PDA

View Full Version : NHC Cathro out?

G B Young
03-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Nothing concrete, just the talk from someone I know who's involved with Tynecastle Boys. Claims that with 10 days until their next game there's an overhaul under way of the coaching system with Cathro stepping down as boss and Levein taking interim charge while they find a more experienced boss.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's something to this as Cathro really does seem hopelessly out of his depth.

JDHibs
03-03-2017, 10:06 AM
No chance.

They just gave him a 3 and half year deal. They even said it was a long term project when they took him on. They just backed him in the transfer market and signed 9 new players. NO chance will they bin him after 15 or so games with even less chance of Levein taking over in the interim.

They will give him until this time next season so he can put his foot down and sort his squad out.

emerald green
No. Please, Cathro MUST STAY.

Brightside
Tyncastle Boys isn't actually anything to do with Hearts you know.

G B Young
03-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Yes, I'm aware of that although while they're not directly affiliated they're very much Hearts-leaning with their maroon kit etc. You walk into the clubrooms to be greeted by a massive poster of Craig Gordon. I've always thought they were the equivalent of Edina Hibs.

Anyway, the guy I was speaking to is a season ticket holder at the PBS and seemed to think Cathro might retained in some capacity. As I said, nothing more concrete than that.

As somebody else mentioned, I found it a bit harder to believe Levein would put himself back in the firing line after his scarring experience as Scotland boss. He seems to want to airbrush that out of his career and re-invent himself as a supposedly wise old football guru.

Diclonius
03-03-2017, 10:55 AM
If their freefall continues until the end of the season and they end up in the bottom six, I reckon there's a good chance Cathro will be away.

Budge isn't stupid - if Cathro clearly isn't up to being a first team coach he'll be gone.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Paying him off doesn't seem likely as it could be expensive unless they sack him as being unfit for purpose? Clearly not the standard of manager everyone was told was arriving to show the rest of us how it's done.

Deansy
03-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Sadly, I don't believe Cathro will be there next season but I don't think they'll bin him at the moment - their season's more or less over so they've not really much to lose by keeping him on just now. Anyway, Jambos being Jambos, if Cathro - by some miraculous feat - wins a couple of games in a row, he'll be back to being 'better than Sir Alex' !

03-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Wait, hud the bus, I thought he was the best up coming manager in Britain and is going to be more successful than Sir Alex Ferguson :confused:

I mean those Kickbakers have a brilliant insight into things after all so must be true!

RoxburghHibs
03-03-2017, 12:12 PM
I was told by a Jambo (who knows a certain Evening News journalist and used to be a scout himself) that Cathro offered to resign after the derby defeat. This was turned down point blank.

So would seem odd that they would now sack him?

stoneyburn hibs
03-03-2017, 12:22 PM
He must stay for at least the length of his contract.

Don Giovanni
03-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I was told by a Jambo (who knows a certain Evening News journalist and used to be a scout himself) that Cathro offered to resign after the derby defeat. This was turned down point blank.

Doesn't say much for his mental strength or belief in his ability to turn it around!

Poor wee lamb

mjhibby
03-03-2017, 12:42 PM
If they don't beat Hamilton at home then with Aberdeen,celtic and st Johnstone after that it's hard to see where the next win is going to come. Should they get thumped by the dons and Celtic I reckon he will be gone. Most hertz fans from what I can gather are only bothered how much the payoff to him and mcphee would be and are losing patience rapidly. Didnt see how it was going to work. It was a gamble by budge and harry potter and at the moment is failing on a grand scale. Robbie didn't survive being kicked out the cup by us and I can't see it being any different with Cathy. I'll be very surprised if he is still there by the start of next season unfortunately.

KeithTheHibby
03-03-2017, 12:42 PM
No chance.

They just gave him a 3 and half year deal. They even said it was a long term project when they took him on. They just backed him in the transfer market and signed 9 new players. NO chance will they bin him after 15 or so games with even less chance of Levein taking over in the interim.

They will give him until this time next season so he can put his foot down and sort his squad out.

Do you really think Cathy was responsible for bringing in 9 new players in January? That was down to Potter without a doubt.

JDHibs
03-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Do you really think Cathy was responsible for bringing in 9 new players in January? That was down to Potter without a doubt.

Whoever its down to is irrelevant. They still backed the current manager with new players. NO matter what you think, Cathro would have known where he wanted to improve or atleast try to. These players they have signed wont be cheap. Isma, Tzilois, Martin, Struna and the greek centre half all have decent pedigree.

Geo_1875
03-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Whoever its down to is irrelevant. They still backed the current manager with new players. NO matter what you think, Cathro would have known where he wanted to improve or atleast try to. These players they have signed wont be cheap. Isma, Tzilois, Martin, Struna and the greek centre half all have decent pedigree.

Isma? Pedigree? He scored less than a goal every year before he came to Scotland and hasn't been capped since under 17 level.

brog
03-03-2017, 12:59 PM

Its not really irrelevant though given the OP suggested Cathro would be replaced by CL & i think most people would agree CL was responsible for the great majority of the 9 signings! Would be typical of Harry P however to benefit from his own ineptitude!

JackLadd
03-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Throda going nowhere.

"Stay I must, fight I will. Yes, hmmmm."

JDHibs
03-03-2017, 01:03 PM
There would be mass protests if CL got placed in interim charge. Hes hated over there and most people blame him for the constant string of failed signings.

