PDA

View Full Version : Are you still in two minds about going tomorrow?

Mikers110
03-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Anybody still dithering about going to the game tomorrow, then I suggest you go to the vault and spend a couple of mins on this.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?311778-Cup-Final-Images-and-Videos

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2017, 12:54 AM
I can't understand anyone who goes week in week out, commits hundreds to STs every season but doesn't bother going to see the cup holders in 1/4 of the cup, it's up to the individual of course but I don't get it.

Babyshamble
04-03-2017, 01:36 AM
I'm an ST holder fae Fife.Cannae go cos I'm skint.sometimes food,gas & leccy are more Important than football when your down to your last few quid.

Diclonius
04-03-2017, 02:25 AM
After the 2007 SC game v Dunfermline we didn't return to Hampden in a semi final for five years.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to make our sixth semi final in five years. It's not going to last forever.

houstonhibbee
04-03-2017, 02:41 AM
I can't understand anyone who goes week in week out, commits hundreds to STs every season but doesn't bother going to see the cup holders in 1/4 of the cup, it's up to the individual of course but I don't get it.
the pathetic display against St Mirren probably made 3,000 folk decide they had alternative things they'd rather do.

Steve20
04-03-2017, 03:01 AM
I'll be going because I go to all the games.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already thinking about the game at Tannadice.

houstonhibbee
04-03-2017, 03:06 AM
I'll be going because I go to all the games.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already thinking about the game at Tannadice.
you need to take going one game at a time......

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 06:35 AM
Weather looks dreadful, Ayr isn't a game to get the heart racing, and we've been poor in our last two games.....
But it's the Hibees, it's the Scottish cup quarter final, and a win gives us another Hampden day out!
HERE WE GO, TWO IN A ROW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-03-2017, 06:43 AM
We're the holders of the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years and we're at home against a team we SHOULD beat (I'm aware of our recent record against them) and get back to Hampden.

If you're in a position to go, get yourself down to Easter Road this afternoon.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-03-2017, 06:52 AM
Added today's game to my season ticket before the midweek debacle. I'll be there.

green day
04-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Added today's game to my season ticket before the midweek debacle. I'll be there.

Ditto - and a couple of post match beers with mates who are also at the game, where can it possibly go wrong?

Johnny Clash
04-03-2017, 07:09 AM
On way up fi sunny London - will be gutted if we play like we did against St. Mirren but always the optimist!

I'm totally convinced our last game in this Cup run will be at Hampden - hopefully in May!!

GGTTH

ArmadaleHibs
04-03-2017, 07:12 AM
It seems a lot of fans are doing to the team what some of the players are doing. Not giving 100%. Were all in it together. I was at paisley on Wednesday and it was utter garbage. I'll still be there today.

Ggtth

Onion
04-03-2017, 07:16 AM

Last 2 results and poor performances have dented folk's mood and attitude to today's game, and has probably knocked thousands off todays' crowd. Despite being holders, the Scottish Cup for the first time in decades means little compared to the league where we are faulting. Who would have thought ?

danhibees1875
04-03-2017, 07:44 AM
If ever there was a remedy for the disappointment of waking up early on a weekend it's spending the extra time going through 14 pages of this amazing weekend.

A few links no longer work, but some sensational footage.

This even had me a little concerned when going through the tweets:

"82' Gray is in discomfort after a superb challenge on Sheils to halt a Rangers attack. Gunnarsson prepares to come on..."

Thankfully...

"83' Gray is okay to continue and Hanlon is subbed off, and on comes Gunnarsson 2-2"

Come on Hibs! Let's get ourselves back to Hampden.

lucky
04-03-2017, 07:55 AM
After the 2007 SC game v Dunfermline we didn't return to Hampden in a semi final for five years.

Tomorrow gives us a chance to make our sixth semi final in five years. It's not going to last forever.

Why can't it? We are currently the fourth biggest team based on attendances, when we get promotion our club will grow stronger and we will cement our place in the top echelons of Scottish football.

Moody Blues
04-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Last 2 results and poor performances have dented folk's mood and attitude to today's game, and has probably knocked thousands off todays' crowd. Despite being holders, the Scottish Cup for the first time in decades means little compared to the league where we are faulting. Who would have thought ?

You are spot on with your post Onion, that is how I feel and have decided to give it a miss today as I feel let down with the players performances over the last few league games.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 07:58 AM
the pathetic display against St Mirren probably made 3,000 folk decide they had alternative things they'd rather do.

Nonsense.

