes. Maybe was the best deal on ffer.

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi JT,

Just back in and see your query.

Not sure who the agent is, I was just relating the gripes I was hearing from the Jambos in my local.

See above. All represented by different agents.

greenlex
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Simply not true. Not one of the new signings even has the same agent as any of the others.

You telling me there was 9 different agents able to con the new regime? I'm not buying that.! Surely no!!!😂😂😂😂😂

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM
You telling me there was 9 different agents able to con the new regime? I'm not buying that.! Surely no!!!😂😂😂😂😂

I didn't count Oshinawa or Sammon so probably more than 9....

04-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Saw one guy on twitter after the derby defeat saying he was cancelling his DD's in disgust. Doubt he would have though, probably just saying it in anger.

killie-hibby
04-03-2017, 06:36 PM

Jam Tart,would you be kind enough to list those agents.

Hibs07p
04-03-2017, 06:37 PM

They all must have the same guide dog for the blind then.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016
Hammer of the poppy thieves.

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Jam Tart,would you be kind enough to list those agents.

All available on Transfermarkt.co.uk

killie-hibby
04-03-2017, 06:47 PM
All available on Transfermarkt.co.uk

Will Google the website when I get home.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Which time ? :-)
Are you speaking of 2013, 2016 or 2017?? 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
04-03-2017, 06:56 PM

Are you saying KSM are not the intermediary agent on those deals or just that they are not the players personal agent/lawyer? [emoji6]

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Will Google the website when I get home.

Enter any team in the search function and the entire first team squad is listed. Click on the individual to find out who his representative is.

Pete
04-03-2017, 06:58 PM
One thing they all have in common is that they shat it from Hibs.

...and they're out the cup.

JT Fae The Toon
04-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Are you saying KSM are not the intermediary agent on those deals or just that they are not the players personal agent/lawyer? [emoji6]

Happy to be proved wrong.

Struna & Tziolis played against NI and Austin MacPhee rated them. Can't see why their agents would want to deal with a 3rd party and lose money on any deal, when they can deal directly with the club. Obviously Hughes was known to him too - again, why would a 2nd agent be required?

greenlex
04-03-2017, 07:06 PM
I didn't count Oshinawa or Sammon so probably more than 9....

😂😂😂

bingo70
04-03-2017, 07:41 PM

Is It possible hearts are using this agency to conduct their negotiations and that's why they're involved?

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 12:29 PM
They are now criticising Eddie Howe and Bournemouth for being "financed by a Russian billionaire". They obviously don't do irony..

Bostonhibby
05-03-2017, 12:34 PM
They are now criticising Eddie Howe and Bournemouth for being "financed by a Russian billionaire". They obviously don't do irony..
To be fair Romanov was only a Millionaire doing his best to become a billionaire at the yams expense.

They kept believing and giving but when the last suitcase full of "share issue" cash left the country it looks like they fell short again.

Col2
05-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Hi JT,

Karma's a bitch isn't it.

Any new songs yet?

Kind regards,

Scottish Cup Holders - going for 2 in a row

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Going to go slightly against the grain here and grudgingly admit that you have to at least give the Yams support a nod for the way they backed their club financially when the chips were down. Of course if they had listened to just about every club chairman and owner, not to mention us, during the previous 5 years it might have never got to that stage.

I'm not saying they could have stopped Romanov, but they let him steer the good ship Yam onto the rocks without even raising a peep of concern, even when the signs a lot was wrong became clear ... too busy going on about being a big club to care I suppose ... and that's why even though they might have the sympathy of the media that's not reflected by fans of the other Scottish clubs who were on the receiving end of their boasting.

