PDA

View Full Version : Efe Ambrose

RamYer1902
02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Solid last night in my opinion.

Made a mistake once down our end in the corner but after that he won all his battles in the air. Shame those around him were dreadful last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2017, 10:59 AM

Made a mistake once down our end in the corner but after that he won all his battles in the air. Shame those around him were dreadful last night!

Very steady, one of only a few to gain pass marks

High-On-Hibs
02-03-2017, 10:59 AM

He was "ok". But that's an "ok" better than the rest.

Largshibby
02-03-2017, 11:11 AM
He was "ok". But that's an "ok" better than the rest.

It was an unremarkable debut not surprising under the circumstances. Think he was glad to pass the ball around at the back so no blame could be apportioned for any mistakes. Again understandable. He will need to be more dominant and enterprising on Saturday when he's going to be the "senior" centre half. A couple of days at EM will help.

I'm_cabbaged
02-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Missed a sitter, posted missing for their first goal, Just saying...

Edit: not that he was any worse than the rest of the imposters

SaulGoodman
02-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Eh? Their first goal the boy cut inside from the left and beat Marciano at his near post..

hibee_girl
02-03-2017, 11:18 AM

First game in a few months, just saying :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Aye with DG at centre half and Boyle at rb, Ambrose nowhere.

RamYer1902
02-03-2017, 11:19 AM

You mustn't have been at the game then.

Cause for the first goal was a diagonal ball that Boyle was too lazy to track then he cut inside Gray and scored.

Just saying.

cleanyman
02-03-2017, 11:19 AM
The first goal was caused by Boyle falling asleep.

The second was Gray who also fell asleep

Sleep aplenty.

Anyway, Ambrose was okay.

wookie70
02-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I thought he looked very rusty in the first half but did pretty well in the second. He won't exactly add to any sense of urgency though as he plays in a very laid back fashion.

hibsforeurope
02-03-2017, 11:22 AM
He's an easy target, looked solid enough for me last night.

If the full backs and wide midfielders pulled their weight we wouldn't have lost either goal last night.

CallumLaidlaw
02-03-2017, 11:23 AM
I think people are desperate to judge Ambrose on his reputation. He done nowt wrong last night. Could see he wasn't quite match sharp but pretty much strolled through the game.

RamYer1902
02-03-2017, 11:23 AM
He's an easy target, looked solid enough for me last night.

If the full backs and wide midfielders pulled their weight we wouldn't have lost either goal last night.

That summary is far too sensible for some.
Spot on.

green day
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM

Not wanting to start an argument...............but that comment is a total fabrication

The scorer cut inside on our right (Efe was playing left CB) and caught out Marciano inside his post.

kaimendhibs
02-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Wasnt at fault for either goal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
02-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Some of our fans clearly read too much into stuff on social media. At 1-0 and 2-0 last night it was all over twitter and FB that we were losing due to Ambrose playing, without having a clue what had happened in the match.

I'm_cabbaged
02-03-2017, 11:43 AM
As I already said, from seeing it on the tv, the whole defence had moved over to the left as he wasn't there as far as I could see. I'm not picking him out, just an observation as the thread is about him.

Captain Trips
02-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Efe was fine, goals were down the flanks. The only defender who was dodgy was David Gray possibly his worst ever performance from what I have seen.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Efe wasnt too bad but sometimes the ball seems like a hot tattie to him

RamYer1902
02-03-2017, 12:26 PM
As I already said, from seeing it on the tv, the whole defence had moved over to the left as he wasn't there as far as I could see. I'm not picking him out, just an observation as the thread is about him.

He was playing left centre back. That's why he wasn't out on the right hand side.

Centre Hawf
02-03-2017, 12:31 PM
As I already said, from seeing it on the tv, the whole defence had moved over to the left as he wasn't there as far as I could see. I'm not picking him out, just an observation as the thread is about him. Haven't seen it on TV but Efe was no where near at fault for either goal. Gray got beat by the same move twice and Marciano beat at his near post twice. Efe wasn't even involved in the goals in any way shape or form. I think he done ok last night considering how bad the team was as a whole.

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2017, 12:56 PM
I thought he looked very rusty in the first half but did pretty well in the second. He won't exactly add to any sense of urgency though as he plays in a very laid back fashion.

the sloop JB(john Blackley) role ? :cb

p.s. didn't realise john blackley had a street named after him in the falkirk area two years ago

SlickShoes
02-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Can't believe there are hibs fans wanting to hang him out to dry already. The guy played fine, David Gray, Boyle and Marciano were all at fault for the goals.

St Mirren caused very little issues other than on the right, our centre halfs played fine, about the only part of the team to get pass marks.

Unseen work
02-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Ambrose was nowhere near the goal scorer as he was left centre back.

The ball got pinged out wide and Boyle have his lan far too much space and time, then it's down to gray.

Marciano is bet at his near post but I think he seen it late so wouldn't say he was at fault.

It would be mcgregor next along instead of Efe.

I'm positive some people have rarely played a game of football and just see ambrose as an easy target as he has made mistakes in the past.

Won the spl, multiple domestic cups and the African cup of nations. 51 caps for Nigeria.

He will be fine.

green with envy
02-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Aye with DG at centre half and Boyle at rb, Ambrose nowhere.

Most bizarre comment ever. Boyle was the only for me that was to blame for their first goal. As said very bizarre.

JDHibs
02-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Usual rubbish from Hibs fans.

Too quick to jump on the scapegoat bandwagon.

Ambrose done nothing wrong last night, both goals came from Gray/Boyles side. Give the guy a chance before you write him off.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Ambrose was ok last night, he didn't make any obvious errors last night. Compared with David Gray, Ambrose was like Maldini last night.

Tamhere1875
02-03-2017, 02:51 PM
The right side was to blame for both goals lazy work by both Gray and Boyle

JackLadd
02-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Quite surprised Gray has given away a couple of soft goals in past two games. Normally so reliable.

northstandhibby
02-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Usual rubbish from Hibs fans.

Too quick to jump on the scapegoat bandwagon.

Ambrose done nothing wrong last night, both goals came from Gray/Boyles side. Give the guy a chance before you write him off.

Agree with this. Come on guys s**t happens lets put it behind us and look forward to the next game on Saturday. I'm sure the players and Lenny are hurting too and will want to make amends.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

glory glory

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Quite surprised Gray has given away a couple of soft goals in past two games. Normally so reliable.You think? We've lost a lot of goals from his side this season, we need a new right back if we get promoted.