04-03-2017, 08:03 AM
I think Ayr's injury problems will mean we will be too good for them today.

murray26
04-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Weather isn't looking to bad now.. get yourself along..💚💚👍

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Weather looks dreadful, Ayr isn't a game to get the heart racing, and we've been poor in our last two games.....
But it's the Hibees, it's the Scottish cup quarter final, and a win gives us another Hampden day out!
HERE WE GO, TWO IN A ROW!!!!

not so seems to be dry all afternoon.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2017, 08:13 AM
I'm an ST holder fae Fife.Cannae go cos I'm skint.sometimes food,gas & leccy are more Important than football when your down to your last few quid.

Tap your old man Thats what he is there for 🏆

killie-hibby
04-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Looks like many of our fairweather fans/supporters are downing tools today. This will lead to a smaller crowd,but much better atmosphere provided by those with Hibs in their blood .
I dont think I have many years left, but will still sacrifice more than eight hours of my life to see my beloved Hibernian attempting to retain a cup which took the club 114 years to win.

GGTTH
:flag:

sbell1875
04-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Will the ticket pods be selling tickets?

Johnny Clash
04-03-2017, 08:38 AM
21st May 2016 was probably the best day of my life.

The next day in Leith brought home the reality of what our team had achieved. Hibs supporters turned out in their tens of thousands to back the team. The scenes of unbridled celebration down The Walk, in Leith Links and inside countless pubs will live in our memories forever.

We follow on this year by pumping the jumbos to reach the quarter finals as we sit 7 points clear on top of the league. Neil Lennon and our team were once again proclaimed heroes and seranaded off the pitch to another full blooded rendition of Sunshine on Leith. I get back to London and a random tube driver tells me he saw SoL on the internet and couldn't believe how passionate the Hibs support was - it made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck .

So.... Yes... just like the run up to the 21st May ... we've seen a couple of poor results come our way but FFS!!

Mainstandman
04-03-2017, 08:44 AM

You've brought back all sorts of horrible memories of that game

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Will the ticket pods be selling tickets?

Yes they are. Details here

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7343

sbell1875
04-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Yes they are. Details here

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7343

Thank you. In 2 minds to go purely down to my current condition. I fear 2 hours+ out in that weather will make this man flu far worse than it currently is!

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Thank you. In 2 minds to go purely down to my current condition. I fear 2 hours+ out in that weather will make this man flu far worse than it currently is!

Man up. I was under the weather on wed night and went and still not great today but nothing is going to stop me going.

1van Sprou7e
04-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Forecast was bad but the weather seems to be a lot more mild than expected

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcvwrgyv3

Think the rains already stopped for the day as well

flash
04-03-2017, 09:53 AM
You are spot on with your post Onion, that is how I feel and have decided to give it a miss today as I feel let down with the players performances over the last few league games.

Seriously? The team that are the current cup holders? That's the spirit.

pedroorange1875
04-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Ayr UTD are not a big team and this is in no way a "glamour" tie so i have the same mentality as our team....im not going to bother turning up

green with envy
04-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Like most i was pretty pissed of when i exited the game on Wednesday, but i've since dusted myself down and now looking forward to it.

mutley
04-03-2017, 10:17 AM
It has been p155ing down all morning, wasn't looking forward to going out in that, but seems to be clearing up, so time for a spot of breakie, few wee diy jobs, then off to ER for me

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:17 AM
In two minds about watching Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday? Never in a million years.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd actually been swithering all week. Moving house shortly and got stuff needing done, weather forecast is crap, belts being tightened for a couple of reasons and so on.

Decided yesterday it was a bit of a daft game to miss so added a ticket to my ST card. Looking forward to it now.

Docc109
04-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Not a ST holder. Get along to as many games as work and other activities allow. Got my ticket for today and hoping for a good win.

H18 SFR
04-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Really hope the ST holders who haven't committed to attend come.

murray26
04-03-2017, 11:17 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I want to be at Hamden park in April.. preferably against the newco Huns.. how good would giving them it again be.. get yourself along today and cheer us on to Hamden..

O'Rourke3
04-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Ticket bought and family issue now cropped up meaning I'm missing this afternoon. Need to sort stuff out here but gutted at missing this cup tie.

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Wait a min, so because of two bad performances you will miss today's game? That's the spirit, chuck a tantrum and pie the current cup holders. I've read some brutal posts on here lately but this is up there.