No mileage in this at all in my opinion.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Ian needs time. There's a whole footballing culture that needs changed, not just at Hearts but in Scotland in general. As posters have indicated, this is a long term project. Hearts are aware of this and have to be congratulated for their determination in OH GOD I JUST CANNOT DO THIS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

MrSmith
03-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Very much a Calderwood experience! We know it, they know it but are too arrogant to admit it! My jumbo pals staying the "was a brave and still is a brave appointment" party line 😂

Hibernia&Alba
03-03-2017, 01:56 PM
He must stay for at least the length of his contract.

Deserves a contract extension of say twenty years. He's a Hibs legend.

Winston Ingram
03-03-2017, 01:58 PM
I'd be stunned at this. It's only 4 weeks ago that they spent an absolute fortune and revamped the entire squad for him.

A Hi-Bee
03-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Cathie must stay he is the future down tincastle way

Bostonhibby
03-03-2017, 02:57 PM
He's in with the girder is Father Dougal. Rock solid, they'll never shift him.

Mikey09
03-03-2017, 03:47 PM

I think Cathro has totally underestimated the realities of football management. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he offered his resignation. He looked completely out his depth in the replay at Easter Road and at one point even Lennon looked as if he felt sorry for him. Part of me feels for the guy but another part just delights in it.

Jack Hackett
03-03-2017, 03:53 PM
There would be mass protests if CL got placed in interim charge. Hes hated over there and most people blame him for the constant string of failed signings.

No mileage in this at all in my opinion.

Behave! When have that mob ever had the baws for a mass protest? A guy kicking a Russian hat down the street and a plane with a banner behind it is about as heated as they get. They have a solid history of bending over and taking whatever is dished out.

Spineless welts!

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Behave! When have that mob ever had the baws for a mass protest? A guy kicking a Russian hat down the street and a plane with a banner behind it is about as heated as they get. They have a solid history of bending over and taking whatever is dished out.

Spineless welts!

:agree:

greenlex
03-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Ian needs time. There's a whole footballing culture that needs changed, not just at Hearts but in Scotland in general. As posters have indicated, this is a long term project. Hearts are aware of this and have to be congratulated for their determination in OH GOD I JUST CANNOT DO THIS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It's true Bob. It's world wars were not won in a few weeks and folk lose sight of that.

Scott Allan Key
03-03-2017, 04:47 PM
The romance of Cathy and rugged Heathcliff (Levein) is a romance doomed but let it run its course. Dithering Sheights, and well suited.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I feel sorry for Belinda obviously dreaming a different dream from the team.

Kato
03-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Spineless welts!

They did attack their own team bus once, trying to get to the Pieman. He wasn't on it though. They were protesting as he had stopped spending money on them, 19 million quid in debate at the time.

hibsdaft
03-03-2017, 05:33 PM
If they could get away with it, I would have thought some form of restructure which would see him taken out of the limelight would be attractive to Budge and Levein. E.g. CL takes on some media work, and an overt dressing room/ touchline role, with Cathro taking reins again in 2018/19. Just not feasible though, they would be a laughing stock and the Hearts support would go crazy.

Slavoj Zizek
03-03-2017, 05:44 PM

That will be the same bloke you were wholeheartedly endorsing on this very forum despite folk who "ken" the score telling you otherwise:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317189-Cathro-Must-Stay/page4 or on http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?317189-Cathro-Must-Stay/page3

But you watch "15 games a week" so we're all sure he will be "very good coach" #CathyMustStay #HendoSigning :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Don't sack the tosspot

The tosspot with the laptop

I just don't think you understand

That if you sack the tosspot

The tosspot with the laptop

You're going to have a riot on your hands

green with envy
03-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Isma? Pedigree? He scored less than a goal every year before he came to Scotland and hasn't been capped since under 17 level.

Is this the one where herts fans were keeping tabs on all the flights that were due in from Cyprus when the 'great messiah' was rumoured to singning ? I've known fans to be deluded but herts take the biscuit.

Eyrie
03-03-2017, 07:25 PM
It would be a very short sighted move by Hearts to sack Cathro before he has a chance to take them into the Champions League. They need to learn to show him the same patience that they have for the League Cup.

GreenLake
03-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Throda going nowhere.

"Stay I must, fight I will. Yes, hmmmm."

"May the farce be with you"

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2017, 08:35 PM
It's true Bob. It's world wars were not won in a few weeks and folk lose sight of that.

The great clubs never forget that a World War lasts more than 90 mins.

Ignore stoppage time at you peril.

TheMentalHibees
03-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that although while they're not directly affiliated they're very much Hearts-leaning with their maroon kit etc. You walk into the clubrooms to be greeted by a massive poster of Craig Gordon. I've always thought they were the equivalent of Edina Hibs.

Anyway, the guy I was speaking to is a season ticket holder at the PBS and seemed to think Cathro might retained in some capacity. As I said, nothing more concrete than that.

As somebody else mentioned, I found it a bit harder to believe Levein would put himself back in the firing line after his scarring experience as Scotland boss. He seems to want to airbrush that out of his career and re-invent himself as a supposedly wise old football guru.

He can airbrush all he wants, doesn't change the fact that he's an absolute ****er. Even taking the hearts affiliation out of the equation, he seems like a dick. Far too high an opinion of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
03-03-2017, 09:29 PM

I do agree re- the obvious connection of the boys club and that mob. I wentalong with a fellow Hibs friend many years ago on behalf of Cavalry Park boys club to a cup tie HmFC V Inverness THISTLE and medals Mackay scored 4 in an 8 nil win. the Salveston, Tynie Boys , Redpath, Crossroads I think were all round the Hearts officials like a rash after the game. ourselves Edina, Mussie if I recall were left to eat small pies.was decent of them to give out free tickets to boys club reps I suppose but I felt uncomfortable and unwelcome