PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup!!!

northstandhibby
03-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Are we going to let the recent league form dampen our enthusiasm for Saturday. No way whatsoever. Let's dump the gloom and doom for now and roar the boys on to victory. Lets show some real support from the off. Fantastic chance to get another Hampden visit. i fully appreciate the recent league form has not been what is should be but this is a different day. We've always been different class supporting the team on cup day and fully expect it to remain so.

We are Hibs Hibs wooooaaaa Hibs Hibs.............

Bring it on.

glory glory

California-Hibs
03-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Exactly! I've been reading some funny things from Hibs fans recently. There's a some consensus by some that it's actually in our interest to LOSE tomorrow's game and sacrifice a trip to Hampden, as it'll strengthen our chances of winning the league......what absolute crap!!

Lose tomorrow and confidence will be even lower going to Dundee United next week! Who are we to think, Scottish Cup? Ah, been there done that now, not bothered.

Of course the MAIN priority is the league, it 100% is. But I'd rather start winning games again PRONTO and our next one up is tomorrow!

Winning breeds confidence. Anyone who isn't bothered if Hibs lose this particular game tomorrow needs to give themselves a shake!

cleanyman
03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Well it can't possibly be any worse than Wednesday

pacoluna
03-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Well it can't possibly be any worse than Wednesday
That didn't take long :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
03-03-2017, 11:15 AM
FAO anyone wanting to get beat on Saturday so we can concentrate on promotion. A win on Sunday will give us ONE extra game, maximum, that we will have to play during our league campaign. The final is way after we finish. A win on Saturday would be huge and would be a great achievement to get back to the semi finals as holders. It would also give us a massive financial boost as you'd be sharing the cut (presumably) from two sell out games in the semi finals and whatever else goes along with it. This is our trophy, we tried for 114 years to win it with no luck. 21st May was the best day of my life lifting that cup and we're not giving it up without one hell of a fight.

hibbysam
03-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Exactly! I've been reading some funny things from Hibs fans recently. There's a some consensus by some that it's actually in our interest to LOSE tomorrow's game and sacrifice a trip to Hampden, as it'll strengthen our chances of winning the league......what absolute crap!!

Lose tomorrow and confidence will be even lower going to Dundee United next week! Who are we to think, Scottish Cup? Ah, been there done that now, not bothered.

Of course the MAIN priority is the league, it 100% is. But I'd rather start winning games again PRONTO and our next one up is tomorrow!

Winning breeds confidence. Anyone who isn't bothered if Hibs lose this particular game tomorrow needs to give themselves a shake!

I have two points in regards to this.

1. As you say, lose tomorrow and it will be a disaster, a hopeless run without a win, which as you say will destroy confidence.
2. The semi finals are not until the end of April this year. At this point we only have 3 league games left, therefore reaching the Semi Final should have no impact on the number of games we are playing as the season is basically finished at this point.

SlickShoes
03-03-2017, 11:26 AM

I don't want to lose but I can see us going through and then the "distraction" excuse getting trotted out again.

This game is a chance for us to find form again with nothing to fear, if we go out trying to win the game and play well then so be it, no need to be afraid of this cup ever again, go out play well and find some form get back to winning ways.

I haven't seen us beat Ayr this season yet so let's hope it happens this weekend.

Jim44
I'm not in the camp wishing us to lose on Saturday, but I wouldn't see a defeat as the end of the world. However, I think it's a reasonable suggestion to make that the recent run of bad results could be because the players are playing with one eye on the league and one on the Cup. Maybe the one on the cup is working overtime. :dunno:

CallumLaidlaw
FAO anyone wanting to get beat on Saturday so we can concentrate on promotion. A win on Sunday will give us ONE extra game, maximum, that we will have to play during our league campaign. The final is way after we finish. A win on Saturday would be huge and would be a great achievement to get back to the semi finals as holders. It would also give us a massive financial boost as you'd be sharing the cut (presumably) from two sell out games in the semi finals and whatever else goes along with it. This is our trophy, we tried for 114 years to win it with no luck. 21st May was the best day of my life lifting that cup and we're not giving it up without one hell of a fight.