Can understand folk who maybe have other commitments like work etc or can't afford it. But seriously give yourself a shake and back the team. If we reached the final would you pie that as well if we weren't playing well leading up to it...... Didn't think so!

wookie70
04-03-2017, 11:33 AM
I was as p**sed of as I can remember with Hibs when I walked out of Paisley. Unfortunately, it was very predictable given the league form of the team and the formation chosen by Lennon. I'll still be giving it my best today going to ER and paying the admission whilst shouting on my heroes. Let's hope the team and manager give us something to shout about.

pedroorange1875
04-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Wait a min, so because of two bad performances you will miss today's game? That's the spirit, chuck a tantrum and pie the current cup holders. I've read some brutal posts on here lately but this is up there.

Can understand folk who maybe have other commitments like work etc or can't afford it. But seriously give yourself a shake and back the team. If we reached the final would you pie that as well if we weren't playing well leading up to it...... Didn't think so!

Lets be honest though, its not really 2 bad performances is it

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 11:35 AM
How anyone can be in two minds about going today is beyond me. If you can go and don't have anything else to do and can afford it why would you not be there to back the boys?

Prob same folk who'd be squealing like little kids about tickets if we reached another final!!

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Lets be honest though, its not really 2 bad performances is it

So that justifies it? You don't chuck your team because of it, we are holders and correct me if I'm wrong 7 clear at the top?

pedroorange1875
04-03-2017, 11:42 AM
So that justifies it? You don't chuck your team because of it, we are holders and correct me if I'm wrong 7 clear at the top?

Yes it does justify it. I cant sit and watch slow boring pedestrian football anymore, with no plan other than to play along the back at snails pace for the majority of the games, we should be 27 points ahead never mind 7...and lets not kid ourselves this has been the fare for 1 season only....its not against an A grade team today we will win this easy so ill not need to bother turning up...thats the teams mentality so it will do for me

emerald green
04-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Why does anyone have to justify to anyone else why they choose to attend, or not attend, a football match?

Malthibby
04-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Meybes shows we are getting spoiled with our cup runs; 1/4 final at home?
Don't know if I have ever missed one out of choice & I'm certainly not today, myself
and the wee man, his mum & her mum & even looking forward to it.

If we supported based on results ER would have been flats a long time ago.
For better or worse. Divorce not an option, although heavy drinking often essential.
GG

hibee_nation
04-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Why does anyone have to justify to anyone else why they choose to attend, or not attend, a football match?

They don't but this is how we are ateam of fair weather fans. Fervent not are we as yoda would say.

emerald green
04-03-2017, 11:55 AM
They don't but this is how we are ateam of fair weather fans. Fervent not are we as yoda would say.

I would never accuse the huge majority of Hibs fans of being "fair weather fans". 11,300+ season tickets sold in our third year in this s*** league.

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Yes it does justify it. I cant sit and watch slow boring pedestrian football anymore, with no plan other than to play along the back at snails pace for the majority of the games, we should be 27 points ahead never mind 7...and lets not kid ourselves this has been the fare for 1 season only....its not against an A grade team today we will win this easy so ill not need to bother turning up...thats the teams mentality so it will do for me

I can't believe this!!

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2017, 11:57 AM
I would never accuse the huge majority of Hibs fans of being "fair weather fans". 11,300+ season tickets sold in our third year in this s*** league.

Off the back of a cup win...and more than a few will have been for a final ticket. We have an element of fair weather fans like everyone else.

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 11:57 AM

People not going simply because we aren't playing well is a joke.

Others who work or can't make it for others genuine reasons would love to get along today. My mate being one!

yonder1875
04-03-2017, 11:58 AM
In two minds about watching Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday? Never in a million years.

Nailed it.

pedroorange1875
04-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I can't believe this!!

whats not true about it?

Hibdan12
04-03-2017, 11:59 AM
So we have had a few bad performances so what! Last time I checked it's called being a supporter. Give yourselfs a shake and get behind the team!

hibee_nation
04-03-2017, 12:00 PM

If you asked before last years final if we win will you fill ER next season at home to Ayr to get back to Hampden the resounding answer would be hell yes. Fair weather fans we are.

emerald green
04-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Off the back of a cup win...and more than a few will have been for a final ticket. We have an element of fair weather fans like everyone else.

The bit in bold - I agree.

If you asked before last years final if we win will you fill ER next season at home to Ayr to get back to Hampden the resounding answer would be hell yes. Fair weather fans we are.

The bit in bold - that's an over generalisation.