The trouble is that they are now far more reliant on FOH contributions than is healthy if you ask me ..... Like anything fan related its dependant on goodwill and that goodwill is rapidly running out, there will always be folk who put in no matter what but there has to be a good proportion who will lose enthusiasm for it as results get poorer and they see Hibs make yet another trip to Hampden, especially when for 3 out of the last 6 seasons its been at their expense :greengrin

If I was a FOH contributor I would seriously be asking why the Budge is spending two hundred and fifty thousand quid relaying a pitch for a handful of pretty meaningless home games when its still going to be ripped up at the end of the season, that sounds like profligacy gone mad if you ask me .... If the justification is that finishing 4th will get them into Europe what's the odds that one or two European games will make them that money back?

On the subject of Budge ...... The time when she was untouchable seems to be drawing to a close, the mutterings are beginning and she is going to learn that no matter what you have done for the club there is no such thing as an owner who is immune from the backlash when the natives become restless, especially when those natives have such an overblown sense of entitlement based on the financially doped success of the recent past.

greenginger
05-03-2017, 03:06 PM
I found this article where Levein in the 4th paragraph describes the Hearts signing methods.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/craig-levein-hearts-signing-policy-risky-but-paying-off-1-4322507

He seems to say they don't scout targets themselves ( too expensive ) , so its either get recommendations from 3rd parties or Cathy checks them out on football manager with his laptop. :greengrin

green day
05-03-2017, 03:19 PM
why would a 2nd agent be required?

Colhouns agency is the intermediary, I.e.they went out and sourced the players.

That each player has their own representative is neither here nor there, Hearts use colhoun to get players, reason is clearly him and Levein relationship.

Don't believe us here? Fine, the same story is all over Kickback.

Arch Stanton
05-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Happy to be proved wrong.

Struna & Tziolis played against NI and Austin MacPhee rated them. Can't see why their agents would want to deal with a 3rd party and lose money on any deal, when they can deal directly with the club. Obviously Hughes was known to him too - again, why would a 2nd agent be required?

With Hearts getting in players by the bucketload then it does make a great deal of logistical sense for them to do it like that.

You really think agents would ignore any approach that could earn themselves and their clients a wad of cash? Hardly!

Springbank
05-03-2017, 04:04 PM
With Hearts getting in players by the bucketload then it does make a great deal of logistical sense for them to do it like that.

You really think agents would ignore any approach that could earn themselves and their clients a wad of cash? Hardly!

Especially when their client is damaged goods, has an attitude problem, 8 clubs in 9 years, and / or hasn't kicked a ball at his previous club for 6 months (which describes all hearts january signings in whole or in part)

When John colquhoun then offers you a short term fix, a signing fee in jan, albeit a shared one, backed by a six month contract (thereby guaranteeing another contract and signing on fee come the summer, either in Edinburgh or elsewhere) then it's a no brainer

Just don't expect commitment or quality or wins....

Ozyhibby
05-03-2017, 04:23 PM
What really makes the money for Colquhoun is a high turnover of players. With Levein as director of football it's been massive.
This was posted on kickback the night we pumped them and highlights the shambolic nature of their recruitment policy.
-----------------
-Not one player recruited in summer 2015 made the squad tonight.

-Not one player recruited in the summer of 2016 made it on to the pitch tonight.

-Only two players in our starting XI tonight played any part in our record breaking Championship season 2014/15, and Jack Hamilton only appeared twice.

-Our entire back 4 were signed in January and none of them have a deal beyond the end of the season.

-Of our player's recruited in summer transfer window 2015, only Oshinawa remains at the club

-Of the players recruited in Summer 2016, Muirhead, Watt and Sammon have already left the club be it permanently or temporarily. Noring is yet to make his competitive debut

-Despite the we'll get you a move to England mantra, only Jordan McGhee has moved on loan to Middlesbrough reserves in that time, and Robbie Muirhead went to League one with Neilson

Our recruitment is shambolic, transient and increasingly harmful to the club. I've been a big fan of Levein through the years but as director of football he's ultimately culpable.

End the we'll get you a move to England nonsense now, if a player is good enough they will earn a move. Start actually trying to actually build a squad as opposed to six monthly reboots.