Win tomorrow and we'll be in our 5th Scottish cup Semi in 6 seasons, and it will be our 9th trip to hampden in 6 seasons. As you say, another trip to hampden in a televised semi will give us a good financial boost, and will take us nicely into the Dundee Utd game.

Tamhere1875
03-03-2017, 11:55 AM
I hope the 16,500 who where at the hearts game have bought tickets for the Ayr United game. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Here we go, 2 in a row.

Let's get back to Hampden, get a win again and then kick on for the rest of the season.

number9dream
03-03-2017, 12:08 PM
We need a good win to boost morale and restore confidence.

Surely we owe Ayr a going over at Easter Road after the previous league visits?

Get at them right from the start and make it an easy afternoon for our two new central defenders, if they play together.

WeeRussell
03-03-2017, 12:23 PM
The only team whose league campaign will be boosted by us being knocked out the cup tomorrow is Dundee United. They'll be rubbing their hands together at the thought of playing a team losing two on the trot and struggling for a win in the league.

Let's turn Ayr over with a proper performance and a decent win, and let the league know we're ready for the final push to get us back where we belong.

Hibernia&Alba
03-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Cup games are always special, but the league is far more important, particularly this season. Cup run is a bonus.

lucky
03-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Hope we win tomorrow but league wins are more important as I'm sick to death of this league

ahibby
03-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Cup and league form are two different things. We beat Hearts in the former and lose to St Mirren in the latter. Tomorrow will take care of itself and if we convert our chances we will win.

Coults1875
03-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Hope we win tomorrow but league wins are more important as I'm sick to death of this league

Exactly my thoughts. We should be at least 12+ points clear by now but it hasn't worked out the way we all would have liked.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-03-2017, 01:01 PM

Exactly. Some mental stuff on here the past few days. Semi final is 6 weeks away ffs. Hardly a distraction after tomorrow. If we are to somehow end up in this league again next season then a share of two potential semi final sell outs at Hampden could be crucial.
Not sure in what universe losing at home to ****ing Ayr United could ever be a positive in any way. Confidence would be shot to shreds and the media would have a field day with the players in the build up to Tannadice.

03-03-2017, 01:03 PM

Agree. We need a lift going into a huge game at Utd and what better lift than getting ourselves to yet another SC semi at hampden. 100% the league comes before anything this season, not winning the league is simply not an option but as you say, we just need to get back to winning ways ASAP.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Great post👍definitely want the win against Ayr, we part time supporters/fair weather fans/glory hunters have come to expect our annual hampden trips and the bun fight for tickets for the final😉

Bostonhibby
03-03-2017, 03:39 PM
The only team whose league campaign will be boosted by us being knocked out the cup tomorrow is Dundee United. They'll be rubbing their hands together at the thought of playing a team losing two on the trot and struggling for a win in the league.

Let's turn Ayr over with a proper performance and a decent win, and let the league know we're ready for the final push to get us back where we belong.
Totally agree with you👍

SRHibs
03-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I fancy us to scrape through by a goal then go on to beat Celtic 8-0 in the semi-final.

PompeyHibs
03-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Here we go two in a row

Must win tomorrow

Best team available should be played, we have 6 days until the next game.

Also it Ayr United not Real Madrid we are playing... if we dont beat them tomorrow that will be three visits this season they would be unbeaten at ER.

Must win 3-0 Hibs

🏆🏆

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 05:48 PM
A win tomorrow is an absolute requirement .......... In the grand scheme of things the league is much, much more important .... but given that the club cant lose sight of other goals, with the likely semi final line up there is a pile of cash to be made from getting there and its something Hibs cant ignore. Making the final wouldn't half make us some money as well, not to mention the chance to retain the trophy, even if that was against Celtic.

All that being said ...... I would take a 10 - 0 drubbing from Ayr Utd tomorrow if the payback for it was guaranteed promotion :greengrin

Nicho87
03-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Regan and Doncaster will be praying we are beaten tomorrow. Those brats from leith wont be welcome in glasgows home of football.

ancient hibee
03-03-2017, 05:54 PM
I hope no player ever looks at winning a game as causing distraction.Winning a game is the only objective in playing.

GreenCastle
03-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Regan and Doncaster will be praying we are beaten tomorrow. Those brats from leith wont be welcome in glasgows home of football.