Speaking personally, I've turned up at ER some days where less than 5,000 hardy souls were scattered over a huge stadium. I'm not looking for a medal though.

hibee_nation
04-03-2017, 12:11 PM
If this was a league game i would not care what the crowd was 10,000 big deal.But the defence of the cup i was hoping it meant alot to us obviously not.I am disappointed but not surprised.

killie-hibby
04-03-2017, 12:13 PM

The standard of football in this s..T league
Is much the same as the league above us with the exception of Celtic

emerald green
04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
The standard of football in this s..T league
Is much the same as the league above us with the exception of Celtic

Fair comment. I'll concede that. However, I still desperately want to see Hibs back in the top flight of Scottish football.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Scott Allan Key
04-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Got a ticket. A wee bit of magic please Hibs.

FitbaFolkKen
04-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Thus Uberfan stuff is nonsense. I've a season ticket, sponsor one of our players and I'm not going because it has been pretty garbage to watch recently, apart from the notable exception.

The two previous games against Ayr hardly whet the appetite to add to the previous XXXX amount spent on following my team.

I'll still be checking the score all afternoon.

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 12:54 PM
whats not true about it?

So your taking the hump even though we are top by 7 points and STILL in the cup. Great attitude to have!

erin go bragh
04-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Three ticket's bought for the comfy seats in the FF upper .
" Here we go , 2 in a row "

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Thus Uberfan stuff is nonsense. I've a season ticket, sponsor one of our players and I'm not going because it has been pretty garbage to watch recently, apart from the notable exception.

The two previous games against Ayr hardly whet the appetite to add to the previous XXXX amount spent on following my team.

Missing the point completely, it's not about uberfans at all. Folk taking the huff because it's not silky football. To many watching Sky games for me. Yes the football can be **** but it's Hibs, do we only watch Hibs when it's good?

Folk choosing to pie the game because "we're *****" is poor. Would you not go if we reached the final and had been playing pish?

pedroorange1875
04-03-2017, 01:04 PM
So your taking the hump even though we are top by 7 points and STILL in the cup. Great attitude to have!

We have been mainly terrible for 6/7 seasons now, i simply have now had enough, my great attitude kept me buying season tickets, away game tickets, cup tickets, loads of merchandise, all for me and the wee man. I simply have now completely had enough. I cant watch the same utter boring, pedestrian, turn up when we want nonsense...as i asked you before, what was not true?

Seekyit
04-03-2017, 01:06 PM
Ticket sorted. Leavin shortly

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 01:08 PM
We have been mainly terrible for 6/7 seasons now, i simply have now had enough, my great attitude kept me buying season tickets, away game tickets, cup tickets, loads of merchandise, all for me and the wee man. I simply have now completely had enough. I cant watch the same utter boring, pedestrian, turn up when we want nonsense...as i asked you before, what was not true?

That's football though. Look at the highs of last year how can you have had enough? It makes these days all the better surely? Anyway enjoy your sat win, lose or draw I'll enjoy the game with my son as I'd rather be here than anywhere else on a sat!

hibee_nation
04-03-2017, 01:15 PM

The absolute definition of a fair weather fan. Have a nice day.

FitbaFolkKen
04-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Missing the point completely, it's not about uberfans at all. Folk taking the huff because it's not silky football. To many watching Sky games for me. Yes the football can be **** but it's Hibs, do we only watch Hibs when it's good?

Folk choosing to pie the game because "we're *****" is poor. Would you not go if we reached the final and had been playing pish?

It's not missing the point it is people deciding to spend money elsewhere, or not at all, because the product has been poor.

I love my wife but sometimes I need a break from her if she is getting on my tits, same applies here for me. Been to loads of games this season but I just couldn't get excited for this one, regardless of the cup etc... If it had been a league game on my season ticket I would have been there.

FitbaFolkKen
04-03-2017, 01:34 PM
The absolute definition of a fair weather fan. Have a nice day.

The absolute definition of an Uberfan.

Away and judge someone else

CMurdoch
04-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Listening on the radio.
Afraid playing Ayr again didn't get me excited enough to buy tickets for my son and I.
I expect them to win and don't want to be there if they lose.

Thecat23
04-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Back to Hampden and well done to all the Hibees who went and backed the boys today. 👏🏼

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Good game today.

Entertaining...4 goals..fun half time entertainment and a marriage proposal!!

staunchhibby
04-03-2017, 05:14 PM
No doubt the stay at home fans will probably be clamouring for semi tickets

Onion
04-03-2017, 05:25 PM
No doubt the stay at home fans will probably be clamouring for semi tickets

Not of we get Celtic :greengrin

Today was an obvious banana skin which many Hibs teams past would have slipped up on. Full credit to the lads for yet another good Cup win.

The way Hibs have gone about trying to defend the cup should be applauded by all, including the media. Don't think we get nearly enough credit for our Cup win last May or our continued run.