PDA

View Full Version : Fontaine out for two months

Diclonius
03-03-2017, 02:06 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-liam-fontaine-facing-two-months-on-sidelines-1-4382418

Big_Franck
03-03-2017, 02:08 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-liam-fontaine-facing-two-months-on-sidelines-1-4382418

Not what we needed. He'll be back for the Scottish Cup final though :greengrin

brog
03-03-2017, 02:09 PM

And we didnt even get a free kick!

Hermit Crab
03-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Horrendous luck with injuries at the moment.

IWasThere2016
03-03-2017, 02:22 PM

SAKE!! Looked like it was gonna be a spell however - given we signed two CHs on the same day

eastcoasthibby
03-03-2017, 02:26 PM
caused by a late challenge that that ar&e Beaton didn't think was even worthy of speaking to the player that did it ....

Onceinawhile
03-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Angle surgery?

Top proof reading.

Mikey09
03-03-2017, 02:41 PM
caused by a late challenge that that ar&e Beaton didn't think was even worthy of speaking to the player that did it ....

Said it at the time it was a bad tackle and the wee prick knew exactly what he was doing. 5 mins later McGinn was booked for a nothing challenge on the halfway line. Beaton is brutal.

RoYO!
03-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Angle surgery?

Top proof reading.

Sounds like he could be feeling some acute pain.

Like you say, obtuse from the proof reader...

SRHibs
03-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we never saw him in a Hibs shirt again to be honest.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Not great at all especially if Hanlon is likely to be out longer term as well.

Nameless
03-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Not great at all especially if Hanlon is likely to be out longer term as well.
Is he?? I thought the op was a success and he was back running!

SaulGoodman
03-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Angle surgery?

Top proof reading.

Mornin' Angle.

scoopyboy
03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Is he?? I thought the op was a success and he was back running!

He certainly isn't running.

Doing gym work.

Not 100% if it is the operation that is keeping him out.

HoboHarry
03-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Mornin' Angle.
Everyone is being obtuse - and to greater and lesser degrees.......

Ronniekirk
03-03-2017, 03:21 PM
He certainly isn't running.

Doing gym work.

Not 100% if it is the operation that is keeping him out.

Hanlon and Foster i expected to see back in first team arond now So its a concern there is no mention of iether being near ready for a possible return
With Fontaine out for two months if niether are going to be fit in next few weeks its McGregor Ambrose partership for the next few games at least with Mclean and youngsters as cover
It would help if we could score a few tomorrow v Ayr as dont think we can bank on clean sheets until new defence get a few games together

Johnny_Leith
03-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Might be his last game for us, out of contract end of the season, more defensive competition when fit...
For what it's worth I'd keep fonts, love his attitude

jacomo
03-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Might be his last game for us, out of contract end of the season, more defensive competition when fit...
For what it's worth I'd keep fonts, love his attitude

In terms of the overall group, this is my favourite squad of players for a decade. And I think they'd be comfortable in the top flight, I really do.

I'd be very cautious about assuming that 'we can do better'. Fonts is a good squad player IMO.

erin go bragh
03-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Hanlon and Foster i expected to see back in first team arond now So its a concern there is no mention of iether being near ready for a possible return
With Fontaine out for two months if niether are going to be fit in next few weeks its McGregor Ambrose partership for the next few games at least with Mclean and youngsters as cover
It would help if we could score a few tomorrow v Ayr as dont think we can bank on clean sheets until new defence get a few games together

With MCGregor suspended tomorrow, it will be Ambrose and McLean I'd imagine.

GreenLake
03-03-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm not going to say anything about Beaton in case Lennon gets sent up into the stand.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Everyone is being obtuse - and to greater and lesser degrees.......

Was it his left or right angle that took the blow? :wink:

Hi Heid Yin
03-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Damn, that's bad news to add to our defensive woes.
I really do feel we are not far short of a crisis if our defence goes to pieces and leaks goals more regularly.

Without question our defence (which was the meanest in Europe) is/was the main strength in our team - conceding few goals.

We simply can't rely on our forwards and midfielders helping JC out up front. Our goals return has (again) been pitiful this season - too many single goal victories and by the skin of our teeth. These victories were achieved mainly due to our mean back line keeping a clean sheet or restricting the opposition to 1 solitary goal.

Fingers crossed that our new guys do the business and hit the ground running.
Efe was MOM according to Lennon, so a good start for him but ultimately wasted when those around him were sloppy and switched-off.

scoopyboy
03-03-2017, 05:48 PM

Don't think Jordon is too far away.

cleanyman
03-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Shame. Probably won't see him again.

Thanks Liam, you were a good servant.

Scott Allan Key
03-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Shame. Probably won't see him again.

Thanks Liam, you were a good servant.

Sad, if so as he has been a standout defender in recent years despite often being a squad player. Wouldn't mind him being the third option if and when we are promoted this year.

Joe6-2
03-03-2017, 08:34 PM
And we didnt even get a free kick!

That was an absolute scandal

Jumbo
03-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Said it at the time it was a bad tackle and the wee prick knew exactly what he was doing. 5 mins later McGinn was booked for a nothing challenge on the halfway line. Beaton is brutal.

A couple of Dunfermline players were congratulating him when Fontaine went off

GreenCastle
03-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Gutted for him and the team.

He was one of our best against Hearts in the cup.

I actually can't actually ever remember him having a bad game - pretty consistent and a winner / leader.

Hopefully he gets back before end of the season.

Was it Hanlon who got injured around now when we got relegated ?