I think they will want us in the semi final as they know we will bring a good crowd to Hampden and looks better on TV etc.

Anyway must win tomorrow - then I will be relaxed about the semi finals. Though draw Rangers and that would be interesting...

Ayr will be very tricky...they have injuries too but we have struggled against them and caused us issues.

A win would get the fans back in a better mood, give players confidence before Utd away and really importantly bring in a decent income from TV, Gate money ad prize money from the semi final!!

Don't forget a Scottish Cup party will be bigger than a Championship League party...

Pete
03-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Last year after the play off defeat there were lots of people who were that gutted they didn't care less about the final.

Fast forward to now and what game do you remember?

The cup buzz is coming back and we're a game away from a semi!!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2017, 06:02 PM
That didn't take long :rolleyes:

But Does he clean up due to being a skoosher or a wetter?

calumhibee1
03-03-2017, 06:13 PM
I hope no player ever looks at winning a game as causing distraction.Winning a game is the only objective in playing.

:top marks

Gmack7
03-03-2017, 06:42 PM
No negative vibes at all
WHENS THE DRAW

calumhibee1
03-03-2017, 06:45 PM

:top marks

Mr White
03-03-2017, 06:54 PM

Great post, I agree 100%. This is our cup and I want to keep it that way.

Hedlund12
03-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Am I the only person who thinks we'll get beat tomorrow?

Sincerely hope I am wrong. I'll support my team regardless of the outcome but I have a niggling feeling a defeat is on the cards.

hibee-boys
03-03-2017, 07:40 PM
The ease in which we beat hearts was a surprise to me, don't know if that says more about us or them though! We've had around 3 years of huffing and puffing against mediocre opposition so I expect no different tomorrow. I hope they surprise me again but I think it'll be another scrappy close game with us winning by a goal.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2017, 07:44 PM

Sincerely hope I am wrong. I'll support my team regardless of the outcome but I have a niggling feeling a defeat is on the cards.

I think we'll win tomorrow, but I'd much rather win on Friday against Dundee United. Our League form is worrying.

I hate to be one of the usual types, but I have to be honest, I can't get too interested in the cup games against teams we've already played three times too many in our division. Unless it's a derby, I'm pretty much in the 'wake me when we're in the semis' camp.

mutley
03-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Sure it must be the Yams Year to win it .............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03-03-2017, 08:14 PM
I think they will want us in the semi final as they know we will bring a good crowd to Hampden and looks better on TV etc.

Anyway must win tomorrow - then I will be relaxed about the semi finals. Though draw Rangers and that would be interesting...

Ayr will be very tricky...they have injuries too but we have struggled against them and caused us issues.

A win would get the fans back in a better mood, give players confidence before Utd away and really importantly bring in a decent income from TV, Gate money ad prize money from the semi final!!

Don't forget a Scottish Cup party will be bigger than a Championship League party...

Ayr's situation with injuries is worse than ours which gives me a bit more confidence for tomorrow. Hopefully won't be watching through my fingers like I was expecting to be.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-united-six-players-missing-9958054

Ayr United have six players missing ahead of vital Scottish Cup quarter-final tie against Neil Lennon's Hibernian

They haven’t lost at Easter Road for 19 years — but Ayr United will have to do it without SIX big players on Saturday.

AYR are a massive 12/1 to send the holders packing in the Scottish Cup quarter-finals but they’ve already beaten them once this season and drawn on their other visit.

But boss Ian McCall fears their hot form in the capital means Neil Lennon’s men won’t be caught on the hop.

Ayr have more than half a team missing for the last-eight tie but will have Ross Docherty back from suspension.

Farid El Alagui, who scored in the 1-0 win over Raith Rovers on Tuesday evening, is cup-tied.

Paul Cairney, who was stretchered off after only five minutes, is out along with Jamie Adams, Robbie Crawford, Peter Murphy and Declan McDaid.

Craig Moore is a definite starter in the capital, while Alan Forrest enhanced his claims with a superb performance against Raith.

McCall said: “We have done well at Easter Road this season but that tells me they won’t underestimate us."

The manager told the club website: "It's the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup which is always a huge occasion and we are delighted to be there.

"We want to go and enjoy the occasion however the enjoyment comes from getting a result and that is exactly what we are going there for.

