PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw

Unseen work
01-03-2017, 10:34 PM
Give him a chance.

What has Graham does over the last couple of months that makes him merit a game more than Shaw?

Holt rarely scores

Keatings? I'm not a fan, he scores the odd screamer but other than that doesn't contribute much.

Shaw will at least have the confidence in front of goal, will be eager to impress and fans will back him

Mathias Jack
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Give him a chance.

What has Graham does over the last couple of months that makes him merit a game more than Shaw?

Holt rarely scores

Keatings? I'm not a fan, he scores the odd screamer but other than that doesn't contribute much.

Shaw will at least have the confidence in front of goal, will be eager to impress and fans will back him

I'm dying to see him in the first team too. If we don't have the creativity to provide chances for him, it'd be pointless bringing him.

He's on a development loan at Stenhousemuir, so he's been playing for our under 20's side too. I don't know how those type of loans work. Can we recall him?

Cod Boy
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Isn't he on loan at Stenhousemuir?

indiejak1413
01-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Give him a chance.

Holt rarely scores

Totally agree. Shaw would tear it up in this league.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
01-03-2017, 11:21 PM

Took him a while to start scoring at Stenhousemuir though and would be a lot of pressure on him How many has he scored gor Stenny
Deeks and Cummings took time to adjust to step up and didnt score in thier first few games in fact think deeks was well i to double figures re games played before he broke his duck , so we need to not put misplaced hope in a youngster ,especislly when Team isnt playing well

indiejak1413
01-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Took him a while to start scoring at Stenhousemuir though and would be a lot of pressure on him How many has he scored gor Stenny
Deeks and Cummings took time to adjust to step up and didnt score in thier first few games in fact think deeks was well i to double figures re games played before he broke his duck , so we need to not put misplaced hope in a youngster ,especislly when Team isnt playing well
Agree with what your saying but Shaw and Cummings would be a good partnership. Give the lad 10/15 minutes at the end of games to bed him in.Holt and Graham aren't exactly prolific. Same goes for Crane and Martin.They all deserve a chance more than the pros that have had all season to prove themselves.

Scouse Hibee
01-03-2017, 11:28 PM

Total nonsense, even Cummings who has a very good scoring record is not "tearing up this league". To suggest an untried boy would do is just daft.

Unseen work
01-03-2017, 11:44 PM

I personally think it could be easier for him to jump straight in for us.

I know it may sound daft but you see it happen many times.

For us he would have fans desperate for him to succeed and we all know his record for the dev, also more likely to get more chances as he is playing with better players.

Plenty players don't need a loan spell out.

I understand what you mean about stenny tho

Cat Stanton
01-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Total nonsense, even Cummings who has a very good scoring record is not "tearing up this league". To suggest an untried boy would do is just daft.

No striker is going to tear up anything (apart from maybe their contract) while Lennon's tactics (if that's what they are) are to hump aimless balls skyward and hope they fall somewhere near a player.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2017, 03:26 AM
I'm sure Oli Shaw is a very good prospect .... I've never seen the guy kick a ball so I can only go by what folk who have seen him say and his prolific record in development games.

But if folk are seriously saying that the answer to our problems in the most important season this club has had in just about any period since it was formed is to chuck an untried kid in up front they must be mental. Can you imagine the flak Lennon would get if it didn't work, there is absolutely no chance this will happen.

Onceinawhile
02-03-2017, 07:35 AM
How many times do people need to be told he's on loan at stenhousemuir?

SChibs
02-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Could probably be recalled....

DaveF
02-03-2017, 09:30 AM

He plays for our u20's so it must be one of these development loans. I'd assume this excludes him from 1st team involvement (with us) though.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2017, 09:56 AM
He plays for our u20's so it must be one of these development loans. I'd assume this excludes him from 1st team involvement (with us) though.

It does Dave. He can play for Stenhousemuir and Hibs under 20's

MikeyS
02-03-2017, 09:59 AM
I'm sure Oli Shaw is a very good prospect .... I've never seen the guy kick a ball so I can only go by what folk who have seen him say and his prolific record in development games.

But if folk are seriously saying that the answer to our problems in the most important season this club has had in just about any period since it was formed is to chuck an untried kid in up front they must be mental. Can you imagine the flak Lennon would get if it didn't work, there is absolutely no chance this will happen.

it's the same posters after any negative result, "chuck the young lads in" "can't be any worse".

Now I realise these guys might be the ones trekking all over the country to watch our development team play, and hats off to them for doing so, you'll know much more about the boys than most on here but now is not the time to chuck a laddie in that's only played a handful of games on loan in League 1 or 2 and expect him to save our season.

since90plustwo
02-03-2017, 10:04 AM
So we take him from Stenny where hes playing every week and getting experience on the chance he might come and do a job? Hes flying atm keep him where he is. Cummings Keatings Holt Graham are the answer not someone untried and untested at this level

flash
02-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Except he isn't playing every week there and he uant scoring goals.

R'Albin
02-03-2017, 10:07 AM
it's the same posters after any negative result, "chuck the young lads in" "can't be any worse".

Now I realise these guys might be the ones trekking all over the country to watch our development team play, and hats off to them for doing so, you'll know much more about the boys than most on here but now is not the time to chuck a laddie in that's only played a handful of games on loan in League 1 or 2 and expect him to save our season.

I agree to an extent but I think Saturday actually is the time to chuck the youngsters in. It sends a message to the first teamers who were shocking last night and even if we lose I think the cup is just a distraction at this point.

ancient hibee
02-03-2017, 10:11 AM
He doesn't start regularly for Stenhousemuir which shows the stage he's at.

Hiber-nation
02-03-2017, 10:12 AM
I remember threads like this when Butcher was manager and loads of folk on here were urging him to throw in Black and Baptie at full back. Where are these guys now?

MikeyS
02-03-2017, 10:38 AM
I agree to an extent but I think Saturday actually is the time to chuck the youngsters in. It sends a message to the first teamers who were shocking last night and even if we lose I think the cup is just a distraction at this point.

Definitely agree with you that a few first teasers need a reality check but I just don't think filling the team with laddies is the way to do it. Honestly can't see Lennon treating this game as an experiment anyway, can you imagine the reaction if he did and we go out the cup to Ayr??

R'Albin
02-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Definitely agree with you that a few first teasers need a reality check but I just don't think filling the team with laddies is the way to do it. Honestly can't see Lennon treating this game as an experiment anyway, can you imagine the reaction if he did and we go out the cup to Ayr??

Yeah, I'm almost certain he won't do it for that exact reason but personally I would like him to.

The one thing I will say is that Martin must be frustrated that he isn't playing. He has looked good every time he's started and gives us a bit of energy which we were certainly missing last night.

MikeyS
02-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I'm almost certain he won't do it for that exact reason but personally I would like him to.

The one thing I will say is that Martin must be frustrated that he isn't playing. He has looked good every time he's started and gives us a bit of energy which we were certainly missing last night.

he'd be one I would like to see starting on Saturday, I think McGinn and or Fyvie can count themselves lucky if they make the starting line up at the weekend based on recent displays.

I dunno if it might even be worth shaking things up a bit with the formation, maybe something like 352

Rocky

daz. ambrose. McLean

Gray/Boyle crane. (Wingbacks)
Fyvie/Lewis (holding)

JMcG. Martin

Jason. holt

you could have a few different permitations based on injuries of course. Think Daz might even be suspended actually!!

CMurdoch
02-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Confirming Daz suspended