-------------------

A recruitment policy like that reminds me of Hibs before Leeann arrived. I think we are better properly scouting player closer to home and having more stability. That might mean paying a fee like with McGinn but worth it in the long run.

calumhibee1
05-03-2017, 04:28 PM
What really makes the money for Colquhoun is a high turnover of players. With Levein as director of football it's been massive.
This was posted on kickback the night we pumped them and highlights the shambolic nature of their recruitment policy.
-----------------
-Not one player recruited in summer 2015 made the squad tonight.

-Not one player recruited in the summer of 2016 made it on to the pitch tonight.

-Only two players in our starting XI tonight played any part in our record breaking Championship season 2014/15, and Jack Hamilton only appeared twice.

-Our entire back 4 were signed in January and none of them have a deal beyond the end of the season.

-Of our player's recruited in summer transfer window 2015, only Oshinawa remains at the club

-Of the players recruited in Summer 2016, Muirhead, Watt and Sammon have already left the club be it permanently or temporarily. Noring is yet to make his competitive debut

-Despite the we'll get you a move to England mantra, only Jordan McGhee has moved on loan to Middlesbrough reserves in that time, and Robbie Muirhead went to League one with Neilson

Our recruitment is shambolic, transient and increasingly harmful to the club. I've been a big fan of Levein through the years but as director of football he's ultimately culpable.

End the we'll get you a move to England nonsense now, if a player is good enough they will earn a move. Start actually trying to actually build a squad as opposed to six monthly reboots.

-------------------

A recruitment policy like that reminds me of Hibs before Leeann arrived. I think we are better properly scouting player closer to home and having more stability. That might mean paying a fee like with McGinn but worth it in the long run.

I presume you mean since Stubbs/Dempster/George Craig arrived, but I'd agree with that. Their signings are a shambles.

SuperAllyMcleod
05-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Going to go slightly against the grain here and grudgingly admit that you have to at least give the Yams support a nod for the way they backed their club financially when the chips were down. Of course if they had listened to just about every club chairman and owner, not to mention us, during the previous 5 years it might have never got to that stage.

I'm not saying they could have stopped Romanov, but they let him steer the good ship Yam onto the rocks without even raising a peep of concern, even when the signs a lot was wrong became clear ... too busy going on about being a big club to care I suppose ... and that's why even though they might have the sympathy of the media that's not reflected by fans of the other Scottish clubs who were on the receiving end of their boasting.

The trouble is that they are now far more reliant on FOH contributions than is healthy if you ask me ..... Like anything fan related its dependant on goodwill and that goodwill is rapidly running out, there will always be folk who put in no matter what but there has to be a good proportion who will lose enthusiasm for it as results get poorer and they see Hibs make yet another trip to Hampden, especially when for 3 out of the last 6 seasons its been at their expense :greengrin

If I was a FOH contributor I would seriously be asking why the Budge is spending two hundred and fifty thousand quid relaying a pitch for a handful of pretty meaningless home games when its still going to be ripped up at the end of the season, that sounds like profligacy gone mad if you ask me .... If the justification is that finishing 4th will get them into Europe what's the odds that one or two European games will make them that money back?

On the subject of Budge ...... The time when she was untouchable seems to be drawing to a close, the mutterings are beginning and she is going to learn that no matter what you have done for the club there is no such thing as an owner who is immune from the backlash when the natives become restless, especially when those natives have such an overblown sense of entitlement based on the financially doped success of the recent past.

I don't disagree with what you have said but the pitch situation changed. They were going to replace it this summer but decided to replace it now and then put down their hybrid pitch in the summer of 2018 - so it will be down for a season and a bit.

Mikey09
05-03-2017, 06:06 PM
He's such a catch! 😫

He's a tosser. Man loves himself. Complete bellend.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Believe it or not he was in Dnipro for our match in 2005. Spoke to him in the main square without knowing who he was. Not a nice guy. It wasn't until his face made the front page of the evening news a few weeks or months later that I discovered who he was

I'm sure his wife was Hibs interpreter for that trip. I couldnae care about his politics but, have always found him to be not a bad lad for a Jambo! Can vaguely recall having some great nights in Da Da Da when he was involved in that boozer at the West End.