"We have been to Easter Road twice this season and come away with a win and a draw however that will have absolutely no bearing on this match.

"The twice we have been there our fans have been brilliant and I imagine there will be more of them there this time and I am sure they will help us with the usual noisy backing.

"We have quite a few injuries at the moment. However, it gives a great chance for some other players to show what they can do."

Hibs boss Lennon was in the Somerset stand on Tuesday to run the rule over Ayr.

But he saw their league titles take a dent 24 hours later with a shock 2-0 defeat away to bottom team St Mirren.

Hibs also have injury worries while Darren McGregor is banned but they have added Efe Ambrose on loan from Celtic and former Ross County centre-back Brian McLean.

Hibs are heavy 1/4 favourites while a Somerset replay on Tuesday, March 14 is a 9/2 shot.

Onceinawhile
03-03-2017, 08:16 PM
No negative vibes at all
WHENS THE DRAW

Half 5 on Sunday.

On sky sports news.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-03-2017, 08:22 PM

I've not got a good feeling either to be honest [emoji102]

monktonharp
03-03-2017, 08:40 PM
we will win tomorrow. I just don't know if I want Partick Thistle in the semi, or in the final. beating another Glasgow club to win it 2 in a row would be immense.

Joe6-2
03-03-2017, 08:50 PM

This shouldn't be an issue, we should be so far ahead in this league! And Ayr should not be a problem, but Hibs being Hibs, we make such heavy weather of it!!

Onceinawhile
03-03-2017, 09:01 PM
we will win tomorrow. I just don't know if I want Partick Thistle in the semi, or in the final. beating another Glasgow club to win it 2 in a row would be immense.

Partick to beat Hamilton in the semi would be fine by me. Or st mirren.

03-03-2017, 09:12 PM
We will win tomorrow. Cup winning mentality. Day oot to Hampden here we go. I know most of the stewards there on first name terms.

03-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Partick to beat Hamilton in the semi would be fine by me. Or st mirren.

Have just put £3 on the "perfect" quarter final results this weekend. Wins for Hamilton, Hibs, St Mirren and Partick at 3140/1 at Betfair. Madness I know but I'll be happy if the bet's still on come 12.30 on Sunday.

Also £5 at 50/1 just for St Mirren to beat Celtic. Couldn't resist such high odds on a 2 horse race, no matter who they are.

Bishop Hibee
03-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Cash bonanza if we get to the semis. There could be two sell out crowds. If we can't beat Ayr at home at the third attempt then the players will deserve every bit of flack they'd get.

ehf
03-03-2017, 10:02 PM

On paper, the Semi-finalists should be: Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic.

The ways things tend to go, the likelihood is that there will be at least one "upset". Assuming it's not us (and I don't share your confidence that this is a foregone conclusion), it would ideally be Celtic, but that's unlikely.

Although it would be pleasing in many ways for Sevco to lose to Hamilton, I would rather play them than Aberdeen in the semis, so would hope that Thistle do it. They're not a good cup team, though.

monktonharp
03-03-2017, 10:07 PM
We will win tomorrow. Cup winning mentality. Day oot to Hampden here we go. I know most of the stewards there on first name terms.:agree: the lassies in the bar in Rutherglen keep askin' how's the waen, to me :greengrin

monktonharp
03-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Cash bonanza if we get to the semis. There could be two sell out crowds. If we can't beat Ayr at home at the third attempt then the players will deserve every bit of flack they'd get.we have beaten them down at Somerset and did it very well. Jason did not play that day if I recall. apart from that, we owe them a cup doin' for that semi-defeat during the Sauzee ? era . sure it went to extra time or penalties? I did secretly smirk though when the Ayr fans chanted "we can see you sneekin' oot":greengrin

03-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Time to get the positive heads on guys.
I'll go Home win by 2 goals. :flag:

majorhibs
03-03-2017, 10:16 PM
What a wee mentality. What a defeatist useless opinion. Seriously. Internet should be banned, it just encourages zoomers.

Cameron1875
03-03-2017, 10:31 PM
I want to go back to Hampden again as cup holders so mon the hibs!!

Zazu62
03-03-2017, 10:46 PM
If it's a replay will it be on zitelli?