Craig_in_Prague
06-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Don't want to create a new Yam thread, but this post on Eve news confirms why I rarely can bring myself to reading stories and comments anymore from there (regarding their 4-3-3 formation article - which is weird itself)

From brain dead barry:

keep changing my mind on him got to give him until the end of the season minimum and summer maybe to see if he can get some quality in. Don't think the 433 will work for us I suspect it's a 451 in disguise we did play better against county but shouldn't be getting beaten at home by them. We're possibly as bad right now as our relegation season but at least most of the team was youngsters and scots!! Injuries I suppose we've had no luck on and unlike our Lochend neighbours we haven't any kissing cousins we can tap players of every time someone gets injured!! I do worry that celtic are unbeatable right now and will let some players go to hibs at the end of the season who won't be getting games and they'll be up there next season as much as it pains me lennon will do alright with them. Hopefully I'm wrong in a way hearts and hibs should both be up there fighting for Europe but we're the bigger club fact and bigger budget we should be ahead of them. I hate being negative but not too much positives for us the last few games it would probably be different given our injuries so we'll see what happens. I would urge whatever people's opinions are we keep behind the players 100% especially at tynecastle I know it's frustrating but they need our support to get out of this rut

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-cathro-encouraged-by-4-3-3-formation-1-4383599

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Don't want to create a new Yam thread, but this post on Eve news confirms why I rarely can bring myself to reading stories and comments anymore from there (regarding their 4-3-3 formation article - which is weird itself)

From brain dead barry:

keep changing my mind on him got to give him until the end of the season minimum and summer maybe to see if he can get some quality in. Don't think the 433 will work for us I suspect it's a 451 in disguise we did play better against county but shouldn't be getting beaten at home by them. We're possibly as bad right now as our relegation season but at least most of the team was youngsters and scots!! Injuries I suppose we've had no luck on and unlike our Lochend neighbours we haven't any kissing cousins we can tap players of every time someone gets injured!! I do worry that celtic are unbeatable right now and will let some players go to hibs at the end of the season who won't be getting games and they'll be up there next season as much as it pains me lennon will do alright with them. Hopefully I'm wrong in a way hearts and hibs should both be up there fighting for Europe but we're the bigger club fact and bigger budget we should be ahead of them. I hate being negative but not too much positives for us the last few games it would probably be different given our injuries so we'll see what happens. I would urge whatever people's opinions are we keep behind the players 100% especially at tynecastle I know it's frustrating but they need our support to get out of this rut

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-cathro-encouraged-by-4-3-3-formation-1-4383599

Ha ha ............. this loan players from Celtic bitching is getting older than their 5 - 1 comfort blanket and just as tiresome. If you are going to get players on loan and you want decent ones your best prospect is .... A) .... from a club you have played for or managed, both Stubbs and Lennon are in that category vis a vis Celtic. .... B) to try and get players who even though they might not be getting a game have proven quality, in Scotland that's clearly going to be from Celtic.

That's why Hibs very sensibly phone Celtic park when we need to keep things on an even keel ..... instead of bitching about it and signing 9 numpties perhaps the Yams would be better getting on the phone to Parkhead themselves. Just another reason why even from a league below we are blowing them out of the water on and off the pitch :aok:

Ozyhibby
06-03-2017, 01:44 PM

From brain dead barry:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
It wasn't us that was cheering on Celtic against St. Mirren yesterday.

greenginger
06-03-2017, 04:49 PM
From the same Evening News edition,

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/education/heriot-watt-staff-shocked-by-job-cuts-1-4384002

Now if an Edinburgh football club from Gorgie had not screwed them £ 5,125,528.00 a couple of years back maybe these people would still have jobs.

Any comments Barry ?